Naruto

As a chapter 699 was the "close" of Naruto. 700 is just epilogue stuff. Honestly, I was just expecting wrap up, and thats what all this is. It would have been nice to have MORE but they really could only fit so much in the 20 or so pages when they had so many characters to check in on. I think the biggest ommision might have been Hawk, but thats really w/e.

Over all chapter 699 is a good final chapter and 700 is just fanservicey stuff. I mean, the One Piece logo showed up. That honestly got a laugh out of me. And, on that note, look for other manga paying tribute to Naruto ending. One Piece's cover has a few shout outs.

We are getting a short spin off next year, so we'll hopefully get to see more of this new world and what not. Honestly, the only thing that tripped me up was the skyscrappers.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ending was really meh, nothing interesting at all.

I'll agree Chapter 700 was more meh than anything. Not bad, mind you, but still left me feeling empty.

And not the kind of empty you feel once you end a good manga and are sad it's over. Nope, the empty feeling you get and go, "T-That's it?"

Wow. So disappointing. Terrible names and terrible ending. I can see them expanding the village, but with skyscrapers? :/

Naruto owns a computer now... that really pissed me off.

Uh I think the skyscrapers are the actual world outside of the ninja village. So basically the world has grown and modernized around this little specific area that has remained the same for . . . uh . . .

Do we even have a rough estimate of the time lapse?

Why does Naturo owning a computer piss you off?

It would have been nice to have MORE but they really could only fit so much in the 20 or so pages when they had so many characters to check in on.

Over all Chapter 700 is just fanservicey stuff.

I wonder why we couldn't have a longer chapter if we're at the epilogue? But yeah I'll agree it's basically fan service stuff and some of the names I think were thought up on the spot instead of planned out.

I'll agree Chapter 700 was more meh than anything. Not bad, mind you, but still left me feeling empty.

And not the kind of empty you feel once you end a good manga and are sad it's over. Nope, the empty feeling you get and go, "T-That's it?"

I wonder why we couldn't have a longer chapter if we're at the epilogue? But yeah I'll agree it's basically fan service stuff and some of the names I think were thought up on the spot instead of planned out.

I can agree with 700 feeling kind of empty. Again, thats why I'm choosing to focus on 699 as the ending of the series. Even with more space, all they could have done with it was cute to more characters and maybe show a little more character interaction. Like, each character got under a page so even at double the size they would have gotten like a page each which still isn't much.

I was wondering about the time jump myself. Way I figure it the kids should be a bit younger than when Naruto started, so around lets say they are around 10. Lets assume like the kids were born when the parents were around 22 as a low to 27 as a high, so between 5 and 10 years. That would put the time jump for it around 15-20. Based on the Earthkage not being dead I'll lean closer to 15.

I was wondering about the time jump myself. Way I figure it the kids should be a bit younger than when Naruto started, so around lets say they are around 10. Lets assume like the kids were born when the parents were around 22 as a low to 27 as a high, so between 5 and 10 years. That would put the time jump for it around 15-20. Based on the Earthkage not being dead I'll lean closer to 15.

So at an estimate of about roughly 15 years the world has gone from the Naruto we've known, steam trains and what not, to skyscrapers.

chef_bot___does_not_compute__by_giframa-

So at an estimate of about roughly 15 years the world has gone from the Naruto we've known, steam trains and what not, to skyscrapers.

chef_bot___does_not_compute__by_giframa-

Honestly, thats all I got. I mean, unless Ōnoki is just immortal since he was 79 during the war I can't see a time line that allows him to still be alive and that level of tech to have become a thing.

Dammit Sakura keep your thirsty ass under control. 

Anyway, do you people read Naruto?  Like, did you just start reading last week?   

-The names in Naruto have always been this stupid.

-They've always had modern technology, Kishi is just an inconsistent writer.  

Only the thing that bothered me was the new Raikage's mustache.  That didn't work. 

Dammit Sakura keep your thirsty ass under control. 

