Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to change the subject,but one more thing about the newbies.

Honestly, I think that they shouldnt get bad comments/negs for not knowing what they were doing. Even though it is their fault that they didnt read the rules, we aughta at least TRY to be somewhat nice shouldnt we? So that way in the future we wont have to waste our time saying "Fail/10". And if they turn down our help, then just dont respond and dont start any arguements.

Im pretty sure thisll be my last post. Unless I happen to reply to another comment (which I doubt). Hopefully, I have fully stated my point (which is on every page lol). I will continue to help out the newbies and check out their threads, because I know most people wont.

Demand perfection.

Demand perfection from a newbie? Newbies are NEW. They dont know anything. The newbies are not gonna know what the heck to do because they probally dont even know the first thing about this site. Also' date=' if you would rather have a site full of "TALENTED MEMBERS" then why dont you help em out so they will be? You have no right to be mean to them because they are new unless they be mean to you first. Then you can "demand" your (insert words here).

Did I seriously say all that...?[hr']

"Respect is given until lost".

Definetly agreed.

Well, since people really do hate newbies for some reason or another, WHY do you hate them?

For all I know, you (talking to a newbie hater) could be probally be jealous because a newbie is better than you.

Why would you not help them? I dont see a reason why not to help them. And unlike most people, I respect others who are better than me at card-making. (off-topic sentence due to ranting.).

Also, a newbie is a newbie. So what? They are new, their first cards stunk. Im pretty darn sure most of our first cards stunk. Ill admit mine did. So why would you neg a newbie for trying? Why leave a bad comment to get your freaking post count up and be a 5 star member?

In my opinion, posting is a waste of time unless it is help or encouragement or a good comment.

Besides, is there any reason why we should say "You fail. GTFO"? No there isnt. And I dont think anyone could come up with a real one.

Since my ranting is taking its toll. I cant stop.

All members INCLUDING NEWBIES deserve respect. Period. Of course, most people dont think newbies whould deserve respect because they are "noobs".

It really is starting to make me angry seeing that 80% of all people on this site just click on a random newbie thread and say "fail/10".

Apparently most people ENJOY SEEING NEWBIES GET YELLED AT FOR TRYING TO MAKE A GREAT CARD AND STAND BY AND LAUGH THEIR HEADS OFF! WHY ELSE WOULD THEY LET IT HAPPEN AND JUST LEAVE A COMMENT SAYING "-2118932189/10 YOU FAIL GTFO".

..........why?.........Can anyone think up a REAL REASON? no they cannot.

I know I'm not even close to a mod, but I've been reading posts here for a long time and occasionally reviewing cards and there's one overused comment I'd like to see added to this rule.

"Bland effect"

If these guys think it's easy to come up with an original effect these days, I'd like to see them do better. So often, that's the only thing I see in the comments for an Effect Monster are the two words in quotes above.

As for the OCG thing, let's remember that we live in an age of spellchecking word processor programs. It's one thing not to word the text exactly the way it would be on an official Yugioh card, that's not a problem at least for me. However, it's quite another thing to not be able to spell simple words correctly, remember that capital letters start a sentence and periods end them, and where to put an apostrophe mark.

A lot of these mistakes are made by kids and people for whom English isn't their first language. I agree that we should be helping them, not ridiculing them. At the same time, I think a polite suggestion should be included in the rules that people spellcheck their card text before posting. If bad grammar and spelling can be nipped in the bud, then maybe the number of "Bad OCG" posts will go down.

Yea, I am kinda gettin sick of all the OCG comments as well. Yet still I wonder why people make such a big deal out of it. Like I said in my little metaphor on a previous post. You dnot have to have salt on the fries.

BUT WAIT. I made a typo, now they are all gonna down rate me by 2 because of a typo.

And believe it or not, that is partly true.

OCG shouldnt even be taken as a big deal anyways. People should just forget the fact theres a tiny unoticiable typo in the card. Besides, the only reason you would care about OCG is if it was a contest or something. However, they WILL down rate anyone because they have OCG errors. Like this:

Minor OCG errors

7/10 keep trying

WTH?? Keep trying? It was a perfectly good card except for a little typo and he down rates me by 3 because of a little typo...

Funny aint it.

