The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have been less biased with my statements. I'm not a fan of most of the metal from America BECAUSE it typically falls under the metalcore/deathcore, sludge, etc. genres. Though, America does seem to churn out some great atmospheric black metal bands. I was thinking in terms of bands similar to Scar Symmetry and Dark Tranquillity; the US isn't exactly known for its melodic death scene.

I agree. They do have a great hardcore scene though, which stems into all of my favorite heavy music i.e. ISIS, Converge, Neurosis, Rosetta etc.

I should have been less biased with my statements. I'm not a fan of most of the metal from America BECAUSE it typically falls under the metalcore/deathcore, sludge, etc. genres. Though, America does seem to churn out some great atmospheric black metal bands. I was thinking in terms of bands similar to Scar Symmetry and Dark Tranquillity; the US isn't exactly known for its melodic death scene.

You mean those bands that use pig growls, unhumanly paced drum beats and pointy logos?

Yes. Those exactly. I'd rather listen to a bowl of Rice Krispies snap, crackle, and pop for an hour than listen to an album by Job For A Cowboy or one of its clones.

Oh jeez I remember back when I used to like Job For A Cowboy hahahaha

Look at how much my musical tastes have changed

You mean those bands that use pig growls, unhumanly paced drum beats and pointy logos?

Yes. Those exactly. I'd rather listen to a bowl of Rice Krispies snap, crackle, and pop for an hour than listen to an album by Job For A Cowboy or one of its clones.

Closest thing I listen to is grindcore, and a pretty select few at that. Pig Destroyer and Trap Them are where it's at.

@ Aphex Twin: Sounds more like a Brutal Death Metal band or Deathcore

On a side note, my posting is delayed beyond belief. Anybody else having problems with the site?

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble with the site as well.

Hahaha, it's really not too different than what bands like Converge do. Just with more aggression and less texture.

The only two Converge songs that I liked were their cover of Depeche Mode and Wretched World

The rest of their songs I can't really get into that much, not that they are a bad band

But it's just a little bit tough on my ears sometimes

The only two Converge songs that I liked were their cover of Depeche Mode and Wretched World

The rest of their songs I can't really get into that much, not that they are a bad band

But it's just a little bit tough on my ears sometimes

That's cool, it's not for everyone. Wretched World is a beautifully sinister song.

Just start at the last place you left off haha.

Well, that take too much time...so I'll just start on this page.

Grindcore is... not my cup of tea. The only grindcore I've ever actually liked is probably Cephalic Carnage's Lucid Interval.

What about Napalm Death? I think they're grindcore.

Hello guys how are you today jan 17 2013 XD

well on to topic fairyland just as awesome as ever i find this track and it blow me head off for much epicness so enjoy this one guys and press like if like it lol.

and btw anyone has news for bands having world tours or new bands formed if so please let me know.

TYVM \m/

Grindcore is... not my cup of tea. The only grindcore I've ever actually liked is probably Cephalic Carnage's Lucid Interval.

Hey Dismal, since you're the black metal expert here, what do you think of Watain? 

sup

These guys sound decent, might look into them. 

Having an Underoath listening party tomorrow with some friends to prepare for their final show on Saturday, so I'm putting this here. 

Hey Dismal, since you're the black metal expert here, what do you think of Watain?

Honestly, I think they get a little more hype than they deserve, but Casus Luciferi was a great album, as was Rabid Death's Curse. They're definitely worth a listen, but I wouldn't put them in my list of favorites.

Apparently they won a Swedish Grammy for their album Lawless Darkness, but I've yet to listen to that.

Archived