Anyway, do you people read Naruto?  Like, did you just start reading last week?   

-The names in Naruto have always been this stupid.

-They've always had modern technology, Kishi is just an inconsistent writer.  

Only the thing that bothered me was the new Raikage's mustache.  That didn't work.

Fair point about the tech. And yea, I was just looking to see who the Kage were and I noticed in and was like, that looks horrible.

Uh I think the skyscrapers are the actual world outside of the ninja village. So basically the world has grown and modernized around this little specific area that has remained the same for . . . uh . . .

Why does Naturo owning a computer piss you off?

Well it didn't like piss me off to the point of throwing my phone or anything lol. It was just annoying and kinda screwed with the flavor of the villages in a rural esque setting. Even if they were modernized, it would still be way too soon for that stuff.

So much disappoint in this thread .___.
I loved the ending. Although, I basically am a Naruto fanboy at heart, so it'd be hard for me to not be satisfied.
[spoiler=699]
That was nice. Kakashi becoming 6th for like a second was funny/cool and I did figure Sasuke would get a break from his contributions in the war.
And Sasuke's whole monologue there reminded me of when Vegeta put aside his hubris in DBZ. It was touching to see him and Naruto exchange the headband at the end as well as poking Sakura on the forehead like Itachi did back in the day.

[spoiler=700]
I'm doing bit by bit reaction here, this is the sendoff to my favorite series after all.
Page 1
SHINO IS LEVAR BURTON.
AND PULLING A READING RAINBOW BY TEACHING KIDS.
I LOVE IT.
Poor guy though, always interrupted...
Page 2
Whup, there they are. The kids.
We got a NaruHina boy, SasuSaku girl and ShikaTema boy off the bat.
Bolt isn't a bad name, though I can see it being made fun of. I see it as a way of paying homage to his dad.
Though apparently his name is Boruto in Japanese according to Manga Stream...
Supporting the main 3 pairings right off the bat, nice!
Page 3
NO WAY.
NO
CHOJI AND KARUI?
THAT IS SO RANDOM I LOVE IT.
Seriously though, I always saw people ship KibaxKarui, so this was just funny to me.
And InoSai makes sense. He looks a little Albino with his bright eyes and hair contrasting with his skin like that, but that's not a bad thing.
Anko got fat, huh...
Also, while the Team 10 names are pretty derivative too, that fits with their clans. Team 10's dads were Shikaku, Inoichi, and Choza after all.
Page 5
That little girl is adorable.
Himawari's a cute name.
AND F*CK YEAH LITTLE LEE, FEEL THAT YOUTHFUL VIGOR!
Page 6
Still getting the shaft, eh Tenten? At least you got to keep the Rikudo Sage's weapons, that's cool.
Also, it figures there would be some sort of crush with the NaruHina and SasuSaku kid =P
Page 7
Theeere's Temari. Roxas must be throwing a fit right now.
Gaara looks good with combed hair. 
And that is probably my favorite facial look for Kankuro. He looks kinda cool tbh.
Page 8
Kiba looks cool. And he's sweet-talking a girl by bringing up him and Naruto again. Good for him.
Nice to see Akamaru's still alive and messing with him. 
Considering how often Kiba brings up Naruto, I hope they're real bros.
Page 9
Shame Choji gets a half line for the whole chapter, but he looks good with that goatee. Ino surprisingly doesn't look that different, I figured her Last Movie design would be a better fit at this point in time.
Page 10
Oh right, Asuma's kid. He turned out well!
Page 11
Guy never recovered, huh...
Well, he certainly went out in a blaze of glory. I would consider that going out on a win.
Also, anyone else besides me wanting to see Kakashi and Guy's Excellent Adventure made?
And wow, Onoki's still alive...how far in the future is this exactly?
I think it's cool that ex-Kages are buds like this.

Page 12

Killer Bee looks rad.

And I find it funny that Naruto's using a Mac. Glad he's still eating ramen too, some things never change.