I get really' date=' really mad seeing people saying "Fail 0/10" (etc.). It displeases me to see that any person commenting on the thread is a bad comment just to get their post count up (or something else). And of course, only people like me (such as the people commenting on this thread) would actually say "I'll help you out, You'll get better it just takes time to figure it out".[/i']

My bad for being frank about people's failings, then, when I should've been smothering them with hugs and kisses for bumbling along the road to irrelevance.

Helping is perfectly relevant. The way you worded it is irrelevant.

You know, I've come to the conclusion that my pic will never be original enough. My OCG will never ever be perfect and my effects will always be "bland." I think I'm just gonna stop posting the cards and just make them for me, that way the pic is always good the ocg may be missing one word but who cares.

No...

I will find a solution to all this.

Even if it causes forum hell. I will not put up with all this elitist stuff.

We'll find a solution. You know how that'd end' date=' Icy-boy.

[/quote']

Epic Quote in bold..

Darklinkx does have a point.. nothin will ever be perfect.. someone will always see a mistake... and pple will alway critisize... it's just plain human nature..

The pic can be fixed too.. if it absolutly lacks creativity.. suggest the member to find another one...OCG, PIcs and everything is like Hunter said easily fixed... Y make a big deal about it... no to mention guys(who do this) when u make a big deal about how imperfect a card is and fuss about it.. It only makes you look like total morons.... (seriously)... not to mention totaly jackazzez.... it's true.. everyone can see it.. but hey if all u newbie haters, and card critisizers like looking like idiots then it's fine.. every1 needs a good lol from you anyway..

To take a break from criticizing all the members who leave worthless comments about OCG, what about those members who leave things like "OMG! SO AWESOME! 90000/10!"

There is actually one member in particular (whose name eludes me, but I wouldn't post that here anyway) who I saw leave identical comments such as the one above on at least 3 or 4 different cards. It kind of looks like he didn't read the card at all, and is just looking for post count. :/

I've got nothing against give out high ratings, but comments like those don't help you improve either. I'd much rather see something like "I really love this card! 10/10, but... X and X seems a little confusing to me"

or

"Great card! 10/10! I especially like the part about..."

Although I think number ratings are overrated anyway.

[/rant]

I've seen those as well and i agree i think it's just for to increase post counts.. and even if the person didn't get a perfect 10/10

you should at least leave a preferable nice/serious but not mean comment... like say a person gets a 2/10 for a poor card.. u should list out whuts wrong so that person will kno and fix it later..

I usally leave ratings like

7/10 will rate again when u've updated or 6/10 until you update.. or something along that line...

But there are those new members who give high ranks to other members just because they have alot of cards. The picture sucks, its completely unoriginal, and the whole set took like 2 seconds to make. "OMG there are more than 10 cards!!! Infinity/10!!!"

It really makes me ****** mad and doesnt even help the people who made the cards in the first place. They see the high ratings and continue to make cards at that level because they dont think they did anything wrong.

You know' date=' I've come to the conclusion that my pic will never be original enough. My OCG will never ever be perfect and my effects will always be "bland." I think I'm just gonna stop posting the cards and just make them for me, that way the pic is always good the ocg may be missing one word but who cares.

[/quote']

Good Point. People will always find one mistake and make a big deal out of it.Of course, what im wondering right now is why they are making a big deal out of it. Its not like it HAS to be perfect.

One question: Whats the point of posting cards if you already know that people are going to critisize you for making one OCG error or typo or horrible pic or bland effect? You already know you aren't gonna get good ratings because people are obessing over OCG these days. Dont ask why. However, if you do find a good pic for your card, people will complain its overused.

Technically, no matter what you do, people will ALWAYS find something wrong and make a big deal out of it.

I am not saying we shouldnt post cards. Im saying we should post cards because we think they are good and if they dont like it, soooo sorry. They cant change your opinion and they also have no control over you. So dont feel bad if someone downrates the heck out of you for "overused pic" or something other than that.

You know' date=' I've come to the conclusion that my pic will never be original enough. My OCG will never ever be perfect and my effects will always be "bland." I think I'm just gonna stop posting the cards and just make them for me, that way the pic is always good the ocg may be missing one word but who cares.

