Naruto

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a oneshot.

For the record, there's one other oneshot coming around the release of the Boruto movie that shows the day Naruto was inaugurated to be Hokage. But that and the movie are going to be the last Naruto stories written by Kishimoto. At least for now.

But there's no way Studio Pierrot will pass on doing a Naruto GT. So you can look forward to that announcement.

Soooo it turns out "the last movie" wasn't really the last movie huh?

I did not expect a Boruto movie though I guess the Gaiden manga doesn't focus on him pretty much at all.

First reaction to the other piece of news:
Adapting into live action? If so, most likely; eww. Though we'll see.

Hopefully animated right? Please say it'll be animated.

Lol you know it won't be.

Soooo it turns out "the last movie" wasn't really the last movie huh?

I did not expect a Boruto movie though I guess the Gaiden manga doesn't focus on him pretty much at all.

First reaction to the other piece of news:

Adapting into live action? If so, most likely; eww. Though we'll see.

The Last Naruto movie anyways, this movie's about Boruto  :Kappa:

I thought of something; shouldn't Konohamaru be training Inojin, Shikadai and Chocho?

I thought it was established that a Sarutobi trains every generation of the Ino-Shika-Cho trio and gives them the trademark earrings in a ceremony, or is it that a Sarutobi just has to be the one to hand out the earrings?

It is.

Which makes me think Mirai might be their leader.

I'm totally down with that.

(guess that means Sasuke will be Boruto's Jiraiya instead of his Kakashi)

Lee, Shikamaru and Kiba's teams are the ones I'd want to see most. And Naruto's.

I'm curious about these smaller details in the epilogue's timeskip. Stuff like teams, if Naruto ever actually ascended ninja ranks before being Hokage, etc. I guess a 5th databook could come out at some point.

Or Naruto GT will fill that in for us :D

The day Naruto became Hokage.

http://readms.com/r/naruto/Special%20Gaiden/2893/1

[spoiler=So]

See, I knew Boruto and Himawari could unlock Byakugan!

Himawari knocking Naruto out was funny.

And judging by how the kids look, this must mean Chapter 700 took place shortly after this, so Naruto had only really been Hokage for a short time during the epilogue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the Boruto Movie today.

[spoiler=Full spoilers and thoughts inside]

That was great!

The movie had a good amount of comedy in there. Watching it with the audience helped enhance the experience from Boruto's team fighting the panda/bear to Sasuke making deadpan jabs at Boruto and so on. 

I thought it was pretty interesting that technology evolve to the extent you'd store jutsus, but I didn't expect it to be a major plot point. It turned out to be a metaphor for how technology is helping us make a lot more shortcuts than previous generations and the pros/cons of it, so I thought that was actually a cool point to make. 

I'd say the movie's weakest point was in its villains. They just weren't very interesting. But the fights with them were.

Seriously, the one scene with Susanoo Kurama fighting Momoshiki's golem thing sums up why I love anime.

And the Father-Son Rasengan was a nice touch for the ending. Gotta love the DBZ parallels.

also, funking knew it was Orochimaru. Knew it.

Overall, this was a great and fitting send-off to Naruto until we get Naruto GT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived