Planning Thread for Card Ideas

Flash Flyer - Sakura

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342428-forgotten-light-dragon/

I'm wanting to create an archetype based around this card. I'm going to make it a synchro deck based around using tokens are synchro material. The problem is that I can't come up with a playstyle that doesn't rip off Mecha Phantom Beasts. I'm wanting to hopefully do something more aggressive with the tokens.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be overpowered, but you could have the monsters of your archetype summon tokens when they are normal summoned onto the field. If the monster is not a tuner then its token is a tuner, if the monster is a tuner its token isn't. And when these monsters are sent to the graveyard for a synchro summon, they can confer various effects upon the monster they've synchro summoned. 

I'm wondering if this seems too...meta, but I based the Caper Town idea on over-the-top crime and action themes, stuff that wouldn't be out of place in Vice City or Black Lagoon.

v7SBUIE.jpg

Does this seem a bit...over the top? It's meant to be mainly about everyone in the City of Caper Town pretty much having to pay the piper. Many other cards have similar effects, incurring LP costs to pretty much everything. I'm mainly wondering if the whole "LP or else" gimmick is not feasible..If anything, I'm thinking that splitting it's effects amongst different spells might work.

• 3 weeks later...

New Archetype I am working on, Equip Card based Inzektor and Dragunity style: http://pastebin.com/mxfmCZ6T

They don't have a specific theme other than Equip Cards, unlike some of my other Archetypes, however they each have the same type of equipping method, the Tuners all grant effects while equipped, the Main Deck monsters typically send or use Equip Cards for various purposes and the Synchro Monsters all have one effect that doesn't require an Equip Card, one that does and have the same last effect that protects them by destroying an Equip Card.

EDIT:

Well, I mean a generalized effect such as Burning Abyss all having the "If this card is sent to the Graveyard" thing. Then again, the equip kind of is. Forget what I said, I suppose they do after all.

So, I've been considering making a Houdini XYZ Spellcaster deck. The mechanic of it is using monsters in your opponent's graveyard as material while cheating material requirements. For example, if an XYZ monster would require 2 level 4s, Houdinis will summon that monster using only 1 material, and that material is a level 4 monster in your opponent's graveyard. What would be the best means of getting this mechanic to work? Also, I'm stumped as to what the XYZs themselves do.

I'm thinking of making Xyz cards but their level would be equal to the total level of the monsters that were used as Xyz material. For example, a Rank 1 Xyz would max out at about Level 5. So Xyz monsters would typically max out at Level 60. After that, I'll create a new system that could possibly increase the potential.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just thought of concept that I don't think has ever been explored before, that being the order of which the player performs actions. For example, "Must be activated as your first action during your Main Phase, otherwise it cannot be activated this Main Phase." What this would mean would be that if you chose to Normal Summon a monster first, you couldn't activate that card. This could be useful to prevent cards from being too powerful in combos, or maybe as a floodgate effect, for example "Your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards as their first and second action during their Main Phase." It may be a bit weird, but it could be pretty interesting to try out.

I just thought of concept that I don't think has ever been explored before, that being the order of which the player performs actions. For example, "Must be activated as your first action during your Main Phase, otherwise it cannot be activated this Main Phase." What this would mean would be that if you chose to Normal Summon a monster first, you couldn't activate that card. This could be useful to prevent cards from being too powerful in combos, or maybe as a floodgate effect, for example "Your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards as their first and second action during their Main Phase." It may be a bit weird, but it could be pretty interesting to try out.

