• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remo...EVA is an AI program.

Not all EVA have female-looking bodies.

In fact, most don't.

THEN MY HEART WILL MAKE IT SO

DEF RUNS ON NONSENSEOLEUM

although to be entirely honest this rush of hot blooded-ness really only came when you provided a female looking image and compared EVA to Cortana. Plus, only Deus would make an AI called EVA a man

EVA wasn't in the original DEF, EVA was developed after the PROTO AI reached it's limit and Creator needed something a little more...cunning since he would be personally disappearing from the face of the earth.

EVA is, unless thoroughly examined, indistinguishable from a Human except for her ability to call up a holoscreen and hijack AI programs with her mind.

and no she has no built in weapons, the particular EVA that you would use is a fan of swords and guns, like Creator, or at least that is what I would assume.

Okay that explains why I don't remember EVA at all, though now I think I have some place to put her in . . .

Okay so I just had this random idea going up the stairs...

Everyone here has heard of the Prince of Tennis yes?

Well what if we did a RP like that except with Soccer?

Oh, oh! I know.

But you know, the matches would be ridiculously hard to RP, unless the opponents were strictly NPC, or the result was coin tossed, or somesuch.

And the whole powershot thing always had me on edge.

Well, yeah I see your points there.

For Powershots, I could make it a simple coin toss to see if a NPC could block it and if a PC is the goalie I'd let them decide between themselves whether or it hits.

As for the teams, we could either have a full PC team and like you said make all the opponents NPC or we could, again as you said, flip a coin.

I just thought it was an interesting idea.

DEF RUNS ON NONSENSEOLEUM

Sigging that.

Again, that does sound like an interesting idea that could work well if done right, but I am not the man to do it as I'm just not a true-born RPer.

If there's only 3 more chapters in the season, then that's fine with me. I can wait.

Once you pick up and follow so many series, you gain a lot more patience for waiting surprisingly. Might be because there's almost always something to read everyday.

As much as I'd love to RP... Soccer never really appealed to me. I play the occasional game, yes, but overall, I wouldn't go joining an official team or anything. As far as I'm concerned, the idea of a semi-contact sport where you can't even use your hands just isn't manly enough.

[spoiler=On an unrelated note]

I finally finished watching what I have of Fairy Tail, which left off on Natsu being held prisoner to power the Dragonoid. So, I went to read the Manga, yes, I said I was reading the Manga. Couldn't tell from the chapter titles where it was I left on in it, so I started from "A Guild for a single person"

Little did I know that the Manga went from that to Edras, rather than the Dragonoid thing. Holy shiz, it's getting crazy![/spoiler]

Oh and by true RPer, I meant a guy who actually sticks around for more than 2-3 posts >>

That depends. I usually post for a few pages running, but usually by that time, either the RP or my character dies out.

I've also started reading Fairy Tale. Thank god for the Manga Reader app.

Fairy Tail isn't bad at all, but it's not the best. It feels far too... conservative, by the book, almost completely formulaic at times. It's written well for the most part, you can feel for the characters, and it has good pacing, but it's just too... quiet. It doesn't try to make a name for itself at all.

That depends. I usually post for a few pages running, but usually by that time, either the RP or my character dies out.

I've also started reading Fairy Tale. Thank god for the Manga Reader app.

Yeah, sometimes it can't be helped either. Extenuating circumstances IRL and all that junk can get in the way since an RP depends on multiple people. 

And overall you're in for a good ride. Things have been meh lately, but hopefully by the time you catch up, things'll be back on track.

Fairy Tail isn't bad at all, but it's not the best. It feels far too... conservative, by the book, almost completely formulaic at times. It's written well for the most part, you can feel for the characters, and it has good pacing, but it's just too... quiet. It doesn't try to make a name for itself at all.

Well

I'm pretty sure it's still in the top 5 mangas in Japan, or at least the top 10. Or do you mean in terms of innovation?

I mean innovation.

It's a very solid, well written series (Well, not as much recently, but...), yet it doesn't go out of its way to stand out. KHR, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Toriko, and so on each do something at least a little strange or out there to get notice. Yet Fairy Tail feels very plain. The story is nothing outstanding, the characters are well developed but nothing new, it just doesn't stand out beyond being completely and totally solid.

The anime has amazing music to stand out for it, but that's about it.

Also, after thinking about KHR, then 5D's, and so on... Is it me, or do a lot of series start to/actually do decline in quality towards the end?

I guess that makes sense. Although, nowadays I'd say the creativity market has a much bigger emphasis on execution over originality and FT falls in line with that. 

As for that second thing, I'd say it varies on a few things, but overall, I've heard the argument that mainstream series suffer from being milked for too long and I'd say there is that overall general danger for each series, but it's more a case by case thing in regards to the viewer's taste.

Like some people say Naruto's gotten much worse than it used to be whereas I think it's as wonderful as it's ever been, but I most certainly hold prejudice and have different standards than other people do. Did Naruto get worse objectively because of a bigger focus on action over substance? Maybe, but for those who are fine with flashy action anyways, they could see things the opposite and love it more than before.

tl;dr it depends on perspective and I'd say it's different for each person.

As for me and KHR, I was actually really liking the last arc until it got condensed within the last 10-15 chapters or so and completely threw the pacing out the window. 

That's the thing that sucks about manga, that it's a business.

Some series never flesh out their full potential or they're run for too long and end up grasping at straws for ideas.

Luckily, One Piece is immune to any of that.

