Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Special Discussion

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=If this is a game' date= then I've won it.]

chucki.png

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

On-Topic: Everyone, expect to see a "Elemental Hero Junk Magician Neos"

Its ATK/DEF will be somewhere between 4000 and 4800, and it's effect will be something like: "If you manage to summon this thing, you effectively win/[insert game-winning effect here]"

Dark Elemental Junk Hero Neos Magician Dragon

Dark Magician+Elemental Hero Neos+Junk Warrior+Stardust Dragon

9001/9001

When this card is summoned, add 5 'Forbidden One' Cards from the Ocean to your hand. Then, you can do a wheelie, say "That's game!" and laugh at your opponent.

Hey! That's a great idea! Automatic win.

Yusei never uses Fusions, though.

Hey! That's a great idea! Automatic win.

Yusei never uses Fusions' date=' though.

[/quote']

Jaden is the one who will do it.

Wow... How could he possibly do that? Over 4000?

That's possible alright. He uses a Heal Deck :D

But Villians using Heal Decks is very retarded.

Could Paradox be Kaiba?

In a 3 on 1' date=' the bad guy usually has some crazy number of Lifepoints, like 12,000 for example.

Kaiba'd use a D-Copter instead of a D-Wheel.

He has The Money. so of course he can.

Honestly, it looks like this movie is gonna suck. Honestly, I agree with everyone who says that this sounds too much like fanfiction. The plot so far is utter crap, too. Yusei has his Stardust Dragon stolen? I understand that's a good card and all, but jeez! Is it really worth traveling through time and fighting evil just to get a stinking card back?

Further, the movie's supposed to be in 3D. WTF?! This is anime!!! What could you possibly get out of making it 3D?! The characters will look like paper cutouts on a background! I'm sorry, but that is not worth increasing the price of a ticket.

If this comes stateside, I might buy a ticket, but only for the promo cards. Then, I'll go see another movie. If at all possible, I guess I'll just see the movie online. But it's not worth seeing in theaters (then again, neither was Transformers 2, yet I saw that and liked it).

Oh, and not to criticize Yu-Gi-Oh!'s concept r anything, but Paradox is looking to set the world down the path of destruction by going back in time? Dude, if you were really hell-bent on doing that, you wouldn't leave your plans to a card game based partly on chance. If you wanted to destroy the world using a game of Duel Monsters, why not find out a way to create a Duel Disk that makes the monsters on the cards real? ... Hmm... now there's an idea...

Honestly' date=' it looks like this movie is gonna suck. Honestly, I agree with everyone who says that this sounds too much like fanfiction. The plot so far is utter crap, too. Yusei has his Stardust Dragon stolen? I understand that's a good card and all, but [i']jeez![/i] Is it really worth traveling through time and fighting evil just to get a stinking card back?

Further, the movie's supposed to be in 3D. WTF?! This is anime!!! What could you possibly get out of making it 3D?! The characters will look like paper cutouts on a background! I'm sorry, but that is not worth increasing the price of a ticket.

If this comes stateside, I might buy a ticket, but only for the promo cards. Then, I'll go see another movie. If at all possible, I guess I'll just see the movie online. But it's not worth seeing in theaters (then again, neither was Transformers 2, yet I saw that and liked it).

Oh, and not to criticize Yu-Gi-Oh!'s concept r anything, but Paradox is looking to set the world down the path of destruction by going back in time? Dude, if you were really hell-bent on doing that, you wouldn't leave your plans to a card game based partly on chance. If you wanted to destroy the world using a game of Duel Monsters, why not find out a way to create a Duel Disk that makes the monsters on the cards real? ... Hmm... now there's an idea...

your lil rant can be put into something like this

It is a show based off of a CHILDREN'S card game

to me this actually looks less crap than the first movie and OVA

your lil rant can be put into something like this

It is a show based off of a CHILDREN'S card game

to me this actually looks less crap than the first movie and OVA

Well' date=' I get that, and no matter how corny the show is, I still like Yu-Gi-Oh. But I don't think Yu-Gi-Oh! was always intended for kids. In the first series anime by Toei Animation, Yami Yugi was evil as hell... and even with that, according to Yu-Gi-Oh Wikia, the violence was "toned down" from the manga. Also, that same first series focused much less on Duel Monsters. Even when dueling became the main focus, the second series anime (the one we all know in America) adds more duels than there were in the manga.

