Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

chapter eighteen is here guys! this is the final installment of John vs. Millennium Keeper, and the duel that shows the full extent of Archfiend Ruler's power.

[spoiler=Chapter Eighteen]

Karen Falls to Fear

Max

Fiend drew his card and began his turn. “First,” he said, “I manage Life Points (His Life Points: 1650+800-2100=350/My Life Points: 5100-2100=3000). Next I place a card face-down and I reveal the Spell card ‘Emergency Provision’, sending my face-down card, ‘Battle-Scarred’, and ‘Life-Absorbing Machine’ to the Graveyard to recover 1000 Life Points for each (350+3000=3350). I also activate ‘Infernalqueen’’s effect again, increasing my ‘Terrorking’’s Attack by another 1000 (3000+1000=4000). Finally, I discard ‘Ultimate Offering’ on hand to activate ‘Tribute to the Doomed’, destroying ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.” Mummy wraps burst from the hologram of Fiend’s Spell, reaching toward my monster, and were deflected by a barrier projected from a mask that had appeared on my monster’s face.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Mask of the Undead’, negating your card. Come on. You seem to now all about us. You didn’t really expect a move like that to effect me, did you?”

Fiend only smiled and said, “I attack the ‘Toon Mermaid’ with ‘Terrorking Archfiend’, Checkmate Slash!”

“Not on your life,” said Karen. “Reveal to card combo, ‘Physical Double’ and ‘Staunch Defender’, doubling your monster and sending the double to block your attack.”

Suddenly everything seemed to pause, including ‘Terrorking’’s attack and the half molded ball of living clay that was ‘Mirage Token’, and the Fiend Roulette appeared. “I’m sure you were watching my duel with your ally,” said Fiend, “so I’m sure you know what this ability does. The magic numbers this time around are one, three, and five.” The fire danced from orb to orb, finally stopping on three. Fiend chuckled and said, “Too bad. Looks like my attack will hit after all.” The ‘Terrorking’ slashed, slicing the ‘Mermaid’ in half. “I take another piece,” said Fiend. “Now I hope you don’t mind if I reset the board.” He spread his arms wide and curved bony spires rose up all around us, “Duel Force, welcome to ‘Pandemonium’!”

John

“My turn,” I said. Okay, I only have a few turns left. My face-down card is my best chance. I just have to use it right. “I draw,” I said, and looked at my card. Bingo! “Reveal ‘Double Spell’, discarding the spell card I just top decked to activate a Spell card from your Graveyard. A Spell like ‘Card of Sanctity’!”

I drew six cards from my deck and looked them over. “My next card will be a Ritual, the ‘Contract with Dark Master’.” A black fire flared up behind me, “I sacrifice my ‘Fiend Megacyber’ and my ‘Night Assailant’ to Ritual Summon the Demon Game Master.” Out of the fire appeared a bare chested fiend with long purple horns and a red cape that could become a pair of broad and powerful wings. “Introducing the ‘Dark Master – Zorc’ (ATK: 2700)!”

“My monster reflects my true talents in gaming; tabletop role playing games. I’m better at those than anything else.

“You see,” I explained to my opponent, “my ‘Dark Master’ has a very special ability; Attack Dice! Once per turn I can roll a one-sided dice and activate an effect based on the roll. And like in most RPG’s, the lower the roll, the more powerful the result.”

I held out my palm and a dice appeared. With a flick of my wrist I sent the dice skipping across the sandy stone floor. It finally stopped on a one. I stood with my arms crossed and said, “Super Critical Attack activate; Zorc Black Magic, Dark Catastrophe! This attack has enough power to destroy every monster you control!”

‘Zorc’ rose high into the air and raised his palms, aiming them at Keeper’s field. Energy built in his palms. He fired it at the ‘Ghost of Egypt’. The energy hit him, vaporizing him, and then blossomed outward, swallowing up Keeper’s entire side of the field before fading away.

“Next,” I said, “I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying the ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’.” A gust of wind tore the hologram of Keeper’s card to shreds. “You now have no way to defend yourself. ‘Zorc’ attacks!” ‘Zorc’ fired a wave of dark energy at Keeper (5800-2700=3100). I also attack directly with ‘Red-Eyes Black’, Inferno Fire Blast!” ‘Red-Eyes’’s fire rained down over Keeper’s field. He was hit, but seemed completely unharmed (3100-2400=700).”

“I end my turn,” I said, “with one card face-down.”

“I draw,” said Keeper, “and I’ll summon ‘Pyramid Turtle’ in defense mode as a Special Summon using the effect of my ‘Call of the Mummy’.” As he spoke a huge turtle with a pyramid for a shell appeared behind him (DEF: 1400). “I also summon my ‘Sangan’ in defense mode.” A three-eyed brown fur ball appeared at Keeper’s feet (DEF: 600).

“Reveal,” I said, “the Continuous Trap card ‘Skull Lair’. I remove three monsters in my Graveyard from play to destroy your level three ‘Sangan’.” An energy ball formed ahead of me. I commanded it forward and it engulfed the fur ball, vaporizing it. Using ‘Sangan’’s effect he searched his deck for a new monster to place in his hand. Too bad for him he wouldn’t get to use it.

“I begin my turn,” I declared, “with the Spell card ‘Painful Choice’. I pick five cards from deck and you pick one. That card is added to my hand, and the others are discarded. Of course, because they are all monsters, you know what’s coming.”

I sent four of the cards to the Graveyard and said, “I re-activate ‘Skull Lair’, removing four monsters in my Graveyard from play to destroy the level four ‘Pyramid Turtle’.” An energy ball blasted the pyramid on the turtle’s back, shattering it. Chunks of stone rained down on the turtle’s head, crushing it. It became smoke and faded away.

“Now,” I said triumphantly, “I strike the finishing blow. ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, finish this duel. Attack with Inferno Fire Blast!” So in a violent torrent of smoke and flames the duel finally ended (700-2400=0).

Max

“I draw,” said Karen. She was frustrated and nervous, her hands shaking. She was a great Duelist, but since this duel had started I’d gotten the sense that dueling didn’t hold much interest for her anymore. I knew she didn’t want to be here, but she knew that she didn’t have a choice.

“For my next move,” Karen declared, “I summon my ‘Thousand-Eyes Idol’. Next I activate ‘Black Illusion Ritual’, sacrificing my ‘Idol’ to summon my strongest card.”

A pot-shaped creature with many eyes appeared. It was caught in a black flame and infused with power, changing form. It became a creature more bizarre than any other in Duel Monsters. It looked like a sphere resting on a disk, two spikes protruding from the disk, with strong arms. In the center of its chest was a small sphere bearing the millennium eye symbol. The creature was blue and gray in color (ATK: 0).

“Once per turn,” Karen explained, “my monster can assimilate any other monster on the field, gaining all of its attack and defense. ‘Relinquished’, go, Assimilation Spell! Absorb his key monster, the ‘Terrorking Archfiend’!” The ‘Relinquished’’s body opened, forming two flaps, and revealing an opening that served to draw monsters inside. A powerful suction drew the ‘Terrorking’ toward ‘Relinquished’, and suddenly everything paused again as the Fiend Roulette appeared yet again. The flame danced from number to number, stopping on a one.

No, I thought. I looked over at Karen. She had no moves left. She was shaking even harder, and she was so frustrated that she was growing teary-eyed. “I end my turn,” she said. Her voice was tense and full of fear. I probably should have said something to comfort her, but I didn’t know what to say.

“I draw,” I declared. I don’t know how to help you, Karen, I thought, but I’ll do everything I can to protect you from this enemy. I smiled confidently and said, “I start my move by sacrificing my ‘Spirit Reaper’ and my ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’ to summon my ‘Despair from the Dark’.” My two weaker monsters disappeared, and they were replaced by a massive shadow that rose out of the ground. It had red eyes and long, strong claws (ATK: 2800).

“Now I increase the power of my monsters with the Spell card ‘Pyramid Energy’, increasing the Attack of both of my monsters by 200 (‘Despair’: 2800+200=3000/’Reaper’: 800+200=1000/Karen’s LP: 1300+500=1800). “I attack with ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ and destroy your ‘Infernalqueen Archfiend’.” ‘Reaper’ brought his scythe down, slicing the ‘Infernalqueen’ in half (3350+900-1000=3250).

“Because ‘Infernalqueen’ is gone, her effect ends. This means that your ‘Terrorking’ loses all Attack bonuses that he gained from her (4000-2000=2000). Now that your ‘Terrorking’’s power has returned to normal, I don’t have to worry about him anymore, so I have ‘Despair from the Dark’ attack the ‘Toon Summoned Skull’, Terror Claw Strike!” My monster’s arms stretched toward the demon Toon, slicing him to pieces (3250+2500-3000=2750). The once mighty Toon was gone, and our victory was assured.

“My move,” said Fiend, still completely un-phased by my attacks. He was completely unconcerned, and he even seemed to be enjoying himself.

