Why ragnarok1945 was banned.....Discuss

Trixter

Question

• Answers 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ragnarok posting nonsense every minute was the only thing keeping Realistic Cards alive' date=' then Realistic Cards is trash and deserves to die. Fortunately, that is not actually the case, and everyone in this topic is just over-dramatizing this. You know, the same way everything on this site is over-dramatized. You people treat everything like ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES.

So let's dispense with this dramatic nonsense and play Connect 4 instead.

.....O....

.....X.....

Your move, O.

Okay Crab Helmet I made my move. Ragnarok1945 will be remembered by all people who came to Realistic before ths date or even bother to look back in past threads *salutes*

lol @ realistic might die. Anyways, I've said it before, will say it again: He deserved it. And Umbra, I do see the similarity between this and the Advance Clause. And also, why are you people protecting ragnarok? I'll be severly impressed at the first person to give me a decent reason.

Heh. yeah I'll mis Rag. a nice guy to talk to and debate with. yes I debated with him in the past before the debate rules came up. it was fun and worth while. I'll miss him. or I could contact him though an email...I'll laugh if his acount got hacked and impersonated to get him banned. If it was I'm going to make that person wish they hadn't done it.

It might have gotten hacked' date=' but I'm not jumping to conclusions. If it did, we'll have another hacking attempt on our hands, just like an earlier case. [b']I remember that the jamesjr hacker yeah omgpked4.[/b]

It might have been him that hacked rag, but I do not know. Or rag could've just went off the edge and took it out on Icy and the mods.

Wow with ragnarok things will be not the same for the good or for the bad

Agreed.

Realistic might die now

Guest JoshIcy

If I'm correct' date=' he never made any cards. So why he was such an active card rater is beyond me.

[/quote']

Because he did make cards. He just often had other users post them.

Rag's posts were almost never as spammish as 3 words...

I didn't know mods cared for post count THAT much?

Really, does it make a difference is you have 50k or 50 posts?

If you are a jerk and spam, nobody will listen to you even if you have over 30000 posts.

the fact that people listened to him does mean something :)

I saw a couple of jerks(really, you know who I am talking about if you are one of them) with 5, 10k of posts) and they were not as bad as Ragnarok. He's not "the top" but he is a good rater to my opinion. And fact is, that he was/is one of the FEW raters on RC. Other than him, there are not many raters there. Many good cardmakers are there, but not many raters.

If we all had a choice whether rag should be banned or should not be banned what would you choose?

FORM

Vote:YES!

Reason:Fun person' date=' Constructive posts, nice to talk to

Anything Else:Good friend

[/quote']

He shouldn't have been banned:

Reason: Nice guy to talk to, gave very good critique/suggestions.

Anything else: ~no~

To Bostige: IDK. Maybe he didn't have the time to post them himself

For God's sake. YCM is not a government. It's not a dictatorship. It's a bunch of teens and young adults trying to keep some order in a place completely filled with idiocy and attention-whoring.

Ragnarok was not the stupidest member to visit YCM' date=' nor was he the biggest attention whore, but what he did do was post relentlessly, making himself an established and recognizable person. People on YCM seem to be really in to the whole hero-worship thing, and since he had the biggest number next to his name, he was a choice candidate, but truth be told there wasn't anything particularly special about him other than that he posted a lot and his posts were of decidedly mediocre quality. However, there was a tension between him and many of the higher members of the forum, including the mods, simply because they recognized that he was flooding the forum with poor quality posts, but he couldn't take a hint. I think plenty of people welcome the opportunity to see him go. Others as I've already seen, are not so happy.

As for Icy, I know him fairly well from MSN talk, and he's a very bright person and he's very in tune with people's inner nature and naturally understands them very well. He also cares a lot about the forum and as such he actually stepped up to help it even though he didn't want to. Icyblue did the things that needed to get done, and in my opinion, getting rid of Ragnarok was one of them. From what I've heard, Ragnarok crossed the line that he'd already been treading on for some time due to his spammy posts and conflict with the people who were trying to get him to slow down and increase his post quality, but in all 30,000+ posts he displayed an unfailing ability to ignore all their pleading.

That's just my analysis of the situation. It's not some huge over-arcing conspiracy. It's about a guy who, imo, was undeservedly popular, made some mistakes, kept making them, and made one final blunder. That's it.

[/quote']

Finally, somebody with a functioning brain. Ragnorok's post all consisted of this, with a slight alter of words.

Good card. Fix up some OCG. Bad Picture.

Now, I do not see how that could help anybody.

I'll kill it for you guys if you don't like it's existence anymore. it couldn't have been a hacker in my opinion the IP Addresses won't match up so they would ban the one IP that hacked Ragnarok1945 instead of banning Ragnarok himself. This could be a debate.

Anyway jk_ultimatemaster I think FP banned his IP anyways.

lol @ realistic might die. Anyways' date=' I've said it before, will say it again: He deserved it. And Umbra, I do see the similarity between this and the Advance Clause. And also, why are you people protecting ragnarok? I'll be severly impressed at the first person to give me a decent reason.

[/quote']

I am not with Ragnorak or against him.

He deserved it yes. I think he was ok. He tried to do his best but I don't think he handled it the wrong way.

He never liked how people hated him so I guess he let himself out of control.

I've just read through the entire thread and I'm surprised at the similarity between this and the Advanced Clause.

"RP will die if this happens"

"RC will die if this happens"

etc.

PEOPLE. Lots of posts is what kills RC, not the other way around. Quality over quantity always applies.

Rag's posts were almost never as spammish as 3 words...

I didn't know mods cared for post count THAT much?

Really' date=' does it make a difference is you have 50k or 50 posts?

If you are a jerk and spam, nobody will listen to you even if you have over 30000 posts.

the fact that people listened to him does mean something :)

I saw a couple of jerks(really, you know who I am talking about if you are one of them) with 5, 10k of posts) and they were not as bad as Ragnarok. He's not "the top" but he is a good rater to my opinion. And fact is, that he was/is one of the FEW raters on RC. Other than him, there are not many raters there. Many good cardmakers are there, but not many raters.

[/quote']

He spammed. His posts weren't helpful unless you're a noob. Deal with it.

Archived