Dominion Voting Systems sues Sidney Powell and Fox News for defamation

Phantom Roxas

This will largely pick up one of the ongoing topics from when the election thread ended. I largely expect some of the same sentiments from back then to carry over.

After the election, Trump supporters pushed false conspiracies about the election, and singled out Dominion Voting Systems. Although reports and audits that attempted to "prove" the claims were subsequently debunked, the narrative against Dominion appealed to those who wanted to claim that the election was illegitimate. Sidney Powell hyped up her "Kraken" lawsuit that fell flat on its face, and Fox News pushes disinformation for a living, so Dominion has sued both for defamation.

Powell has disputed whether any reasonable person would consider her conspiracy claims were statements of fact, rather than just her opinions.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20520809-sidney-powell-court-filing

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics/sidney-powell-dominion-lawsuit-election-fraud/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/sidney-powell-s-legal-defense-reasonable-people-wouldn-t-believe-n1261809

The lawsuit against Fox News has only just been filed, but it's worth noting that they did previously try to debunk their own reporting when Dominion, as well as Smartmatic, had previously threatened to sue them.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/22400231/Dominion_v._Fox_News_Complaint.pdf

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/26/22352651/dominion-voting-systems-lawsuit-fox-news-election-fraud-defamation-lawsuit

Overall, I hope that both of these lawsuits are successful. While I suspect that people who believed the original claims against Dominion would be unwilling to change their minds, I'm happy to see Powell and Fox held accountable for their part in the disinformation campaign that served to vilify the entire electoral process in retaliation for Trump losing.

While I believe the election was rigged, I have come to the conclusion that it was largely due to voter fraud. I mean, Dominion is simply a piece of software so the fault is more on those casting/counting said votes. Honestly, if Dominion was flawed, the promgrammer would be to blame, not the software. But the reality is that peoole have always found a way to cheat the system and they always will. This is really all I have to say on this subject. Best of luck with your discussion here, Roxas.

If you still believe that the election was rigged, then you need to back that up. As has been discussed before, there is nothing proving that those who cast or counted the votes rigged the election.

When there has been no substance to the claims that the election was rigged, and the specific criticisms against Dominion have not held up, I would expect a reasonable person to consider that the election was not "rigged". Otherwise, you would be maintaining a lie, then shifting the blame to some hypothetical person just to reinforce the lie. That isn't looking at evidence and drawing a conclusion from the information available to you, it's inventing fictional people who committed fictional actions, then suggesting that this vindicates your original position. Simply put, it's refusing to admit you were wrong when you don't have anything left to support your position.

Whether or not the election was rigged is not a subjective issue. It is a fact that the Dominion software and the people who program and operate it did not do anything to "rig" the election, so it is entirely appropriate for Dominion to sue Powell and Fox for amplifying lies.

3 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

If you still believe that the election was rigged, then you need to back that up. As has been discussed before, there is nothing proving that those who cast or counted the votes rigged the election.

When there has been no substance to the claims that the election was rigged, and the specific criticisms against Dominion have not held up, I would expect a reasonable person to consider that the election was not "rigged". Otherwise, you would be maintaining a lie, then shifting the blame to some hypothetical person just to reinforce the lie. That isn't looking at evidence and drawing a conclusion from the information available to you, it's inventing fictional people who committed fictional actions, then suggesting that this vindicates your original position. Simply put, it's refusing to admit you were wrong when you don't have anything left to support your position.

Whether or not the election was rigged is not a subjective issue. It is a fact that the Dominion software and the people who program and operate it did not do anything to "rig" the election, so it is entirely appropriate for Dominion to sue Powell and Fox for amplifying lies.

Hence, why I said neither Dominion or its promgrammers can be at fault for anything that happened.

I simply stated that the lack of security in voting facilities due to COVID opened a huge window for voter fraud. Yes, there are people here that collect ballots for elections and they often cheat the system. Domimion is only designed to receive the votes. It isn't designed to check any other data. So unless senior citizens mark their ballots in pen, the person collecting said ballot will simply change it to suit their needs. I said it comes down to voter fraud. The folks that turn in ballots for the elderly aren't always honest. I've caught them adjusting the ballots they collected quite a few times. My wife's grandma would always mark her ballot with a ballpoint pen because the ink stains the paper (kinda makes it hard to change).

You're assuming that, because there was the potential for voter fraud, that means the election was rigged. As I understand, the only examples of voter fraud were in the single digits, and all were for Trump.

You do realize that you're insisting that the election was rigged but haven't really offered much beyond suggesting that it could have happened, right? Guessing how it could have happened is a worthless argument. Is there anything wrong with conceding that the election was not rigged?

horu, i'm going to have to ask you to elaborate on your argument: what exactly caused the election to be rigged? who did it and why? if you want others to believe you to be factually correct you need to give them more than "it happened"

The countless news reports of the counting stations throwing out votes for Trump.  But I said my piece already. No need to elaborate since I stated that the subject of this thread is not to blame but it really comes down to people cheating the system.

