Naruto

Naruto The Last Movie's getting a novelization 2 days after the movie's release.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/641/298/448.jpg

[spoiler=And this is the plot]

The moon has begun moving closer to the Earth! As it is, the the moon will crumble and meteorites will rain down on the earth's surface. As the last days of Earth approach, Hanabi Hyūga is abducted by a mysterious man in Konoha, and Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Shikamaru, and Hinata set off on a rescue mission! Can Naruto and the others overcome this crisis?

Well, now we are definitely broaching NaruHina territory.

Couldn't help but notice Sasuke's absence in that rescue mission too.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avoiding spoilers of Naruto the Last Movie for the first time, considering that I wish to be surprised for when it comes out~ But I'm pretty sure it's something cool.

As for the chapter itself - that was absolutely AWESOME. Reverting back to basics was the best thing Kishi could have ever done, since we've been seeing flashy attacks for faaaarrrr too long now, so doing it like this gives it a sense of legitimacy and finality. Seems like the battle's going to end next chapter, with the actual conclusion a week after, so I'm looking forward to what's gonna happen next :3

Issue 50 of Jump will have two chapters of Naruto, making Chapter 700 the ending chapter.

Also, it won't get the cover, which is shocking. 

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/698

Series is ending on a good note.

On a different note, all I can now wonder is how they fix the damage since we know based on Last Movie art that they do. 

Oh my god.

That last double-spread, what the f*ck xD

Firstly, I'm happy about the double finale. It's ending on 700 after all!

[spoiler=As for how they could fix "that"]

Senju cells?

Probably?

I remember Kakuzu helped stitch Deidara's arm that one time, maybe Tsunade and Sakura could do something like that and they just need to keep them bandaged.

I'm sad it won't get the cover though, it deserves it :/

Chapter had lots of feels. This was good stuff.

[spoiler=Also, ANN had a spoiler about the villain in The Last]

Apparently he has the blood of the Six Paths, like a descendant or something.

Well.

So there will be a Naruto 700? Yay! I'm guessing 699 will cap off this arc, and 700 will be the proper wrap-up. It's seriously disappointing that they're not having the cover page, though. That just seems like missed opportunity to me.

This chapter was good at bringing out some emotion. Loved the punch to the wall Naruto landed on Sasuke, that page where their attacks collided was simply amazing, and I was saddened to see what happens to their arms, but I'm interested in seeing what happens in The Last.

Oh yeah, something I noticed in this fight.

This was the first time Naruto ever formed the Rasengan with one hand.

I feel like there was one time earlier against fake Itachi where he might have done that, but for the rest of the series he either used clones or chakra hands.

So that was a nice bit of growth to see.

He did it last chapter and I THINK he's been able to for a while. Just he still rather use clones.

And, as for moy source, I follow a tread on crunchyroll that shows the WSJ manga rankings, and they have the color pages listed for the next issue

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #50 (November 10th, 2014):

Naruto Chapter 699 (Lead CP)

Naruto Chapter 700 (Full Color, END)

Assassination Classroom (Cover, Center Color)

He did it last chapter and I THINK he's been able to for a while. Just he still rather use clones.

And, as for moy source, I follow a tread on crunchyroll that shows the WSJ manga rankings, and they have the color pages listed for the next issue

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #50 (November 10th, 2014):

Naruto Chapter 699 (Lead CP)[/size]

Naruto Chapter 700 (Full Color,[/size] [/size]

END)[/size]

Assassination Classroom (Cover, Center Color)[/size]

...the last chapter will be in full colour?

Well now~

The Last has a full movie trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94Nr363aWQ

Also, I keep reading that Naruto will end in the November 10 issue. Does that mean we're waiting two weeks, or do SJ issues have dates that aren't the actual release dates? 