Kinda like Heat Wave/Cold Wave? It isn't a mechanic that's really explored that often, but if you wanted to try it, you could look at those for card grammar.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an Idea for a "Level 1" deck 
+ Fusion
+ Synchro 
+ (maybe) XYZ 
Monsters involving the deck.
The deck will have card/effects that work only if the monsters in the graveyard(/field) are lvl 1 monsters.
And Synchro monsters which are treated as a "lvl 1" monster while in the graveyard. (+ (maybe) once per turn make them be treated as a lvl 1 monster)

I am going through a custom-archetype crisis, from playing with my custom archetypes on Duel Portal, and from recent looks, and from recent criticism, I'm realising I'm horrible at making one with these qualities;

-Balanced Mechanics. Costs/Conditions, and overall fun for both players

-High Creativity

-Great and Absolutely perfect card Grammar

Usually either my Archetypes are over-powered and overwhelm myself with all the power. I find my self making a lot of cards/combos where no cost is listed, or the cost is benefited from for the Archetype.

______________________________________________________----

With that out of the way I'd like to redeem my self. The new Archetype I want to come up with involves essentially using the opponent's card against them, via trading cards or stealing cards. From my grasp of basic Yugioh knowledge, that's really hard to do with the fact that: A)I most likely can't use the obtained cards & B)Inconveniences both me and the opponent, possibly giving me more plus that cost.

Please some one help me, If I can base a whole Archetype around this idea, with balance & creativity, I'd be so happy.

If you want examples of some of my work, you can check Duel Portal, if it's not too much of an inconvenience for you (I'm also lazy and don't want to come back 'n' forth posting cards.)

Archetypes I've made that I believe can be seen;

-Divinity

-Daemonic World

-Deck Invaders

-Dryken Dominion (Not Complete.)

-The Many(Some where on YCM, I swear.)

-Dream World(Also on YCM some where.)

I would very much appreciate help.

• 2 weeks later...

Phazer

An archetype of LIGHT Zombie Spirit monsters that all have this effect (alongside their Spirit conditions): "When this card battles and would inflict damage to your opponent, you can make that battle damage 100; discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand". They also act as Spirit support as their other effect costs/utilize Spirits.

An idea that I cannot elaborate on right now but may come back to later.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm working on an archetype like Kozmo, in that it fuses two franchises. The ones I'm going with are Sonic the Hedgehog and MLP. For the playstyle, I decided to go with a Rank 1-8 engine that cannot make LIGHT and DARK Xyzs. However, I'm more or less stuck on card names and an archetype name.

[spoiler=cards in the archetype]

X Soaring Blur(Sonic/Rainbow Dash)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

ATK: 1000 DEF: 0

Once per turn: You can declare a number 1 to 8; This card's level becomes that number, also you lose LP equal to that number x100. Cannot be used as Xyz Material in the Xyz Summon of a LIGHT or DARK monster. You can pay 1000 LP; Add 1 "X" card from your Deck to Hand. You can only use this effect of "X Soaring Blur" once per turn.

X Shy Engineer(Tails/Fluttershy)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

Once per turn: You can declare a number 1 to 8; This card's level becomes that number, also you lose LP equal to that number x100. Cannot be used as Xyz Material in the Xyz Summon of a LIGHT or DARK monster.

X Solar Eclipse(Shadow/Sunset Shimmer)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

Once per turn: You can declare a number 1 to 8; This card's level becomes that number, also you lose LP equal to that number x100. Cannot be used as Xyz Material in the Xyz Summon of a LIGHT or DARK monster.

X Diamond Hunter(Rouge/Rarity)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

X Red Farmer(Knuckles/Applejack)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

X Pink Thorn(Amy Rose/Pinkie Pie)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

X Sterling Shield(Silver/Shining Armor)

Level 1

WIND

Beast/Effect

----

X Robotic Kingdom(Robotropilis/Canterlot)

Field Spell

X Superboom(Sonic's super speed/Sonic Rainboom)

X Power Gems(Chaos Emerald/Element of Harmony)

X Cursebreaker(Chaos/Magic)

X Hyperform(Super Form/Rainbow Power)

Quickplay Spell

Target 1 "X" monster you control and pay 1000 LP; Immedidately after this effect resolves, Special Summon 1 "X" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, using the targeted monster as material. You can only use 1 "X Hyperform" per turn.