10 minutes ago, Horu said:

The countless news reports of the counting stations throwing out votes for Trump.  But I said my piece already. No need to elaborate since I stated that the subject of this thread is not to blame but it really comes down to people cheating the system.

Source: "Trust me"

Wait, aren't you the same guy who was attacking anyone who believed something just because "media" told them so? Sorry, but you can't selectively believe those reports, and then disregard the evidence to the contrary that we had presented to you back in the election thread.

You're going to have to be more specific with what "media" you were using as a source.

Roxas, I said my piece and also agreed that neither Dominion or its programmers are at fault. I simply stated that the election was rigged due to people cheating the system like they always do. After all, why would you recount the votes a million times if they were legitimate the first time?

6 minutes ago, Horu said:

Roxas, I said my piece and also agreed that neither Dominion or its programmers are at fault. I simply stated that the election was rigged due to people cheating the system like they always do. After all, why would you recount the votes a million times if they were legitimate the first time?

so how many times you gonna keep repeating "all i'm saying is i have no substance to my claims i just believe them"

9 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

so how many times you gonna keep repeating "all i'm saying is i have no substance to my claims i just believe them"

The substance to my claims is people doing what people do. They cheat to win. Do you honestly think elections are any different? Then again, I'm not the one that voted for a snake. So have fun with that.

You voted for Trump, whom you've explicitly said you support because he's a snake. Not sure who exactly who you think you're pulling one over on here.

You keep saying "I've said my piece" but then keep responding anyway. You're trying to hide behind some nebulous group as if the assumption of people doing something is enough to prove your point.

Trump lost the popular vote in both 2016 and 2020. He only won in 2016 because of the spread of electoral college votes. I think the easiest explanation here is that there weren't enough electoral votes this time around to salvage Trump's campaign.

Insisting that Biden cheated, refusing to elaborate on how that happened, and acting as if it merely being possible is the same as it having actually happened shows that you would rather stay in denial and take swipes at everyone else who has actually tried to explain this to you.

If you initially believe a story, and then every report supporting it is subsequently debunked, the reporters themselves have to issue retractions under threat of lawsuit, and one of Trump's own lawyers has to disown her story by saying that no reasonable person would have believed her story, what possible reason remains to continue believing the story?

Trump lost. I get that you don't like that, but being unhappy with the result of the election does not prove that Biden cheated. It just means you're relying on irrational explanations to help you cope.

1 hour ago, Phantom Roxas said:

You voted for Trump, whom you've explicitly said you support because he's a snake. Not sure who exactly who you think you're pulling one over on here.

I admitted to my lack of trust for Trump, did I not? Do you think I expected him to be a half decent president? No. Quite the opposite. I expected him to take that power and become a monster. Did you not expect the same out of Trump? I'm 100% sure it is. You were just as skeptical about Trump as I was. The only difference between you and me is that I can admit that I was wrong about my expectations.

You keep saying "I've said my piece" but then keep responding anyway. You're trying to hide behind some nebulous group as if the assumption of people doing something is enough to prove your point.

Your inability to understand the truth is more than amusing. I can consistantly rephrase the truth a million times and no matter how I tell it, you won't be able to understand it until fire rains from the sky as a result of what that monster has done.

Trump lost the popular vote in both 2016 and 2020. He only won in 2016 because of the spread of electoral college votes. I think the easiest explanation here is that there weren't enough electoral votes this time around to salvage Trump's campaign.

Yeah, congtats. Biden won the popular vote by supporting terrorist organizations and criminals. Not really something to be proud of. But I guess you stand on that thin layer of ice as well. 

Insisting that Biden cheated, refusing to elaborate on how that happened, and acting as if it merely being possible is the same as it having actually happened shows that you would rather stay in denial and take swipes at everyone else who has actually tried to explain this to you.

Nah. I just see a terrorist and serpent who stole what isn't rightfully his. I just see a rabid dog that needs to be put down. I'm not upset about the election. I couldn't give two fucks about a shit show put on for the idiots who actually think they have a choice.

If you initially believe a story, and then every report supporting it is subsequently debunked, the reporters themselves have to issue retractions under threat of lawsuit, and one of Trump's own lawyers has to disown her story by saying that no reasonable person would have believed her story, what possible reason remains to continue believing the story?

Making an effort to silence a claim only proves that it's true. Hence, the government has allowed thousands of claims run rampant but mention their voting system being rigged and they make a move to silence the claim. Not for nothing, but there was a guy that managed to fool a nation and gained control. Soon after he claimed his seat, he did the opposite of what he said he was going to do. He invoked a communist economy and put millions in camps to be tortured and killed. I see a very similar monster in the white house.

Trump lost. I get that you don't like that, but being unhappy with the result of the election does not prove that Biden cheated. It just means you're relying on irrational explanations to help you cope.

