Leo's Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG ~ hey look a title that makes sense now. /ok

.Leo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the CCG, Rituals are one of the best decks. Crimson Phoenix is a self-revivable beatstick that further burns each time it returns. Zero's Rituals wreck everything, and the Ritual Tuners are versatile and powerful.

Rituals are naturally slow and inconsistent, the only way they could possibly be of any significance in a metagame is with type-specific brokenness and a heavy lack of competition. Furthering the issue of brokenness, could you do me a favour and post some of these Ritual Monsters and Tuners you speak of? I am keen to see them, certainly.

Rituals are naturally slow and inconsistent, the only way they could possibly be of any significance in a metagame is with type-specific brokenness and a heavy lack of competition. Furthering the issue of brokenness, could you do me a favour and post some of these Ritual Monsters and Tuners you speak of? I am keen to see them, certainly.

Trust me, we are making/ have made support cards that will make them playable.

Trust me, we are making/ have made support cards that will make them playable.

That's great if you want to encourage a more open playing environment, but I don't trust this CCG's "sense of brokenness". I'm very good at sensing it myself, and I am worried about (I quote) "a self-revivable beatstick that further burns each time it returns" even if it has the slow speed of a Ritual. A metagame ruled by a previously weak but now broken archetype is the exact kind of mistake that is made in CCGs a lot of the time, and I don't want another Mirrors situation. Even Escrocs were pretty crippled by a well-timed banhammer attack.

I'm seriously worried.

That's great if you want to encourage a more open playing environment, but I don't trust this CCG's "sense of brokenness". I'm very good at sensing it myself, and I am worried about (I quote) "a self-revivable beatstick that further burns each time it returns" even if it has the slow speed of a Ritual. A metagame ruled by a previously weak but now broken archetype is the exact kind of mistake that is made in CCGs a lot of the time, and I don't want another Mirrors situation. Even Escrocs were pretty crippled by a well-timed banhammer attack.

I'm seriously worried.

We won't try to make rituals better than everything else, however. I understand the problem with becoming biased to make less-playable things in the TCG broken in CCGs (if that's what you're saying). And we will have checks and balances, so if you think that a card should/shouldn't be changed you can present your case. ;)

We won't try to make rituals better than everything else, however. I understand the problem with becoming biased to make less-playable things in the TCG broken in CCGs (if that's what you're saying). And we will have checks and balances, so if you think that a card should/shouldn't be changed you can present your case. ;)

That's good to know, especially the fact that there will be (hopefully semi-splashable!) checks and balances (read: side-deck food) made to counter metagame threats. I was merely saying that I didn't want to have a metagame dominated by a naturally slow archetype that has only been made fast by CCG intervention. However, that is partly the point of a CCG, and as I am not in a leadership position, should the decision come to release cards I consider game-breaking I will only unleash my criticisms with permission.

I really should get those Insects and S/Ts done, I'm procrastinating.

Rituals slow Mikhail Tal? I mean agree with you on that part and I deffintly agree with you on what LCCG does to make Rituals "More Playable" [because as a flunet user of them in TCG what you guys are doing is a disgrace to what the word RITUAL MEANS]

And also Mikhail Tal if you want to know who the revial burn is its this

|Dark-Eyes Crimson Phoenix|45|FLFS|Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect|Fire|8||2500|2300|This card can be Summoned only by Ritual Summon. When this card is Summoned, inflict Damage to both Players equal to number of cards on the field, and in both Player's hand x200. When this card is removed from the field by your opponents card effect, you can Special Summon it during your End Phase by discarding 1 card.|

and this is the part that pisses me off!!!

This card can be Summoned only by Ritual Summon.

Ok I'll finally explaine why I haven't done anything with Rituals because u guys make them way to F***ing easy to play. In my oppion you ruined Rituals. You made it so you can't have a boss Lv Ritual monster so thx and F***you for f***ing up all rituals have a F***ing nice day.

