Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when did you assume the bolded part? I can understand Naomi not having a uniform 'cause she hasn't decided whether to take up the badge or not, but you'd expect the rest of the fuzz to have full uniform on when on duty, which Akihiro is.

in your post you never stated that they were in uniform, you never publically stated it at least.

“Back in Basic, before I joined up with Neighborhood Watch, I wanted to be a fighter pilot so bad. I loved seein’ the jets do maneuvers over the base. I eventually managed to graduate from Basic with flying colors, though I barely passed Flight School. I was so proud of what I had accomplished. 3 days and 1 expensive fighter jet later, I barely escaped a court martial, and was transferred to the Arizona National Guard as infantry. The guys in the Guard, once they heard of my little stunt, nicknamed me ‘Maverick’ after Tom Cruise from that Top Gun movie, and the name just stuck, even through the Berets and my old Air Force desk job. I may love me some planes, but I’m much better on the ground with a rifle in my hands.”

Name: Commander Cincinnatus “Maverick” Foster, aka, “Recovery One”

Appearance: Foster appears to be a very fit man of African descent in his mid-20s, standing at 6'7" and weighing in at over 250 pounds of muscle. He wears a black beret on top of his bald head with a green band around the edge, and a black patch with a silver stylized clock stopped at 11. He has black fingerless gloves over his hands, a grey short-sleeved shirt, a red bandanna around his neck with a pair of goggles on top, also around his neck, a pair of urban camouflage pants with dark-brown combat boots, and a belt around his waist, as well as two straps, one on either shoulder going down to his waist, that all have various equipment pouches. On either ear is a silver and olive-green headset, one end possessing a microphone, the other a folded D-Gazer-like device that provides tactical information in augmented reality. On his back is his Resource Integration Gear, or RIG, that displays a sort of health bar down his spine, along with an arch-shaped meter off to one side that displays how much virtualization energy he has left.

Personality: Cincinnatus is a career soldier through and through. He is a rather noble individual, believing that there are certain men who are to go to war so that the civilians of the country they serve do not have to, and fighting to protect those behind their lines. Trained by the Green Berets, he specializes in unconventional warfare and counter-terrorism tactics, and is as skilled with his fists, a knife, or his mind as he is with a gun, though he rarely wishes to resort to violence unless required. A cool, calculating, and rational individual, Foster hates the stereotype of gung-ho soldiers that shoot first and ask questions later, and instead prefers to subdue the opponent using nonlethal means, which is why he has taken to dueling like a duck to water, though sometimes a little CQC is needed to complete his objective. In fact, his Mecha Phantom Beasts not only match his love for planes, but they also compliment his strategy of careful planning and using superior force against his opponents. Foster is currently rather happy to be back in a field position, but he considers himself to be rather old due to his experience and true age. Still, while he can be jovial at times, he is a man committed to the task at hand, and can easily switch to total seriousness in a heartbeat. And while he prefers more peaceful options to outright killing others, he is not a man to be taken lightly, as few walk away from an engagement with him completely intact.

Faction: Duelist

Bio: Foster has served the United States of America valiantly in an alternate reality. He was raised during the Reagan and Bush Sr. years, during which he developed a keen sense of honor and protecting those who couldn't protect themselves. He joined his high school's JROTC back in Arizona, and not only graduated salutatorian, but he was recruited into the Air Force, though he washed out into his state's National Guard after an incident where he crashed an expensive fighter jet on his first day in the cockpit. Earning the moniker “Maverick” for the incident, he served in the National Guard for a few years until the events of September 11, 2001. In a patriotic decision, he decided that the best way to serve his country would be to bring the fight back to the terrorists, and he signed up for the Green Berets, becoming a part of the 5th Special Forces Group, which operates in the Middle East. After carrying out various official and unofficial operations in the region for the good part of a decade, he was put on the officer track, much to his chagrin, and made his way up to being a Colonel in the Air Force.

After an event involving a comet made out of Orichalcos and a brief guerrilla war in Detroit, Foster was offered a commission into a special organization called "Neighborhood Watch", an umbrella operation across Foster's universe and many others, protecting his local multiverse. Realizing that not even his world was safe from extradimensional threats, he accepted, and he faked his own death. He was subsequently physically regressed back to his prime thanks to medical nanites reversing the gradual decay of his DNA, thereby curing him of the disease commonly called "old age". Currently, Foster is working for the Recovery division of Neighborhood Watch, and is on this version of Earth on assignment to recover a very valuable asset to Neighborhood Watch that may or may not be in the hands of Arcadia Movement . Fortunately, Foster has come equipped with just the tool for the job. Just below his RIG is a magnetic slot where Foster keeps his trusty ZF-1D multifunctional assault rifle, a slightly modified version of the wonderful Zorg Industries invention. Fortunately, his weapon is not only equipped with nonlethal stunning ammunition, but it is biometrically locked to his DNA, meaning it cannot fire unless his finger is on the trigger. The assault rifle also contains a dueling attachment instead of the flamethrower and "Ice Cube" system, making it the perfect tool for a postmodern soldier.

Theme Song: [spoiler=AC/DC]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

[/spoiler]

Deck: Mecha Phantom Beast Deck

Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. <3

BTW, if you get where the ZF-1 comes from, I will love you.

“Back in Basic, before I joined up with Neighborhood Watch, I wanted to be a fighter pilot so bad. I loved seein’ the jets do maneuvers over the base. I eventually managed to graduate from Basic with flying colors, though I barely passed Flight School. I was so proud of what I had accomplished. 3 days and 1 expensive fighter jet later, I barely escaped a court martial, and was transferred to the Arizona National Guard as infantry. The guys in the Guard, once they heard of my little stunt, nicknamed me ‘Maverick’ after Tom Cruise from that Top Gun movie, and the name just stuck, even through the Berets and my old Air Force desk job. I may love me some planes, but I’m much better on the ground with a rifle in my hands.”

Wow, that's some big ass quote there, Y-tak. Normally someone would just do 1 or 2 sentences... at the most.

This might be a challenge for me to enter, but I want to give it a shot because "One never knows one's own limits until one reaches them"

[spoiler=APP]

“The stars shine tonight...”

Name:

Avaren

Male

About 24

Appearance: {5 lines or a pic}

[spoiler=pic]5ozjhg.jpg

(ignore the wings... I don't remember the site I used to make the pic and removing it would be a pain due to my lack of img editing knowledge)[/spoiler]

Personality: {A minimum of seven lines}

Avaren is normally quite and reserved, often thinking ahead unless he's duelling. He prefers darkness to bright lights, saying that "The lights are too bright", however he normally just uses his glasses to dim what he sees. His technological cybernetic "Upgrades" allow him to be silent and near-invisible when in a particularly dark area, however he will announce himself before duelling an opponent due to his Honour.

Avaren has a strong sense of Honour and Ethics, which form together to make a code which he adheres to strongly. If he's placed in a position between his Honour and his Ethics, he will have trouble overcoming the challenge. He is also angered by people who act un-Honourably or un-Ethicly, often challenging them to a duel on the spot.

Avaren relies on technology and his intelligence in most situations, being a wiz at maths and science since he was young.

In duels, Avaren is often uncharacterly reckless and uses the technology in both his body and his duel disk to project his cards in both a Visual (IMG projector) and a Physical (force fields) medium. He will normally try to duel players 1 on 1, unless he can duel 2 on 2, and will refuse to duel in a situation where his team would have more players then the opponent's.

Faction: {Psychic or Duelist}

Duelist

Bio: {A minimum of ten lines}

Avaren was born in the slums and was quickly made an orphan by the poverty, despite this he attended the local school regularly dreaming of the future.

One day he found a pair of popular kids playing yu-gi-oh and he quickly learnt how to play, hoping to become more accepted by his fellow students. A few days after the event he borrowed another kid's deck and played against several other kids, winning only a few games. Feeling that yu-gi-oh was a place where he could be both popular and prove himself he worked hard to get himself his own deck doing odd jobs wherever he could. When he bought his first pack the first card within that he saw was Blackwing Night, which he has never parted with since this acquisition.

He graduated from school on the year 2047 with honours in both Advance Mathematics, Physics and Computer Systems. He was subsequently recruited by a unknown organisation for his scientific brilliance to make a new powerful, and renewable, power source. While he was successful in this project he swiftly moved away from the organisation thinking that something seemed corrupt and started working on his duel disk and experimenting with cybernetics.
In his experiments Avaren created a shield and image projector (which is in his duel disk and is used for dueling) and modified his own body slightly to include a personal shield generator and his stealth systems. These inventions where never made public, but used the same power-generating source that he had jointly created in his earlier work.

Avaren then disappeared for his remaining years rarely seen by anyone other then those he duels until the day where he saw a "Duel Fair" invite mysteriously on the ground.

Theme Song: {Optional}

N/A

Deck: {Be specific as possible. NO DECK LISTS!}

Named "Black Heart", the deck is a variation of a Blackwing deck that uses a few custom cards, the Key Card being the Field Spell "Blackwing Night".

It's evenly balanced between monsters and other cards and focuses on syncing to beat down the opponent or by using Blackwing Night to combo with his non-Blackwing cards.