“You made a mistake,” Fiend said. “You took the Knight, not the King. Activate,” Fiend declared, “the Spell card ‘Heavy Storm’, destroying every Spell and Trap card on the field (Karen’s LP: 1800+500=2300).” A heavy gale picked up and tore every Spell and Trap card on the field to pieces. Everything, including the Field card ‘Pandemonium’, was gone, the bony spires fading away, and the green mist lifting.

“Next,” said Fiend, “I equip ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ with ‘Black Pendant’, but because ‘Reaper’ was targeted by an effect, his effect activated, and he’s destroyed.” A necklace with a black stone in it appeared around my ‘Reaper’’s neck, and he seemed to melt away. The necklace rose into the air and fired bolts of black energy at me and Karen, dealing damage to our Life Points. “When ‘Black Pendant’ is destroyed,” Fiend explained, “you each lose 500 Life Points (3000-500=2500/2300-500=1800). “Then I activate the Spell card ‘Monster Reborn’, returning my defeated ‘Vilepawn’ to the field. And I’ll go further to summon the ‘Pandemonium Watchbear’.” The ‘Vilepawn’ reappeared alongside a large red bear wearing a chain collar (ATK: 1200/ ATK: 1300).

“I equip ‘Vilepawn’,” said Fiend, “with one of your least favorite cards, the ‘Black Pendant’. And I sacrifice ‘Vilepawn’ to activate my Ace Card, ‘Checkmate’!”

‘Vilepawn’, the ‘Black Pedant’ hanging around his neck, became a cloud of black smoke that was drawn into the ‘Terrorking’’s body. He was surrounded by a dark aura. From his aura lanced a bolt of energy that hit us both (1800-500=1300/2500-500=2000).

“Now to wrap this up,” Fiend said, his expression contorting into one of sick pleasure. “I attack the girl with my ‘Pandemonium Watchbear’!”

“Karen! No!”

The red bear ran toward her and slashed with his claws, bringing one of the strongest people I’d ever known to her knees.

(1300-1300=0).

Archfiend Ruler looked me right in the eyes, “Check.”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

CheckmateDCR-EN-C.jpg

[spoiler=New Cards Added]

--Archfiend Ruler:

-Monsters:

Pandemonium Watchbear

-Spells:

Tribute to the Doomed

Heavy Storm

Black Pendant x2

Monster Reborn

Checkmate

--John:

-Spells:

Double Spell

--Keeper:

-Monsters:

Pyramid Turtle

Sangan

Next Chapter Checkmate; Closing In

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the next chapter. this is the beginning of the end of the book. John has to defeat the Duelist that beat three of his strongest friends, and then has to defeat Yami, probably one of the most powerful Duelists who ever lived.

also, this is the chapter where we find out about Yami's origin. i think you guys might be able to figure out who he is now. remember, if you guess Yami's identity at any time before it is officially revealed and pm me the correct guess i will give you two reps! but don't post your guess. if you guess right, it'll spoil it for anyone who hasn't guessed yet. once five of you have guessed correctly i'll pm them to let them know, and i'll give out the reps. then, once Yami's name has been given, i'll post the names of everyone who guessed correctly. have fun!

[spoiler=Chapter Nineteen]

Checkmate; Closing In

I was angry, more at myself than anyone. I’d failed to keep Karen from losing her soul, but I would make up for it. This guy would not beat me.

“You left yourself open,” I said. I knew that I had the advantage. “Not only is your strongest monster far inferior to my ‘Despair from the Dark’, you now have to sacrifice a portion of your life to the Archfiends every turn. You’ve lost, and you don’t even know it!”

Fiend only smiled. “Sorry,” he said almost gleefully, “but it’s still my turn, in my Attack Phase, and I have one more move to make. When I said Check, I meant it.

“I never told you what effect was given to my ‘Terrorking’ by the Spell card ‘Checkmate’. In the turn that ‘Checkmate’ was played, my ‘Terrorking Archfiend’ can attack directly.”

“What? No way!”

“Now,” said Fiend, “I bypass your monster, and end this duel.” ‘Terrorking’ rose up and circled around my monster, a dark aura burning around him, raising his blade over his head. “I take your king with this final strike.” The sword came down, “Checkmate!!”

My Life Points fell (2000-2000=0), and I fell to the ground. I struggled to hold onto my fleeting spirit. The last thing I saw before I fell into the darkness was Archfiend Ruler walking calmly, unimpeded, toward his goal.

John

I was out of breath, but Keeper seemed unaffected by the duel. “So,” I asked him, “did I pass your test or what?”

“Yes,” said Keeper, “you passed. You are free to go at any time.”

“No way,” I said. “You won’t get rid of me so easily. I have a few questions, and I think you might know the answers to a few of them.”

“The answers I can give you are limited. I am here to guide you, not to hand you the answers. Ask, and I will answer as best I can.”

“Okay, who is Yami, and where did he come from?”

“Of course you’d ask who Yami is. First of all, Yami is not the dark side of the Forgotten Duelist. He is not Blackheart.” I nodded, and Keeper continued, “Although I can not refer to Yami by his true name, I can tell you a bit about his origin. Yami as you know him was once a young man, or at least a part of one. After being forced into servitude to an ancient cause, this young man developed a split mind. His dark side manifested in one half of his persona and tried to take on the role of the ancient and powerful Nameless Pharaoh, the master of the Egyptian God Monsters. When the Pharaoh defeated him, it was thought that he was lost to the Shadow Realm forever. But a portion of the evil persona’s soul managed to remain in this realm, keeping him anchored to his homeland. Over time he developed new abilities and ultimately found ways to appear in this realm, but only within the darkness, or in his homeland itself.

“The dark persona wants to return to this realm permanently, but with his own body this time, allowing him to carry over all of his newly acquired powers. He uses the magic of the Shadow Items and the Duel Energy of Duelists that he destroys to sustain him, but with the Millennium Items, the most powerful magical artifacts to ever exist gone, the only way to initiate the ritual needed to facilitate his return is to use the power of the twelve Duelist’s Souls. That’s why, to the dismay of his more adamant followers, Yami has turned his attention from the Shadow Items and has begun focusing almost entirely on you and the other members of the Duel Force.”

“But you can’t give me a name?”

“No,” Keeper replied.

“Can you at least tell me where I can find him? I get the feeling I’m going to have to face Yami sooner or later, and I’d rather it be sooner.”

“I’m sorry,” said Keeper, “but when the time comes for your final meeting with Yami, you will know because you will be able to find him on your own.”

“Thanks,” I said, though I really wished he’d given me more to work with. Keeper nodded and was gone. I turned, stepping into the shadows of a pillar, and disappeared as well.

I felt myself melt into the shadows. I was the shadows. I could separate myself from the shadows anywhere with just a thought as soon as I found my destination with my mind. This time though, I wasn’t looking for a place. I was looking for a person. I was literally looking for myself.

I have to hurry, I thought. I know that the questions I asked Keeper were important, but asking them took time. If the Order manages to defeat my team they’ll come for me. Then they’ll go seek out Amanda and take her Soul as well. If that happens Yami will return to this world for good with all of his abilities! I can’t let that happen. I have to wake up so that I can meet the Order head on!

I closed my eyes, letting the tides of the Shadows wash over me, taking in every sensation that they offered. Everywhere that touched the Shadows was part of my domain. I reached out with all of my senses until I found my destination; my soul-less body. With haste and purpose I pushed through the barrier separating the Shadow Realm from my mind, reaching the Shadows within my own mind, the Shadows that are in all of our minds to one degree or another.

As I made my way back into my empty mind, I felt something in the Shadows with me. It was strong. Strong enough that it made my Soul nervous. It was different than anything I’d ever felt. Different than Yami. I looked around within the Shadows, searching for the presence, but found nothing. There’s no time, I thought, forcing myself to focus. I have to go.

That’s when I heard a mental scream. I couldn’t be sure, but it sounded like Karen. Then suddenly I felt Karen here with me in the Shadows, being pulled to a place far away and still beyond my range of sight.

Moments later I felt Max scream as well. He was drawn into the Shadows, and was pulled in the same direction. I couldn’t hesitate. I had to act. I focused, and I found myself back where I belonged. Back within my own mind.

Next Chapter John Awakens

chapter 20!!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Twenty]

John Awakens

I opened my eyes to the view of the bright white ceiling of my hospital room. I looked around hastily, my eyes adjusting to the light, and found myself to be alone in the room.

I sat up too quickly and had to fight a dizzy spell. I pulled the probes and sensors from my chest and head, noticing that I didn’t have a shirt. Oh well, I shrugged and I got out of the bed and prepared to leave.

I flared up my Soul and reached out to the feint shadows in the corner of the room, deepening and stretching him into a sort of dark doorway. I step through, emerging outside, directly in the path of a young man about my age who was advancing on the hospital. As I emerged, I allowed a portion of the Shadows cling to me, becoming a new black t-shirt. Behind the young man I saw the unconscious bodies of every member of my team, save Amanda, as well as four others that I did not recognize.

The first thing I did was check to see if my friends were dead, reaching out with my Soul. They were alive, but their spirits and their Souls were gone, somewhere where I couldn’t yet reach.

There were only four of them? These guys must have been incredibly strong. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. My team, the Duel Force, had been defeated by a group of only five.