The election is a meaningless charade that Americans buy into every four years. Just like the Olympics. Nothing to cope with. You win some, you lose some. The only thing that changes is the monkey in the chair. Well, calling Biden a monkey is quite a compliment. But the reality is that's exactly what he is. He is nothing more than part of somebody's agenda. He is a necessary part of the plan. If ever he fails to serve the purpose they have given him, they'll execute him. So while Biden is a monster, there is a much bigger and scarier monster that he answers to. And that monster's goal is to bring down the US by any means necessary. After the US is a divided mess, that monster will turn its attention to the rest of the world.

This will make sense pretty soon. Just let my words simmer in the back of your mind in a darkest reaches of your subconscious. Eventually, you will understand.

3 hours ago, Horu said:

The substance to my claims is people doing what people do. They cheat to win. Do you honestly think elections are any different? Then again, I'm not the one that voted for a snake. So have fun with that.

7 hours ago, God Emperor Cow said:

Source: "Trust me"

2 minutes ago, Horu said:

Making an effort to silence a claim only proves that it's true.

You made several dumb statements that I don't care to respond to one by one as you did, but this definitely takes the cake. It's incredible that you think trying to persuade you to change your mind means the same thing as "proving" your point.

As for the rest, you really do not need to be so dramatic. You repeated false claims about the election that were debunked months ago, and you still refuse to recognize that.

4 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

well they did straight up admit they gamed the system by changing the way people vote

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Anyway Biden "won" by a substantially thinner EV spread than Trump

Nothing is gonna come of this cuz they're not retards to pull their shit via voting machines, but also it's very hard to prove defamation in the US

1 hour ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

well they did straight up admit they gamed the system by changing the way people vote

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Anyway Biden "won" by a substantially thinner EV spread than Trump

Nothing is gonna come of this cuz they're not retards to pull their shit via voting machines, but also it's very hard to prove defamation in the US

I have no interest in telling truth to the deaf or giving directions to the blind. I stated my piece on the Dominion software. He circled back around to Trump. I'm not wasting my time running circles and rephrasing the truth until it finally sinks in. I'm just gonna let it slap him in the face when it happens. Even then, he'll still blame Trump for something that had absolutely nothing to do with him. Probably best to just step out of the discussion at this point. I thought it was about Dominion, but I clearly see that it was just a way for him to obsessively rant about how evil Trump is. Generally, this thread is a troll. Honestly wish the mods with do away with this section. It actually serves no real purpose on this site other than to allow trolls to create conflict.

1 hour ago, Horu said:

I have no interest in telling truth to the deaf or giving directions to the blind. I stated my piece on the Dominion software. He circled back around to Trump. I'm not wasting my time running circles and rephrasing the truth until it finally sinks in. I'm just gonna let it slap him in the face when it happens. Even then, he'll still blame Trump for something that had absolutely nothing to do with him. Probably best to just step out of the discussion at this point. I thought it was about Dominion, but I clearly see that it was just a way for him to obsessively rant about how evil Trump is. Generally, this thread is a troll. Honestly wish the mods with do away with this section. It actually serves no real purpose on this site other than to allow trolls to create conflict.

Your literal first post was "trolling" about the election being rigged and you didn't stop despite saying you would multiple times, thus creating conflict yourself, stop trying to pretend you're on the high ground it's completely pathetic and transparent

edit: in fact this very post i'm quoting is trolly and conflict baity omfg

1 hour ago, God Emperor Cow said:

Your literal first post was "trolling" about the election being rigged and you didn't stop despite saying you would multiple times, thus creating conflict yourself, stop trying to pretend you're on the high ground it's completely pathetic and transparent

edit: in fact this very post i'm quoting is trolly and conflict baity omfg

For the future, don't post in one of these threads without saying something in regards to the title topic.

2 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

For the future, don't post in one of these threads without saying something in regards to the title topic.

If you only tell me that and not mention the multitude of other posts in the thread that don't say anything, or briefly mention then veer off topic, about dominion these words seem quite hollow

Especially as you're quoting a post that is quoting another that doesn't actually say anything about the title topic

5 hours ago, Horu said:

I kept it focused on Dominion, while you went on and on about how evil Biden is. I've mentioned Trump in regards to Dominion, and how I maintain that the complaints about it being rigged were already settled, and when I did not believe you, you tried to claim the moral high ground about not voting for Biden. Heck, the only comment I actually made about how evil Trump is was specifically trying to play off your comment about how evil Biden was. After that initial comment, I kept it about the election as a whole and how the most reasonable explanation would be the one that requires the fewest assumptions. Have you heard of Occam's razor?

You took this thread to "obsessively rant" about Biden, so when I'm telling you how irrational you are behaving, that really isn't talking about Trump being evil. You are reading far too much into my responses.

1 hour ago, God Emperor Cow said:

If you only tell me that and not mention the multitude of other posts in the thread that don't say anything, or briefly mention then veer off topic, about dominion these words seem quite hollow

Especially as you're quoting a post that is quoting another that doesn't actually say anything about the title topic

There is something wonderfully ironic about you of all people complaining that a mod is singling out your post and ignoring others that you feel committed the same problem that you're being criticized for.

Archived