Jump comes out Monday in Japan (and the US). When read the chapters, they are from copies obtained before the street date of the issue. So

Next Wed/Thru (11/5 or 11/6): Final chapter of Naruto will be online illegally

Next Monday (11/10): Final chapter will be on sale legally

Also, gee, I wonder whats going to happen in the movie. Also, REALLY hope the movie isn't the closing for the series since that would SUCK for western fans. We'll know if the final chapter happens before or after the time period the movie is going to be set in.

The Last has a full movie trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94Nr363aWQ

Wait, so does this mean... NaruHina wins?

................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................................

AWWW YEEEAAAAHHHH!!! GG

It'll feel strange to just have one single more Naruto chapter to come. It's just been around for so long.

I support Naruto x Hinata. Sakura screwed up way too much. Her spotlight near the end saving Naruto and stuff doesn't really make up for it IMO. Though it made her more bearable again for a while I guess.....

Hinata deserves it all the way. So many years of not caring that he was disliked in the village, and never really hesitating to continue on with her feelings, I mean, Hinata withstood watching Naruto try to shamelessly hit on Sakura for years, and I think that is an achievement on itself. Among other smaller things that'd usually help break a person's idealized crush image, like loudly farting in public while being the center of attention, just to name something.

So this upcoming episode is mostly gonna be the world getting back to normal I suppose. It'll be amusing to see.

It'll feel strange to just have one single more Naruto chapter to come. It's just been around for so long.

I support Naruto x Hinata. Sakura screwed up way too much. Her spotlight near the end saving Naruto and stuff doesn't really make up for it IMO. Though it made her more bearable again for a while I guess.....

Hinata deserves it all the way. So many years of not caring that he was disliked in the village, and never really hesitating to continue on with her feelings, I mean, Hinata withstood watching Naruto try to shamelessly hit on Sakura for years, and I think that is an achievement on itself. Among other smaller things that'd usually help break a person's idealized crush image, like loudly farting in public while being the center of attention, just to name something.

So this upcoming episode is mostly gonna be the world getting back to normal I suppose. It'll be amusing to see.

Two, two chapters. Ha ha ha.

Seriously though, we have two chapters incoming, not 1.

Main reason I don't care about NaruHina is because the two have hardly interacted. She has had a total of two scenes with him (important ones I'll grant you), but outside of that they have done anything with the relationship other than have her watch him from the shadows. Thats not a compelling enough reason for me to care about them. I honestly like how Naruto and Sakura played off each other through out the series, though her blind devotion to Sasuke means that that relationship is unlikely to happen. Meh, I'd be fine with Hinata, just wish they did more with their relationship.

Also, gee, I wonder whats going to happen in the movie. Also, REALLY hope the movie isn't the closing for the series since that would SUCK for western fans. We'll know if the final chapter happens before or after the time period the movie is going to be set in.

Nah, I'm pretty sure The Last is similar to DBZ Battle of Gods where it takes place in an in-between period of the last arc and the epilogue.

I think I accidentally got spoiled on something today that would indicate that is the case, but I won't say.

Be careful browsing DeviantART today.

09ce90fea320ec82c665030f87e1354414150449

Laughed more than I should have at people calling him Sas-que

A poncho...

That's silly.

Are the chapters coming tomorrow or Thursday, anyone know?

Nah, I'm pretty sure The Last is similar to DBZ Battle of Gods where it takes place in an in-between period of the last arc and the epilogue.

I think I accidentally got spoiled on something today that would indicate that is the case, but I won't say.

Be careful browsing DeviantART today.

A poncho...

That's silly.

Are the chapters coming tomorrow or Thursday, anyone know?

I'm assuming the raw scans are out and people reacting to it already.

I've gotten to the point where I think Thru is the default, but Wed is possible. I think Thru is more likely.

I honestly like how Naruto and Sakura played off each other through out the series, though her blind devotion to Sasuke means that that relationship is unlikely to happen. Meh, I'd be fine with Hinata, just wish they did more with their relationship.