“What did you do, Duelist of the Order,” I demanded.

“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” He answered, stopping a short distance away. “I and my Dark Duel Force beat your skill-deprived friends in an attempt to reach you before awoke. Seems that we failed. But something good did come of it I guess, seeing how I was able to sample the flavors of your friends’ strategies before they died.” This young man was strong and confident. He could be serious trouble. “You know,” he said, “my Master Yami told me to back off if I was too late. If you’d already awoken by the time I got here. But my last two duels were quite disappointing. I really want to face someone worthy of my power.”

“So you can make decisions against Yami’s will?” I was intrigued by this. He was obviously evil, like Karen, Monty, and Lawrence appeared to be when they were under Yami’s control, but if he could make decisions outside of Yami’s will, “You mean you became a player killer of your own accord? This is who you really are?”

“Yes,” the young man answered. “My team is the same way. We all joined Yami’s movement to help quell our bloodthirsty natures.”

“You’re sick,” I said, both horrified and enraged, “and I think it’s about time you were stopped!”

“Like you could defeat me!” He exclaimed disbelievingly. He pointed strait at me and said, “I’m Archfiend Ruler, and I’m going to destroy you, take your Soul, and your very spirit!”

I had no Duel Disk; just my deck, which I had found at my bedside. Okay, I thought, I’ll just use the Shadows to find me a Duel Disk.

I reached into the Shadows with my mind, and Shadows poured onto my arm. Under the Shadows I felt a sudden weight. The Shadows parted and melted away, and I found that I was wearing a Duel Disk, though it was unlike any I’d ever seen. It was black, and the field was long and curved, coming to a point, with a curved edge, like a sword blade. Sweet, I thought, inserting my deck into the deck port of this new Dark Duel Disk, and the duel began (Life Points: 8000 (each)).

“Let’s kick things off,” I declared, “with one of my most powerful four star monsters, the ‘Gemini Elf’.” Two female elves appeared in different colored dresses, standing back to back (ATK: 1900). “Next,” I said, “since I can’t attack yet, I place one card face down and end my turn. Archfiend Ruler, show me your strength!”

“I draw,” said Fiend, “and in my Standby Phase I activate the Spell card ‘Curse of Fiend’, changing your ‘Gemini Elf’ to defense mode (DEF: 900). Next I play the Spell card ‘Trap Booster’, discarding one card to activate a Trap from my hand, like ‘Ultimate Offering’. I summon into play my ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’ (ATK: 1200), and then I pay 500 Life Points (8000-500=7500) to summon ‘Archfiend Soldier’.” A new archfiend appeared alongside the ‘Vilepawn’. It was purple in color with powerful looking claws wearing a cape (ATK: 1900).

“My ‘Vilepawn’ attacks your ‘Gemini Elf’, and ‘Archfiend Soldier’ attacks directly.” His monsters raised sword and claw.

“Oh no they don’t,” I said, “because I have a Trap!” Suddenly, mid charge, the two monsters summed to hit an invisible wall, the air rippling ahead of them. “My trap card ‘Negate Attack’ has the power to negate every attack during the Battle Phase in which it is activated.”

“Then I’ll lay a face-down card of my own,” Fiend said, “and end my turn.”

“Good,” I said. I drew, “I change ‘Gemini Elf’ to attack mode and I summon my ‘Giant Orc’ to join the ‘Elf’ on the fiend.” The giant goblin appeared (ATK: 2200). “My ‘Gemini Elf’ attacks the ‘Vilepawn’, Dual Spellcasting, and my ‘Giant Orc’ attacks the ‘Soldier’ with Club Slam!” The two elves aimed their palms at ‘Vilepawn’, and he was hit by a powerful light and was blown away (7500+1200-1900=6800). ‘Giant Orc’ charged strait at the ‘Soldier’, his club raised.”

“Reveal,” said Fiend, “the Trap card ‘Archfiend’s Roar’, paying 500 Life Points to revive my ‘Vilepawn’, activating his effect to jump in front of your attack.” The ‘Vilepawn’ returned, holding its shield up high, and jumped in front of the ‘Orc’’s attack. ‘Vilepawn’ was destroyed, and ‘Giant Orc’ fell over onto his back, into defense mode (DEF: 0).

“I end with two face-down cards,” I said, projecting confidence.

Fiend was just as confident, “Draw! Time to start thinning out the pawns. I summon my ‘Darkbishop Archfiend’ in attack mode (ATK: 300).

Another Archfiend monster appeared, this one carrying a staff. “My ‘Darkbishop’,” Fiend declared, “attacks your ‘Giant Orc’.” ‘Darkbishop’ raised his staff and fired a bolt of magical energy, blasting the ‘Orc’ to dust. “Next my ‘Archfiend Soldier’ sacrifices himself to destroy the ‘Gemini Elf’.” The ‘Soldier’ rushed my ‘Elf’, but I wasn’t just going to let it happen.

“Reveal,” I declared, “the Trap card ‘Raigeki Break’. I discard a card from my hand to destroy your ‘Archfiend Soldier’.”

“Guess you don’t know,” said Fiend, laughing, “about my monster’s ability, Fiend Roulette.”

“I know about the Fiend Roulette,” I said dismissively, “and a bluff is only effective if it’s believable. The ‘Archfiend Soldier’ is a Normal Monster. It has no Fiend Roulette.”

“Not true,” said Fiend, a broad smile spread across his face. “While I control the ‘Darkbishop Archfiend’ I can activate his Fiend Roulette for every other Archfiend that I control.” A bolt of lightning lanced from my Trap card, hitting the ‘Soldier’. Everything stopped, and six numbered orbs appeared, fire dancing from one orb to the next. So this is the Fiend Roulette, I thought. I’ve read about it, but this is the first time I’ve actually seen it. I can only hope it’s not as powerful as people say. The flames stopped suddenly on the number six. The ‘Soldier’ threw its arms open wide, slinging the lightning away, and he continued his charge.

“Alright then,” I said, activating my second face-down card, “let’s see how well your Roulette fairs twice in one turn. Activate ‘Enemy Controller’. This spell card’s effect changes and becomes more costly depending on which combination of commands I enter. I think the first effect should be sufficient.”

A giant game controller appeared ahead of me. I reached up and pressed the controls in sequence: Up + Down + Up + Right + C. The cord from the controller reached toward the Archfiend, connecting to his chest. Everything stopped again, and the Roulette reappeared, landing on a two. “Your Roulette failed,” I said, “which means my controller succeeds, overriding your command to attack and telling your monster to defend instead.” The ‘Archfiend Soldier’ halted his attack and struck up a defensive pose (DEF: 1400). The cord disconnected, the controller disappeared, and I smiled. “I’ve found the weakness of your Archfiends,” I said. “As powerful as they are, they rely too heavily on the Fiend Roulette. All I had to do was figure out how to overcome your Roulette. Now I have.

“The real weakness of your Roulette is that when you come right down to it, it relies on chance. The more often that you use it, the less reliable it becomes.”

I pointed strait at Archfiend Ruler, smiling, brimming with confidence. “Archfiend Ruler, your time has come!”

DarkbishopArchfiendDCR-EN-R.jpg

[spoiler=New Cards Played]

--John

-Monsters:

Gemini Elf

-Spells:

Enemy Controller

-Traps:

Raigeki Break

--Archfiend Ruler

-Monsters:

Darkbishop Archfiend

Next Chapter One Weakness; Overcome Fiend Roulette

chapter twenty-one!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Twenty-One]

One Weakness; Overcome Fiend Roulette

“I end my turn,” said Fiend, “with two Spell cards. My first card will be ‘Heart of Clear Water’ to make my ‘Darkbishop’ impervious to Battle Damage,” a bubble appeared around ‘Darkbishop’, “and the Field Spell ‘Pandemonium’. Now we continue this little skirmish on my terms.” Curved spires rose from the ground, circling us, boxing us in. The air was filled with a pale green mist.

“This,” said Fiend, gesturing proudly, “is the home realm of my Archfiends. As long as this card is active neither player has to pay Life to the Archfiend monsters that they control, and each time you manage to destroy one of Archfiends with a card effect I can search my deck for a lower level Archfiend to replace it. Essentially the greatest weaknesses of my Archfiends are erased for as long as we remain here!”

“That’s fine,” I said. “That’ll make things more fair, and more interesting. I like a fair fight, and I’ve been interested in Archfiend monsters for awhile now. I draw,” I declared, “and I sacrifice my ‘Gemini Elf’ to summon an Archfiend of my own, the Great Skull Demon, ‘Summoned Skull’!” The elves disappeared. A bolt of lighting burst up out of the ground. With the lightning rose a violet colored skeletal demon, lightning gathering in his massive claws (ATK: 2500).

“‘Summoned Skull’,” I commanded, “destroy the ‘Archfiend Soldier’, Demon Lightning!”

Lightning poured from the demon’s claws into the sky above, gathering into a cloud forming overhead. Then the lightning lanced down from the cloud, pouring over the ‘Archfiend Soldier’. The ‘Soldier’ was vaporized, but my opponent was unharmed.

“I’m done for now,” I said. “I end my turn.”