Page 13

Shikamaru also looking good with a goatee. Glad he turned out to be Naruto's advisor. And is that Shizune?

I found it really funny that Udon and Moegi are looking to be the next Homura and Koharu (the elders).

Page 14 

Gotta love that coming full circle.

Page 15

I'm happy you learned Shunshin, Naruto.

Page 16

Hey Iruka. 

Sup Kono

Page 17

I'm sensing future fanfics characterizing Bolt to have slight resentment towards his dad.

But I'm more optimistic, Obama seems to spend time with his twin daughters.

Page 18

Lol, weird to see Konohamaru scolding. Also pretty sure he'll end up as Bolt's team leader.

Page 19

Hey Sakura, you're looking well.

>Salad

NO FREAKING WAY, REALLY??

That poor kid...

(I also really like her having glasses for some reason)

Page 20

Hey Sasuke.

You look good with long hair.

(also what are you doing)

Page 21

I liked this double-spread a lot. I didn't think about the other Kage, Darui, Chojuro and...Onoki's granddaughter (forget her name). But I'd say that's a good line-up and worthy successors. It'd be cool seeing a future side story where these 5 Kage interact more with one another.

Page 22

You did it, Naruto. And you joined the Straw Hats while you were at it.

You did good, kid. 

Nice to see a metropolis in the works and a promising future on the horizon. And that Kurama's doing his thing.

The only loose end that I can think of for now is Orochimaru, Kabuto and Team Taka. Don't know what happened to them.

But otherwise, this finale satisfied me. I love seeing kids and peaceful endings and stuff like that.

Naruto, you had your flaws, but you've entertained me more to make up for it. I'm really going to miss this series.

2 questions

1. naruto is the father of Bolt and Salada right?

2. im so confused who did he married?  LOL

1. He's the father of both Bolt and Himawari, the little girl with Hinata at Neji's grave. Salada is Sasuke and Sakura's daughter.

2. He married Hinata.

So much disappoint in this thread .___.

I loved the ending. Although, I basically am a Naruto fanboy at heart, so it'd be hard for me to not be satisfied.

[spoiler=699]

That was nice. Kakashi becoming 6th for like a second was funny/cool and I did figure Sasuke would get a break from his contributions in the war.

And Sasuke's whole monologue there reminded me of when Vegeta put aside his hubris in DBZ. It was touching to see him and Naruto exchange the headband at the end as well as poking Sakura on the forehead like Itachi did back in the day.

[spoiler=700]

Page 2

Whup, there they are. The kids.

We got a NaruHina boy, SasuSaku girl and ShikaTema boy off the bat.

Bolt isn't a bad name, though I can see it being made fun of. I see it as a way of paying homage to his dad.

Though apparently his name is Boruto in Japanese according to Manga Stream...

Supporting the main 3 pairings right off the bat, nice!

Page 3

NO WAY.

NO

CHOJI AND KARUI?

THAT IS SO RANDOM I LOVE IT.

Seriously though, I always saw people ship KibaxKarui, so this was just funny to me.

And InoSai makes sense. He looks a little Albino with his bright eyes and hair contrasting with his skin like that, but that's not a bad thing.

Anko got fat, huh...

Also, while the Team 10 names are pretty derivative too, that fits with their clans. Team 10's dads were Shikaku, Inoichi, and Choza after all.

Page 5

That little girl is adorable.

Himawari's a cute name.

AND F*CK YEAH LITTLE LEE, FEEL THAT YOUTHFUL VIGOR!

Page 6

Still getting the shaft, eh Tenten? At least you got to keep the Rikudo Sage's weapons, that's cool.

Also, it figures there would be some sort of crush with the NaruHina and SasuSaku kid =P

Page 8

Kiba looks cool. And he's sweet-talking a girl by bringing up him and Naruto again. Good for him.

Nice to see Akamaru's still alive and messing with him. 

