~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

Or just rename her character to something completely different and cut off any association while retaining the character, everybody wins?

It's a bit more with 5D's. Ener-D/Momentum is basically Spiral Power, the final boss' lair is a Teppelin Knockoff, Shooting Quasar Dragon is TTGL, etc.

GX used popular elements from those series and put them together, in addition to those. Hell, GX has a whole mini-arc in a constantly night-time desert filled with monsters and zombies.

Those make sense, though both of the animes started in 2004 and Hueco Mundo took place like 4 years later, so wouldn't that actually make it ripping off GX kindasortanotreally?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I have to admit, I think I play Caeda off pretty well from what I can remember. She isn't some girly-girl or bad character. If anything she is a bit of an overbearing mother who wants her daughter to study hard and go to college, but being the mother of an only child, I think that's acceptable

So, basically, she's Chichi?

Anyway, I actually never thought Pokemon would get it's act together that well. I knew about Team rocket being a threat again, and I really like the new motif they've developed. But still, in my opinion, the original series is still the best. I've got a few friends who agree. Also, I never said that 5D's and Zexal were bad, and in fact I like them. I just think that, you know, they kinda stray from the original a bit much. I mean, 

[spoiler=recap]

The original Yugioh had Duel Monsers be a very popular card game, yes, but not everyone played it. A few people had acquired ancient magic that involved the origins of a game played by Pharohs, which was the basis of the card game. Some of them sought to use this magic to take over/destroy the world, and an ancient Pharoh, who had sealed himself away inside a pyramid-shaped necklace, had to remember his name in order to stop these guys, and prevent the production of a new TV-Series called "Zorc and Pals"

in G/X, once more, the game was a world-wide phenomenon, but not to the point that everyone and their mother was a duelist. It just happened to take place at an academy built by Seto Kaiba, which specialized in teaching upstart duelists a few techniques. Unbeknownst to the vast majority of this place, the Egyptian God's little bros were sealed away, on the same island, and indirectly caused a lot of trouble. Until some ancient guy unlocked them, and then they directly caused a lot of trouble. Then Yubel showed up, sucked the main group into an alternate world, and the series ends with Jaden/The Supreme King fusing his soul with Yubel and leaving the duel incomplete.

5D's featured a well into the future cast where everyone had a duel deck, and either dueled on motorcycles going 200 mph, or did the traditional format. 5 people in the world, all of whom just happen to live in the same city, are opposed by seven counterparts using ancient aztec gods, and somehow win every duel. Then the Meklords appear, and time travel is possible for robot/cyborg things, who threaten to unleash an ancient evil that we never see.

Zexal: apparently Yuma Tsukumo has to find 99 Number cards, which are blank until someone picks them up, and then they take on an Xyz monster form that fits very nicely into the users deck. Also, apparently every school on earth has a "Duel Period" which follows PE. Also, PE is now a Co-Ed class. I've only seen this series up to the start of that tournament thing, but I can tell you that I'm digging Kite. Overall as a series, though, I think this one definitely deviated the most from the original. While it's quite good by its own standard, I would still prefer to re-watch the original.[/spoiler]

Yuma would either get along quite well with Fairy Tail's Natsu Dragneel, or it would be that classic thing in anime, where the guys with identical personalities hate each other, and shout "I am nothing like him!" simultaneously.

Or just rename her character to something completely different and cut off any association while retaining the character, everybody wins?

Those make sense, though both of the animes started in 2004 and Hueco Mundo took place like 4 years later, so wouldn't that actually make it ripping off GX kindasortanotreally?

I actually looked it up to check.

Apparently, Hueco Mundo arc's first Volume was released about 3 months after GX's desert premiered. Sadly, I cannot find when the chapters featuring it actually premiered.

Though I'll withdraw that one, seeing as my internal clock was off with the times, though the general idea with GX still stands. It tried to thrive on existing concepts, Bleach was just one of the ones on the list.

So, basically, she's Chichi?

Not as bad as Chichi, but in a sense you can argue she is . . .

Anyway, I actually never thought Pokemon would get it's act together that well. I knew about Team rocket being a threat again, and I really like the new motif they've developed. But still, in my opinion, the original series is still the best. I've got a few friends who agree.