“Draw,” said Fiend. He laughed, “You know, I really had hoped that, after all that Yami said about you that you’d be more of a challenge, but so far you’ve been a complete disappointment. I summon, ‘Terrorking Archfiend’, and I pay 500 Life Points (6300-500=5800) to summon my ‘Infernalqueen Archfiend’.“ The red ‘Infernalqueen’ and the much larger ‘Terrorking’ appeared side by side. “’Infernalqueen’’s effect activates, increasing the Attack of my ‘Terrorking’ by 1000 (ATK: 2000+1000=3000/ATK: 900).

“’Terrorking’ attacks the ‘Summoned Skull’,” ‘Terrorking’ rushed my monster and cleaved him in half at the waist (8000+2500-3000=7500), “and I attack directly with my remaining monsters.” ‘Darkbishop Archfiend’ raised his staff, and I felt my Life Points burning away (7500-300=7200). I fell to my knees. The ‘Infernalqueen’ ran past me and slashed with her dagger (7200-900=6300). I felt a stinging in my right shoulder. I felt my shoulder and found that I was cut pretty bed. There was blood running down my arm. I held the wound until the bleeding stopped and I stood up, looking my opponent in the eyes.

He had more monsters than me, but he was low on cards in his hand. Even taking that into account though, I was still in a bad spot. While he had ‘Darkbishop’ out Fiend could use the Fiend Roulette twice for every one of his other Archfiends instead of just once, and while ‘Darkbishop’ was equipped with the ‘Heart of Clear Water’, he couldn’t even be targeted for the effects of Spell cards.

Target, I thought. Wait! That reminds me of something. The article I read about the Archfiend series last year. What did it say? Something about how the power of the Fiend Roulette was considered too great, so it was limited just before the final versions were approved for printing. The version that was approved only allowed the Fiend Roulette to counter effects that targeted an Archfiend monster specifically. That means that cards that affect multiple monsters at once, or cards that do not call for the player to declare a target will activate without even setting the Roulette off. That’s why the Roulette didn’t trigger against my ‘Negate Attack’ card! I have a few cards in my deck that affect multiple monsters. Looks like I’ll have to rely on those cards more than the rest in this duel.

I looked through my hand. The only monster I had was the ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, and I had no cards in my hand with effects that didn’t designate a target. But the card I just drew to begin my turn could be a serious help.

“I activate ‘Graceful Charity’,” I declared, “drawing three cards and discarding two from my hand.”

I drew, and I got a few powerful cards, one in particular. Then I sent my ‘Darkness Approaches’ and ‘Red-Eyes’ to the Graveyard. “Next I activate ‘Pot of Greed’, letting me draw two more cards.” I drew again, Bingo!

“I set one monster,” I said, “and end my turn.”

“I guess I’ve got you running scared,” Fiend said. “Perfect. Check!

“I activate ‘Card of Demise’. I can draw until I hold five cards, as long as I agree to give up my entire hand in five turns. I chain ‘Emergency Provisions’ before my ‘Card of Demise’ can resolve, sending ‘Card of Demise’ to the Graveyard to gain 100 Life Points (5800+1000=6800).

“I continue,” Fiend said, “with the ‘Shadowknight Archfiend’.” Another Archfiend appeared (ATK: 2000). “Then I pay 500 Life Points to summon a second copy of ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’.” A new ‘Vilepawn’ appeared, his sword raised (ATK: 1200). Finally I activate the effect of my ‘Infernalqueen’ again, raising the attack of ‘Terrorking’ even further.” ‘Terrorking’’s aura burned bright (ATK: 3000+1000=4000). With all five of my monsters attacking at once I have enough power to cause you 6400 damage, more than enough to kill you right now. And even if your face-down monster has an effect to destroy one of my monsters, I have the Fiend Roulette to protect me.

“I attack in this order: ‘Shadowknight’, ‘Darkbishop’, ‘Vilepawn’, ‘Infernalqueen’, ‘Terrorking’. That’s Checkmate!”

“Not exactly,” I said, smiling wide, “because my monster is one you didn’t count on.”

My monster card flipped up, revealing my monster. It was a pot covered in mechanical parts and wires. Where the opening of the pot should have been there was a lens that looked like a robotic eye above a mechanical mouth. The mouth slid open and the eye lit up.

“My monster is the powerful ‘Cyber Jar’,” I said. “When flipped up, ‘Cyber Jar’ destroys every monster on the field. Then we both pick up five cards, show them to each other, and then either Special Summon or Set every level four or lower monster among those cards, adding the rest to our hands.” A beam from the monster’s eye swept across the field, destroying all of Fiend’s monsters, and then my ‘Cyber Jar’ self destructed. Fiend and I both picked up five cards and placed them on our five monster card zones. Holograms of the cards appeared above our heads. My cards were ‘Skull Lair’, ‘Makyura the Destructor’, ‘Polymerization’, ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’, and ‘Sangan’. Fiend’s cards were ‘Dice Re-Roll’, ‘Archfiend’s Oath’, ‘Archfiend Soldier’, ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’, and ‘Desrook Archfiend’. Fiend summoned ‘Archfiend Soldier’ and ‘Vilepawn’ in attack mode (ATK: 1900/ATK: 1200), and the castle tower shaped demon, ‘Desrook Archfiend’ in defense mode (DEF: 1800). I summoned both of my monsters in defense mode.

“Thanks to your monster’s effect,” said Fiend, “I can search my deck for five Archfiends, but I’ll only need four.” He fanned out his deck and picked four cards, adding them to his hand.

“Now,” Fiend continued, “I attack ‘Makyura the Destructor’ with ‘Archfiend Soldier’.” ‘Makyura’, an armored warrior wearing a mask bearing a millennium eye and wielding metal claws (DEF: 1200), was slashed apart by the Archfiend’s claws. “And I attack ‘Sangan’ with ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’.” The second monster cut the three-eyed fur ball ‘Sangan’ in half with his blade.

“Because ‘Sangan’ was sent to the Graveyard,” I said, “I can move a monster with low attack from my deck to my hand.” I fanned out my deck and picked my card.

“My turn ends,” said Fiend, “and I can activate the effect of a monster in my hand. I discard my second ‘Desrook Archfiend’ to revive the ‘Terrorking Archfiend’ destroyed during this turn.” ‘Terrorking’ returned, spread hid ragged wings, and roared (ATK: 2000).

“I chain,” I declared, “a Trap from my hand, using ‘Makyura’’s effect. Activate, ‘Call of the Haunted’, Special Summoning ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ to the field.” My dragon appeared, spread his wings and roared back, putting the ‘Terrorking’ in perspective (ATK: 2400).

“I draw,” I said, “and I activate ‘Monster Reborn’, calling ‘Summoned Skull’ back to the field as well. And ‘Polymerization’, fusing ‘Red-Eyes’ and ‘Summoned Skull’ into the mighty ‘Black Skull Dragon’!”

The skeletal demon appeared alongside my dragon, and the two merged together, becoming a strong and bulky skeletal dragon with dark gray skin, massive claws, and bright red eyes. Flames burned behind his lips. He looked up, opened his mouth, and roared, spewing flames up into the air (ATK: 3200).

“Next I activate the Spell card ‘Lightning Vortex’, discarding ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ to activate it.” Lightning rained down on Fiend’s monsters, spreading from the ‘Terrorking’ to the others, vaporizing them before his very eyes.

“Finally, I summon my final monster. The one I added to my hand by ‘Sangan’’s effect. The last monster you’ll ever see. I sacrifice ‘Black Skull Dragon’ to summon the face of my Soul. Appear before me, ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

My dragon seemed to melt away, becoming thick black smoke. The smoke reformed, becoming a massive brown skeletal demon with red crystal orbs in both shoulders and in his forehead. He opened his yellow eyes and spat a ferocious growl (ATK: 6400).

“’Maju Garzett’, pick up the ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’.” A black sword appeared it his right hand. He raised it over his head and it was surrounded by an evil aura (6400+400-6800). I smirked and looked Fiend in the eyes. He had a look of pure terror on his face as he stared up into my monster’s piercing eyes. “’Great Maju Garzett’, Vile Energy!”

My monster thrust his palm, releasing a beam that overtook Fiend’s body completely. His Life Points fell to zero and I gave him a thumbs down, “Checkmate.”

Archfiend Ruler’s once wild eyes went blank. I felt his soul enter the Shadows. And that’s when I got an idea. Yami, I’m coming for you!

I stepped into the Shadows and located Fiend’s soul. I could follow it, leading me strait to Yami. But who or what would I find waiting for me when I found him?

CyberJarHL2-EN-UPR-UE.png

--Archfiend Ruler:

-Monsters:

Archfiend Ruler x2

Vilepawn Archfiend x3

Desrook Archfiend x2

-Spell:

Archfiend's Oath

-Traps:

Dice Re-Roll

--John:

-Monsters:

Makyura the Destructor

Cyber Jar

-Spells:

Lighting Vortex

Sword of Dark Destruction

Next Chapter Duel Force on the Attack; John vs. Yami!