[/quote']

Good Point. People will always find one mistake and make a big deal out of it.Of course, what im wondering right now is why they are making a big deal out of it. Its not like it HAS to be perfect.

One question: Whats the point of posting cards if you already know that people are going to critisize you for making one OCG error or typo or horrible pic or bland effect? You already know you aren't gonna get good ratings because people are obessing over OCG these days. Dont ask why. However, if you do find a good pic for your card, people will complain its overused.

Technically, no matter what you do, people will ALWAYS find something wrong and make a big deal out of it.

I am not saying we shouldnt post cards. Im saying we should post cards because we think they are good and if they dont like it, soooo sorry. They cant change your opinion and they also have no control over you. So dont feel bad if someone downrates the heck out of you for "overused pic" or something other than that.

Um. False. If people are making a big deal out of it, your card probably isn't as spectacular as you believe. :/

I've seen plenty of card that people have rated favorably, even with a few OCG errors. Unless you consider people rating you 8/10 because of OCG "making a big deal". Really, you go into it with such a defeatist attitude, you're not going to make a good card.

Hello.I know i am a noob but what the HELL is the problem with OCG i mean there isint 1 man/women in this world that knows english corectly ( dont event wana talk about OCG ) so whats the point??????? i just dont get it . its something like :

-Hi , is this your first day here ???

-Yes it is.

-How is your OCG???????

-Well it's a bit noobish.

-OMFG if you dont have a good OCG then how the f**k would you think i will give you a rate over 2/10 ?!? even if your a newbie?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

bytheway i am hungarian so my english isint very good )

[/quote']

Um. False. If people are making a big deal out of it, your card probably isn't as spectacular as you believe. :/

I've seen plenty of card that people have rated favorably, even with a few OCG errors. Unless you consider people rating you 8/10 because of OCG "making a big deal". Really, you go into it with such a defeatist attitude, you're not going to make a good card.

Um. Probally 20% of people posting on your card probally dont even play the game when you do. You know what words/terms to use. You'll know if the OCG is wrong or not. And when I say "Big Deal" I mean they'll always say theres an OCG error and will always comment on it, also (insert comment here) 7.5/10.

Also, its common if some people think your card sucks and some others dont. I don't mind good ratings, It just gets annoying when people say "Minor OCG errors" or some other brief phrase like "bland effect" and then rate you 6/10 or lower. It doesnt even accomplish anything except your post count and thats about it.

I dont know about you, but OCG doesnt really even matter to me. I never ever post anything about OCG unless its answering a question or correcting someone.

Also, I do listen to people's opinions. And once I get to a "your card sucks" comment. I usually say "whats so bad about it? I want you to prove how my card is bad."

I dont understand. The only things that matter to me on a card is the pic, the effect, and sometimes the name, but OCG...no thanks. I'll let others discuss this further. I'll take a break from ranting for a while.

[/quote']

Um. Probally 20% of people posting on your card probally dont even play the game when you do. You know what words/terms to use. You'll know if the OCG is wrong or not. And when I say "Big Deal" I mean they'll always say theres an OCG error and will always comment on it, also (insert comment here) 7.5/10.

Also, its common if some people think your card sucks and some others dont. I don't mind good ratings, It just gets annoying when people say "Minor OCG errors" or some other brief phrase like "bland effect" and then rate you 6/10 or lower. It doesnt even accomplish anything except your post count and thats about it.

I dont know about you, but OCG doesnt really even matter to me. I never ever post anything about OCG unless its answering a question or correcting someone.

Also, I do listen to people's opinions. And once I get to a "your card sucks" comment. I usually say "whats so bad about it? I want you to prove how my card is bad."

I dont understand. The only things that matter to me on a card is the pic, the effect, and sometimes the name, but OCG...no thanks. I'll let others discuss this further. I'll take a break from ranting for a while.

I played this game when it first came out. As in, when the only two starter's were Yugi's and Kaiba's. I stopped playing at around the time Joey's starter came out. I have not played this game in a long time. All the OCG I know I've learned by trial and error, as well as the OCG thread. The fact is, most opinions on this site aren't worth squat. That's one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped CC-ing. All the good raters have pretty much left.

Pics on cards are worthless. As long as they aren't pixilated, its more or less fine.

Archived