----

X Royal Rebel(Sally Acorn/Twilight Sparkle)

X Royal Master(King Acorn/Celestia)

X Royal Father(Uncle Chuck/Luna)

X Royal Mother(Queen Aleena/Cadence)

X Chaotic Professor(Dr. Eggman/Discord)

The Growth of Fiber Vine Hinn
Ritual Spell Card

By discarding 1 card from your hand:This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Fiber Vine" Ritual Monster During either player's turn, you must:
● Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or send monsters from your Extra Deck to your Graveyard, then Ritual Summon 1 "Fiber Vine" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters.
 ● Send Normal Monsters from your Deck to your Graveyard, then Ritual Summon 1 "Fiber Vine" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. You can only use this effect of "The Growth of Fiber Vine Hinn" once per turn.
 During either players, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, when a Spell/Trap card activates its effect: You can banish this card and 1 "Fiber Vine" card from your Graveyard; Negate the activation, and if you do,Draw 1 card.

• 4 months later...

Corpse Zombie | 8 stars | Dark | Zombie

2500 ATK | 0 DEF

Effect :

Each turn, you can normal summon 1 zombie-type monster in additional of your normal summon. Whenever you summon a zombie-type monster, this monster gain 500 ATK. When this card was destroyed and sent to graveyard or banished by card effect from the field, special summon this card to the field at the end of the turn it's destroyed or banish by card effect. This card cannot be tributed. This card cannot be used as material to summon monster.

This card can't be used as material to tribute summon, xyz summon, synchro summon and any other summoning method.

Zombie Return | 1 star | Dark | Zombie

0 ATK | 0 DEF

Effect :

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is banished or tributed for tribute summon, special summon this card to the field immediately. This card can be treated as normal monster while not in the field. This card can be treated as a whole tribute summon requirement to tribute summon a zombie-type monster. This card can't be used as material to summon monster except for tribute summon.

This card is a normal monster while in the deck, hand, graveyard or banished.

You can tribute summon zombie-type monster with only this one card for any tribute summon requirement (2 or more monster tribute summon requirement).

This card can't be used as material for xyz summon, synchro summon or other summoning method except tribute summon.

Vampire Witch - Spirit of Blood | 8 stars | Dark | Zombie

1000 ATK | 1000 DEF

Effect :

While it's on the field, negate all trap card's effect and destroy them. Once per turn, you can target special summoned monster in the field, equip that card to this card, if you do, this card gain ATK and DEF equal to the original ATK and DEF the monster equipped to this card. Once per turn, you can destroy the monster that equipped to this card, gain LP equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster in the graveyard. This card cannot be tributed. This card cannot be special summoned from hand or deck.

Vampire Witch - Chill Weeper | 5 stars | Dark | Zombie

500 ATK | 0 DEF

Whenever this card is sent to graveyard from the field, special summon this card face-up attack position in the field, if you do, draw 1 card from your deck and destroy one card in the field. This card can only be tribute summoned with zombie-type monster as tribute. This card cannot be special summoned except by its own effect.

Vampire Witch - True Blood | 10 stars | Dark | Zombie

4000 ATK | 0 DEF

This card cannot be special summoned except by its own effect. You can only normal summon this card from your hand by tributing 3 zombie-type monster in the field. When this card is banished, you can special summon this card to the field immediately. The summoning of this card cannot be negated. During either player's battle phase, during damage calculation you can pay life point x100 (max 2000), increase this card's ATK by that amount during damage calculation only.

What do you think about these cards guys?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Creating Greek inspired pantheons as god awhile slightly changing the name (bc idk, copyright?)

Hera-> Helsa

You can keep the original names; the names of deities are generally public knowledge and even if a movie has a character named for them, they can't claim copyright. Characters, yes; names are no.

Does anyone have an idea how great a Life Points loss would be of equal worth as sending the top 2 cards from your deck to the graveyard? (Need that for a trap card)

About 600-1000 LP per card.

If this were an earlier generation, 500 might've been fine, but as a LOT of Decks trigger from the Graveyard, cost should be higher.

Archived