This is it my friends. The chapter in which Yami's identity is finally revealed. We only had three people actually guess; jjackV2, senron, and frohawkmaster. Congratulations!

here it is, the long awaited Chapter Twenty-Two!

[spoiler=Chapter Twenty-Two]

Duel Force on the Attack; John vs. Yami!

I followed Fiend’s spirit through the constantly shifting Shadows, letting myself ride the tail end of his spirit’s wake. I reached out into the world around me periodically to try and get a feel for where I was going. It was pretty obvious that I has heading toward Egypt. I mean, where else? It’s always Egypt.

After awhile I felt the spirit of Archfiend Ruler disappear. Immediately I stopped and stepped from the Shadows, finding myself in a dimly lit room made of sand stone, lined with hieroglyphs. In the center of the room sat a tall throne made of the same stone, upon which sat a figure, shrouded in darkness. In his left hand he held a glowing sphere that flashed with more than a dozen individual lights. I watched through my Soul as the spirit of Archfiend Ruler entered the sphere. A new light appeared within it. The figure stood, and I saw something in his right hand as well; a black rod topped by a sphere, marked by a silver millennium eye. He set the orb down atop a pedestal next to the throne and said, addressing himself, his voice deep and raspy, “Did it arrive, the power that I seek?” He paused, then said, “No, it’s just that fool who calls himself Archfiend Ruler. I told him not to engage the Duelist of Darkness. I told him to return to me if the Duelist awoke. Now the Duelist walks free, and I have no way to reach him!” He slammed his fist into the arm of his throne. That’s when I decided to make my presence known.

“Don’t worry Yami,” I said, “I’m right here. This has to end, one way or another. We’re going to finish this now, once and for all.”

As I spoke, Yami turned to face me, his face still hidden. Two goons ran out of the shadows in the corners of the room. They were huge, at least twice my size. Really? You’ve got to be kidding.

The closer of the two guards punched at my head. I ducked and punched the man in the gut. He fell to his knees, and I spun kicking him in the head. He fell, unconscious or worse. I turned toward the second guard and flared up my Soul. The shadows along the wall lashed out at him, slapping him in the head, knocking him out.

“You know,” I told Yami, “you really should find better help. You’re player killers are all dead, and your bodyguards are pansies.”

“Are you stupid?” Yami demanded. “You fool! You came right to me! Are you out of your mind?!” He laughed, an insane, murderous sound.

“No,” I answered, moving to stand directly in front of Yami’s throne, “I just refuse to leave the souls of my friends in the hands of a madman like you.”

Yami laughed again, “Do you even know who you’re dealing with? Do you know who I am? Who I used to be? I was once one of the most power Duelists to ever walk the face of this planet!!” He stepped forward, stepping down from his throne, and finally I could see his face.

He was dark skinned, an Egyptian, with long, spiky white-blonde hair. His eyes were glazy and dark, like the eyes of a man possessed. He had veins on his face, coming up from his neck. He wore a black leather tank top lined with gold and long baggy pants. Over his shoulders he wore a long flowing golden cape. On his forehead he wore a golden headband bearing a silver millennium eye.

I recognized him. He was a participant in the Battle City Tournament three years ago. He was the man who wielded the Egyptian God Card ‘The Winged Dragon of Ra’ against the King of Games, Yugi Moto, and nearly won!

“You’re Marik Ishtar!” I said. To say that I was surprised would be an understatement.

“In the flesh,” he relied, “more or less. Three years ago I tried to take control of this world. Now, using the power of your Souls I will facilitate my return to this world and finish what I started! But first, boy, I need your Soul. Hand it over, or I’ll take it!”

“You won’t get my Soul,” I said, “and you won’t get my team’s Souls either. I challenge you to a Shadow Game! If I win you release every spirit captured in that orb and return them to their proper places, and if you win, you get my Soul.”

Marik laughed again, “You have a deal, boy.” His face contorted into a ferocious snarl. A Duel Disk grew from his wrist. It was similar to a standard KC Duel Disk, except that it was a light yellow lined with gold trim, and that the shape was a bit off. There was a deck sitting on the arm of his throne. He placed his Shadow Rod against the side of his throne, picked up his deck, and placed it in the Deck Loader.

I flared up my Soul and raised my Dark Disk. Hiro, you there?

Yes, He answered.

I don’t think I can do this alone. Our power. I think this is the right time to use it.

I couldn’t agree more!

The light of my Soul grew brighter and my mind and Hiro’s mind merged together. Everything was clearer, and I could focus on any one detail of anything in the room as if it were the only thing in the world, or I could take in every detail of the entire room all at once with almost no effort.

“Bring it on Marik,” I said, drawing my opening hand, “I’m ready for anything.”

“Oh,” Marik replied, “I can guarantee that you are in no way ready for what I have in my deck. I draw, and I begin my turn with the Spell card ‘Magnet Circle LV2’ allowing me to Special Summon a level two Machine monster. I choose my ‘Bokoichi the Freightening Car’!” A freight car appeared, a sinister face on the front (DEF: 500). “Next,” he continued, “I increase my monster’s numbers with the Spell card ‘Machine Duplication’.” The freight car monster glowed, and two more identical monsters split off of it (DEF: 500 (each)).

“Finally,” he said, “I place one card face-down and set a monster! End turn!” He laughed. I had no idea what he had planned for those weaker monsters, but if I’d learned anything from the ‘Guardian Sphinx’ deck that Yami used in our last duel, its that a face-down monster can be more trouble than it’s worth.

Okay, here goes, “I draw, and I activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two more cards,” I pulled two cards from the top of my deck, “and play ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’ to destroy your face-down card.” Winds erupted from the hologram of my Spell card and tore at his Trap. He threw up his arm, shielding his face from the wind. “Activate!” he called out, “the Trap card ‘Waboku’!” Three priests in black robes appeared, raising a barrier around Marik’s monsters. “My monsters are impervious to Battle Damage this turn,” he explained, darkness seeping into his voice. “Essentially, you wasted your Spell! Heh heh!”

“Maybe,” I said, “but I didn’t waste my turn. I summon, my Duelist’s Spirit, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’!”

A vortex of static energy appeared at my side, and from the vortex rose the yellow armored warrior, energy building in his hands (ATK: 2200). “Next,” I declared, “for my turn’s Normal Summon I call the mighty ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’, place two cards face-down, and end my turn.” Alongside my ‘Megacyber’ the motorcycle riding demon warrior appeared, twirling his pike (ATK: 1400).

Alright, I thought to myself, not even denying how afraid I was, I hope my plan works against whatever he plans to play. He had to have summoned three weak monsters for a reason

“My turn,” said Marik, “and I begin with the Permanent Spell card ‘Infinite Cards’, making the hand size limit for both of us nonexistent. Next I activate the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’, allowing both players to draw until they hold six cards (I drew four cards, and he drew five). “

Marik scanned his new hand and then looked right into my eyes and said, “Time to initiate my plan. I Flip Summon my face-down monster, ‘Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive’,” A dark purple steam engine appeared with a face on the front. Its eyes glowed red and it bared its teeth, showing a pair of razor sharp fangs (ATK: 1400). “When my ‘Dekoichi’ is flipped face-up I draw one card, plus one more card for every ‘Bokoichi the Freightening Car’ that I control.” He drew again, bringing his hand count up to ten.

“Finally,” said Marik, “I set one card and activate the Spell card ‘Book of Moon’, returning my ‘Locomotive’ to face-down defense position. And that,” he declared arrogantly, “ends my turn.”

What’s he doing? I wondered. I knew at least a little bit about almost every deck type ever made, and I’d never seen or even heard of a strategy like this. Normally I would have been excited, but I was facing an incredibly powerful Duelist for my very Soul! I had to figure out what his strategy was before it was too late. Maybe he’s just trying to draw into something, I realized. But what could that something be? “I draw,” I said, “and I place a monster face-down in defense mode. Next I attack the face-down ‘Dekoichi’ with my ‘Fiend Megacyber’, Megacyber Impact!”

“Reveal Trap card,” said Marik. “I discard ‘Drillago’ from my hand,” a barrier appeared around Marik’s monsters, “to activate ‘Hallowed Life Barrier’!” ‘Megacyber’ punched, and the train was revealed, but the barrier protected it, and Marik was able to use its effect to draw four more cards. I glared at Marik, frustrated, and declared, “I end my turn.”

“Reveal,” Marik declared, “the Permanent Trap, ‘Enervating Mist’.” A thick smoky mist formed all around me, and I coughed. “While ‘Enervating Mist’ remains in play under my power your hand limit is reduced to five! And since you have six cards in your hand at the end of your turn, you have to discard a card from your hand!” He laughed wildly, at his own genius.

“Now I begin,” said Marik. “I draw (Hand: 12), and I change ‘Dekoichi’ to attack mode (ATK: 1400). I place another card face-down, and I activate ‘Card of Safe Return’! Next I summon the plasma monster, ‘Revival Jam’.” A distorted creature made of liquid appeared, vaguely humanoid, with a mangled face (ATK: 1500).