Rituals slow Mikhail Tal? I mean agree with you on that part and I deffintly agree with you on what LCCG does to make Rituals "More Playable" [because as a flunet user of them in TCG what you guys are doing is a disgrace to what the word RITUAL MEANS]

And also Mikhail Tal if you want to know who the revial burn is its this

|Dark-Eyes Crimson Phoenix|45|FLFS|Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect|Fire|8||2500|2300|This card can be Summoned only by Ritual Summon. When this card is Summoned, inflict Damage to both Players equal to number of cards on the field, and in both Player's hand x200. When this card is removed from the field by your opponents card effect, you can Special Summon it during your End Phase by discarding 1 card.|

and this is the part that pisses me off!!!

This card can be Summoned only by Ritual Summon.

Ok I'll finally explaine why I haven't done anything with Rituals because u guys make them way to F***ing easy to play. In my oppion you ruined Rituals. You made it so you can't have a boss Lv Ritual monster so thx and F***you for f***ing up all rituals have a F***ing nice day.

It appears that the makers of a lot of these Ritual Monsters do not the correct method of writing effects for them. The only Ritual Spell Card that can Special Summon every single Ritual Monster is "Advanced Ritual Art". Recently, the OCG has been changed so that you only have to write "This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Curse of the Masked Beast".", and not "This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Curse of the Masked Beast". You must also Tribute monsters whose total Level Stars equal 8 or more from the field or your hand."

That card is broken, it's a walking Ring of Destruction that can be reused and re-summoned by itself.

Agreed w/ Alfred's First post.

@ WereLord - For the newer rituals I put the summoning requirements on the Spell Card so that it wouldn't waste space, and leave room for more creative summoning requirements other than "tribute monsters with a level equal to or higher then the ritual monster" (paraphrasing). Anything that says "ritual summon this card", is supposed to include those requirements, unless said otherwise. Lucky Charm Ritual for example will require you to tribute monsters for the summon. Tribal Ritual (before the reset), is different.

And same thing what Evanm7 said, this was to make them more playable, more like ARA. But as I explained nothing else has changed.

If you want to talk about it more then please do it in the chat.

@ Alfred - What do you think needs to be fixed? We could Lower the Burn Damage, or up the cost for the revival. OR, maybe just this to make the burn damage not reusable:

|Dark-Eyes Crimson Phoenix|45|FLFS|Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect|Fire|8||2500|2300|This card can be Summoned only by Ritual Summon. When this card is Ritual Summoned, inflict Damage to both Players equal to number of cards on the field, and in both Player's hand x200. When this card is removed from the field by your opponents card effect, you can Special Summon it during your End Phase by discarding 1 card.|

Agreed w/ Alfred's First post.

@ WereLord - For the newer rituals I put the summoning requirements on the Spell Card so that it wouldn't waste space, and leave room for more creative summoning requirements other than "tribute monsters with a level equal to or higher then the ritual monster" (paraphrasing). Anything that says "ritual summon this card", is supposed to include those requirements, unless said otherwise. Lucky Charm Ritual for example will require you to tribute monsters for the summon. Tribal Ritual (before the reset), is different.

And same thing what Evanm7 said, this was to make them more playable, more like ARA. But as I explained nothing else has changed.

If you want to talk about it more then please do it in the chat.

@ Alfred - What do you think needs to be fixed? We could Lower the Burn Damage, or up the cost for the revival. OR, maybe just this to make the burn damage not reusable:

|Dark-Eyes Crimson Phoenix|45|FLFS|Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect|Fire|8||2500|2300|This card can be Summoned only by Ritual Summon. When this card is Ritual Summoned, inflict Damage to both Players equal to number of cards on the field, and in both Player's hand x200. When this card is removed from the field by your opponents card effect, you can Special Summon it during your End Phase by discarding 1 card.|

I think that making them playable is fine, and that that fix is okay - I'd recommend removing the "in both Player's hands" part, as with 5 each it's already 2000 damage, and if you have swarmed or are playing against a swarm-based archetype then the total damage could be near 3000, and that's not even factoring in set Spells and Traps, which could make the maximum total (with two 5-card hands) 6000 damage. Even 5000 damage (a more plausible total) is still a ridiculous amount and achieving it is quite easy. It punishes non-conservative or extroverted play, and when you are playing a game you don't want to be punished for trying to win. Even though I made that argument sound bad, the main message is right - making cards that encourage conservative play will eventually ruin the game.

