The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll should check out one of my close friends' band, Varuna.

Hardcore metal, for such chill guys.

http://www.facebook.com/varunalosangelesmetal/app_2405167945

^Where you can listen to most of their releases, as well as check out their band page.

These guys like Meshuggah. 

I'm normally not a fan of the whole "djent" scene (other than Meshuggah since they invented it) but these guys are pretty good. 

And yea, most hardcore bands have pretty chill members it would seem haha. A lot of the bands I listen to will normally just hang around the venue after a show, so I've been able to talk to some guys and they're usually really cool. I met Norma Jean's Cory Brandon in November and he's such a cool guy, he liked my ISIS shirt  :lol:

Well I've recently gotten into Pig Destroyer and Converge

Even though both of those bands made my ears bleed when I first heard them

I was able to grow onto them, gonna go look for some of their albums sometime

Well I've recently gotten into Pig Destroyer and Converge

Even though both of those bands made my ears bleed when I first heard them

I was able to grow onto them, gonna go look for some of their albums sometime

Yeeess! Haha. 

I love Converge, most would say to start with the classic Jane Doe, but I think All We Love We Leave Behind is their most accessible. I was gonna go on a rant about the differences in all their albums but I'll spare you the wall of text~ 

The only Pig Destroyer album I have is Terrifyer, but it's awesome. 

Yeeess! Haha. 

I love Converge, most would say to start with the classic Jane Doe, but I think All We Love We Leave Behind is their most accessible. I was gonna go on a rant about the differences in all their albums but I'll spare you the wall of text~ 

The only Pig Destroyer album I have is Terrifyer, but it's awesome. 

I have Book Burner opened up in another tab

So far I'm really liking the album

The only songs I've heard that are done by Converge

Are from All We Love We Leave Behind and Deeper The Wound

I have Book Burner opened up in another tab

So far I'm really liking the album

The only songs I've heard that are done by Converge

Are from All We Love We Leave Behind and Deeper The Wound

The track on Deeper the Wound that isn't a cover is actually a demo version of a track on Jane Doe

What songs have you listened to?

The track on Deeper the Wound that isn't a cover is actually a demo version of a track on Jane Doe

What songs have you listened to?

I don't think I can remember the names of them all

But my personal favorites so far are:

Wretched World and Aimless Arrow

I also did watch a live performance that they did

On youtube, but as I said before most of the stuff

I forget what the track names are

I don't think I can remember the names of them all

But my personal favorites so far are:

Wretched World and Aimless Arrow

I also did watch a live performance that they did

On youtube, but as I said before most of the stuff

I forget what the track names are

Both really sweet songs, both different sides of Converge. I think you'd like their album Axe to Fall a lot.  

Yay, Converge! All We Love We Leave Behind and You Fail Me would be the best place to start since it's their most accessible album. Any of y'all heard of Sleep?

Really? I thought Axe to Fall was more accessible than You Fail Me haha. Both are sweet albums though. 

I haven't listened to Sleep but I do have the latest High On Fire album and it rules face. 

Really? I thought Axe to Fall was more accessible than You Fail Me haha. Both are sweet albums though. 

I haven't listened to Sleep but I do have the latest High On Fire album and it rules face. 

You Fail Me is less Converge traditional-issh. Axe to Fall is pretty much a standard Converge album. Something like that.  High On Fire's cool. Pretty similar in that genre.

You Fail Me is less Converge traditional-issh. Axe to Fall is pretty much a standard Converge album. Something like that.  High On Fire's cool. Pretty similar in that genre.

I think the fact that it's different is why I'd recommend a different one first haha. And isn't Sleep the High On Fire singer's old band? That's why I mentioned them.

Anybody here mention Carach Angren yet? If not then we need to get on the ball, they kick too much ass.

I don't think so, post a song or two? 

I think the fact that it's different is why I'd recommend a different one first haha. And isn't Sleep the High On Fire singer's old band? That's why I mentioned them.

Yeah, but he's just the guitarist in Sleep. Instrumentally, their similar but with the vocals, they're their own band.

Anybody here mention Carach Angren yet? If not then we need to get on the ball, they kick too much ass.

I had high hopes for Carach Angren. Lammendam was one of my favorite symphonic black metal albums of all time, but I just wasn't overly impressed with Death Came Through A Phantom Ship and Where The Corpses Sink Forever. Though, Where The Corpses Sink Forever was better than Death Came Through A Phantom Ship.

So I just saw a concert with Battlecross, All Shall Perish, Demon Hunter and In Flames.

My neck is sore...

That is one awesome lineup. Though, All Shall Perish is a bit odd and mismatch compare to the rest. At least it's not as weird and mismatch as Letlive touring with We See Stars and Falling In Reverse.

That is one awesome lineup. Though, All Shall Perish is a bit odd and mismatch compare to the rest. At least it's not as weird and mismatch as Letlive touring with We See Stars and Falling In Reverse.

All Shall Perish was probably my least favorite.  Good band, but I'm not really into Deathcore.

Loved the rest though.  I was especially surprised by Demon Hunter, who is way heavier live than on their records.

All Shall Perish was probably my least favorite.  Good band, but I'm not really into Deathcore.

Loved the rest though.  I was especially surprised by Demon Hunter, who is way heavier live than on their records.

I don't really listen to Demon Hunter anymore but I did see them once and they're great live. Only other band on there I listen to is In Flames, wish I could see them. 

Also, the new Cult of Luna album is sexy. 

Archived