“My ‘Revival Jam’ attacks and destroys your ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’!” The plasma monster stretched out its arms, crushing my demon biker, motorcycle and all (8000+1400-1500=0). I felt a burning pain in my left shoulder and looked down. My shoulder was melting away, becoming black smoke! I jumped, “What’s going on?!”

Marik laughed hysterically. “You think you know Shadow Games?” he said. “You know nothing about a true Shadow Game! You have only fought low level Shadow Games that had the potential to take your life. But the true power of a Shadow Game is to allow the winner to destroy his rival, body and soul! In this Shadow Game, every time you lose Life Points, you lose a part of yourself!”

“All the more reason for me to beat you,” I said. “Draw! And I activate ‘Monster Reborn’, calling back my ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’ in attack mode. And I remove ‘Monster Reborn’ and ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’ in my Graveyard from play to increase the power of my ‘Chaosrider’ by 600 (1400+600=2000). ‘Chaosrider’ kills the ‘Revival Jam’, and ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ destroys the ‘Battlechanted Locomotive’, Megacyber Impact!”

‘Gustaph’ revved his engine and rode past the plasma monster, slashing with his pike, reducing the monster to splatter. ‘Fiend Megacyber’ punched through the train’s boiler and jumped back. Steam poured from the puncture, and the train exploded, just as the splattered remains of ‘Revival Jam’ began to reform (8000+1500-2000+1400-2200=6700). I watched as a good deal of Marik’s right arm, left shoulder, and abdomen melted away into smoke. “How’s that?!” I said, proud of my accomplishment, but Marik only laughed. “Such damage is nothing to me,” said Marik. “I’ll prove it by giving up 1000 of my own Life Points to activate my ‘Revival Jam’’s effect (6700-1000=5700).” More of his torso melted away, and the plasma monster finished reforming. “When ‘Revival Jam’ returns, it activates the effect of ‘Card of Safe Return’, and I draw another card (Hand: 11).

“Now,” said Marik, his voice and expression growing much more serious, “it’s finally time. I’m going to summon the monster that will end this duel and your life!”

DekoichitheBattlechantedLocomotiveYSDS-EN-C.jpg

--"Yami"

-Monsters:

Bokoichi the Freightening Car x3

Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive

Drillago

Revival Jam

-Spells:

Magnet Circle LV2

Machine Duplication

Infinite Cards

Card of Safe Return

Card of Sanctity (Anime Version)

Book of Moon

-Traps:

Waboku

Hallowed Life Barrier

Enervating Mist

Next Chapter Fight for Their Spirits; The Power of God!

chapter twenty-three is here!!! this is the second to last chapter in book three. "Yami's" ultimate monster is revealed!

[spoiler=Chapter Twenty-Three]

Fight for Their Spirits; The Power of God!

“I’m about to summon a monster unlike anything you’ve ever seen,” said Marik, “but first, I have to sacrifice three monsters!”

My heart skipped a beat, No way! He can’t! My eyes went wide with fear, and I had trouble breathing.

Ever since the end of the Battle City Tournament three years ago, the God Cards have only been seen a few times. Then they disappeared from Yugi Moto’s deck. Most of the sources I checked said that Yugi allowed Pegasus to lock the God Cards away, while others, mostly ones funded by Pegasus himself, stated that the God Cards had been destroyed. Either way, was it possible that Marik had managed to get his hands on one?

“Ah,” Marik said, “I can tell from your expression that you’ve figured out what I have planned. That’s right, I’m sacrificing three monsters to summon a God! As a special treat, I’ll tell you exactly how before you die

“Three years ago when I was sent to the Shadow Realm by the Unnamed Pharaoh, I immediately began trying to find my way back. In only a few months time, through sheer force of will, I was able to see events that were taking place in this realm. I seemed to have a lasting special connection with my homeland of Egypt, and I soon began using my new ability to search the ancient magical texts of my people for a way to return.

“My search took six months,” Marik went on, his voice full of pride, “but I had found a way. I discovered a magical rite originally designed to revive the Pharaoh after his “demise” 3000 years ago, when the Pharaoh’s spirit was sealed into his Millennium Puzzle, but was abandoned because it could only reproduce the body of a departed person, not their spirit. But if I were to use the rite to recreate my body, I could enter it, and I would be whole again! The only problem was, the rite required the power of the Seven Millennium Items, the most powerful magical artifacts ever created. But the Millennium Items had been destroyed, so I continued my search, this time for a new way to fuel this ancient unnamed magical rite, my only hope to regain what I had lost. It wasn’t long before I discovered the legend of the Twelve Duelist’s Souls.

“At this time I was able to manipulate the Shadows around me to a moderate degree with my will. It was two tears ago that I perfected two abilities that would by key to my plans; the power to use the Shadows to create for myself a temporary body, and the power to reach into the minds of other Duelists who had pain or darkness in their hearts and reshape them into my followers. I reshaped the minds of many young Duelists, gaining the benefit of their numbers and their skills. My minions grew in numbers, and the most powerful of them, the original three that made up what became the Dark Duel Force, managed to steal for me the Egyptian God Cards, replacing them with exact replicas. It was about then that my forces located the Burial of the Soul. Because my most powerful three were busy retrieving the Gods, I selected three of my most promising followers, students of Yugi Moto, Seto Kaiba, and Maxamillion Pegasus respectively, and sent them to intercept your pathetic team and retrieve the Souls. But they failed! You and your team mates had powerful magic of your own on your side, and you were persistent.

“But I was persistent as well! Not my persistence is about to pay off!” He threw up his arms and laughed at the ceiling. “You are about to die by the hand of the God sleeping in my deck, ensuring that I’ll find the freedom that I so crave!”

“No way Marik,” I said. “Show me God, and I’ll destroy it.”

I’m terrified, I thought, uncertain. I can talk big, but I do I have the cards to defeat a God?

“Hah ha hah!” Marik laughed savagely. “If a pathetic excuse for a Duelist like you can kill God, I’ll give him to you!”

I smiled, “Did you just challenge me, Marik? Because I never, ever, fail at a challenge. Summon your God. I’ll defeat him and free him from your control. You’ll be left with even more nothing than you already have!”

“My next monster’s a pretty big one,” said Marik. “Maybe we should take this battle outside.”

“No problem,” I replied. My Soul flared, and both of us and all of our cards were engulfed in Shadows. The Shadows parted, and we found ourselves on the roof of the structure. A violent storm was brewing overhead.

“By the sacrifice of three ‘Freightening Cars’,” Marik declared, “I summon the God of Earth and Sky.” A red bolt of lightning struck the ground far behind him and took on the solid form of a long serpentine creature. “Descend, ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’!”

The creature swung he head, as large as a two story house, around to face me. He had two mouths, one atop the other, and black spikes running down his back. There were two thin legs a third and two thirds of the way down its body. He had bright yellow eyes, and broad, spanning wings.

154661sa7.jpg

“My God’s power is equal to one thousand times the number of cards in my hand. Since I have ten cards in my hand, my dragon has, how much Attack power?”

My eyes grew wide “T-Ten thousand points!”

Hiro, I pleaded, help me, how can I beat a God?

I don’t know for sure, Hiro replied. This isn’t something that I can help you through. Let me duel him through you. While I’m dueling, you can look for weaknesses and hopefully come up with a way for us to win this duel!

Alright, I agreed, and I let Hiro take control of my body as I receded into the back of my own mind by the light of my Soul.

Hiro

So far John had done well. He had set up a few cards that would at least buy us some time, but not a lot of time. As of now I couldn’t think of any card in John’s deck that could defeat a God. All I could do for now was stall until John came up with a move that we could use.

“Now,” said Marik, “I kill you with the power of my god. ‘Osiris’, destroy the ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’, and take his life!” ‘Osiris’ opened his lower mouth and breathed a beam of brilliant light.

“Reveal,” I countered, “the Trap card ‘Flashing Light Barrier’,

154661hz4.jpg protecting my monster and reducing battle damage from your attack by half!” A flashing mass of light appeared in the path of ‘Osiris’’ attack, dispersing most of it, but not all of it. I screamed, my body melting away as my Life Points fell (LP: 3600).

“I have to say,” Marik said, “I’m surprised. But don’t get cocky, child. You only saved yourself from one of ‘Osiris’’ attacks. And remember, the God’s power increases with every card I draw!”

“Don’t worry,“ I replied, shaken and drained, “I won’t ever forget this. I draw,” I announced, and I looked down at my newest card. ‘Gren Maju Da Eiza’? That won’t help. But at least it’s another defensive monster.

I was about to place ‘Gren Maju’ on the field in defense mode when John interrupted me.

Wait, he said, don’t play that yet! I have an idea, but we’re gonna need that card and a lot of luck if we’re gonna pull it off.

Will this idea work?

It doesn’t matter, John answered. It’s all that I have.

Alright, I ensured him, I’ll just have to use something else for now. Only problem is, if I ever knew ‘Osiris’’ powers from my time as the Forgotten Duelist, I can’t remember them. That monster could have any number of powerful abilities, and I have no idea what they might be. I’ll have to tread lightly.

Just remember this, John said. For my plan to work you have to put as many monsters in our Graveyard and remove as many cards from play as possible.

I nodded, Got it.

