Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

the sub of episode 31 was saying that number 7 been lock up in a gallery of a museum and this implies that number 7 exists long before Astral's arrival? O:

on the subject: there was an unrelated effect of negating Number 7's lucks by splitting a sun into 2 which is a legend that was told about weird right? but even so Trade Game card have an effect that negates all rolling dies effects anyway if he lost the result of course :/. so for that spell card Sun's scale is the key to end Charlie's lucks pretty much.

but what i can't get my head wrap around is that this card exist while before Astral's arrival? and been placed in museum? for how long? O.o

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Lucky Stripe might only have been in the museum a few days/weeks as a new exhibit, since Astral's arrival. But in support of your statement, Akira and Charlie kept going on about some legend of the sun supporting that cards power of luck, which was odd and doesn't fit with the Numbers being Astrals memories thing.

Anyway, the actual episode. Yet again very excited about an upcoming episode, but came away let down afterwards.

I totally get that Charlie would become a thief for his niece who needed the operation, and that if he explained it to Yuma and Astral they would let him give it to her for the op. At least thats the impression from what Yuma and Astral said at the end (lol at Astral freaking out at the end. 'She's giving us the card back right? Right?'). Certainly more of an understandable situation than wanting to create a tomato paradise. Generally I really liked Charlie, especially at the end with Akira (camera pans away to give them a moment in private... slap :lol:)

I think the duel was a let down though. That Bye Bye Game card that kept multiplying Charlie's life, why keep activating it? I'm presuming there must have been a 'must' part of that otherwise Yuma won through Charlie taking a chance too many. That's not a bad way for him to have won by any means, in fact appropriate really, but because Charlie went for [u]that[/u] effect again by choice seems a stupid way about it. It also didn't explain in the sub that when Bye Bye Game fails, you can't activate anymore dice effects that turn, because I was perplexed as to why he didn't attack with Lucky Stripe for game. Yuma had enough life to sustain an attack if the result had been a one, and it would have been more tense for the kids believing Yuma might lose if he was being attacked than Bye Bye game not activating.

However the really stupid thing was that Scale of the Sun card. Why on earth does some random spell card hold sway over a Number?

Still, putting a brave face on, high hopes shall be raised again for next week. Tetsuo & Takashi vs IV. Surely that will be as awesome as promised... right?

PS: I hadn't looked at No 7's proper effect until after the episode as wanted the surprises to be kept in store, but looking at it, card seems freaking awesome.

Oh, two more things:

1 that isn't that immediately relevant - why is Haruto getting no exposure whatsoever at the minute? The little guy is awesome.

2 that is a bit more relevant - in the promo for tomorrows highly anticipated ep, Yuma refers to IV as 'the evil hero'...? Find that a bit of a weird title at present.

Looking forward to IV's deck, as I suspect his cards will be released in Galatic Overlord.

Oh yeah, IV is going to completely crush the pair of them, but knowing that makes me anticipate his cards even more.

He won't use Gravekeepers. He'll be using something new (that will then probably be released in next set). The idea of scarecrows... is actually one I quite like. Crashbug support is to be expected, but doubt any support would become more than anime only.

Also duel is set to go two episodes now, so 33 is likely to be a lot of build-up and maybe one opening turn each.

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1322484449' post='5671977']
According to lolwikia, IV has Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Killer, which is a Rank 8. Also Steelswarm Roach and Lagia make cameos. Takashi also has new cards, including something called Vaccine Girl.
[/quote]

Rank 8? Appropriate for him to have a big one, and super awesome. Puppeters would be an awesome theme idea instead of scarecrows.

Read the little summary thing on Wikia about ep 33. Looking forward to it, even if the real fireworks are ep 34.

I'm now going to take my usual four day stay away from this thread until I've seen the episode (subbed). Later :D

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128204951/yugioh/images/thumb/c/cf/Vacine.png/566px-Vacine.png[/img]
Yeah, the heck is this?
Not that Tetsuo's is better...
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128204925/yugioh/images/thumb/3/3f/Iron_Archduke.png/679px-Iron_Archduke.png[/img]

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1322515833' post='5672792']
I think the thing that excites me most about this ep is that it simply dosen't involve Yuma.
[/quote]

[quote name='Clear Vice Dragon' timestamp='1322516008' post='5672802']
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128204951/yugioh/images/thumb/c/cf/Vacine.png/566px-Vacine.png[/img]
Yeah, the heck is this?
Not that Tetsuo's is better...
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128204925/yugioh/images/thumb/3/3f/Iron_Archduke.png/679px-Iron_Archduke.png[/img]
[/quote]

I withdraw my previous comment.

Just saw the episode raw.

IV is amusing. Seriously.

[spoiler=Episode stuff]
A scene with some dialogue between III, IV, and V, and briefly Tron.

IV acts like a nice guy to Takashi and Tetsuo for a bit, signing autographs and using "boku" when he duels (until the last move), as well as complimenting their plays.

His Disk is similar to Kaito's in that it's slight blade-like and appears on his arm similarly. His crest then glows and creates a Gazer around his eye, again, similar to Kaito.

They quickly get a lead on him, but he evades loss with a Trap that also Summons some weird Level 8 monster.
He then Normal Summons some sort of Scarecrow card and uses a Spell to make it Level 8.

III makes a comment about Numbers, forewarning Yuma and Astral that IV has a Number, right before he brings out Number 15. Its effect to destroy Xyz is somewhat disturbing in appearance, judging by how Kotori and Yuma react to it. (It slowly sucks them into a grinder in its chest, and then a large cannon inflicts damage)

Shark shows up afterwards.

Episode 34's preview shows Shark dueling III, and the Number "32" appears on Shark's hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=reaction to episode 34 Preview]
so Shark is getting a new Numbers? well it makes sense since III is gotta be using a Numbers and Yuma got his Numbers during his first on-screen duel with Shark[/spoiler]

also i think the reason why Astral didn't absorb Number 7 from Charlie is because the Number didn't take hold of Charlie (unless i'm wrong)

And the preview for 34 on Wiki implies III does it too. Wiki claims Shark has no Number, but in the preview, Number 32 appears on his hand, and he seems to be controlling some sort of red dragon-like thing with a Number 32 on its chest.

I THINK it's 32, anyway. It's a little hard to see the first number, but it's either 3 or 8.

More likely they did a deliberate "Give Shark our Number, see what happens" kind of trick. Or maybe Shark thought it'd be good to use Splash Capture again.

Archived