Okay now I am completely interested. How the actual f*ck did Team Rocket begin being a threat again?

I never really watched GX, I watched a few episodes of 5D's, such as Yusei's duel(s?) with Antimony and the final duel against Z-one (God if his deck were ever to be released, it would either be nerfed to hell like Ra or it'd just never leave the ban pile). So far I haven't seen ZeXal, but I might warm up to the idea. My friends consist of hardcore Duel Monster junkies and see anything beyond Battle City as blasphemy (meaning normal monsters sometimes have relevance in personal duels, and that it takes forever for you to get all your ace monsters out.)

Okay now I am completely interested. How the actual f*ck did Team Rocket begin being a threat again?

Running Covert Ops. Having resources. Being Competent.

Basically, wen they got to... I don't even remember the name of the region Black/White takes place in... but apparently they hit their head or something and stopped being completely idiotic and actually remembered how to be villains. Also, James quite being a whiney baby.

Running Covert Ops. Having resources. Being Competent.

Basically, wen they got to... I don't even remember the name of the region Black/White takes place in... but apparently they hit their head or something and stopped being completely idiotic and actually remembered how to be villains. Also, James quite being a whiney baby.

Somehow I still can't see that happening. Are they still after Pikachu? Do they actually have guns like they did in the first few episodes of Season One?

If not then they aren't getting their sh*t in order like they should (>\ />)

Well, they didn't own actual guns back in season 1, they just took the gun that the Safari Zone guy always had packing.

I'm not sure if they're fixated on Pikachu, they were more focused on doing certain missions for Team Rocket (the organization) back when I was watching the first 20 episodes or so.

And Remo, your friends aren't totally right, but I can definitely see where they're coming from. At this point...I dunno, you could try out ZeXal if you want, but it's definitely more of a kiddy feel than the other series.

And Remo, your friends aren't totally right, but I can definitely see where they're coming from. At this point...I dunno, you could try out ZeXal if you want, but it's definitely more of a kiddy feel than the other series.

Alright, I understand that every Yugioh main is a walking cliche, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Yugioh wiki stating that one of Yuma's nicknames is "Miracle Boy"

>.> I can't handle that yo

Well, they didn't own actual guns back in season 1, they just took the gun that the Safari Zone guy always had packing.

Nope! Sorry Fusion but they actually had guns in one of the very early episodes of Pokemon and had to have it removed because it was "too violent"

I'll try and find a picture if I can . . .

I'm not sure if they're fixated on Pikachu, they were more focused on doing certain missions for Team Rocket (the organization) back when I was watching the first 20 episodes or so.

I guess that makes sense, but can you elaborate more?

...How far have you gotten into the series?

Things get pretty fucked up once the Tron (whateverthedubnameis) Family shows up.

To be more specific...

It can get sadistic as all hell.

"Miracle Boy"

Subsubsubsubsubsubsubsub

Nope! Sorry Fusion but they actually had guns in one of the very early episodes of Pokemon and had to have it removed because it was "too violent"

I'll try and find a picture if I can . . .

I guess that makes sense, but can you elaborate more?

Was that the episode they first appeared at the Pokémon Center? I think they used bazookas or something...too long ago.

And from what I saw, they would carry out specific objectives like meeting someone to pick up a package, infiltration missions, stuff like that. But none of it involved Ash and his friends, I can't even remember if they ran into each other while I was still watching.

...How far have you gotten into the series?

Things get pretty fucked up once the Tron (whateverthedubnameis) Family shows up.

To be more specific...

It can get sadistic as all hell.

Up to 22 in Second. I can't actually remember what you're referencing, but the overall tone and atmosphere is definitely lighter than other series.

Though now that I think about it, GX might have been lighter.

Or maybe I've just gotten a little cynical over time and I'm being overly critical of things.

Up to 22 in Second.

You're kidding.

[spoiler="Okay let's go over things."]

IV's fanservice. It involved flagellation using his duels-made-real powerz.

Tron. Absolute sadist driven solely by revenge, using the most ridiculous card ever seen to be realistically played. To show you some context, considering their respective summoning conditions, 69 was MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES better than 92. And it required Tron to break down an adult man completely  to be Summoned.

