Naruto

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you rank and/or rate all of the Naruto arcs? My rankings would be something like this (I'm only rankings the ones I remember):

Sasuke Retrieval

Hidan/Kakuzu

Chunin Exams/Invasion of Konoha

Search for Itachi

Land of the Waves

Pain Invasion

The First Arc of Shippuden (I can't remember the name.)

Kate Summit

Fourth Great Ninja War

Johan, I was originally going to just move your thread over to the Anime & Manga forum, but that would just mean there would be two different Naruto threads when one would be enough.

As for your question, I generally feel that Shippuden was better than Part 1. My favorite arc is hands down the Invasion of Pain arc, though I haven't sorted out the rest of the arcs beyond that.

Favorite arcs?

Probably Chunin Exams from Naruto and Pain Invasion from Shippuden.

Former had interesting new characters that advanced the plot, plus Gaara was a fun villain. Pain really increased the stakes and had a lot of badass moments from Naruto. And it had crazy moves that were still plausible before the series turned all DBZ.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of news today.
1. Boruto is getting his own manga in Shonen Jump starting Spring 2016 and it'll have monthly chapters instead of weekly. It'll be supervised by Kishimoto with Mikio Ikemoto (previous art assistant on Naruto) doing art and Ukyō Kodachi (Naruto - Gaara Hiden: Sajingensō novel, Boruto -Naruto the Movie- screenplay cooperation) writing the script.

2. Kishimoto will do a Boruto one-shot in Spring 2016.

3. The Itachi light novels are getting an anime adaptation. Not sure if they'll be OVAs or a short 1-2 cour thing.

I didn't think there'd be a sequel manga, so that's interesting. Not sure how I feel about the art though.

God DAMN IT!

Well, at least it is going to have more time to develop a more sensible plot instead of one that ends up having a lot of funking plot holes.

Anyone remember the crow Itachi gave to Naruto that was supposed to help when he met up with Sasuke again?

No?

Neither did Kishimoto!!

... yes he did

the crow came back out of his mouth against Itachi. It broke Kabuto's control over his corpse, allowing all of Itachi's actions. Itachi figured Sasuke would take hsi eyes for EMS, so it responded to his corpse eyes.

Yeah, they explained that. Naruto does have its fair share of plot holes, but most of those result from retcons and inconsistencies rather than dangling plot threads.

I'm not against spin-off and sequel material, I'm just not expecting them to match the main series' quality. If I'm wrong, then that's a pleasant surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like how they're going more into detail with the show than they did in the Manga. Kinda ironic. Lol.

Gamamaru was kinda cute. I never would have thought Gamamaru was that damn old. Well I know he's old as dirt, but didn't think he was that old.

I figured he may have been around a little before Hashirama and Madara, but damn.

Kill me, but I actually enjoyed the Itachi arc. Some much-needed backstory there, imo.

I was fine with it too overall, just thought it was a bit of a rude interruption to the main story, especially after the Dream World bullshit.

This backstory with Kaguya was kind of interesting since the manga didn't really expand on her that much and there's some serious sequelbait being laid here for Boruto's anime.

But hopefully now they'll just march on ahead with finishing the main story now.

• 3 months later...

So there are two episodes coming out this week that are going to cover the fight between Naruto and Sasuke. I'm guessing the first half of the first episode will be Sasuke explaining his perspective on being Hokage and then the rest of the broadcast will be the fight.

[spoiler=The episode preview]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkUhZ9fUz8

[spoiler=About the preview]

It's interesting that it's in black and white...but I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand, it's a cool homage to the manga, it's like the pages coming to life. But I feel like I want the anime to make the fight as vibrant and epic as possible and I'm wondering if some of the fight's impact will be lost without color. I already saw this fight in black and white, so I'd like to see a great animated version of it. But I'll try keeping an open mind.

EDIT: Never mind, it'll be in color.

New opening and ending too, that's interesting!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Flash Flyer - Sakura, October 4, 2016 - Shitposting that he doesn't like certain series or otherwise unhelpful discussion contributions
Hidden by Flash Flyer - Sakura, October 4, 2016 - Shitposting that he doesn't like certain series or otherwise unhelpful discussion contributions

Horrible animation in Naruto vs Sasuke last episodes

• 3 months later...

Watching the war arc again. I can't help but notice how easy things would have been without Kabuto. 

If Kabuto didn't offer to help Obito, Obito would have been assed out. All he would have had was an army of White Zetsu. He could absorb chakra and take for of the others, but in the end he would lose. 

Everyone would have tagged up against the easily defeated Obito. It didn't really take much for Naruto to bring him down. Now add Sasuke, Kakashi, The 5 Kage, and the rest of the army against Obito and the other 7 Jinchuuriki. I think things would have turned out a little different. 

Archived