WWE Legacy™ Presented in HD! [New Raw - Rocky Road] Posted!

Synchronized

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Monday Night Raw - December 8, 2008]Note: The color commentators’ statements will be color coded now. Michael Cole’s statements will be red, and Jerry “The King” Lawler’s statements will be blue. This color code will be used for Monday Night Raw only. ECW and Smackdown will have their own color codes that will be explained later. Commercials/advertisements will be bolded from now on so that you can identify them more easily.

Raw Opening

The fireworks start and the fans cheer as the show begins. Raw is live tonight in San Diego, California.

”Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Monday Night Raw! We are live in San Diego, California, and we’ve got quite a show for you tonight!”

”I think quite a show is an understatement! Tonight’s show is gonna be bigger than any Raw in history!”

”That could be true King! Allow me to explain why just in case anyone doesn’t know. Two nights ago, on Saturday, December 4, 2008, Jack Byron defeated John Cena at a live event and became the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Vince McMahon announced that Jack Byron would get his title shot right here tonight on Raw against Batista in a Falls Count Anywhere Lumberjack Match.

”You’re right Cole! Tonight will be a historic night because the it will feature the first ever Falls Count Anywhere Lumberjack Match! I can’t wait for that match!”

CM Punk theme

Punk’s music played throughout the arena as the Straightedge Superstar made his way to the ring, high-fiving some fans and holding up his World Tag Team Championship Belt.

”What a great match this is gonna be! CM Punk battles San Diego’s hometown hero Rey Mysterio for the first time ever! What a historic way to start a historic Raw!”

“What’s up San Diego?!!!!”

“CM Punk” chants fill the arena and Punk smiles and taunts for the fans. He laughs and begins to speak again.

“I love this city! You guys are one of the best crowds I’ve ever seen! But enough rambling on. I came out here for two reasons. The first reason is that I have a match against San Diego’s own Rey Mysterio!”

“619” chants fill the arena now as the fans cheer for their hometown hero.

“Before we start the match, though, Kofi Kingston and I have an announcement to make. Unfortunately, Kofi Kingston was not able to be here tonight, but he asked me to make the announcement tonight. Kofi and I want to prove that we deserve to be the World Tag Team Champions. We’ve only had one Tag Team Match since winning the World Tag Team Championships, and we don’t think that we’ve proved ourselves to the WWE Universe. Kofi and I figured out a way to prove ourselves to you guys! Here’s what we’re gonna do. Next week, we’re going to issue an open challenge for the World Tag Team Championships! Any two superstars that want to come out and challenge us for our World Tag Team Championships will get that opportunity next week!”

Match 1: CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Match: Rey starts with what looked like it was supposed to be a running clothesline, but he ended up sliding through Punk's legs when the Straightedge Superstar attempted to counter. Punk turned around and got a dropkick to cthe chest from Mysterio, who went for the cover, but wasn't able to win because Punk kicked out at one. Both superstars got to their feet and Punk kicked Mysterio in the chest. Punk goes for a Side Headlock, but Mysterio blocks it and hits Punk with another dropkick. Rey goes for another cover, but Punk kicks out at two.

"Mysterio's trying to end this early, but I don't think he's gonna be able to."

"I agree. CM Punk focuses more on wrestling effectively than he does trying to win quickly."

Punk gets to his feet and hits Mysterio with some kicks to the back. Punk puts Mysterio in a Hammerlock and brings him to the ground.

"If Punk wants to win, he's gotta keep Mysterio grounded. It looks like he's doing a good job so far."

