AMA with Dokuta Jolly | Well im guess im old enough for this

Dokutah

18 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What is your favorite anime?

Not in particular order:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Kill la Kill, Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, Saint Onisan, Konosuba, Overlord, Baka to Test Shoukanjyuu, Food Wars (only until season 3), Drifter: the new world war, Houseki no Kuni,.....i have specific taste but open enough for introduction so the list will still go on and on lol

6 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hell yeah, time to pummel you with extremely uncomfortable questions.

Ok, no, let's start with something nice xD

Where does Dokutah come from and/or what does it mean?

Its from a popular RPG tower defense mobile games called Arknights which i basically played religiously. In that game player is refered by the NPC as "Doctor" which by the fanbased populerize the japanglish pronounciation of it to be "Dokutah"

Extra bits why im using it besides i like the meme is that i have this self-establish roleplay (if you like to called it that, which is fine) persona as scientist/doctor/professor since im quite into science or atleast junkie on trivia about it. Especially since i like to "experiment" with anything that can be fun and safely experimented like making yugioh card with bizzare effect, weird but strong DnD character build (im basically moldy minmaxer lol) for example

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Do you have a waifu?

*nerveous sweating*

Irl not yet lol

As in media...several lol,

Hinata Hyuga (ironic given i dont like naruto series that much, i support naruxhina though), Shinobu from Magister Negimagi, Rei from Evangelion, Ryuko Matoi Kill la Kill, Saya and hotaru from Dagashi Kashi, Komi and Manbagi from Komi-san and many more...oh god for i have sinned

I have broad taste but i do have  a bit favoritism to either shy and/or motherly type. Also is quite often i like multiple waifu on the same series...im pretty greedy

2 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Its from a popular RPG tower defense mobile games called Arknights which i basically played religiously. In that game player is refered by the NPC as "Doctor" which by the fanbased populerize the japanglish pronounciation of it to be "Dokutah"

Yeshhh, I had a feeling that was the case, Dukutah Yoori-san xD

2 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Extra bits why im using it besides i like the meme is that i have this self-establish roleplay (if you like to called it that, which is fine) persona as scientist/doctor/professor since im quite into science or atleast junkie on trivia about it. Especially since i like to "experiment" with anything that can be fun and safely experimented like making yugioh card with bizzare effect, weird but strong DnD character build (im basically moldy minmaxer lol) for example

Ah, experienced RP player, huh? I'll keep this in mind if I make another event for the site in the future.

1 hour ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

*nerveous sweating*

lol

----------------

Question: Do you enjoy the current YGO meta?

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Question: Do you enjoy the current YGO meta?

I have a bit of mixed opinion about this but i guess its fine. Sure VFD is cancerous and Drytron (my good konami of america never name things right) spamming lockdown is annoying but given there still number of diversity between then is okay

That being said i need to update my Draitron deck *evil laugh*

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ah, experienced RP player, huh? I'll keep this in mind if I make another event for the site in the future.

To be fair im not using my roleplay much outside of DnD session and usually using it in form of writing. And the scientist gimmick for YCM its not much used outside of my profile picture and user naming sense 

Also some of the worse interaction moments in my internet usage life is against role-player that got TOO MUCH into his/her character that he/she roleplay it 24/7. Some of older YCM member probably remember me got into fighting argument over a card review in which the person defend his card too much while making it unnecessaryly worse by his condecending 24/7 roleplay

On 1/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Draw

Which is another irony (i have too much of those lol) since im not doing it as much as i used to be. Im in the time in which my artistic life is burned up pretty badly 

That's a pity. But well, if you ever feel like drawing again, there's Le Crayon Corner for you, you can be sure your drawings will be happily received.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:58 PM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Also some of the worse interaction moments in my internet usage life is against role-player that got TOO MUCH into his/her character that he/she roleplay it 24/7. Some of older YCM member probably remember me got into fighting argument over a card review in which the person defend his card too much while making it unnecessaryly worse by his condecending 24/7 roleplay

lol, I absolutely don't imagine you having a heated discussion with someone xD. Having said that, we may be on friendly terms, but in truth know few of each other. I want to see Doc. massacring someone in a discussion, though xP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favourite Pokemon?

16 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Favourite Pokemon?

I have a lot of fav despite not being avid player. Now usually i like pokemon that either weird, godlike (to be fair, who doesnt like those) or prehistoric (Fossil Team hell yeah). But if i may pick 2 that share 1st place its Xatu and Deoxys

2 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Do you have a favorite archetype among those in your signature?

Suprisingly tough question, but my fav is Targantuan and maybe soon in a future i post a remake for them (with pictures if able, though is 2nd hand picture so lack of lore accuracy is warned lol)

42 minutes ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

favourite yugimans deck

I assume the decks that each yu-protagonist (including dimensional twins and whateves) use through out each series and gen. Now being shining protagonist is never my thing..i like anti/dark heroes, or just straight up horrors of the universe. So based on that, from the top:

1st Evil Heroes Yuki

2nd Supreme King Dragons Yuya

3rd Predaplant Yuri

That being said however there is 1 goodie-two-shoes character and deck that i kinda like 

4th whatever yusei is playing and his alien-looking mesoamerican space dragon buddies

1 hour ago, Nobody Really said:

If you could have any power in the world, what would it be?

THE POWAH TO OBTAIN OTHER POWAH OF COURSE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

on slightly serious note either power that enable me to a productive animation or manga artist OR to able to cure mental health problems

1 hour ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

THE POWAH TO OBTAIN OTHER POWAH OF COURSE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

on slightly serious note either power that enable me to a productive animation or manga artist OR to able to cure mental health problems

That seems a lot nicer than what I would pick (thermokinesis).

Favorite anime character?

12 minutes ago, MadaraUchiha1 said:

What is your favorite yugioh archetype?

Not in particular order

Qliphort, True Draco, True Kings, Evil HEROes, Alien, Venom, Draitron, Kaiju, Sacred Beast, Egyptian Gods, Wicked Gods, Eldlich, Entities, Paleozoic, Infernoid, Knightmare, Tindangles, Meklord, Earthbound Immortal, Inca

Well there still couple more but these is what i can remember in a flash

Archived