Card Submission Thread

Delibirb

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. I have made some changes to "Star Scout" and hopefully it's fine.

I also changed "Tuning Engine" a bit (should be more intuitive now) and "Bond Guardians".

Other posts were edited accordingly.

[spoiler=Re-Re-Edited Generics:]

Star Scout
Level 1 - LIGHT - Winged-Beast/Pendulum/Normal - 500/500
Scale 5/5
Pendulum Effect: If you control 2 or more monsters with the same level, you can target 1 of them and 1 other monster you control with a different level than those monsters; the second target’s level becomes the same level as the first target, until the end phase. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum or Xyz Summon. You can only use this effect of “Star Scout” once while this card is face-up in your Pendulum Zone.
Monster Lore: This worshiped owl is always on watch in the sky. Although it never seems to go down, it is known to value equality above all and that it grants wishes of approximation. Many couples and friends are thankful to this creature. Envious people as well.
Notes: If still deemed strong, I will include a discard as a cost (I did included it first when doing this version).

Tuning Engine
Level 4 - EARTH - Machine/Pendulum/Effect - 1000/2000
Scale 5/5
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 monster you control and apply one of the following effects:
- Treat its level as its current level +1 if its used for a Synchro Summon.
- Treat its level as its current level -1 if its used for a Synchro Summon.
These changes lasts until the end phase. You can only use this effect of "Tuning Engine" once per turn. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum or Synchro Summon. 
Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, you can declare 1 level from 3 to 5; this card’s level is treated as that level if its used for a Synchro Summon. If you activate this effect, shuffle this card into the deck when its used for a Synchro Summon.

Bond Guardians

Level 1 - LIGHT - Wyrm/Pendulum/Normal -  600/600

Scale 5/5

Pendulum Effect: You can tribute 1 monster you control; reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck; then Special Summon 1 Fusion Material listed on it from your graveyard, but its effects are negated and it cannot attack, also destroy it during the end phase. You cannot Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum or Fusion Summon. You can only use this effect of “Bond Guardians” once while this card is face-up in your Pendulum Zone.

Monster Lore: These flying creatures live the entirety of their lives together. While flying around the world, they always roam supporting other beings who also share a strong bond within each other. It's said those supported by them are meant to keep the eternity connected.

If you think they are all fine, I will send their artworks sometime soon. Otherwise, I will just send the ones who were accepted already.
Nevertheless, hope this whole project works and I'm looking forward to it.
Cheers.

Ok. I have made some changes to "Star Scout" and hopefully it's fine.

I also changed "Tuning Engine" a bit (should be more intuitive now) and "Bond Guardians".

Other posts were edited accordingly.

[spoiler=Re-Re-Edited Generics:]

Star Scout
Level 1 - LIGHT - Winged-Beast/Pendulum/Normal - 500/500
Scale 5/5
Pendulum Effect: If you control 2 or more monsters with the same level, you can target 1 of them and 1 other monster you control with a different level than those monsters; the second target’s level becomes the same level as the first target, until the end phase. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum or Xyz Summon. You can only use this effect of “Star Scout” once while this card is face-up in your Pendulum Zone.
Monster Lore: This worshiped owl is always on watch in the sky. Although it never seems to go down, it is known to value equality above all and that it grants wishes of approximation. Many couples and friends are thankful to this creature. Envious people as well.
Notes: If still deemed strong, I will include a discard as a cost (I did included it first when doing this version).

Tuning Engine
Level 4 - EARTH - Machine/Pendulum/Effect - 1000/2000
Scale 5/5
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 monster you control and apply one of the following effects:
- Treat its level as its current level +1 if its used for a Synchro Summon.
- Treat its level as its current level -1 if its used for a Synchro Summon.
These changes lasts until the end phase. You can only use this effect of "Tuning Engine" once per turn. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum or Synchro Summon. 
Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, you can declare 1 level from 3 to 5; this card’s level is treated as that level if its used for a Synchro Summon. If you activate this effect, shuffle this card into the deck when its used for a Synchro Summon.

Bond Guardians

Level 1 - LIGHT - Wyrm/Pendulum/Normal -  600/600

Scale 5/5

Pendulum Effect: You can tribute 1 monster you control; reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck; then Special Summon 1 Fusion Material listed on it from your graveyard, but its effects are negated and it cannot attack, also destroy it during the end phase. You cannot Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except by Pendulum or Fusion Summon. You can only use this effect of “Bond Guardians” once while this card is face-up in your Pendulum Zone.

Monster Lore: These flying creatures live the entirety of their lives together. While flying around the world, they always roam supporting other beings who also share a strong bond within each other. It's said those supported by them are meant to keep the eternity connected.