The fans cheer for Mysterio, trying to give him the support he needs to escape the Hammerlock, but Punk continues to apply the hold, weaking Mysterio's arm and keeping him grounded. Rey manages to get to his feet and escape the move, but Punk quickly gains control and puts Mysterio in a Side Headlock. Rey sits down and hits Punk with a stunner-like move. "Mysterio" chants fill the arena as Mysterio gets to his feet. Mysterio goes for the cover on Punk, but the Straightedge Superstar kicks out at two once again. Punk gets to his feet and goes to hit Mysterio with a clothesline, but Mysterio counters and trips Punk onto the ropes. Rey bounces off the ropes and hits Punk with the 619. Punk gets to his feet and Mysterio goes for the West Coast Pop, but Punk Dropkicks Mysterio before the move connects. Punk follows that up with a GTS and the victory.

Winner: CM Punk

Commercial break

Batista theme

The World Heavyweight Champion does taunts for the fans while his fireworks explode and his music plays throughout the arena. He high-fives some fans while he walks to the ring, and gets a microphone from Lillian Garcia before he enters the ring. He stands in the ring with a serious look on his face.

“Tonight I’m going to battle one of the toughest superstars in this business today in the first ever Falls Count Anywhere Lumberjack Match. I didn’t expect to have to defend my title tonight; I was told earlier in the week that I would be facing Chris Jericho one last time. That’s not going to happen tonight, though. Tonight will be one of the most difficult nights in my career. I have a message for Jack Byron, though. I will, and I mean WILL, emerge victorious.”

Shawn Michaels theme

Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring and gets a microphone.

“Now Dave, we’ve had our battles, and we’ve resolved our problems, and we know each other pretty d*mn well. I know you’ve got a big match ahead of you tonight, but after the match, someone is going to emerge the World Heavyweight Champion. Whoever that person is will have to fight The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels!”

“HBK” chants fill the arena as Batista and Shawn Michaels stare at each other.

”Shawn Michaels and Batista are having a stare-down. Talk about two combustible elements in the same ring.

HBK hasn’t been the World Heavyweight Champion since 2002. Imagine Shawn Michaels taking on Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship? That would be an awesome match!”

Shane McMahon theme

“Let’s not start anything right now. If the two of you want to battle each other, you can do it at New Year’s Revolution. Well, that’s if you win your respective matches tonight. You see, Shawn Michaels, you’re going to go one on one with JBL right here tonight! If you win, you will earn a spot in the Elimination Chamber Match at New Year’s Revolution! Batista, you will be taking on Jack Byron, and if you win, you will be defending the World Heavyweight Championship in the Elimination Chamber. If you lose, however, Jack Byron will be defending the World Heavyweight Championship in the Elimination Chamber!”

The fans cheer and Shane McMahon walks to the back.

Commercial break

For a while he hasn't been around, but now, he's coming back, and he's going to battle his way to the top. Mr. Monday Night returns to the WWE at the Royal Rumble!

”Can you believe that King? Rob Van Dam, Mr. Monday Night, makes his WWE return at the Royal Rumble!”

”It’s gonna be great to see Rob Van Dam again! I haven’t seen him in over a year!

Second Match: Evan Bourne vs. The Miz

Match: The Miz starts with a kick to the chest and a DDT to take Evan Bourne down. The Miz goes for a pin, but Bourne kicks out at one. Bourne gets to his feet and dropkicks The Miz out of the ring. The referee begins to count, and The Miz gets back in the ring after the referee counts to four. The Miz goes to his Evan Bourne with a clothesline, but Bourne ducks and hits The Miz with a sit-down neckbreaker. Bourne goes for a pin, and The Miz kicks out at two. Bourne hits The Miz with a knee drop and goes for another pin, but once again The Miz kicks out at two. The Miz gets up and hits Bourne with another DDT. The Miz goes for the pin, but Bourne kicks out just before the referee counts to three. Bourne sits up, only to be kneed in the face by The Miz, who goes for another pinfall, but only gets a two count. Bourne gets up and hits The Miz with a Backslide Pin, winning the match.

Winner: Evan Bourne

Commercial break

A video of Charlie Haas’ match with Dustin Delta from last week on Raw was shown.