[spoiler=custom cards]RUctUWs.jpg

Text: All DARK Winged Beast-type and DARK Dragon-type monsters in your Deck, Graveyard, and/or on your field are treated as "Blackwing" monsters.
Each time a "Blackwing" monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field; Place 1 "Black Feather" Counter onto this card.
"Blackwing" monsters you control gain 100 ATK/DEF for every "Black Feather" Counter on this card.

nmek8tK.jpg

Text: You can only activate this card while there is a face up "Blackwing Night" on the field. The equipped monster is treated as a DARK monster. If the equipped monster is a "Blackwing" monster; the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by card effects, but losses 200 ATK/DEF for every "Black Feather" Counter on the field.
If the equipped card is sent to the graveyard; you can shuffle this card into your Deck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

don't really have a fav character... no <3 here

so after reading a few pages of the IC, I think that being only around during the night would be hard... as such I'll change this a little bit...

Name: Commander Cincinnatus “Maverick” Foster, aka, “Recovery One”

Appearance: Foster appears to be a very fit man of African descent in his mid-20s, standing at 6'7" and weighing in at over 250 pounds of muscle. He wears a black beret on top of his bald head with a green band around the edge, and a black patch with a silver stylized clock stopped at 11. He has black fingerless gloves over his hands, a grey short-sleeved shirt, a red bandanna around his neck with a pair of goggles on top, also around his neck, a pair of urban camouflage pants with dark-brown combat boots, and a belt around his waist, as well as two straps, one on either shoulder going down to his waist, that all have various equipment pouches. On either ear is a silver and olive-green headset, one end possessing a microphone, the other a folded D-Gazer-like device that provides tactical information in augmented reality. On his back is his Resource Integration Gear, or RIG, that displays a sort of health bar down his spine, along with an arch-shaped meter off to one side that displays how much virtualization energy he has left.

Personality: Cincinnatus is a career soldier through and through. He is a rather noble individual, believing that there are certain men who are to go to war so that the civilians of the country they serve do not have to, and fighting to protect those behind their lines. Trained by the Green Berets, he specializes in unconventional warfare and counter-terrorism tactics, and is as skilled with his fists, a knife, or his mind as he is with a gun, though he rarely wishes to resort to violence unless required. A cool, calculating, and rational individual, Foster hates the stereotype of gung-ho soldiers that shoot first and ask questions later, and instead prefers to subdue the opponent using nonlethal means, which is why he has taken to dueling like a duck to water, though sometimes a little CQC is needed to complete his objective. In fact, his Mecha Phantom Beasts not only match his love for planes, but they also compliment his strategy of careful planning and using superior force against his opponents. Foster is currently rather happy to be back in a field position, but he considers himself to be rather old due to his experience and true age. Still, while he can be jovial at times, he is a man committed to the task at hand, and can easily switch to total seriousness in a heartbeat. And while he prefers more peaceful options to outright killing others, he is not a man to be taken lightly, as few walk away from an engagement with him completely intact.

Faction: Duelist

Bio: Foster has served the United States of America valiantly in an alternate reality. He was raised during the Reagan and Bush Sr. years, during which he developed a keen sense of honor and protecting those who couldn't protect themselves. He joined his high school's JROTC back in Arizona, and not only graduated salutatorian, but he was recruited into the Air Force, though he washed out into his state's National Guard after an incident where he crashed an expensive fighter jet on his first day in the cockpit. Earning the moniker “Maverick” for the incident, he served in the National Guard for a few years until the events of September 11, 2001. In a patriotic decision, he decided that the best way to serve his country would be to bring the fight back to the terrorists, and he signed up for the Green Berets, becoming a part of the 5th Special Forces Group, which operates in the Middle East. After carrying out various official and unofficial operations in the region for the good part of a decade, he was put on the officer track, much to his chagrin, and made his way up to being a Colonel in the Air Force.

After an event involving a comet made out of Orichalcos and a brief guerrilla war in Detroit, Foster was offered a commission into a special organization called "Neighborhood Watch", an umbrella operation across Foster's universe and many others, protecting his local multiverse. Realizing that not even his world was safe from extradimensional threats, he accepted, and he faked his own death. He was subsequently physically regressed back to his prime thanks to medical nanites reversing the gradual decay of his DNA, thereby curing him of the disease commonly called "old age". Currently, Foster is working for the Recovery division of Neighborhood Watch, and is on this version of Earth on assignment to recover a very valuable asset to Neighborhood Watch that may or may not be in the hands of Arcadia Movement . Fortunately, Foster has come equipped with just the tool for the job. Just below his RIG is a magnetic slot where Foster keeps his trusty ZF-1D multifunctional assault rifle, a slightly modified version of the wonderful Zorg Industries invention. Fortunately, his weapon is not only equipped with nonlethal stunning ammunition, but it is biometrically locked to his DNA, meaning it cannot fire unless his finger is on the trigger. The assault rifle also contains a dueling attachment instead of the flamethrower and "Ice Cube" system, making it the perfect tool for a postmodern soldier.

Theme Song: [spoiler=AC/DC]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

[/spoiler]

Deck: Mecha Phantom Beast Deck

Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. <3

BTW, if you get where the ZF-1 comes from, I will love you.

