GUY NAMED Eduardo L. CAUGHT CHEATING IN Yu-gi-oh YCS Tournament (Remote Duels) is claimed Winner by Konami

@Rayfield Lumina What do you think about this RAY are you as outraged as I'M about a Stupid Cheater Going to YCS Konami you guys are not Smart sometimes Letting Eduardo Cheat and take his hand off screen!

*Please let me know what you think Ray and please Pass this Topic to Others I'm MAD! and want to know all your thoughts as well?

1 hour ago, Zamazenta said:

@Rayfield Lumina What do you think about this RAY are you as outraged as I'M about a Stupid Cheater Going to YCS Konami you guys are not Smart sometimes Letting Eduardo Cheat and take his hand off screen!

lol Zama, tbh I just can't feel outraged. Don't get me wrong, this is disgusting, but a person cheating to win is...well, pitiable. The poor guy needs to cheat to win. He doesn't have the skills, so he has to resource to this. Now tell me this: Will this guy, from the bottom of his heart, will ever feel good with himself? I don't think so. No matter his level of denial, in a corner of his brain, a voice will always tell him: "I'm a pathetic person, not good enough to win by skills alone. I won ONLY because I've been cheating, and any victories I have are worth nothing". I suppose the most annoying part is that he's taking the the satisfaction of winning to the other player, as well as earning prizes he shouldn't, but at the end of the day, he's just sad.

Well you learn your daily lesson zama. 

But in topic, i pretty much have same opinion as rayfield. Bit Indifferent but also fully understand the moral and legal violation and hopeful never happen to the tournament and the yugioh community as a whole again

Instead of rage i rather laugh it out. "You cheat in children card games?"

On 3/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

lol Zama, tbh I just can't feel outraged. Don't get me wrong, this is disgusting, but a person cheating to win is...well, pitiable. The poor guy needs to cheat to win. He doesn't have the skills, so he has to resource to this. Now tell me this: Will this guy, from the bottom of his heart, will ever feel good with himself? I don't think so. No matter his level of denial, in a corner of his brain, a voice will always tell him: "I'm a pathetic person, not good enough to win by skills alone. I won ONLY because I've been cheating, and any victories I have are worth nothing". I suppose the most annoying part is that he's taking the the satisfaction of winning to the other player, as well as earning prizes he shouldn't, but at the end of the day, he's just sad.

I just want to add to this. Yes Eduardo cheated, however he is not a bad player. He is quite skilled at the game. You'll be surprised to know how many top level players cheat. I know quite a few myself. It is pathetic yes, but it's even worse to know that they don't do it because of lack of skills. It's usually an ego thing. They can't fathom not winning every game (not every game is winnable) so they resort to cheating to fill their ego.

6 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

I just want to add to this. Yes Eduardo cheated, however he is not a bad player. He is quite skilled at the game. You'll be surprised to know how many top level players cheat. I know quite a few myself. It is pathetic yes, but it's even worse to know that they don't do it because of lack of skills. It's usually an ego thing. They can't fathom not winning every game (not every game is winnable) so they resort to cheating to fill their ego.

Thanks for the info, I normally don't follow tournaments and I didn't know this individual was actually skilled. What you say is pretty unnerving, though. In the long run I just can't see  how this kind of people can live with themselves, whenever they have to resource to win, they become a lie, and they know it, unless there's a pathological level of denial in their heads. I wonder if at some point they'll reach a point of break, like how it happened to figures like Lance Armstrong or Marion Jones...

9 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Thanks for the info, I normally don't follow tournaments and I didn't know this individual was actually skilled. What you say is pretty unnerving, though. In the long run I just can't see  how this kind of people can live with themselves, whenever they have to resource to win, they become a lie, and they know it, unless there's a pathological level of denial in their heads. I wonder if at some point they'll reach a point of break, like how it happened to figures like Lance Armstrong or Marion Jones...

There is a lot of sketchy stuff behind the scenes. Not gonna list names but there is also quite a lot of adderall abuse that goes on lol.

Aren't tournaments just pure cesspools of cheating? I haven't touched any paper play since last year, even probably 2019, but it shouldn't be anything that is surprising. Actively, one of the few members in any card game community that I would set to be completely against cheating and tries to put forth an anti-cheating agenda is Chris Pikula from the MtG Pro Tour scene.

Now, the worse game for this type of environment is the Pokemon TCG. There is no judge system that warrants a possible and proper metric to shun cheating, even the judge system that is in place heavily favors a no-call structure to cheating. Especially for a game that is seminal on OTKs rather than response/reaction type of games, it is really the worst game to play where cheating is prioritized and also accepted. I dropped out of that game in a heartbeat.