Charlie Haas theme

“Last week on Raw, I defeated Dustin Delta. JBL, in less than two weeks, you and I are going to fight each other in a Street Fight! I’m going to prove that I am a Main Eventer, and I’m going to do that by defeating you again! You just wait JBL; I’m going to show you what it takes to be a Main Eventer!”

Charlie Haas leaves the ring and takes a seat at the announce table.

”King, I think Charlie Haas is going to join us for commentary during the next match.”

”It seems that way. How are you doing, Charlie?”

“I’m doing alright, King, but I’ll be doing much better once I defeat JBL at New Year’s Revolution!”

”You seem pretty confident, Charlie. Best of luck.

John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) theme

“Charlie Haas, last week you got involved in my match. You had no business doing that. It was my match, and not only did you cost me the match, you hit me with a Steel Chair. I will, and I mean will, teach you a lesson at New Year’s Revolution. I’ll prove that you’re nothing more than a piece-of-crap wrestler that has no place in Main Event Matches!”

“I am a Main Eventer, and JBL’s gonna see that in less than two weeks.”

”We’re all gonna see if you’re a Main Eventer in less than two weeks. I can’t wait to see you and JBL fight in a Street Fight.

“I wish we didn’t have to wait, but we do. At least I’ll get to watch Shawn Michaels defeat JBL tonight.”

Shawn Michaels theme

The Heartbreak Kid makes his way to the ring, getting incredibly loud cheers from the fans.

“JBL, JBL, JBL. You come out here and say a bunch of stuff that is probably meant to intimidate people, but doesn’t. Quite honestly, there’s no doubt in my mind that Charlie Haas will defeat you at New Year’s Revolution. Just like I’m going to defeat you tonight.”

Third Match: John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) vs. Shawn Michaels

Match: Shawn Michaels dropkicks JBL, who gets back to his feet and Clotheslines HBK. JBL begins punching Michaels in the head, but stops after the referee counts to four. Michaels starts to get up, but JBL does an Elbow Drop onto his back, preventing him from getting up. JBL hits HBK with another Elbow Drop and goes for the pin, but Michaels kicks out at two. JBL picks Michaels up and hits him with a Scoop Slam. Then, JBL does two more Elbow Drops to HBK and tries pinning him again. Michaels manages to kick out at two. JBL, looking a little frustrated, picks Michaels up and Irish Whips him into the corner. JBL runs toward Michaels and hits him with a Clothesline, causing him to fall down and sit in the corner. JBL kicks him in the chest twice. The referee moves JBL away from Shawn Michaels. HBK gets to his feet and hits JBL with a Clothesline. Both superstars go to the mat, but Michaels springs up and tunes up the band in preparation for some Sweet Chin Music. As Michaels goes to hit the Sweet Chin Music, JBL ducks and bounces off the ropes, hitting Michaels with the Clothesline from H*ll. JBL gets the pinfall.

Winner: JBL

“You just wait Charlie. I just defeated Shawn Michaels, and in less than two weeks, I’ll defeat you too!”

Charlie Haas stands up and walks to the front of the announce table. He and JBL stare at each other for a minute.

Commercial break

A video of Chandler Emerald interrupting Stephanie McMahon and facing Mike Knox on Raw last week was shown.

”Welcome back to Raw. Let’s show you the confrontation between Stephanie McMahon and Chandler Emerald that took place earlier tonight.”

Stephanie McMahon theme

Stephanie walks out onto the ramp, getting boos from the fans.

"She looks angry. For those of you who didn't see Raw last week, you should know that Chandler Emerald interrupted Stephanie McMahon last week and basically told her that he didn't agree with her statements about Raw and its champions."

"Let's not forget that Stephanie put Chandler Emerald in a match against Mike Knox because of this. Thanks to Shawn Michaels, Chandler Emerald was able to win the match. You can be sure that Stephanie is even more angry then she was last week."

"All of you need to shut up and listen to me."

The crowd continues to boo Stephanie, much to her disgust.

"The amount of disrespect you people have for me is dissapointing. I am Stephanie McMahon! I have.."

"Yeah yeah whatever. It's the same story every time. "I'm tired of being disrespected", "I'm tired of being unappreciated". I have some news for you; no one cares! If you want to go whine about your problems, fine, but don't waste everyone's time by standing out here and doing it."

Chandler Emerald walks to the ring from the crowd.

"Didn't you learn your lesson last week? I don't like being interrupted, especially by you! You know what? I'm going to make you pay for interrupting me! You're going to defend your Intercontinental Championship against Kane!"

"This is not fair! Chandler Emerald, the youngest WWE Intercontinental Champion in history, has to defend his Championship against Kane!"

"It's definitely not fair. I'll give you that, Cole."

Stephanie McMahon walks angrily to the back, and Chandler Emerald stays in the ring because he has a match coming up next.

"Still to come tonight, Jack Byron takes on Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Falls Count Anywhere Lumberjack Match!"

"Yep! Coming up next, Chandler Emerald defends his Intercontinental Championship against Kane!

Commercial break

A video of Chandler Emerald making his way to the ring through the crowd and interrupting Stephanie McMahon was shown.

Match Three: Chandler Emerald vs. Kane [intercontinental Championship Match]

Match: Kane hits Emerald with a right hand to the face and the Intercontinental Champion falls to the ground. Emerald tries to get to his feet, but Kane hits him in the back, sending him crashing to the mat. Kane goes for the pin, but Emerald kicks out at one. Kane throws Emerald into the corner and hits him with his shoulder. Kane goes to the corner diagonal to the corner Emerald is in and runs toward him to Clothesline him. Emerald ducks and Kane runs into the corner. Emerald gets a roll-up on Kane and puts his feet on the ropes to win the match.

Winner: Chandler Emerald

Commercial break

You’ve seen many things, but none of them have been as Extreme as tomorrow’s ECW will be. Check out ECW as a new championship will be revealed and Matt Hardy defends the ECW Championship against John Morrison. Tomorrow night at 9:00 PM EST time.

”Welcome back to Raw, and King, I’m still in shock about the fact that Chandler Emerald just defeated Kane!”

”What’s even more impressive is the amount of time it took him to win! I can’t believe this! Imagine how angry Stephanie McMahon is! Chandler Emerald has prevailed in both the challenges Stephanie McMahon has thrown at him!

”Ladies and gentlemen, coming up next, Jack Byron takes on Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Falls Count Anywhere Lumberjack Match.

Commercial break

He has something to prove, but someone is standing in his way. Can Charlie Haas defeat JBL and prove that he is a Main Eventer? Find out at New Year’s Revolution! Sunday, December 21, 2008, only on Pay-Per-View.

Batista theme

The Animal makes his way to the ring with a look of confidence on his face. He knows that he’s about to face one of the biggest challenges in his career, but his opponent, Jack Byron, probably knows that winning won’t be an easy task.

Vince McMahon theme

“I’m sorry to inform you that the Falls Count Anywhere Lumberjack Match that was scheduled to take place tonight has been cancelled.”

Boos can be heard throughout the arena.

“Hold on; I’m not finished. That match has been cancelled, but a bigger match will take place. You see, right here tonight, the World Heavyweight Championship will be defended in a Twenty-Two Man Battle Royal!”

Batista looks at Vince with a look of surprise.

“Jack Byron will be in the match as well as Batista. The winner of the Twenty-Two Man Battle Royal will go on to defend the World Heavyweight Championship in the Elimination Chamber Match at New Year’s Revolution!”