“For my turn,” I said, “I play the Spell card ‘Swords of Revealing Light’, sealing all of your monsters so that you cannot declare any attacks.” Swords of light rained down, surrounding Marik’s monsters.

“Nice try,” said Marik, oozing arrogance, “but my ‘Osiris’ in unaffected by Spell and Trap card effects.”

“I assumed so,” I said dismissively. “Oh well, at least your other monsters can’t attack, leaving you with only one attack per turn for the next three turns. I change my monster to Defense mode (‘Gustaph’: 1200/’Megacyber’: 1600), and I remove ‘Pot of Greed’ from play using ‘Gustaph’’s effect. And I summon my ‘Whiptail Crow’ in defense mode as well.”

The orange, whip tailed demon bird appeared, and Marik began laughing uncontrollably. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

“You triggered my ‘Osiris’’ ability. ‘Osiris’, attack the ‘Whiptail Crow’ with Summon Lightning Shot!”

‘Osiris’ opened his upper mouth and energy built within it. He fired the energy. It overtook my monster, blowing it away. “You see,” Marik declared, prideful, “whenever you summon a monster in attack mode, ‘Osiris’ attacks that monster and lowers its Attack by two thousand to a minimum of zero. But when you summon a monster in defense mode, ‘Osiris’ attacks it and it loses two thousand Defense, and if its Defense reaches zero or below, it’s destroyed!”

“Thanks for telling me that ahead of time,” I said sarcastically.

“Sorry,” Marik replied, mock innocently, and laughed.

I ignored him. “Anyway,” I said bitterly, “I place another card face-down and I end my turn.”

“Then,” Marik said as he drew his card, “let the slaughter begin! Because I have eleven cards in my hand, the Attack of my monster rises to eleven thousand!”

I watched as ‘Osiris’’ power increased, point by point, and I couldn’t help but feel that with each point the God gained my chances of victory fell.

154661sa7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect] You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this monster is equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When your opponent Summons a monster in Attack Position, reduce its ATK by 2000 to a minimum of 0. When your opponent Summons a monster in Defense Position, reduce its DEF by 2000. If its DEF is reduced to 0 by this effect, that monster is destroyed.

--Marik:

-Monsters:

[spoiler=Sky Dragon of Osiris*]

154661sa7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect] You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this monster is equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When your opponent Summons a monster in Attack Position, reduce its ATK by 2000 to a minimum of 0. When your opponent Summons a monster in Defense Position, reduce its DEF by 2000. If its DEF is reduced to 0 by this effect, that monster is destroyed.

--John:

-Monsters

Whiptail Crow

-Spells:

Swords of Revealing Light

-Traps:

[spoiler=Flashing Light Barrier]

154661hz4.jpg

*It is implied by Marik's story that he has the other two Gods in his deck as well.

Next Chapter Soul of Chaos; A Power to Surpass God

here it is, the conclusion to book three!

[spoiler=Chapter Twenty-Four]

Soul of Chaos; A Power to Surpass God

“’Osiris’ attacks,” Marik declared, “and he destroys your ‘Fiend Megacyber’, Thunder Force!” Light fell from ‘Osiris’’ lower mouth, vaporizing my monster.

“With that,” said Marik, “I end my turn. You only have two turns left. Then my other monsters will be able to attack again, and I’ll overwhelm you and take your life!” He started laughing, and I started to sweat.

“My move,” I said, drawing, “and this time I won’t make the same mistake again. I activate the Spell card ‘Painful Choice’, allowing me to search my deck for five cards and show them to you. You pick one and I add it to my hand. Then I add that card to my hand and discard the rest.” I fanned my deck and picked my cards, “I choose ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, ‘Giant Orc’, ‘Jinzo’, ‘Strike Ninja’, and ‘Magician of Faith’.”

“Add,” said Marik, “the ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ to your hand.”

I smiled, “I expected as much, which is why I was ready with my next card, ‘Monster Reincarnation’, discarding ‘Red-Eyes’ to move ‘Strike Ninja’ from my Graveyard to my hand.” I discarded the dragon, and my ‘Strike Ninja’ slid from the Graveyard. I picked it up and added it to my hand. “Now I summon ‘Strike Ninja’ to the field in defense mode.” The black-clad ninja appeared, kunai in hand (DEF: 1600).

“Did you forget already,” Marik asked, “about my God’s Summon Lightning Shot? When you summon a monster, ‘Osiris’ attacks it!” ‘Osiris’ opened his second mouth and fired, but I was prepared. “Of course not, Marik. My monster has an ability too. By removing two Dark monsters in my Graveyard from play, I can remove my ‘Strike Ninja’ from play until the end of the turn.” Just before ‘Osiris’’ attack hit, ‘Strike Ninja’ jumped up and flickered away in an instant. The blast hit the stone at my feet, nearly blinding me with its brightness, and then faded away. “And that’s that.”

“Heh,” said Marik, smirking, “your ‘Ninja’ may be safe for now, but it won’t be long before I destroy him the old fashioned way. I draw, and your ‘Ninja’ returns. ‘Osiris’, attack with Thunder Force!” ‘Osiris’’ attack fired, blowing my monster apart, leaving me with only one card, and one more turn before my ‘Swords’ expired and he could attack with many monsters en masse.

“I draw,” I declared, and I looked down at my card. That’s when something hit me. I smiled, so that’s what you’re planning!

Yeah, John answered. Now what do you say we finish this duel together!

My Soul flared again, and John’s mind and my mind merged into one.

John

I reached up, wiped the sweat from my brow, and asked, “Are you ready, Marik? Because I’m about to win this duel!” I looked up at the dragon, “And don’t worry ‘Osiris’, I’m going to free you from this evil man.”

I looked back at Marik and said, “Now I think its time to get things underway. I begin by activating the face-down ‘Darkness Approaches’, discarding two cards to conceal ‘Osiris’ in a magical darkness.” The Shadows gathered, but ‘Osiris’’ divine powers quickly dispelled them and they thinned and faded away.

“Next I activate ‘Dark Core’,” I declared, “discarding a card from my hand to remove ‘Revival Jam’ from the game.” A static filled black hole appeared, slurping the plasma monster into its depths and disappearing. Almost there.

“Next up, I remove two Spell cards from play for the effect of ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’,” my ‘Rider’ gained a green aura, “and I discard one card to activate ‘Raigeki Break’, destroying ‘Osiris’.” A bolt of lightning struck the God dragon, bouncing off harmlessly.

“I set a card face-down,” I said, “and end my turn. Give me your best shot!”

“Gladly,” said Marik, smiling wickedly. “I draw, raising the power of my God even further (ATK: 13,000). I don’t know what you were trying to do in your last turn, but it doesn’t matter now. ‘Osiris’ attacks your ‘Chaosrider’, leaving you defenseless!”

‘Osiris’ launched his attack, blowing the ‘Chaosrider’ away, and allowing me to complete my combination, and just in time too. I only had two cards in my hand. Marik’s turn ended, and my ‘Swords’ faded away.

“My move,” I said, and I prepared to draw my next card. Alright, I thought, I still need one card to make this work. If I don’t draw it this turn, I’ll die.

Everyone’s counting on me here. If I fail the spirits of my friends will be trapped for eternity and the world will be trapped in darkness. This match isn’t just about me, it’s about everyone! And the only way I can win is to find true balance like Keeper said, unlocking my True Soul.

I focused hard, closing my eyes, and I saw two separate planes within my spirit. One was pure white, and the other was pure black, the blackness overpowering the white. This must be the light and the darkness in my heart, I realized, the light and darkness that has to balance out before I can find my Soul. But even if I knew what that meant, I wouldn’t know how to do it.

Suddenly I found myself floating in a void, watching the light fighting a losing battle against the darkness for control of my spirit.

Then I heard Sarah’s voice. Don’t give up John!

Yeah, came Tucker’s voice, you can’t give up now bro! You’re so close!

Around me, in a circle appeared the spirits of Sarah, Tucker, Karen, and Max.

I can’t believe you’re thinking about giving up, said Max. I’m disgusted to call you a rival.

And I can’t believe, said Karen, that I trusted you to lead me and my team.

I get it, you guys are disappointed, I replied, but I don’t know what to do! I wasn’t ready for this, I’m in over my head!

You are ready, said Karen. She took my hand and looked into my eyes. I’m here supporting you. We all are.

I looked around, and the spirits of the other Duel Force members faded into existence all around me. Rocky and Kimi, then Jen, and Monty and Lawrence. I could feel their support rolling off of them, giving me strength. I saw it. The key. True balance didn’t just mean a balance between the two sides of my spirit, it meant balance between me and my friends! I’d thought that I was here fighting Marik alone, but I’d forgotten that, no matter what, and no matter where they were, my friends would always be there for me.

You’ve got it now, said Karen. She kissed me lightly and then stepped back. Now finish this, okay?

I nodded, and my friends were gone. All around me, the darkness and light swirled and mixed together, resulting in a brilliant flash of light. I suddenly found myself in the midst of the duel once again. I felt different. Something was different with my Soul. I looked down. It had changed. It was one half clear yellow crystal, and one half dark violet crystal. On the dark half was a silvery sun, and on the light half was a dark violet moon. The symbol of the balance of darkness and light. The symbol of chaos. I looked right into Marik’s eyes, my Soul glowing, and I smiled as I drew my card.