Considering how often Kiba brings up Naruto, I hope they're real bros.

Page 9

Shame Choji gets a half line for the whole chapter, but he looks good with that goatee. Ino surprisingly doesn't look that different, I figured her Last Movie design would be a better fit at this point in time.

Page 10

Oh right, Asuma's kid. He turned out well!

Page 11

Guy never recovered, huh...

Well, he certainly went out in a blaze of glory. I would consider that going out on a win.

Also, anyone else besides me wanting to see Kakashi and Guy's Excellent Adventure made?

And wow, Onoki's still alive...how far in the future is this exactly?

I think it's cool that ex-Kages are buds like this.

Page 12

Killer Bee looks rad.

And I find it funny that Naruto's using a Mac. Glad he's still eating ramen too, some things never change.

Page 13

Shikamaru also looking good with a goatee. Glad he turned out to be Naruto's advisor. And is that Shizune?

I found it really funny that Udon and Moegi are looking to be the next Homura and Koharu (the elders).

Page 21

I liked this double-spread a lot. I didn't think about the other Kage, Darui, Chojuro and...Onoki's granddaughter (forget her name). But I'd say that's a good line-up and worthy successors. It'd be cool seeing a future side story where these 5 Kage interact more with one another.

Page 22

You did it, Naruto. And you joined the Straw Hats while you were at it.

You did good, kid. 

Nice to see a metropolis in the works and a promising future on the horizon. And that Kurama's doing his thing.

The only loose end that I can think of for now is Orochimaru, Kabuto and Team Taka. Don't know what happened to them.

But otherwise, this finale satisfied me. I love seeing kids and peaceful endings and stuff like that.

Naruto, you had your flaws, but you've entertained me more to make up for it. I'm really going to miss this series.

Yea, I don't get the disappointment either. Again, what else did you expect?

As said, I really liked chapter 699. It serves as a good close to the series.

[spoiler=700]

I'll note it here, but a minor change that would have been really nice is to have Naruto with Hinata when she was freed. It wouldn't have been much, but I think it would have done a lot.

Also, anyone else think glasses girl was Karin's kid? It wouldn't make any sense for obvious reasons, but the way her face is drawn made my mind go to her.

Choji's love interst was one of the more random things we got in this. Also feels weird to get that and not Lees

I wish Tenten and Kiba got a better close. Poor Tenten, useless, even at the very end.

I thought Asuma's kid was a she.

Onoki being alive is WEIRD. Dude would have to be like 94 at the minimum.

Bee's character design was really cool.

I had no idea who those two were. Like, I didn't remember them AT ALL. Weird they got into the final chapter.

Also didn't know who the Kage were, though when I looked again it wasn't that hard to figure out.

I really enjoyed the One Piece nod at the end. Its like, "if you don't already, go read One Piece."

Agree that Hawk was the one thing I would have wanted to see more of. They were pretty important characters so them not being anywhere outside of small backround characters on a two pages spread.

SHIKATEMA CONFIRMED YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES MORE SHIKADAI PLEASE.

*Ahem*

So yeah, 699 was good for resolving the story, and I liked how 700 served as an epilogue. It was kind of like what happened in Harry Potter. Looking forward to the short series about the kids, and I especially love the new Ino-Shika-Cho. I'm kind of hoping that Konohamaru is their teacher, since he's the nephew of their parents' teacher, and I also want to see more of Asuma and Kurenai's daughter. Basically, I need more of Hiruzen's grandkids. Speaking of which, Hiruzen, Minato, and Kakashi were pretty much the only Hokages who weren't Senjus. Naruto may be an Uzumaki, but he still counts as a Senju.

As for Boruto's name, if we went with Bolt, then Naruto's name should be Nalt. Besides, think about it. Minato -> Naruto -> Boruto. It makes sense.

[spoiler=700]

I'll note it here, but a minor change that would have been really nice is to have Naruto with Hinata when she was freed. It wouldn't have been much, but I think it would have done a lot.

