The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I guess they do sound like cedric's voice on speed. Also, this band need some love as well.

I love these guys! And I think Darly Palumbo from Glassjaw did some guest vocals in a song with them. Can't recall which one though..

Heard he was in there somewhere but it's all speculation other than Geoff Rickly, and Ben Koller is most likely the drummer. Speaking of Converge, Birds In Row reminds me of them a lot. That's a good thing as Converge is probably my favorite metalcore band. 

Posting Rosetta again because I don't think anyone listened to the last song I posted by them, super excited to see them on March 26th. 

I've never heard of Rosetta until now

And that song was actually quite the good one

Right now though I don't have the time to listen to a full 14 minute song

But so far from what I've heard it's actually quite a good song

I'll probably look them up sometime when I get the chance to

I've never heard of Rosetta until now

And that song was actually quite the good one

Right now though I don't have the time to listen to a full 14 minute song

But so far from what I've heard it's actually quite a good song

I'll probably look them up sometime when I get the chance to

Definitely listen to the whole track if you get a chance, the last six minutes are mind-blowing. Probably my favorite song by them. 

Definitely listen to the whole track if you get a chance, the last six minutes are mind-blowing. Probably my favorite song by them. 

Blah screw plans for the day

I'm too tempted to finish the whole track

Even though I broke my good headphones

And I only have little cheap ones from the dollar store

at 4:00 - Oooh this part is quite nice, very atmospheric and almost ambient-like

at 6:00 - I think you might be right about the last 6 minutes being mind-blowingly epic

at 10:00 - ROSETTA FTW!!

at about 11:00 - Love that sudden harder part, just makes the track even more dramatic

at 13:00-14:00 - Dat outro, dat amazing outro

I am now a Rosetta fan

Lift = 14:00 of pure bliss to my ears

And also looking back at the first post here

I never noticed that you had a top 5 list

I'm right now making one so that I don't end up

Naming off 20 different bands when someone asks me

What Metal bands I like

Our lists are kind of similar:

1. ISIS

2. Converge

3. (N/A)

4. Cult of Luna

5. Pig Destroyer

Blah screw plans for the day

I'm too tempted to finish the whole track

Even though I broke my good headphones

And I only have little cheap ones from the dollar store

at 4:00 - Oooh this part is quite nice, very atmospheric and almost ambient-like

at 6:00 - I think you might be right about the last 6 minutes being mind-blowingly epic

at 10:00 - ROSETTA FTW!!

at about 11:00 - Love that sudden harder part, just makes the track even more dramatic

at 13:00-14:00 - Dat outro, dat amazing outro

I am now a Rosetta fan

Lift = 14:00 of pure bliss to my ears

And also looking back at the first post here

I never noticed that you had a top 5 list

I'm right now making one so that I don't end up

Naming off 20 different bands when someone asks me

What Metal bands I like

Our lists are kind of similar:

1. ISIS

2. Converge

3. (N/A)

4. Cult of Luna

5. Pig Destroyer

Very glad to see you loved the track haha. The song is actually broken up into three tracks called parts 1-3, but the youtube video has them all as one. I posted another Rosetta song a couple pages back. 

I looked at the first pages not too long ago, my list was completely different than it is now. I might have to go and change it again haha. The thread was a bit different when it first started, I posted bands that I don't even like anymore. 

Very glad to see you loved the track haha. The song is actually broken up into three tracks called parts 1-3, but the youtube video has them all as one. I posted another Rosetta song a couple pages back. 

Ah, Isn't it nice when YouTube has a full track of one that's been broken down into parts

I always liked it when people did that, it's always very helpful to those of us who like our full versions better

Ah, Isn't it nice when YouTube has a full track of one that's been broken down into parts

I always liked it when people did that, it's always very helpful to those of us who like our full versions better

Yea it's nice haha. Same uploader did the same thing for Rosetta's first album except it's a little different...how do I explain  it...