“Its about time I finished this,” I said, “once and for all. To win, I need every card I have left. I begin with the face-down Trap, ‘Skull Lair’. By removing ten monsters in my Graveyard from play, I can destroy a level ten monster!” Energy built and launched at ‘Osiris’. In the energy wave I could see the spirits of my monsters, lead by ‘The Fiend Megacyber’. The energy hit, and after a few seconds, was dispersed without so much as leaving a scratch.

“Good try,” said Marik, “but ‘Osiris’ still stands.”

“True, but I said all of my cards, not just one. Activate the Spell card ‘Soul Release’, removing five more cards in my Graveyard from the game, increasing the number of cards that I have removed from play to twenty-two. Next I play the Spell card ‘Premature Burial’, giving 800 of my Life Points to call a monster back from the dead (3600-800=2800).” Another portion of my body melted away, “Rise, ‘Gren Maju Da Eiza’!”

My monster appeared, a red creature with the torso of a demon, and the body of a centipede. “My monster’s Attack power,” I explained, “equals four hundred times the number of my cards removed from play!” The demon grew larger (ATK: 8800).

“As powerful as your monster is,” Marik said, his face contorting menacingly, “it’s not nearly as strong as mine. And, of course, your monster is in no way immune to ‘Osiris’’ Summon Lightning Shot!” ‘Osiris’ launched his second mouth attack, blasting away two thousand of my monster’s Attack (8800-2000=6800).

“But remember,” I said, “I still have one more card left to play, and it’s by far the strongest one I have. I sacrifice ‘Gren Maju Da Eiza’ to summon the face of my Soul, the Demon King ‘Great Maju Garzett’! A monster who’s Attack power is twice the starting Attack of the sacrifice used to summon him. Twice eighty-eight hundred!”

My greatest card, the closest thing to a God card that I had, rose from the ground beneath me, shattering the half of the structure on which I stood. I jumped back as the demon rose, landing on his shoulder, as he looked directly into God’s eyes. ‘Osiris’ launched his Summon Lightning Shot, but ‘Maju’ simply raised his arm, brushing off the attack (17,600-2000=15,600).

“’Great Maju Garzett’,” I commanded, “destroy ‘Osiris’, Vile Energy!” My monster summoned his beam, firing it at the God, ripping him to shreds. He faded away, breaking down into a thick black smoke (5700+13,000-15,600=3100).

“Th-That’s not possible,” Marik exclaimed, eyes wide, horrified, his body frozen in fear, “no normal monster can defeat ‘Osiris’. It doesn’t make sense! No way one kid can beat a God!”

“I didn’t beat ‘Osiris’ alone,” I said, feeling that the spirits of my friends were standing there with me. “I beat you with the help of the Duel Force!”

Marik was angry, “I can still win. I just need to take the God back! And I just need one card to do it! But until I get it, I summon ‘Mystic Tomato’ in defense mode.” A giant living tomato appeared, guarding its master.

“Sorry Marik,” I said, “but it’s over. I’m stronger than you now. Even if you were to draw you ‘Monster Reborn’ and call back ‘Osiris’, what will it get you? My monster is still stronger. And if you really do possess the other two Gods as well, there’s no way you can summon them in time, because I’m ending this duel this turn. When I defeated ‘Osiris’ I freed his from you forever. His allegiances are to me now.

“I draw, and I activate ‘Card of Sanctity’ to draw six cards. Next I play the Spell card ‘Magical Designator’,

154661fd0.jpg paying half of my Life Points,” more of my body faded away (2800/2=1400), “to take one Spell card from your deck. I choose ‘Monster Reborn’! I activate it now to call a monster from your Graveyard. Be reborn, ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’!”

A glowing red ankh appeared in the air behind me and to my left, a red bolt of lightning striking through it. From the lightning emerged the massive form of the God, ‘Osiris’, restored to life at my side (ATK: 5000).

“’Great Maju’, destroy his monster.” My demon brandished his palm, and the tomato was blown away instantly. “Go ahead Marik, summon a new monster.” But Marik only stared wide eyed at the God that had appeared before him, speechless. “Okay,” I said, “suite yourself.”

“Now I’ll help ‘Osiris’ get his revenge against you. ‘Osiris’, finish this, Thunder Force!”

The dragon breathed his light down on Marik, and he melted away. I took a deep breath, and separated my mind from Hiro’s.

I called the Shadows to take me back inside what remained of the ruined structure and searched around for the glowing orb. When I finally found it, it was dark, the spirits inside having been released. Next to I found the God card that I had won, ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’. I picked it up, feeling the power that lay dormant inside. I looked around. Were the other two cards really here somewhere? If I left now and they were, they might never be found. But as dangerous as they were, maybe that was for the best.

I summoned the Shadows to take me home, letting my Soul, returned to normal now, find its way back for me. I arrived outside of the hospital. The rest of the Duel Force was nearby, talking quietly.

Karen was the first to see me. “John!!” she cried, and ran to me. “We thought you didn’t make!” She jumped up and threw her arms around me.

I looked around. There was no sign of the Dark Duel Force. I guess defeating Marik had freed their souls as well. That meant that the Dark Duel Force was still out there somewhere. That they still posed a threat.

But that wasn’t something for us to worry about. If the Dark Duel Force attacked, they attacked. We would have to deal with it as it happened. I knew that whatever we faced, we would be okay, because we would face it together.

154661fd0.jpg

--Marik:

-Monsters:

Mystic Tomato

-Spells:

Monster Reborn

--John:

-Spells:

Magical Designator

after about 4 days of reading .. I finally could finish to read everything in the fan-fic (for now)...

this was the first time I got curious to see the fan fic section and this is the first fan fic I've seen ^-^ ... I have to say, its really interesting, a master piece, I'm a fan of these series of the duel force now..(far better than GX for sure) I just didn't like that Karen lost so easily, she's my favorite character. and to see her loose against that arrogant archfiend guy I hate..

>_<" !!!

really nice duels I have to say :) , unlike the actual show... you make decks with interesting moves with the existing cards and demonstrate that they work and are still fun, rather than just make a bunch of new cards and promote them ;) (high five =D )

I have to say, I had understood that relinquished passed the battle damage entirely to the opponent, and then I kinda got confused with that trap that makes you win extra Life because in the fan fic, relinquished damaged both players instead on only the opponent ...

I WANT TO SEE MORE!!!

when will you have the next?

will john use slifer in future duels?

is the only member that didn't duel against the dark duel force not as important as the others?

what will happen in next chapter?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

before anything else... you need another +REP from me for this... !

I know this is late but rafael was easy to guess but the other one was imposible for me.marik.. was that marik's actual body? (possessed again?) or was that just the evil side this time?

it seems that nowadays the god cards are not the most powerful gods anymore U_U... so it would be nice to have them legal :D

in the duel between Tucker and guardian ruler... it was a nice ending but at the end I would hare rather used gift of the martyr to give the power of tyrant dragon to legendary flame lord since its the only monster that remained on the field ;) so that way he wouldn't have to tribute tyrant dragon in vain..

I had more things to say but I can't remember them right now ^-^"

10/10 :D:D:D:D

thanks! i've respected your opinion for awhile and it means a lot that you liked the fic. to answer a few questions:

-if you look closely at the real relinquished card, it deals battle damage to your opponent based on how much battle damage you take, meaning that you do take the damage as well as your opponent.

-the next one will actually be special number one which actually doesn't have much to do with the duel force. it was a way for me to finish up a short story idea i started work on a year or so ago and to demonstrate the awesomeness of some of the cards made by a good friend of mine, but it will be interesting.

-it was just the evil marik since the good marik is supposed to be living his life in egypt these days.

-as for john beating the god card, each member of the duel force has one card that has a special connection to their Soul. these cards are some of the few cards that they can summon outside of a duel and are often important to their more powerful combos.

-karen is one of my most favorite characters to. she's based on a girl i new a few years back who was a good friend of mine and who i had a bit of a crush on. karen wasn't her name though. i have big plans for karen.

-as for tucker's finish against raphael, i wanted it to seem as if his inner fire lets him fight too, not just his monsters.

-yes, john will use osiris, but not before the duelist's dark side finally surfaces and uses it against the duel force first. you will find it interesting how he manages it.

-no, amanda is not less important. she was gone during the most recent book because it makes her duel against the dark duel force the next time they show up much more interesting.

-the next chapter, the first chapter in special one, will be up tomorrow at the latest.

thanks for the tip of relinquished ^-^ that means 2 things

1) that I'll try it in my decks because I got some nice ideas with it now :D

2) some guy I know has been cheating against me (LOL)

now I'll be waiting for the special chapters then :)

sorry for writing all the stuff there like that ^-^" I didn't want to write the comment until I finished reading .......(I didn't want to be out of date in the combersation) ... this is the kind of story that I can imagine as a TV show... :D It already has about 60 chapters or so... ^-^

Archived