Also, anyone else think glasses girl was Karin's kid? It wouldn't make any sense for obvious reasons, but the way her face is drawn made my mind go to her.

Nahh that'd be odd.

I'd hope Sasuke would know the golden rule of not putting his dick in crazy.

Choji's love interst was one of the more random things we got in this. Also feels weird to get that and not Lees

I thought maybe Tenten could've been the mom but I'm fine with seeing Lee have a son who does training with him. It made me smile.

I wish Tenten and Kiba got a better close. Poor Tenten, useless, even at the very end.

I'm alright with Kiba. Him talking big to a random chick fits him to a T xD

I thought Asuma's kid was a she.

She is, my mistake.

Onoki being alive is WEIRD. Dude would have to be like 94 at the minimum.

This is true.

Bee's character design was really cool.

This is very true.

I'd say he has the coolest-looking design, idk.

I had no idea who those two were. Like, I didn't remember them AT ALL. Weird they got into the final chapter.

Also didn't know who the Kage were, though when I looked again it wasn't that hard to figure out.

I really enjoyed the One Piece nod at the end. Its like, "if you don't already, go read One Piece."

That and Oda's chapter cover were really great to see.

Agree that Hawk was the one thing I would have wanted to see more of. They were pretty important characters so them not being anywhere outside of small backround characters on a two pages spread.

Replies in spoiler. And yeah, though they could easily be addressed in one of those side stories or maybe in The Last.

Somewhere there's some guy who shipped Choji and Karui who is on cloud 9 right now.  "I TOLD YOU IT WOULD HAPPEN."

I will tip my biggest tophat to the one crack-shipper who actually got their ship sailing.

I really want to find someone who legit shipped those two before today.

SHIKATEMA CONFIRMED YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES MORE SHIKADAI PLEASE.

*Ahem*

So yeah, 699 was good for resolving the story, and I liked how 700 served as an epilogue. It was kind of like what happened in Harry Potter. Looking forward to the short series about the kids, and I especially love the new Ino-Shika-Cho. I'm kind of hoping that Konohamaru is their teacher, since he's the nephew of their parents' teacher, and I also want to see more of Asuma and Kurenai's daughter. Basically, I need more of Hiruzen's grandkids. Speaking of which, Hiruzen, Minato, and Kakashi were pretty much the only Hokages who weren't Senjus. Naruto may be an Uzumaki, but he still counts as a Senju.

As for Boruto's name, if we went with Bolt, then Naruto's name should be Nalt. Besides, think about it. Minato -> Naruto -> Boruto. It makes sense.

I liked Harry Potter's epilogue despite everyone being meh to it. I like these types of things.

Now that you mention it, he would be more fitting as their sensei.

Bolt, Salad (is it Sarada? cuz that's miles better) and maybe Lee Jr. will be a team under...

uh

Can't actually think of anybody.

Replies in spoiler. And yeah, though they could easily be addressed in one of those side stories or maybe in The Last.

I will tip my biggest tophat to the one crack-shipper who actually got their ship sailing.

I liked Harry Potter's epilogue despite everyone being meh to it. I like these types of things.

Bolt, Salad (is it Sarada? cuz that's miles better) and maybe Lee Jr. will be a team under...

uh

699 was really well done. He should have taken a little more time tho. Compared to the Obito fight Maguya was in and out. Orochimaru reformed as a person? I feel another 50-70 chapters would have been nice. Ending on 777 would have made my day. 699 nearly made me cry, my a third of my childhood manga just ended. The other two aren't long either. 700 is w/e

Agree. Honestly, most of the final arc was kind of a let down with only the Sasuke and Naruto fight really pulling it back. Dragging it out would have only caused more problems.

That is for the following reasons.

1)Kaguya, the god, went down really easily. Black Zetsu and his mother were the Aizen of the story and they went down really pitifully. Kaguya should have perm converted some of the Allied force, people should have been lost forever, like important people.