If you think they are all fine, I will send their artworks sometime soon. Otherwise, I will just send the ones who were accepted already.
Nevertheless, hope this whole project works and I'm looking forward to it.
Cheers.

Approved

Murasame redone:

Spirit of Autumn Rain, Murasame

DARK/Level 1

1<>1

Warrior/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect

Pendulum Effect: You can target 1 Set card your opponent's control; banish the target and this card until your opponent's next End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Spirit of Autumn Rain, Murasame" once per turn.

Monster Effect: Cannot be Pendulum Summoned. You can destroy 1 card you control; Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck, but banish it when it leaves the field.

400/0

Okay i'll pm you the art

found some more too strong plays so i made a few more edits to destroyers: 

invasions SS eff restricted to 2: 

Destroyer Invasion

Quick-Play Spell
Send a card from your hand to the Graveyard and activate one of the following effects:
• Tribute all Tokens on the field. Special Summon up to 2 “Destroyer” monster(s) from your Deck with a combined Level less than or equal to the Level of all “Destroyer” Tokens destroyed by this effect.
• Add 2 “Destroyer” monsters from your Deck to your hand and then it becomes the End Phase, this effect can only be activated on your turn.
You cannot Special Summon the turn you activate this effect, except Destroyer monsters.

and holidead's tokens to level 2 to prevent the combos with invasion: 

Earth Destroyer Holidead
4 / EARTH / Fiend-type / Xyz / Effect
2600 / 2200
3 Level 4 Monsters
While this card has Xyz Material and you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 2 “Destroyer Token” (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can Tribute 1 monster you control, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target. You can only control 1 "Earth Destroyer Holidead".

Finally submitting an archetype!

(Note: if the archetype seems underwhelming, that's because it was meant to be that way, however most of the monsters have semi-generic effects to compensate.)

[spoiler Synergy Archetype]Synergy Recruiter

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 100/1600

If this is the only monster you control, destroy this card then take 500 damage. When this card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard, you can discard 2 cards and banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 2 "Synergy" monsters from your Deck with the same name. They cannot attack or be used as XYZ Material.

Synergy Supplier

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 500/1500

Monsters you control with an original ATK of 1000 or less gains 1000 ATK. If you control a monster whose original ATK is greater than 1000, destroy this card. During your Main Phase, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; you can Normal Summon 1 "Synergy" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn).

Synergy Lancer

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 900/200

All level 3 or lower Warrior-type monsters you control gain piercing. If you control a level/rank 4 or higher monster, destroy this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 200 ATK.

Synergy Swordswoman

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 1000/100

Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to an EARTH monster's attack. If you control a non-EARTH monster, destroy this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 200 ATK.

Synergy Gardna

EARTH * Warrior/Effect 0/2000

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower monster from your Hand. Your opponent cannot target Warrior-type monsters for attacks except this one. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 500 DEF.

Synergy Musicians

EARTH * Warrior/Effect 400/300

If you Normal Summoned a level 2 or lower monster, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. Once per turn, you can swap the current ATK and DEF of a monster on the field. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Synergy" monster from your Deck in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Synergy Musicians" once per turn.

Synergy Medic

EARTH * Warrior/Effect 300/1700

You can discard 1 card to Special Summon this card (from your Hand). When a level 3 or lower monster(s) would be destroyed, it is not. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; return up to 2 banished level 3 or lower monsters to their owners' Hand (except "Synergy Medic"). You can only use each effect of "Synergy Medic" once per turn.

Synergy Captain

EARTH *** Warrior/Synchro/Effect 900/1800

1 tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters

Increase the ATK of all monsters you control by 300. The effects of "Synergy" monsters cannot be negated. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. You can only control 1 "Synergy Captain".

Synergy General

EARTH *** Warrior/Synchro/Effect 1000/2000

Increase the ATK of all monsters you control by 300. Once per turn, you can Normal Summon 1 level 2 or lower monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. You can only control 1 "Synergy General".

Synergy Strike

Quick-play Spell

Target up to 2 monsters on the field whose total levels/ranks is less than the total levels of all "Synergy" monsters on the Field; destroy them. You cannot attack directly the turn you activate this effect.

Synergy Order - Phalanx

Quick-Play Spell

Activate if you control 2 or more "Synergy" monsters. "Synergy" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF for each monster you control. Each "Synergy" monster cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect once during this turn.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/345542-bringing-in-the-big-guns-forgotten-legends-20-1515-2099-format/

I'm turning in my Template for these 15 cards.

I've already copied them twice, once for the topic, and once into DP.