However, the thing that I want to ask about the cheating metric in YGO, is: What are there, in place of the current rules and consequences, that dissuade cheating? The "cancel activism" that pushes for Lifetime bans or anything does not deter the act of it at all. I also have only played in one YGO tournament, so I really do not know the structure or anything of it at all.

52 minutes ago, Simping For Hina said:

Aren't tournaments just pure cesspools of cheating? I haven't touched any paper play since last year, even probably 2019, but it shouldn't be anything that is surprising. Actively, one of the few members in any card game community that I would set to be completely against cheating and tries to put forth an anti-cheating agenda is Chris Pikula from the MtG Pro Tour scene.

Now, the worse game for this type of environment is the Pokemon TCG. There is no judge system that warrants a possible and proper metric to shun cheating, even the judge system that is in place heavily favors a no-call structure to cheating. Especially for a game that is seminal on OTKs rather than response/reaction type of games, it is really the worst game to play where cheating is prioritized and also accepted. I dropped out of that game in a heartbeat.

However, the thing that I want to ask about the cheating metric in YGO, is: What are there, in place of the current rules and consequences, that dissuade cheating? The "cancel activism" that pushes for Lifetime bans or anything does not deter the act of it at all. I also have only played in one YGO tournament, so I really do not know the structure or anything of it at all.

YGO has very strict cheating rules. People have been issued bans because of things they said in videos (stalling for time etc). Konami is very headstrong with their rules but the issues lies in the judges themselves. Konami's judge program is pathetic at it's best. The rulings they ask you to answer are so easy your local player that goes x-6 every week can answer them. Rulings and punishments are inconsistent because of the judges. My friend got a game loss at YCS Utrecht top 4 because his cards had yellowing on them due to weather. Konami states that if the judge can find them in your deck easily they are marked cards. This judge could not find them on any of his attempts but still issued a game loss.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

YGO has very strict cheating rules. People have been issued bans because of things they said in videos (stalling for time etc). Konami is very headstrong with their rules but the issues lies in the judges themselves. Konami's judge program is pathetic at it's best. The rulings they ask you to answer are so easy your local player that goes x-6 every week can answer them. Rulings and punishments are inconsistent because of the judges. My friend got a game loss at YCS Utrecht top 4 because his cards had yellowing on them due to weather. Konami states that if the judge can find them in your deck easily they are marked cards. This judge could not find them on any of his attempts but still issued a game loss.

So despite the rules in place, every judge is a case by case scenario?

We should make a push on Konami to fix up the judges and punish cheaters who is with me? Konami should train the judges much harder be harder on the lazy judges and they should take out the no Card/Hand/Deck Verification and make it so only the Judges can check both players Decks hands for any shady stuff and if people are hiding any cards that are not supposed to be there if there are cards that are not allowed and the judges catch you or the other player you should suffer a param-ban I'm sick and tried of Lazy Konami not being Strict they should be more Strict and the judges too not just Konami. Lets try to get this message out to as many people as possible because Konami and Judges are too idiotic to know this kind of shit sorry for swearing but man does this kind of stuff piss me off we need to address the problem about Cheaters like Eduardo and others of the like.

The problem with any judge system is not about the exact testing, it is the need for judges and the amount of judges necessary. Putting on more restrictions wouldn't do anything except make the program almost discontinued. It isn't a paid role, and people do it for the benefits that are already present. Especially since it is a volunteer program, the amount of "training" that would be worthwhile would be just that- to put your time into it.

You cannot really blame Konami or any other brand for how the Judge Programs are run on this idea, because they are a needed part of the community but there is no proper metric to sanctify the position outside of a volunteer role, since it would require its own form of funding that drives profit and play away from the tournaments that people volunteer their time for. Realistically, everything that you're complaining about is based on the consequences that are held for judges, and not the actual placing for how the consequences are put forth by the judges themselves.

Now, the message that you're trying to promote is lacklaster, lacking much of the problems that come with running and putting forth a competitive circuit. And much of that is also run outside of the company, only as an affiliate linkage to the brand. It is for the promotion of the game, where much of the game is not from the competitive side. The competitive circuit in YGO is one of the most professionally run, even the most professionally managed, but there are still problems that come with that. And much of that comes from the cost shape of how to turn tournaments into a circuit, almost trying to conglomerate the creative and development side of organization.

I think that the problem with this whole discussion is that is it not something that can be stopped; People will cheat, especially when there is something more on the line than just playing a game. My favorite players have been caught cheater (or former, now), playing a deck that almost encouraged the necessity of luck rather than the promotion of skill. And the current, as well as much of the metas, of YGO encourage cheating or just getting "lucky" above just having pure skill.