Accepted.

This might be a challenge for me to enter, but I want to give it a shot because "One never knows one's own limits until one reaches them"

[spoiler=APP]

“The stars shine tonight...”

Name:

Avaren

Male

About 24

Appearance: {5 lines or a pic}

[spoiler=pic]5ozjhg.jpg

(ignore the wings... I don't remember the site I used to make the pic and removing it would be a pain due to my lack of img editing knowledge)[/spoiler]

Personality: {A minimum of seven lines}

Avaren is normally quite and reserved, often thinking ahead unless he's duelling. He prefers darkness to bright lights, saying that "The lights are too bright", however he normally just uses his glasses to dim what he sees. His technological cybernetic "Upgrades" allow him to be silent and near-invisible when in a particularly dark area, however he will announce himself before duelling an opponent due to his Honour.

Avaren has a strong sense of Honour and Ethics, which form together to make a code which he adheres to strongly. If he's placed in a position between his Honour and his Ethics, he will have trouble overcoming the challenge. He is also angered by people who act un-Honourably or un-Ethicly, often challenging them to a duel on the spot.

Avaren relies on technology and his intelligence in most situations, being a wiz at maths and science since he was young.

In duels, Avaren is often uncharacterly reckless and uses the technology in both his body and his duel disk to project his cards in both a Visual (IMG projector) and a Physical (force fields) medium. He will normally try to duel players 1 on 1, unless he can duel 2 on 2, and will refuse to duel in a situation where his team would have more players then the opponent's.

Faction: {Psychic or Duelist}

Duelist

Bio: {A minimum of ten lines}

Avaren was born in the slums and was quickly made an orphan by the poverty, despite this he attended the local school regularly dreaming of the future.

One day he found a pair of popular kids playing yu-gi-oh and he quickly learnt how to play, hoping to become more accepted by his fellow students. A few days after the event he borrowed another kid's deck and played against several other kids, winning only a few games. Feeling that yu-gi-oh was a place where he could be both popular and prove himself he worked hard to get himself his own deck doing odd jobs wherever he could. When he bought his first pack the first card within that he saw was Blackwing Night, which he has never parted with since this acquisition.

He graduated from school on the year 2047 with honours in both Advance Mathematics, Physics and Computer Systems. He was subsequently recruited by a unknown organisation for his scientific brilliance to make a new powerful, and renewable, power source. While he was successful in this project he swiftly moved away from the organisation thinking that something seemed corrupt and started working on his duel disk and experimenting with cybernetics.
In his experiments Avaren created a shield and image projector (which is in his duel disk and is used for dueling) and modified his own body slightly to include a personal shield generator and his stealth systems. These inventions where never made public, but used the same power-generating source that he had jointly created in his earlier work.

Avaren then disappeared for his remaining years rarely seen by anyone other then those he duels until the day where he saw a "Duel Fair" invite mysteriously on the ground.

Theme Song: {Optional}

N/A

Deck: {Be specific as possible. NO DECK LISTS!}

Named "Black Heart", the deck is a variation of a Blackwing deck that uses a few custom cards, the Key Card being the Field Spell "Blackwing Night".

It's evenly balanced between monsters and other cards and focuses on syncing to beat down the opponent or by using Blackwing Night to combo with his non-Blackwing cards.

[spoiler=custom cards]RUctUWs.jpg

Text: All DARK Winged Beast-type and DARK Dragon-type monsters in your Deck, Graveyard, and/or on your field are treated as "Blackwing" monsters.
Each time a "Blackwing" monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field; Place 1 "Black Feather" Counter onto this card.
"Blackwing" monsters you control gain 100 ATK/DEF for every "Black Feather" Counter on this card.

nmek8tK.jpg

Text: You can only activate this card while there is a face up "Blackwing Night" on the field. The equipped monster is treated as a DARK monster. If the equipped monster is a "Blackwing" monster; the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by card effects, but losses 200 ATK/DEF for every "Black Feather" Counter on the field.
If the equipped card is sent to the graveyard; you can shuffle this card into your Deck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

don't really have a fav character... no <3 here

so after reading a few pages of the IC, I think that being only around during the night would be hard... as such I'll change this a little bit...

I'm sorry, but I've cut off accepting since this has started. TFF placed a reserve before hand, but since its still early in the RP and nothing major actually happened yet write a writing sample and PM it to me and I'll let you in. 

Poor SHINE everyone keeps calling him by his real name. Also King your second app is fine as off now. I'll have more time in a few days and will move the plot further ahead then. 

I should let you all know Manos is recieving help for his anger issues and will continue solving his problems with impractical card games. 

a challenge and three halves it is...

btw you should maybe change either the OP or the title if people are no-longer able to freely join without doing a example post or something...

now to try and make a post that will get me in...

Archived