Other than that, I honestly think that there isn't too much trouble with making Rituals quicker. A good example is Fusions - Polymerization was meant to be the only way to make them but it is barely used now as the makers have made a greater library of available cards for fusing. I do think that you should be careful - you might cross the line eventually with power if you aren't - but I think that giving a dying archetype some support is a good thing in a meta environment that encourages diversity. If that's how you want the game to be here, then I don't have a problem with it. After all, it could produce something very interesting and exciting!

I am still procrastinating about the Insect and S/T support. I'm thinking of a weaker Quick-Play version of Metamorphosis that restricts types and summons from the Deck instead.

I think that making them playable is fine, and that that fix is okay - I'd recommend removing the "in both Player's hands" part, as with 5 each it's already 2000 damage, and if you have swarmed or are playing against a swarm-based archetype then the total damage could be near 3000, and that's not even factoring in set Spells and Traps, which could make the maximum total (with two 5-card hands) 6000 damage. Even 5000 damage (a more plausible total) is still a ridiculous amount and achieving it is quite easy. It punishes non-conservative or extroverted play, and when you are playing a game you don't want to be punished for trying to win. Even though I made that argument sound bad, the main message is right - making cards that encourage conservative play will eventually ruin the game. no offense but idk if that applies here. Whether you are playing offensively or defensively would make the burn damage the same, because it's combined hand & field. I like to think of this as punishing abuse of advantage. But still, you're right, this is too much burn damage. I guess that will be it for now.

Other than that, I honestly think that there isn't too much trouble with making Rituals quicker. A good example is Fusions - Polymerization was meant to be the only way to make them but it is barely used now as the makers have made a greater library of available cards for fusing. I do think that you should be careful - you might cross the line eventually with power if you aren't - but I think that giving a dying archetype some support is a good thing in a meta environment that encourages diversity. If that's how you want the game to be here, then I don't have a problem with it. After all, it could produce something very interesting and exciting! Thanks :) . I'm leaving Rituals open to be Generic or Non-Generic though, card creator's choice. Honestly with Synchros around they will need it.

I am still procrastinating about the Insect and S/T support. I'm thinking of a weaker Quick-Play version of Metamorphosis that restricts types and summons from the Deck instead. Sounds good.

|Painful Ant|28|ARUD|Insect/Effect|Earth|2||100|300|When this card is discarded or sent from the field or hand to the Graveyard, you can discard 1 card from your hand to send 1 Insect-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.|

|Glockenspider|29|ARUD|Insect/Effect|Dark|4||1700|1200|When this card is destroyed or discarded, you can add 1 Insect-Type monster with 2000 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand. If you would Tribute Summon an Insect-Type monster, you can remove this card in your Graveyard from play to count as 1 Tribute.|

|Tag Metamorphosis|30|ARUD|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Activate one of the following effects: -Tribute 1 monster you control. Special Summon 1 monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard with the same Type and a Level 2 greater than, equal to or lower than the Tributed monster's Level. -Discard 1 monster from your hand. Special Summon 1 monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard with the same Type and a Level equal to or lower than the discarded monster.|

|Hidden Courage|31|ARUD|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Activate only when your opponent selects 1 monster you control as an attack target. The attacked monster cannot be destroyed by battle and gains ATK equal to half the attacking monster's ATK until the End Phase.|