Then there's Number 96 subplot. Dark side of Astral eating away at him.

The V theme. The pwotagonist relying increasingly on using dark powers, and unlike in GX and such, it is completely by choice. Hell, dark powers were totally good for him and worked perfectly well until the 24th episode which you haven't yet reached.

Yes, it does take place in middle school, and yes it can be lighter at times. But it still is dark and through experience I can tell you, Yugioh anime plot ALWAYS sounds A LOT better on paper than it does in practice. Because card games make everything look less serious.[/spoiler]

Was that the episode they first appeared at the Pokémon Center? I think they used bazookas or something...too long ago.

Yes it was and no, it wasn't bazookas at all.

And from what I saw, they would carry out specific objectives like meeting someone to pick up a package, infiltration missions, stuff like that. But none of it involved Ash and his friends, I can't even remember if they ran into each other while I was still watching.

I believe there was one episode I saw in Black/White where Ash and friends did run into Team Rocket. They were at a dig site or something... Needless to say, Team Rocket did lose that one, though rather than "Blasting off again!" they used a tactical withdraw. 

Wow okay so I'm now convinced . . . Team Rocket does have their sh*t together. What are they trying to do?

Now if we can get rid of Ash and have a main character that's actually interesting I would watch Pokemon again.

Subsubsubsubsubsubsubsub

Thank God

I was seriously worrying that he was really like that

>.> I already spent all of my school year focusing on One Piece, I can't afford to do this for another series ever again

But I can at least sympathize with Mugen, as I always hate it when people base their opinions of certain things that only appear kiddish at the very beginning.

This kid I know watched the dub of One Piece up until Drum Kingdom, and as a result thinks the show sucks because Wapol was too surreal for him

You're kidding.

[spoiler="Okay let's go over things."]

IV's fanservice. It involved flagellation using his duels-made-real powerz.

Tron. Absolute sadist driven solely by revenge, using the most ridiculous card ever seen to be realistically played. To show you some context, considering their respective summoning conditions, 69 was MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES better than 92. And it required Tron to break down an adult man completely  to be Summoned.

Then there's Number 96 subplot. Dark side of Astral eating away at him.

The V theme. The pwotagonist relying increasingly on using dark powers, and unlike in GX and such, it is completely by choice. Hell, dark powers were totally good for him and worked perfectly well until the 24th episode which you haven't yet reached.

Yes, it does take place in middle school, and yes it can be lighter at times. But it still is dark and through experience I can tell you, Yugioh anime plot ALWAYS sounds A LOT better on paper than it does in practice. Because card games make everything look less serious.[/spoiler]

Huh, for some reason, a lot of that blew over my head when I was watching...I guess it's just me with the weird perception then.

Give Zexal a try Remo, but take Black's advice and don't take it that seriously.

Now if we can get rid of Ash and have a main character that's actually interesting I would watch Pokemon again.

I'm honestly fine with Ash, but I wish the show didn't retcon his intelligence.

Apparently at one point in the newer series, he had to use the Pokédex to look up Koffing and Corphish.

You know, the Pokémon that always tried to catch his Pikachu at the start of his journey and the Pokémon that he owned in the Hoenn region.

I'd wish the same for Pikachu, but honestly if they didn't, Pikachu would kill just about anybody and then we'd be dealing with the Superman problem.

This kid I know watched the dub of One Piece up until Drum Kingdom, and as a result thinks the show sucks because Wapol was too surreal for him

...I find one of One Piece's charms is that it delves in the surreal all the time.

He's missing out.

I'm honestly fine with Ash, but I wish the show didn't retcon his intelligence.

Apparently at one point in the newer series, he had to use the Pokédex to look up Koffing and Corphish.

You know, the Pokémon that always tried to catch his Pikachu at the start of his journey and the Pokémon that he owned in the Hoenn region.

Wow just . . . wow. Honestly I still believe they should get rid of Ash, because he is a one note character and they've been playing the same tune now for over 12 f*cking years! Give me a new guy with an actual story I can be interested in.

I'd wish the same for Pikachu, but honestly if they didn't, Pikachu would kill just about anybody and then we'd be dealing with the Superman problem.