There should probably be a shift in the card development play before cheating is directly faced outside of the times that it is brought to attention and put forth.

2 hours ago, Zamazenta said:

We should make a push on Konami to fix up the judges and punish cheaters who is with me? Konami should train the judges much harder be harder on the lazy judges and they should take out the no Card/Hand/Deck Verification and make it so only the Judges can check both players Decks hands for any shady stuff and if people are hiding any cards that are not supposed to be there if there are cards that are not allowed and the judges catch you or the other player you should suffer a param-ban I'm sick and tried of Lazy Konami not being Strict they should be more Strict and the judges too not just Konami. Lets try to get this message out to as many people as possible because Konami and Judges are too idiotic to know this kind of shit sorry for swearing but man does this kind of stuff piss me off we need to address the problem about Cheaters like Eduardo and others of the like.

tbh, this is a really crappy idea.

2 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

Yeah. Not even just the penalties they hand out. Sometimes it is just straight up game rulings they get wrong. A judge can be wrong on a ruling but they get last say. It is sad really. 

Though, this is the one thing that MtG does (or did) well; Head judge, and judge levels. You can always contest any ruling you deemed unfair, it would be head judge to make final call.

1 hour ago, Simping For Hina said:

The problem with any judge system is not about the exact testing, it is the need for judges and the amount of judges necessary. Putting on more restrictions wouldn't do anything except make the program almost discontinued. It isn't a paid role, and people do it for the benefits that are already present. Especially since it is a volunteer program, the amount of "training" that would be worthwhile would be just that- to put your time into it.

You cannot really blame Konami or any other brand for how the Judge Programs are run on this idea, because they are a needed part of the community but there is no proper metric to sanctify the position outside of a volunteer role, since it would require its own form of funding that drives profit and play away from the tournaments that people volunteer their time for. Realistically, everything that you're complaining about is based on the consequences that are held for judges, and not the actual placing for how the consequences are put forth by the judges themselves.

Now, the message that you're trying to promote is lacklaster, lacking much of the problems that come with running and putting forth a competitive circuit. And much of that is also run outside of the company, only as an affiliate linkage to the brand. It is for the promotion of the game, where much of the game is not from the competitive side. The competitive circuit in YGO is one of the most professionally run, even the most professionally managed, but there are still problems that come with that. And much of that comes from the cost shape of how to turn tournaments into a circuit, almost trying to conglomerate the creative and development side of organization.

I think that the problem with this whole discussion is that is it not something that can be stopped; People will cheat, especially when there is something more on the line than just playing a game. My favorite players have been caught cheater (or former, now), playing a deck that almost encouraged the necessity of luck rather than the promotion of skill. And the current, as well as much of the metas, of YGO encourage cheating or just getting "lucky" above just having pure skill.

There should probably be a shift in the card development play before cheating is directly faced outside of the times that it is brought to attention and put forth.

tbh, this is a really crappy idea.

I'm lazy to read all of it but it is not volunteer. If you are judging a Konami sanctioned event you are paid cash + judge exclusive merchandise (playmats, field centers usually). They calculate how much everyone is paid by the highest minimum wage from where the judges come from. If they have a judges from Texas, California, British Columbia, Alberta everyone will be paid the Albertan minimum wage since it is the highest out of them all I believe. I haven't fact checked the minimum wage on those but just an example. This extends to remote duels as well.

The more I read about the Judge Program by Konami, the more interesting and even more obnoxious it really is. It is much similar to the MtG function of it, but really it changes based on the compensation amount and the level that is put forth. It is still technically volunteering your time; While yes, judges get compensated the minimum + anything the Tournament Organizer adds, that is only for Regional+ events. Like you said, sanctioned. Judges are asked to appear and fulfill the role, much like any hiring business. They take up the assignment, and it is up to them, but they receive pay for the amount of hours of the event. That is actually pretty cool.

Still, it is not anything to fulfill the need of managing beyond the test. There are expectations to follow, that is just the limits and the roles assigned to the judges that I could find. Though another big problem that I have the more I look into this, is not about the Judge role or position, but really how much the days can be for the tournaments. The workload, people have to truly love the game to even attempt that sometimes. It really is a more joy for the game than it is a joy for the job, which is fine, just shaky. That there is more to it than just upholding the role of judge, but also the safety net while on the job for the people.

I am admire those who become judges, if they take the role seriously. A lot of my previous comment still holds, it is just that: people are putting in their own time, and there is really nothing to get out of it, nor is there anything really that can be given to properly maintain and put the position in higher position. Competitive play is such a terrible field to dive into, and there is so much that comes with that for players, organizers, judges, and everything else.

Archived