~¤The Chibi Knights: Reborn¤~

DL 

Well you see, my school is cool enough to give me time to do both at once silly fusion. I'll try to setup a thread or PM so you guys can read the final copy.

Also, if the story isn't written by the original's author then not only is it obviously not the same storytelling style but the story could easily deviate from the reader's and the author's intentions. Few authors who pick up where another left off succeed in keeping the fanbase appeased.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, if the story isn't written by the original's author then not only is it obviously not the same storytelling style but the story could easily deviate from the reader's and the author's intentions. Few authors who pick up where another left off succeed in keeping the fanbase appeased.

Yeah I know the plot isn't going to be the same nor is it going to be in Fusion's writing style. I just wanted to make the sequel and when I hand it over to Fusion he can change it however he wants, if he wants it. If not then you can consider it the "GT" or "Absalon" of the Trio of DEF Universe.

(Yet I feel like it would be the GX of the DEF universe).

You can't call it a sequel if it doesn't actually follow the overall setting, plot and character setup. It's more like a spinoff.

More like the . . . oh come on! That's a low blow Creator (XD) I'll admit it doesn't follow the exact plot as the original Trio of DEF but honestly, no offense Fusion, what was the plot/setting/characters?

Characters were too many to count and even Fusion admits it. I'm sticking with the "core crew" and then adding on those who would make sense to bring in- sans your character Creator because you've stated you don't want to be in it.

The Setting was Yugo City and, yeah, I'm sticking to it and the surrounding areas like Tutorial Island. However like the original, which went to Japan, I am bringing a few characters to an far off place. I can't say where, because it would spoil a good portion of the story.

Now the plot . . . world domination

OfCOURSE.gif

Yeah I couldn't help put that in there. But basically the plot was a madman holds the world hostage so he can become the world ruler and will blow the planet up if he's killed or if he just wants too. Then a group of rebellious teenagers manage to figure a way to kill him without setting the bomb off, all the while making sure the entire world is evacuated just in case things go to sh*t.

I'm playing the more subtle, even when things get kind of sci-fi, route with everything either having a reason or an emotional tie-in.

tl;dr?

It's not the same, but I'm trying really hard to make sure it does look like a real sequel. Which is, among other things, why it's taking so d*mn long to write.

Well you see, my school is cool enough to give me time to do both at once silly fusion. I'll try to setup a thread or PM so you guys can read the final copy.

Sounds good dude, that'd be fun to read again.

And that is true, though I was honestly curious as to see what it'd be like through other people's styles and interpretations. Makes me wonder if J.K Rowling ever read Harry Potter fics and liked any.

Yeah I know the plot isn't going to be the same nor is it going to be in Fusion's writing style. I just wanted to make the sequel and when I hand it over to Fusion he can change it however he wants, if he wants it. If not then you can consider it the "GT" or "Absalon" of the Trio of DEF Universe.

So I just watched the new episode of TeamFourStar and they referenced Absalon too, what is it exactly? That online comic thing you posted in the Hotel a little while ago, or something else?

(Yet I feel like it would be the GX of the DEF universe).

You can't call it a sequel if it doesn't actually follow the overall setting, plot and character setup. It's more like a spinoff.

(Nono, that's Sonic's DEF story).

Not saying it's bad, but it's got that GX atmosphere.

Yeah, that sounds right. Spin-off that acts as a sequel since it takes place afterwards or something like that.

Let's just call it a DEF story >.>

More like the . . . oh come on! That's a low blow Creator (XD) I'll admit it doesn't follow the exact plot as the original Trio of DEF but honestly, no offense Fusion, what was the plot/setting/characters?

Characters were too many to count and even Fusion admits it. I'm sticking with the "core crew" and then adding on those who would make sense to bring in- sans your character Creator because you've stated you don't want to be in it.

The Setting was Yugo City and, yeah, I'm sticking to it and the surrounding areas like Tutorial Island. However like the original, which went to Japan, I am bringing a few characters to an far off place. I can't say where, because it would spoil a good portion of the story.

Now the plot . . . world domination

OfCOURSE.gif

Yeah I couldn't help put that in there. But basically the plot was a madman holds the world hostage so he can become the world ruler and will blow the planet up if he's killed or if he just wants too. Then a group of rebellious teenagers manage to figure a way to kill him without setting the bomb off, all the while making sure the entire world is evacuated just in case things go to sh*t.

I'm playing the more subtle, even when things get kind of sci-fi, route with everything either having a reason or an emotional tie-in.

tl;dr?

It's not the same, but I'm trying really hard to make sure it does look like a real sequel. Which is, among other things, why it's taking so d*mn long to write.