But who am I to blame them for appealing to a demographic?

@Brawler: If you had a card that was unique, and therefore worth quite a bit, while you yourself are poor, wouldn't you?

Oh. I didn't know that Yusei was poor. That kinda changes things. But I guess the plot doesn't have to be a masterwork; just as long as the duels are spectacular, I'm good.

Yusei's not poor now. He freaking saved the world and is King of freaking card games in the 5D's era >_>

Kekeke. Derp derp.

About the part about yusei getting back his Stardust Dragon, yeah, depends...

He uses Stardust Dragon to save the world. Of course he needs Stardust!

The only places I saw Yusei sleep were under a bridge, at friends' places and in a garage. He maindecks Sonic Chick and has been wearing the same clothes for three-quarter of the 84 episodes.

Not exactly the profile of a rich guy. But I assume that he doesn't like spending money except for friends or things he really needs.

The only places I saw Yusei sleep were under a bridge' date=' at friends' places and in a garage. He maindecks Sonic Chick and has been wearing the same clothes for three-quarter of the 84 episodes.

Not exactly the profile of a rich guy. But I assume that he doesn't like spending money except for friends or things he really needs.

[/quote']

No anime character changes his/her clothes, right? I don't think Jaden/Judai has changed out of his Slifer Red Jacket for anything except going to bed (and I don't think that YGO!GX shows any of that), and Yugi's had the same blue jacket and black undershirt for ages. But neither are poor. Therefore, Yusei doesn't have to be poor just because he never changes clothes.

For the record, I'd probably kill for a Stardust Dragon if I were in Yusei's shoes--it's an awesome card! But I don't exactly think that it's worth risking your life for unless the fate of the world is at stake (which it usually is, for one reason or another).

I've just started watching 5Ds (dubbed. *holds up flame shield*). It's pretty good, but I still think it's kinda stupid that Yusei leaves his disputes to duels. I mean, if someone threatened to steal your Duel Runner--a D-Wheel that you put your time and sweat into building from scratch, and that has a brand, spankin' new acceleration chip installed--and you were planning on using it to catch up with your archrival and take back a really good card that belongs to you, ya' wouldn't leave that to a card game partly based on chance. Again, I know the anime's trying to appeal to a certain demographic, but come on! I certainly wouldn't do that! As Kaiba says in Yu-Gi-Oh! R, "Screw the duel, I have money" (I think).

Tell me again, how is stardust dragon important to the world again? Now, if it was the egytian god cards, that would be a different story. But come on! It would make more sense that Paradox goes back in time, steals Yugi's God cards and other egytian artifacts, brings back Anubis to help him,then goes to the GX era, steals the Sacred beasts, then goes to the 5D's era to obtain the earthbounds and the infinity monsters and work world domination in that somehow. You know, I have just created a better plot then the movie's.

Tell me again' date=' how is stardust dragon important to the world again? Now, if it was the egytian god cards, that would be a different story. But come on! It would make more sense that Paradox goes back in time, steals Yugi's God cards and other egytian artifacts, brings back Anubis to help him,then goes to the GX era, steals the Sacred beasts, then goes to the 5D's era to obtain the earthbounds and the infinity monsters and work world domination in that somehow. You know, I have just created a better plot then the movie's.

[/quote']

excellent.jpg

I see no flows in your plan. Let's try it out.

I have a feeling that only yusei will defeat him :( reasons:

-Yusei is the only turbo duelist

-His "Stardust Dragon" got nicked again so hes gonna go after it...

-Paradox looks like Jack Atlas, so Paradox may be him because Jack also stole Yusei's Stardust Dragon, then got his butt kicked...

-And also if "Yugi" still has "Yami" in his puzzle then... THAT ROCKS.

[Wonder if there are any new cards that Yugi and Jaden has :)]

One of his monsters was revealed at the second movie trailer. It is like the compnation of Blue Eyes White Dragon' date=' Rainbow Dragon and Stardust Dragon. The dragon has Rainbow Dragon's face, Stardust Dragon's arm and the rest is Blue Eyes' with a black wing.

Oh Shi- O__O

[/quote']

Post a screenpic plz?

Archived