I'm not feeling too inclined to copy them a third time.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/345542-bringing-in-the-big-guns-forgotten-legends-20-1515-2099-format/

You get 2 reps from me because WOW these are cool!!! An archetype of bosses! Darn I love these so much it almost makes me sad that I'm playing zombies ;) My only concern is that they seem a bit too strong, but that's for Darkness and Kano to decide. I must say however that if Wavering Eyes makes it into 2099, it's really good in this deck.

You get 2 reps from me because WOW these are cool!!! An archetype of bosses! Darn I love these so much it almost makes me sad that I'm playing zombies ;) My only concern is that they seem a bit too strong, but that's for Darkness and Kano to decide. I must say however that if Wavering Eyes makes it into 2099, it's really good in this deck.

i already requested it and sadly NO, no for wavering eyes.

i already requested it and sadly NO, no for wavering eyes.

Thought as much. I might make a more balanced version though, so as to allow a Forgotten Legend deck or a similar deck with negative Pendulum effects to put in non-Archetypal monsters. But if anyone gets there first, go for it and upload, I won't stop you. (I don't generally like copyright, but please don't make Sheriff Jimmy cards anyone)

On that topic, I have another submission, however I think it might be overpowered and needs a slight nerf. Please help me, anyone!

Sheriff Jimmy's Fateful Visions

Counter Trap

When exactly 1 monster is Summoned: Banish that monster until the Summoning player's next Standby Phase.

Yes, it is based off Future Visions, because it needed a name that sounded like that, for plot reasons, and I thought it may as well have a similar effect. I thought it would be way too weak if it only worked against Normal Summons, because it would basically be a worse but cheaper Lasso Technique. But what do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Or send me a snail mail via my P.O. Box. ;)

EDIT: Upon second thoughts, this card is probably perfectly balanced. Compare to Black Horn of Heaven, which is also a Counter Trap that stops exactly 1 monster for no cost. I'm going to list the pro's and cons of Black Horn of Heaven compared to Fateful Visions.

+Black Horn negates the summon, which is a lot more powerful than removing a card that's already been summoned.

+Black Horn removes the threat forever, rather than returning it later on.

+Black Horn is not stopped by IIW and similar cards (I don't know whether this is applicable in 2099)

-Black Horn only works against inherent Special Summons.

-Black Horn destroys

Thought as much. I might make a more balanced version though, so as to allow a Forgotten Legend deck or a similar deck with negative Pendulum effects to put in non-Archetypal monsters. But if anyone gets there first, go for it and upload, I won't stop you. (I don't generally like copyright, but please don't make Sheriff Jimmy cards anyone)

On that topic, I have another submission, however I think it might be overpowered and needs a slight nerf. Please help me, anyone!

Counter Trap

When exactly 1 monster is Summoned: Banish that monster until the Summoning player's next Standby Phase.

Yes, it is based off Future Visions, because it needed a name that sounded like that, for plot reasons, and I thought it may as well have a similar effect. I thought it would be way too weak if it only worked against Normal Summons, because it would basically be a worse but cheaper Lasso Technique. But what do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Or send me a snail mail via my P.O. Box. ;)

EDIT: Upon second thoughts, this card is probably perfectly balanced. Compare to Black Horn of Heaven, which is also a Counter Trap that stops exactly 1 monster for no cost. I'm going to list the pro's and cons of Black Horn of Heaven compared to Fateful Visions.

+Black Horn negates the summon, which is a lot more powerful than removing a card that's already been summoned.

+Black Horn removes the threat forever, rather than returning it later on.

+Black Horn is not stopped by IIW and similar cards (I don't know whether this is applicable in 2099)

-Black Horn only works against inherent Special Summons.

-Black Horn destroys

Great Horn is the comparison since we have it here, though Bottomless Trap Hole is the better comparison, but all that being said I do think this is a weird but interesting way to go. A possible suggestion though is instead of Standby Phase is to go until the End Phase. Combine that with a Hard OPT and I think it would be good to go. Kano, you agree?

1 change and it should be alright. Youngblood's Pend eff should reduce damage to half when it doubles the ATK. I see silly high damage routes coming in with it as is. The rest should be fine, albeit I may want to do some testing with it. Accepted on my end, Kano?

Finally submitting an archetype!

(Note: if the archetype seems underwhelming, that's because it was meant to be that way, however most of the monsters have semi-generic effects to compensate.)

[spoiler Synergy Archetype]Synergy Recruiter

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 100/1600

If this is the only monster you control, destroy this card then take 500 damage. When this card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard, you can discard 2 cards and banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 2 "Synergy" monsters from your Deck with the same name. They cannot attack or be used as XYZ Material.