Well

I started off with a high school drama with some oddly placed action, then I turned it into post-armageddon land.

And characters, pssh, I just wanted to include everybody I knew where I could to make them feel special and stuff.

Boy did I learn that lesson the hard way.

But yeah, stick to a more manageable size. Easier to develop and expand on that way without clogging up the pacing.

I'm going to make a prediction right now and say they're doing multiverse travel.

Oh and feel free to rename stuff. Even if I could remember half the locations named after the site sections, the names were pretty silly and unbelievable (at least Yugo sounds plausible for a Japanese city...I think).

Kinda crazy how I find Japan and the UK to hold so much influence over created works I've seen on the Internet. I feel like there's a hidden subtext (not sure that's the word) where American names are too "boring" and people feel like they need to get overly creative when it's more about the character as a core.

I'm not sure that made sense, but I always try to add something else in a post so I don't just end up talking DEF >.>

And that is true, though I was honestly curious as to see what it'd be like through other people's styles and interpretations. Makes me wonder if J.K Rowling ever read Harry Potter fics and liked any.

I actually wouldn't think they read fan fictions of their own work because they'd probably be too busy with promotions of their work. However I, personally, would read some fan fictions if I ever have something that becomes popular. Kind of an inside look onto what certain people want to see, you know?

So I just watched the new episode of TeamFourStar and they referenced Absalon too, what is it exactly? That online comic thing you posted in the Hotel a little while ago, or something else?

Nah the web comic I posted in the Hotel was something completely different. Absalon is supposed to be a fan fiction where the story either continued from Dragon Ball Z and ignored GT, or continued after GT OR possibly between Dragon Ball Z and GT. Hell! I honestly have no clue where it is placed in the timeline because to be honest I have never watched an episode fully nor cared enough to actually find it.

Yeah, that sounds right. Spin-off that acts as a sequel since it takes place afterwards or something like that.

It's actually supposed to be about a year after the Mods resume power and become the Freed after Creator has disappeared. When I think about it the Wiseman Incident and Glitch would have happened during Emperor Aito's rule- with both enemies having managed to not be infected by his nanobot brain-bombs. So I placed it a year after Emperor Aito left to also give enough time for Striker to have his little "personal war" without the threat of Creator blowing his head off . . .

I'm going to make a prediction right now and say they're doing multiverse travel.

That's fairly straight forward. Take the entire group and take them on a road trip through the multiverse LOL (XD)

Yeah sorry but- nope.

Oh and feel free to rename stuff. Even if I could remember half the locations named after the site sections, the names were pretty silly and unbelievable (at least Yugo sounds plausible for a Japanese city...I think).

I've kept some of the names but there are some that I've either changed the purpose for or renamed/relocated. Like Tutorial Island was in the original just an island with little significance but I turned it into a Mod base.

Just saying, Yugo can mean "Hot water guardian" in Japanese

so I think Chris' secondary job can be at a spa.......that'd be pretty interesting to see...

I did not know that . . .

And I never planned on it, I mean Fusion is still a writer in Trio of DEF II.

Just saying, Yugo can mean "Hot water guardian" in Japanese

so I think Chris' secondary job can be at a spa.

......that'd be pretty interesting to see...

OR HOW BOUT YOU SIR.

THE ONE WITH THE HOT WATER GUNS?

YEAH, HOW BOUT THAT.

I actually wouldn't think they read fan fictions of their own work because they'd probably be too busy with promotions of their work. However I, personally, would read some fan fictions if I ever have something that becomes popular. Kind of an inside look onto what certain people want to see, you know?

Nah the web comic I posted in the Hotel was something completely different. Absalon is supposed to be a fan fiction where the story either continued from Dragon Ball Z and ignored GT, or continued after GT OR possibly between Dragon Ball Z and GT. Hell! I honestly have no clue where it is placed in the timeline because to be honest I have never watched an episode fully nor cared enough to actually find it.

It's actually supposed to be about a year after the Mods resume power and become the Freed after Creator has disappeared. When I think about it the Wiseman Incident and Glitch would have happened during Emperor Aito's rule- with both enemies having managed to not be infected by his nanobot brain-bombs. So I placed it a year after Emperor Aito left to also give enough time for Striker to have his little "personal war" without the threat of Creator blowing his head off . . .

That's fairly straight forward. Take the entire group and take them on a road trip through the multiverse LOL (XD)

Yeah sorry but- nope.

I've kept some of the names but there are some that I've either changed the purpose for or renamed/relocated. Like Tutorial Island was in the original just an island with little significance but I turned it into a Mod base.

I did not know that . . .

And I never planned on it, I mean Fusion is still a writer in Trio of DEF II.