Actually Pikachu should be as powerful as he is ever going to get. Death Battle has done a match with Pikachu in it and they've done an analysis on him to figure out what his maximum stats was.

Here's the video

Wow just . . . wow. Honestly I still believe they should get rid of Ash, because he is a one note character and they've been playing the same tune now for over 12 f*cking years! Give me a new guy with an actual story I can be interested in.

I always thought that they should make a 2nd anime aimed at older kids to get the best of both worlds. Pokémon has enough of a demand where the money made should more than make up for what's spent on the new anime and it could bring in new fans from people who previously dismissed it for being too kiddy.

Maybe a Colosseum/XD anime or something. Then they could renew interest in the video games and start spinning off those as a major component of the main franchise again and make more money.

And I've seen that fight, don't know why it had so much apparent controversy...

Still, if Pikachu were realistically like that, it'd almost never lose in the show and that'd just be boring.

I can agree with that Fusion, btw I have to be honest . . . I don't like the new picture.

I was discussing this with my club group and we all agreed that they should get rid of Ash. I came up with the idea of having him win the Unova League and retire, finally, and get married to Misty. Why Misty? Outside the fact I'm a die hard a real die hard Ash X Misty fan you have to admit that is the only female Ash has ever traveled with that has shown the possibility of developing into an actual relationship. They argue, they bicker, but at the same time while Misty was still around you'd see the two get flustered and embarrassed around each other; not to mention Ash STILL has the Misty Lure she gave him, so that should say something. May. Dawn. Iris. NONE of them that I've seen have shown interest in Ash relationship wise.

Misty = girlfriend

May = friend

Dawn = mentor (as much as Ash can be)

Iris = friend

Now that we have Ash out of the way, married and grown up I would think it'd be an interesting spin to have the new character be Ash's son. Since it's Ash's son you know he is going to have an electric Pokemon as his starter, but instead of going with the obvious cliche of it being a Pikachu (or heaven forbid the more cliche Pichu), but have it a Raichu. Why a Raichu? Because wouldn't it be interesting if unlike his father who believed mainly in the friendship of Pokemon that his son would be more interested in surpassing his father by getting his Pokemon as strong as possible, thus making his Pikachu evolve (maybe even against it's will).

That too me would be an interesting main character. He has a dream we can believe in, but because of his faults he is going about it the wrong way. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like he's abusive or doesn't care about his Pokemon, but he is more apt to want them to evolve than Ash was.

Who's the female interest or "Misty" of the group? You could continue the gag of destroying the girl's bike, but to me that's just as cliche . . .

Why not have a real interesting twist and make it so she's a Pokemon magician who, unlike the first and ONLY one we've seen who turned Ash into a Pikachu, but have her turn herself into a Jigglypuff/Other optional normal-type Pokemon?

I think that'd be a LOT more interesting when they met then just ruining a bike, don't you? [insert Ash's son's name] can make Raichu listen to him so he decides to catch another Pokemon, luckily he spots a Jigglypuff and throws a Pokeball at it, only to have the Pokeball be slapped back in his face and the POKEMON START YELLING AT HIM! That'd be something wouldn't it? And because she is a beginning Pokemon Magician she wouldn't be able to break the spell, so the reason she'd be following [insert name here] around is because he is traveling around the world already and with him no one will try "catching" her again, thinking he's her trainer.

For the "Brock" of the group I say a Pokemon Scientist because we haven't had one before; I can't count Max because he really wasn't one, he was just interested in Pokemon in general. I mean a real scientist who is interested in Pokemon evolution and their interactions with humans, which would be why he/she'd travel with [insert name here] to study them as time goes buy. Also, instead of having [insert name here] constantly pulling out his Pokedex to see what the Pokemon of the day is you could have the Pokemon Scientist give the audience the information . . .

And to add things I say bring in two more characters, rounding the number to 4 (5 if you include the Raichu who in his/her own right would be a main character). Another girl who would be in a estranged love-triangle with the main character and the Pokemon Magician and another male.

You'd be able to not only bring in old Gym Leaders (the Cerulean Gym match would be fun to watch) but also make Team Rocket the main villain again, NOT Jesse and James mind you just the group as a whole, and THIS time actually credible the entire way through. Not they win once in a while, but about 80-90% of the time they get away with whatever it is they're scheming.