Alright, first Rosetta album, The Galilean Satellites, has two discs. 

Disc 1: Five post-metal/hardcore tracks. 

Disc 2: Five ambient noise tracks. 

Disc 1 Track lengths: 1) 8:14, 2) 10:25, 3) 9:45, 4) 16:15, 5) 13:22  

Disc 2 Track lengths: 1) 8:14, 2) 10:25, 3) 9:45, 4) 16:15, 5) 15:29.

I'll let you put together what's supposed to happen here. 

Yea it's nice haha. Same uploader did the same thing for Rosetta's first album except it's a little different...how do I explain  it...

Alright, first Rosetta album, The Galilean Satellites, has two discs. 

Disc 1: Five post-metal/hardcore tracks. 

Disc 2: Five ambient noise tracks. 

Disc 1 Track lengths: 1) 8:14, 2) 10:25, 3) 9:45, 4) 16:15, 5) 13:22  

Disc 2 Track lengths: 1) 8:14, 2) 10:25, 3) 9:45, 4) 16:15, 5) 15:29.

I'll let you put together what's supposed to happen here. 

So if I'm thinking this right

I'm guessing that the guy took

Disc 1 & 2, then played them together

Sounds very interesting

So if I'm thinking this right

I'm guessing that the guy took

Disc 1 & 2, then played them together

Sounds very interesting

Yup. You're supposed to play them at the same time on separate stereos. I've done it before in my room...you wouldn't believe how amazing it sounds. 

It still sounds good on the videos but it doesn't do it justice. Playing them on two separate stereos to create twice the sound is hard to replicate when they're synced together on one file. It's like a swirling maelstrom of music. 

Yup. You're supposed to play them at the same time on separate stereos. I've done it before in my room...you wouldn't believe how amazing it sounds. 

It still sounds good on the videos but it doesn't do it justice. Playing them on two separate stereos to create twice the sound is hard to replicate when they're synced together on one file. It's like a swirling maelstrom of music. 

That sounds really cool

I'll probably look it up sometime

Curious of what you think of The Negation LP? I kinda like that one more than Winds Of Creation.

The Negation was actually the first album I had heard from Decapitated. I picked up the album about a week or so after it came out because I thought the cover looked cool, lmao. It's definitely a solid album, but it falls behind Nihility and Winds of Creation, for me.

Leviathan has counquer my mind, this black metal band is suprime and IT WILL SCREW YOUR MIND ALSO XD

THIS IS INTENSE BALCK METAL AT ITS FINEST DAMMIT \m/

Leviathan has always been hit or miss with me, but The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide was a great album. Truly a USBM classic.

Coral, what? I've listen to the Rosetta vid you posted. It was awesome, really digging the post rock/post metal vibe. Wondering if they're influenced by Mogwai...

The Negation was actually the first album I had heard from Decapitated. I picked up the album about a week or so after it came out because I thought the cover looked cool, lmao. It's definitely a solid album, but it falls behind Nihility and Winds of Creation, for me.

Cool. I actually like The Negation more because it was the album of theirs I heard and my love for it is nothing more than for nostalgia sake.

Coral, what? I've listen to the Rosetta vid you posted. It was awesome, really digging the post rock/post metal vibe. Wondering if they're influenced by Mogwai...

I haven't heard too much songs by Mogwai

But they probably are influenced by them

Good job pointing that out

I haven't heard too much songs by Mogwai

But they probably are influenced by them

Good job pointing that out

I don't know if they actually are or not, but you never know. I know in podcasts they talk about a lot of hardcore stuff and not too much of the post-rock stuff, at least from what I've heard. 

I don't know if they actually are or not, but you never know. I know in podcasts they talk about a lot of hardcore stuff and not too much of the post-rock stuff, at least from what I've heard. 

Didn't really say they were influenced largely by Mogwai but I've been listening to a lot of Mogwai past week and listening to them, I could hear some Mogwai-esque vibe out of them.

Also, this band.

Archived