2) Obito, my stance on him has changed, he really did pull through towards the end, my one request would have been as he as dissolving to Kamui  to swap Kakashi's eyes and die with a catch phrase, like now the legacy of the Uchiha rests in your hands my friend

3) Madara should have been the one to kill Kaguya

4) Sasuke should have done more with his power. He should have controlled the Hokage or something along those lines. I think a really cool fight that could have worked is Hashirama +Naruto vs Madara +Sasuke.

5) Naruto should have died with Sasuke and Saskura at his side, idk how but it should have happened

6) OROCHIMARU 

uh

Yeah, I want to know who came up with ChoKaru, and applaud them.

This and the Harry Potter epilogue are at least better than the Digimon 02 epilogue, though that doesn't say much.

1)Kaguya, the god, went down really easily. Black Zetsu and his mother were the Aizen of the story and they went down really pitifully. Kaguya should have perm converted some of the Allied force, people should have been lost forever, like important people.

2) Obito, my stance on him has changed, he really did pull through towards the end, my one request would have been as he as dissolving to Kamui  to swap Kakashi's eyes and die with a catch phrase, like now the legacy of the Uchiha rests in your hands my friend

4) Sasuke should have done more with his power. He should have controlled the Hokage or something along those lines. I think a really cool fight that could have worked is Hashirama +Naruto vs Madara +Sasuke.

5) Naruto should have died with Sasuke and Saskura at his side, idk how but it should have happened

6) OROCHIMARU

Out of all of those, only Kaguya and Orochimaru are sensible complaints.

6) OROCHIMARU

Honestly it starts and ends with Kaguya. She was just a WEAK villian who came from nowhere. Nothing about her was interesting and as such I kind of stopped caring for a while. Obito and Madara had problems, but things had been built up around them and it had my attention. Once she went down things got a ton better.

Yeah, I want to know who came up with ChoKaru, and applaud them.

This and the Harry Potter epilogue are at least better than the Digimon 02 epilogue, though that doesn't say much.

Out of all of those, only Kaguya and Orochimaru are sensible complaints.

Killing the main character makes a manga end with a really emotional and memorable end

Err what I meant was that Hashirama and Madara should have had a legit fight similar to Sasuke and Naruto

Kaguyua, IDK, we still don't know who the man on the cliff was

I dislike obito returning to life, he died a hero and the spirit crap was stupid

idk up 2 u

Killing the main character makes a manga end with a really emotional and memorable end

Err what I meant was that Hashirama and Madara should have had a legit fight similar to Sasuke and Naruto

Kaguyua, IDK, we still don't know who the man on the cliff was

I dislike obito returning to life, he died a hero and the spirit crap was stupid

idk up 2 u

Naruto was never the kind of series where they would kill the lead. It works in some stories, not here.

The story clearly set up the idea that they were the old guard and it was time for the new one (Naruto and Sasuke) to take over.

Pretty sure your talking abuot the scene where Hashirama kills Madara and if so, that was Zetsu.

I take it your against him having been one of the final big bads? Which is fair. Most people thing him giving Karachi his eyes one last time was weird, but meh.

Naruto was never the kind of series where they would kill the lead. It works in some stories, not here.

The story clearly set up the idea that they were the old guard and it was time for the new one (Naruto and Sasuke) to take over.

Pretty sure your talking abuot the scene where Hashirama kills Madara and if so, that was Zetsu.

I take it your against him having been one of the final big bads? Which is fair. Most people thing him giving Karachi his eyes one last time was weird, but meh.

Naruto loves, Sakura, not Hinata, him dying would make Sasusake that much better

Ok fair enough, but atleast make the final convo between him and Madara a bit more than 3 pages

No, there is a scene in the ice world when there is a man watching Sasuke and Naruto fight Kaguya

No, I liked him as a final bad. I mean after he saves Naruto Sasuke and Kakashi, he should have stayed dead, and given his eyes to Kakashi in a different manner

Archived