I'm not even saying it needs to be that original, just take a chance. It feels like the mangaka has the rule book next to him and makes sure to follow it letter by letter.

KHR had the potential to beat TTGL on my list, which is Number 2. The ending made it drop from Number 3 to 4.

I mean, all in all, it was wonderful... But that ending =T

The ending feels like it was forced to end by the publishers, and honestly, there's almost no helping it feeling really off when it happens, no matter who's writing it.

That's what sucks, if KHR had some more time granted to it, it could have ended with a bang. But apparently it hasn't been selling well and that's why publishers pulled the plug.

And yeah, you'll see a lot of the same stuff because that's the stuff that sells. It'd be great to see some variety, but some might feel if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Though I'm sure many would like to challenge what their definition of "broke" is.

Lol, I bought a box set for the anime, and the last ep was a complete cliffhanger. So I checked the manga for where I left off, and oh, man, was I surprised at what I found! 

Also, Edo Lucy, I'd say, is far more manly than Earth-Lucy.

As for anime declining toward the end... honestly, I agree with Fuse that a lot of things just get milked to much for too long. Pokemon was really good when it first came about, but somewhere during Johto, it just got too... repetitive. Yugioh, in my  opinion, it still good. 5D's and Zexal aren't as good as the original or G/X, but it's not terrible. After Crocodile, One Piece was just... meh. Naruto, up to what I've seen, and I feel I have a lot of catching up to do, was pretty decent. As for Bleach... we'll see.

... You know that Pokemon Black/White and Black/White 2 are heralded as the best seasons since the first, right? It declined a bit, but it's getting back on track.

5D's is easily better than GX, and even ZeXal is at least even with GX ._.

Bleach was obvious, and you can't really use Skypiea against One Piece. It was just a slow arc.

I mean, agree with him if you want, seeing as I think he's right as well, but Bleach aside, those were pretty awful examples.

For YGO, I actually enjoyed GX more than 5Ds and ZeXal, but objectively I know 5Ds was the better show than both, regarding characters at least (Yusei's just the biggest Stu though, what the deuce). ZeXal seems like it's trying too hard to merge shonen cliches, but it comes off weird because it's a card game show, not an action series.

Bleach does get kinda bad, sorry to burst your bubble DMG. But One Piece gets loads better as time goes on, trust me on that one.

I didn't know Pokémon was doing that well though. Maybe I shouldn't have dropped Best Wishes so early on :T

Caeda stopped Pokemon ages ago, and while still not an avid watcher, she will gladly watch Pokemon any time it's on TV now. Especially Iris episodes.

From what I've seen, the supporting cast is better than it has been in ages, Team Rocket's a threat, etc.

Yusei is a fucking Stu. 5D's just has the best first half. Second half is mediocre, though.

ZeXal has VECTOR. The main antagonist of the first 3 seasons, a main antagonist in the 4th, and is like Yami Marik had a baby with Yubel, who they then taught to act like Weevil and Antimony.

For example?

[spoiler=Potential Spoilers]

skupvd.jpg

[/spoiler]

Also, ZeXal is a semi=parodic series, whereas 5D's and GX piggybacked off of other famous series in a serious manner to do well. 5D's has TTGL as a major influence, whereas GX has Harry Potter and a bit of Bleach, of course this is among others.

Well good for Pokémon for finally getting its stuff together. I know Charizard came back recently and that's pretty cool.

I'm behind 2 episodes in ZeXal, so I'll wait to comment on that until I catch up.

Also, ZeXal is a semi=parodic series, whereas 5D's and GX piggybacked off of other famous series in a serious manner to do well. 5D's has TTGL as a major influence, whereas GX has Harry Potter and a bit of Bleach, of course this is among others.

Not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I'll take a guess.

5Ds=TTGL because space shenanigans and over the top kindasortaunnecessary evolutions and GX=Harry Potter/Bleach for setting/interesting static characters with not much development/room to grow respectively?

ZeXal being a half-parody makes sense, but I feel like you gotta look for that or else it'll sail over your head like it did for me.

It's a bit more with 5D's. Ener-D/Momentum is basically Spiral Power, the final boss' lair is a Teppelin Knockoff, Shooting Quasar Dragon is TTGL, etc.

GX used popular elements from those series and put them together, in addition to those. Hell, GX has a whole mini-arc in a constantly night-time desert filled with monsters and zombies.

You HAVE to look at ZeXal as a joke or it falls totally flat.

Oh, and Jake, Caeda says don't you dare use her in the DEF thing you're doing.

Well good for Pokémon for finally getting its stuff together. I know Charizard came back recently and that's pretty cool.

I actually want to watch that episode. I don't think I've watched Pokemon since . . . wow . . . maybe since Dawn was a part of the group and even then I really dind't watch every episode.

Oh, and Jake, Caeda says don't you dare use her in the DEF thing you're doing.

Uh sorry . . . kind of impossible to do that Black/Caeda. I mean for Creator I can easily do that since he's, you know, gone, but Caeda's character is still around. I can minimize her screen time but at the same time she has some important parts.

If Caeda wants I'm willing to take a PM/Skype and see what she wants / does not want to have done with her character. But, as I've said before, the character isn't her. I am not being rude or disrespectful to her when I am writing this story- I just want to write a good story. So I will do with her character as I see fit, but again, I am willing to let her have some input.

Actually I have to admit, I think I play Caeda off pretty well from what I can remember. She isn't some girly-girl or bad character. If anything she is a bit of an overbearing mother who wants her daughter to study hard and go to college, but being the mother of an only child I think that's acceptable.

Archived