I'll agree that more interaction between the two to deepen their potential relationship together would have been grand and a good idea. But then again this is a Shonen manga after all. It's meant for pre-teen to teenage boys who really aren't going to want to read about that kind of stuff or at least try to pretend they aren't interested in it.

I'm the same though. If he got with Sakura I'd be happy that Naruto finally got to be with the girl he's been in love with; flip-side for if Naruto goes with Hinata.

A poncho...

That's silly.

*cocks eyebrow*

Yah got a pro'lem with ponchos? just kidding of coarse . . . .

I did use to ship NaruSaku back in the day, mainly for the reasons you guys stated that they did have more interaction and them growing up together would make for a good romance, considering what they've been through.

But I do feel Naruto's interactions with Hinata meant a lot too. Hinata's also helped Naruto settle his doubts, whether it was fighting Neji at the Chunin exam, reminding him of his values in the face of despair of Obito and the Jubi, or even coming to his aid fighting Pain when no one else could.

It's just a shame because no matter who wins, a lot of people are gonna be pissed and write off the series because Naruto ended up with the "wrong" girl.

I'd rather people not let one aspect of the finale ruin the whole thing for them, you know? Or at least let it be filed under series that had an awesome journey despite an unideal ending.

I did use to ship NaruSaku back in the day, mainly for the reasons you guys stated that they did have more interaction and them growing up together would make for a good romance, considering what they've been through.

But I do feel Naruto's interactions with Hinata meant a lot too. Hinata's also helped Naruto settle his doubts, whether it was fighting Neji at the Chunin exam, reminding him of his values in the face of despair of Obito and the Jubi, or even coming to his aid fighting Pain when no one else could.

It's just a shame because no matter who wins, a lot of people are gonna be pissed and write off the series because Naruto ended up with the "wrong" girl.

I'd rather people not let one aspect of the finale ruin the whole thing for them, you know? Or at least let it be filed under series that had an awesome journey despite an unideal ending.

At times like these it makes me wonder why the author doesn't make two endings.

At times like these it makes me wonder why the author doesn't make two endings.

For all we know, that's what The Last Movie is o3o

I feel like that'd cheapen the whole thing, I dunno. Like a copout.

I'd rather get an ending I didn't want and have it be the proper closure than have two separate endings. 

And from the author's viewpoint, he/she shouldn't care if people are angry over the ending. At the end of the day, this was Kishi's story and he told it the way he wanted to (at least I'm hoping). And if people have a problem with that, I mean, that's kinda their problem, you know?

But that's just my two cents.

I'll agree that more interaction between the two to deepen their potential relationship together would have been grand and a good idea. But then again this is a Shonen manga after all. It's meant for pre-teen to teenage boys who really aren't going to want to read about that kind of stuff or at least try to pretend they aren't interested in it.

I'm the same though. If he got with Sakura I'd be happy that Naruto finally got to be with the girl he's been in love with; flip-side for if Naruto goes with Hinata.

Fair point on this being a shonen series and those don't really do much with romance to begin with. Again, just wish they interacted more.

And thats the reason why I would want Naruto to end up with Sakura, thats what he wanted. You tend to want what the characters want if things are done well. Though, again, at this point he seems to have accepted that it won't happen, which is really big of him given how long he's had a thing for her.

Honestly, I don't think that many people will pissed at the ending because of who Naruto ends up with. Again, it is a shonen series and the romance as a whole hasn't really turned up more than a few times.

I've always supported NarutoxHinata but I feel like that actually happening would be a complete asspull at this point in terms of plot.

At least Kishi TRIED to do something more with it when Neji died. Though I do agree on some level since when she confesed her feelings WAY back during the Pain arc NOTHING was done about it. See, its in a weird place where Naruto is likely going to need to end up with someone and his two options are either not developed enough as a love interest or much more interested in someone else. At this point I think the Hinata ending will be less stupid simply because of Sakura's blind love for Sasuke.

Archived