|Ghastly Memoir|32|ARUD|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Negate the effect of an Effect Monster, Spell Card or Trap Card on the field and return it to the top of it's owner's Deck. You cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards during the Damage Step the turn you activate this effect.|

|Infinity Trap Hole|33|ARUD|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||When your opponent Summons an Effect Monster(s) with 1000 or more ATK, discard 1 card and destroy the monster(s).|

|Pawnch|34|ARUD|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Activate only when your opponent activates a card effect or Summons a monster(s). Remove all card(s) in your hand from play and negate the card effect or Summon. During your opponent's next Standby Phase, return the removed card(s) to your hand and discard 1 card from your hand.|

I think that the cost of Pawnch justifies it's power - not being able to use any of the cards in your hand for a whole turn and the additional discard is more than enough for across-the-board negation. And of course, you can't activate it when you have no cards in your hand.

Memoir doesn't negate the actual summon of a monster (and tutors are unharmed), plus it blocks you from using Counter Traps in the Damage Step, which can really mess up defensive plays. Also, your opponent has the opportunity to reset the negated card.

Courage is generic stall that requires set-up and is useless against low-level beaters.

Metamorphosis is interesting, but I think absolutely fine. The option of a "you can only activate this once per turn" clause is negotiable.

Glockenspider (awesome name, no?) is Grasshopper Ninja support - the many discard costs in the game can be used to it's advantage and it gets you Ninja (albeit wasting your summon). Also tutors from the field, which is a nice bonus for stall.

Ant can stack with it's effect, providing quick milling but the lack of a hand can backfire defensively, which is a cost in itself.

Painful Ant is great.

Glockenspider is good.

Tag Metamorphosis - I don't think abusing it more than once per turn is the problem, it's the second effect. The first effect is ok, but the second one lets you get out high level monsters easily and yields tons of advantage with the likes of glockenspider... Maybe you can change the second effect, or eliminate it, or we can just limit the card, idk, but it can't go in like this unlimited.

Hidden courage is fine for now, although I question why it's a counter trap...

Ghastly Memoir is.... a Quick Play spell, kinda like solemn judgement without a major drawback that can lock your opponent's next draw... all around ick, sorry. Returning it to the top of the deck will most likely, not be to their advantage.

Infinity Trap hole is good anti-swarm.

Pawnch is fine and the cost balances it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to pose a question that Decadence wanted me to ask, if you would be OK with him making some chaos/dark versions of your monsters (I said I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't become an archetype.)

Painful Ant is great.

Glockenspider is good.

Tag Metamorphosis - I don't think abusing it more than once per turn is the problem, it's the second effect. The first effect is ok, but the second one lets you get out high level monsters easily and yields tons of advantage with the likes of glockenspider... Maybe you can change the second effect, or eliminate it, or we can just limit the card, idk, but it can't go in like this unlimited. That's fine. In fact, I should make the second effect 1 Level lower or less rather than equal to or lower.

Hidden courage is fine for now, although I question why it's a counter trap... For use in the Damage Step.

Ghastly Memoir is.... a Quick Play spell, kinda like solemn judgement without a major drawback that can lock your opponent's next draw... all around ick, sorry. Returning it to the top of the deck will most likely, not be to their advantage. We can remove the Effect Monster part, I guess, or maybe also add a discard cost to it.

Infinity Trap hole is good anti-swarm.

Pawnch is fine and the cost balances it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to pose a question that Decadence wanted me to ask, if you would be OK with him making some chaos/dark versions of your monsters (I said I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't become an archetype.) Yes, it's fine.

@ Tag Metamorphosis - That would be good.

@ Hidden Courage - oh... xD

@ Ghastly Memoir - taking out effect monster is good.

Yeah, I thought that with them being generic, running Memoir and Courage in the same deck would help to justify Memoir's cost as you can't use Courage in the Damage Step to save a card from dying. Now that they are all done, I can finally make deck lists for Grasshopper Ninja Mill and Zombie OTK.

Archived