Main Event:

Batista

Jack Byron

Shawn Michaels

John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL)

Charlie Haas

CM Punk

Rey Mysterio

John Cena

Randy Orton

Chris Darkness

Manu

Cody Rhodes

Ted DiBiase

Chris Jericho

The Undertaker

The Miz

Matt Hardy

John Morrison

Shad

JTG

Santino Marella

[22-Man Battle Royal] [World Heavyweight Championship Match]

Match: The Undertaker eliminates Ted DiBiase. John Cena eliminates Cody Rhodes, Manu, and The Miz. John Morrison eliminates Matt Hardy. Charlie Haas eliminates JBL and JTG. Santino Marella eliminates Randy Orton. Batista eliminates CM Punk, The Undertaker, John Cena, Charlie Haas, Shad, and Shawn Michaels. Rey Mysterio, the San Diego’s hometown hero, manages to eliminate John Morrison thanks to some assistance from Santino Marella. Marella, much to the disappointment of the crowd, eliminates Rey Mysterio while he was distracted by John Morrison. Santino didn’t last much longer, though. Jack Byron hit Santino with a Flapjack Slam and threw him out of the ring. The fans watched in excitement as the final four competitors in the Battle Royal stood in different corners of the ring. Batista, Byron, Jericho, and Chris Darkness were the final four competitors, but Jericho was soon eliminated by Chris Darkness, who hit Y2J with a Big Boot before throwing him over the top rope. Batista hit Byron with a spear, and attempted to hit Chris Darkness with a Spear, but Chris Darkness moved out of the way. Chris Darkness tried to eliminate Batista, but the World Heavyweight Champion managed to prevent himself from being eliminated by holding onto the ropes.

”It’s down to the final three! Will there be a new World Heavyweight Champion before this night is over?”

Suddenly, much to the surprise of the fans, Jack Byron speared Batista and sent him out of the ring. However, Batista didn’t go over the top rope, so he wasn’t eliminated. Chris Darkness hit Byron with a Big Boot and tried to throw him over the top rope, but Byron counted and eliminated Chris Darkness. Batista got back in the ring and Speared Byron. The fans weren’t sure who they wanted to win. That was noticeable by the fact that there were “Batista” chants and “Byron” chants throughout the arena.

Batista and Byron continued to battle in the ring until one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Devon Immortal, made his way to the ring and hit both of them with a Steel Chair. Devon Immortal eliminated Batista and Jack Byron, becoming the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Winner and the new World Heavyweight Champion: Devon Immortal

Vince McMahon theme

The fans cheer as Mr. McMahon makes his way to the ring. Devon Immortal extends his hand, but Vince refuses to shake his hand.

“So, you’re Devon Immortal. You’re a Smackdown superstar, but you decided to interfere in a Raw Match. I’ll be honest, I think your victory was quite impressive. You waited until the match was almost over before you came down to the ring and eliminated Batista and Jack Byron to become the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE History. You may have won the match, but I’ve got some bad news for you. Next week, right here on Raw, you’re going to defend that World Heavyweight Championship against Batista! Before Raw ends, I have an announcement to make. As you know, Raw doesn’t have a General Manager. Well, I’ve decided to change that. A General Manager should be able to stand up to authority and be able to make their brand a better place. I’ve found someone fits both of those qualifications. Ladies and Gentlemen, the new General Manager of Monday Night Raw is Chandler Emerald! Next week, at the start of Monday Night Raw, I will invite Chandler Emerald to this ring and congratulate him!”

Just so you know, there are only twenty-one names on the list for the Battle Royal. Devon Immortal was the twenty-second participant. I just didn't add him to the list.

ECW Preview: Following the incredible Battle Royal on Raw, it was announced that Devon Immortal will defend his newly won World Heavyweight Championship against Batista. That's not the only title match that you'll be able to check out. On the next ECW, Matt Hardy defends the ECW Championship against John Morrison! Not only will that match take place; Mark Henry will take on the only ECW Superstar that has never won a match, Dustin Delta. Be sure to tune in for what's expected to be a huge night.

Smackdown Preview: He is young. He is talented. He is opportunistic. He is Striker "Yank" Boyd. And this Friday Night on Smackdown, he will take on Shelton Benjamin for the WWE United States Championship in his first Single Match. Plus, Vince McMahon has a major announcement that will change Smackdown.

Archived