YCM Awards of 2011 (Discussions and Questions)

Fusion X. Denver

Also, why should Shattered Sky be excluded from the awards? Votes are votes, unless somebody changed at the last second.

Quite a few did, because J-Max's total changed in the span of a couple hours, drastically

But, it all came down to Fuse saying it was a go =/

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be a jerk. After all, you clearly want to advertise the fact that you got awards in your sig. ;D

Normally I'd take being called a jerk as a compliment, but I feel you're taking this the wrong way. I'm giving them the explicit option not to make me awards knowing that I'm not going to use them. If they want to actually put effort into something that'll eventually go to waste, it's their choice entirely.

And it's not an advertisement, clearly. Being Best Debater on YCM is about as touching as... being called the most intelligent person at a Taco Bell. They're meaningless.

Quite a few did, because J-Max's total changed in the span of a couple hours, drastically

But, it all came down to Fuse saying it was a go =/

I'm not sure if I was actually leading then but this whole "Death" thing seemed to change everything. Taking the loss with a smile though (Actually i'm a bit pissed off the way things changed) That's why next awards i'm suggesting that a Member's Votes is FINAL! If they are changed ten that Member's entire Vote choices are null and void.

I'm not sure if I was actually leading then but this whole "Death" thing seemed to change everything. Taking the loss with a smile though (Actually i'm a bit pissed off the way things changed) That's why next awards i'm suggesting that a Member's Votes is FINAL! If they are changed ten that Member's entire Vote choices are null and void.

And if a member was to type in the name of another by accident? You wish to exclude votes of those who may be distracted as well? Seems pretty unfair to me. I'd say just keep a record in the voting thread about who changed their votes and who to.

A suggestion, to be taken as such and not a moderator rule or anything (unless it starts generating too much heat): "biggest douche" sounds like a terrible idea.

It's not something worth attributing a "prize", and there's no point having people directly nominate who they don't like. If someone really is a douche, they're best left ignored.

Awards should highlight positive features only, in my opinion.

Gonna have to agree with this.

While the winner will most likely be the one who wants it and takes pride in being an douche, it's pretty much giving all the regular users a free license to flame each other.

I don't like it, in principle.

And if a member was to type in the name of another by accident? You wish to exclude votes of those who may be distracted as well? Seems pretty unfair to me. I'd say just keep a record in the voting thread about who changed their votes and who to.

That would require a YCM Council Member to stick around almost 24 Hours a day :/ Also when a very recent event happened, there was a mass Exodus of Votes.

Then I shall explain :) Shattered Sky wasn't even in the running for most Polite. Around 24 hours before Voting ending, she "Died" from what I understand, quite a few members switched their Votes to her as a sign of "Respect" Then after the awards are over, we find out that Shatered is still alive. Coincedence? I think not Blazing Mars for most respected was Trolling but fair enough. Shattered Sky was nothing but a Vote Grab.

Then I shall explain :) Shattered Sky wasn't even in the running for most Polite. Around 24 hours before Voting ending, she "Died" from what I understand, quite a few members switched their Votes to her as a sign of "Respect" Then after the awards are over, we find out that Shatered is still alive. Coincedence? I think not Blazing Mars for most respected was Trolling but fair enough. Shattered Sky was nothing but a Vote Grab.

Large amount of vote changing in a small time span.

EDIT: J-Max, when did you become a ninja?

Thanks to both of you, then.

Anyways, why would her fake death increase her amount of votes for politeness? Simply wondering why they'd choose that award in specific. Personally, whether or not she actually wins is of little matter, but if she won for something as worthless as pity, then perhaps she does not deserve it.

Do whatever you wish to do on the situation. I'm fine either way.

Does it bother you that much, J-Max?

Archived