If I ever became a published author, I think I'd wait to do that until after I finished my series. That way I won't be tempted to steal good ideas if I find any...

Wait, it was animated?

Smells like an animated flash series to check on...

And I wish I could have written out the Wiseman trilogy before the one-shot thread got locked. It was such a good story in my head, that would've been awesome to write.

Chris is a writer?

I actually had him as a journalist...but whatever, that works fine.

I have another prediction, but I'll hold it. See if I'm right :3

Wait, it was animated?

Smells like an animated flash series to check on...

Badly animated, but yes animated

Chris is a writer?

I actually had him as a journalist...but whatever, that works fine.

Well he published a book on the Inactive War so technically he is a writer.

I have another prediction, but I'll hold it. See if I'm right :3

PM? Skype? I wanna know now!

Also, I just checked but I have 5 chapters already done to my satisfaction.

Jake...if there are 5 chapters done, wouldn't it be polite to let people read them instead of teasing them about it?

Also, to be clear, Creator will not appear (due to him going into hiding and being really good at it). However, you intend to have his daughters and EVA appear iirc, yes?

@DL

Well, if you think it is such a good idea, why don't you write it?

@Fusion

Inventor and Wiseman were such good characters, I really wish we could've gone further with them. It isn't often something like that actually works out.

I don't want him to become a central figure again. For Jake's story he will remain off screen, but if Jake chooses can still influence things via EVA who is onscreen. His children will obviously take after him somewhat so it's not like he is gone entirely.

Also, EVA is an Android Remo, your chances are less than zero.

I don't want him to become a central figure again. For Jake's story he will remain off screen, but if Jake chooses can still influence things via EVA who is onscreen. His children will obviously take after him somewhat so it's not like he is gone entirely.

Also, EVA is an Android Remo, your chances are less than zero.

I guess I can see where you're coming from. I mean, it's not nearly as cool as Remo, but it definitely gets style points.

Wait, are we talking about the same Eva? You know, that one lady who shows up and appears to hop on Creators wrench?

Well, DEF working at the spa in itself would be a GREAT one-shot idea xDD

I'd love to see it =P

Actually, this reminded me of that one-shot you wrote with Andx in the Powerforce baths and that was hysterical, maybe you should write it o3o

@Fusion

Inventor and Wiseman were such good characters, I really wish we could've gone further with them. It isn't often something like that actually works out.

Yeah, they were quite the pair. If we did YMB3 earlier, I probably would've used them in the main story.

...though that was cluttered enough.

I'm kinda surprised no one started that up again, though I'm not complaining really.

Jake...if there are 5 chapters done, wouldn't it be polite to let people read them instead of teasing them about it?

Yeah that is why I really didn't want to say how many chapters I had already finished. But wouldn't it be better for me to get a season done before posting things so everyone doesn't have to wait for me to write more?

Also, to be clear, Creator will not appear (due to him going into hiding and being really good at it). However, you intend to have his daughters and EVA appear iirc, yes?

Sorry my memory is faulty, but who is EVA again?

As for Creator no he will not make a physical appearance, but he will be referenced, be seen in flashbacks, etc.

@Jake

Well, to be honest half the fun of a good story is waiting for the next chapter. It keeps you hooked on the idea and wanting to know more.

I'm fairly certain that there is a PM between us about EVA somewhere, let me see if I can bump it or something...

@Fusion

We could totally continue that story on our fre-*killed by psychic attack*

Apparently that PM was closed/deleted.

So I'll just repost the basic post:

I know your going to be mentioning Creator in your story and everything, so I've decided to give you something that might make that transition easier.

CA.png

Meet EVA (Electronically Versatile Assistant). Given a bio-mechanical body as well as an independent AI separate from the PROTO AI (also secretly superior due to the ability to 'evolve').

EVA's one overriding directive is to ensure that all of her decisions produce a positive outcome for Creator. That is what makes her superior to PROTO in that, should Creator go insane, she can produce the positive outcome of ending his life.

If you need an easier explanation think Creator's version of Cortana, given a physical body.

@Jake

EVA wasn't in the original DEF, EVA was developed after the PROTO AI reached it's limit and Creator needed something a little more...cunning since he would be personally disappearing from the face of the earth.

EVA is, unless thoroughly examined, indistinguishable from a Human except for her ability to call up a holoscreen and hijack AI programs with her mind.

and no she has no built in weapons, the particular EVA that you would use is a fan of swords and guns, like Creator, or at least that is what I would assume.

@Remo

Well, since you have nothing positive to offer Creator in anyway except comic relief, EVA probably has zero interest in you. 

Archived