Synergy Supplier

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 500/1500

Monsters you control with an original ATK of 1000 or less gains 1000 ATK. If you control a monster whose original ATK is greater than 1000, destroy this card. During your Main Phase, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; you can Normal Summon 1 "Synergy" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn).

Synergy Lancer

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 900/200

All level 3 or lower Warrior-type monsters you control gain piercing. If you control a level/rank 4 or higher monster, destroy this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 200 ATK.

Synergy Swordswoman

EARTH ** Warrior/Tuner/Effect 1000/100

Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to an EARTH monster's attack. If you control a non-EARTH monster, destroy this card. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 200 ATK.

Synergy Gardna

EARTH * Warrior/Effect 0/2000

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower monster from your Hand. Your opponent cannot target Warrior-type monsters for attacks except this one. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 500 DEF.

Synergy Musicians

EARTH * Warrior/Effect 400/300

If you Normal Summoned a level 2 or lower monster, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. Once per turn, you can swap the current ATK and DEF of a monster on the field. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Synergy" monster from your Deck in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Synergy Musicians" once per turn.

Synergy Medic

EARTH * Warrior/Effect 300/1700

You can discard 1 card to Special Summon this card (from your Hand). When a level 3 or lower monster(s) would be destroyed, it is not. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; return up to 2 banished level 3 or lower monsters to their owners' Hand (except "Synergy Medic"). You can only use each effect of "Synergy Medic" once per turn.

Synergy Captain

EARTH *** Warrior/Synchro/Effect 900/1800

Increase the ATK of all monsters you control by 300. The effects of "Synergy" monsters cannot be negated. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. You can only control 1 "Synergy Captain".

Synergy General

EARTH *** Warrior/Synchro/Effect 1000/2000

Increase the ATK of all monsters you control by 300. Once per turn, you can Normal Summon 1 level 2 or lower monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. While this card is in the Graveyard, "Synergy" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. You can only control 1 "Synergy General".

Synergy Strike

Quick-play Spell

Target up to 2 monsters on the field whose total levels/ranks is less than the total levels of all "Synergy" monsters on the Field; destroy them. You cannot attack directly the turn you activate this effect.

Synergy Order - Phalanx

Quick-Play Spell

Activate if you control 2 or more "Synergy" monsters. "Synergy" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF for each monster you control. Each "Synergy" monster cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect once during this turn.

These guys seem fun! Some of their restrictions or costs I feel could be a bit high (Looking at Recruiter mainly), but it's fine and interesting. Accepted on my end, Kano?

1 change and it should be alright. Youngblood's Pend eff should reduce damage to half when it doubles the ATK. I see silly high damage routes coming in with it as is. The rest should be fine, albeit I may want to do some testing with it. Accepted on my end, Kano?

Saw them in Skype so good in my end as well. Synergy archetype as well.

Jimmy with my suggestion though?

I could go either way. It certainly makes for some big damage but it's essentially only once because it destroys the scale. Maybe with some testing it needs to halve the damage but on paper I don't think it's too terrible.

I could go either way. It certainly makes for some big damage but it's essentially only once because it destroys the scale. Maybe with some testing it needs to halve the damage but on paper I don't think it's too terrible.

I meant the Counter Trap, Jimmy as in Sherrif Jimmy http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/344682-card-submission-thread/page-17?do=findComment&comment=6778818

Lol why did you think that Malca the Youngblood was called Jimmy?

Also, Beinah and Chokroh need an OPT on their Pendulum Effects, in case they become destruction immune or something.

Great Horn is the comparison since we have it here, though Bottomless Trap Hole is the better comparison, but all that being said I do think this is a weird but interesting way to go. A possible suggestion though is instead of Standby Phase is to go until the End Phase. Combine that with a Hard OPT and I think it would be good to go. Kano, you agree?

Sounds fine to me. And I thought you had meant Jimmy earlier as in cool. "cool with my suggestions though?"

Lol why did you think that Malca the Youngblood was called Jimmy?

Also, Beinah and Chokroh need an OPT on their Pendulum Effects, in case they become destruction immune or something.

If anything, just have them be destroyed to do what they aim to do. Like "destroy this card, and if you do, destroy that target."

Sounds fine to me. And I thought you had meant Jimmy earlier as in cool. "cool with my suggestions though?"

I literally can't, but ay, coolio it works

Nice use of cool slang

And with that confirmation:

Counter Trap

When exactly 1 monster is Summoned: Banish that monster until the End Phase. You can only activate "Sheriff Jimmy's Fateful Visions" once per turn.

Mint harsh combo disruption we got here! I'll PM the image to you Darkness, yes?

Archived