You could make a really interesting story with this, you know?

I can agree with that Fusion, btw I have to be honest . . . I don't like the new picture.

I was discussing this with my club group and we all agreed that they should get rid of Ash. I came up with the idea of having him win the Unova League and retire, finally, and get married to Misty. Why Misty? Outside the fact I'm a die hard a real die hard Ash X Misty fan you have to admit that is the only female Ash has ever traveled with that has shown the possibility of developing into an actual relationship. They argue, they bicker, but at the same time while Misty was still around you'd see the two get flustered and embarrassed around each other; not to mention Ash STILL has the Misty Lure she gave him, so that should say something. May. Dawn. Iris. NONE of them that I've seen have shown interest in Ash relationship wise.

Misty = girlfriend

May = friend

Dawn = mentor (as much as Ash can be)

Iris = friend

Now that we have Ash out of the way, married and grown up I would think it'd be an interesting spin to have the new character be Ash's son. Since it's Ash's son you know he is going to have an electric Pokemon as his starter, but instead of going with the obvious cliche of it being a Pikachu (or heaven forbid the more cliche Pichu), but have it a Raichu. Why a Raichu? Because wouldn't it be interesting if unlike his father who believed mainly in the friendship of Pokemon that his son would be more interested in surpassing his father by getting his Pokemon as strong as possible, thus making his Pikachu evolve (maybe even against it's will).

That too me would be an interesting main character. He has a dream we can believe in, but because of his faults he is going about it the wrong way. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like he's abusive or doesn't care about his Pokemon, but he is more apt to want them to evolve than Ash was.

Who's the female interest or "Misty" of the group? You could continue the gag of destroying the girl's bike, but to me that's just as cliche . . .

Why not have a real interesting twist and make it so she's a Pokemon magician who, unlike the first and ONLY one we've seen who turned Ash into a Pikachu, but have her turn herself into a Jigglypuff/Other optional normal-type Pokemon?

I think that'd be a LOT more interesting when they met then just ruining a bike, don't you? [insert Ash's son's name] can make Raichu listen to him so he decides to catch another Pokemon, luckily he spots a Jigglypuff and throws a Pokeball at it, only to have the Pokeball be slapped back in his face and the POKEMON START YELLING AT HIM! That'd be something wouldn't it? And because she is a beginning Pokemon Magician she wouldn't be able to break the spell, so the reason she'd be following [insert name here] around is because he is traveling around the world already and with him no one will try "catching" her again, thinking he's her trainer.

For the "Brock" of the group I say a Pokemon Scientist because we haven't had one before; I can't count Max because he really wasn't one, he was just interested in Pokemon in general. I mean a real scientist who is interested in Pokemon evolution and their interactions with humans, which would be why he/she'd travel with [insert name here] to study them as time goes buy. Also, instead of having [insert name here] constantly pulling out his Pokedex to see what the Pokemon of the day is you could have the Pokemon Scientist give the audience the information . . .

And to add things I say bring in two more characters, rounding the number to 4 (5 if you include the Raichu who in his/her own right would be a main character). Another girl who would be in a estranged love-triangle with the main character and the Pokemon Magician and another male.

You'd be able to not only bring in old Gym Leaders (the Cerulean Gym match would be fun to watch) but also make Team Rocket the main villain again, NOT Jesse and James mind you just the group as a whole, and THIS time actually credible the entire way through. Not they win once in a while, but about 80-90% of the time they get away with whatever it is they're scheming.

You could make a really interesting story with this, you know?

You lost me at main character's son.

And having a "new" X would be painful to watch. If you're going to start a new show, with a different audience in mind like Fusion said, forget about the old concept. Don't just make a carbon copy with different characters.

Like every... season... has done so far.

In fact, I think a pokemon show called "Ditto Insurrection" would be a lot more interesting.

I don't really get the Pokémon Magician thing at all, but the rest of the stuff could potentially work.

Although, my friend says Ash and May could've had a thing, but he can be weird like that, so dunno if fully valid or not.

If they make a new show though, they'd need to shake the premise up a bit. Well, maybe not need since they know their current formula works well, but it'd be cool if it was a different kind of show in its own right.

Archived