Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

Despite all that Leon had turned into, he realized that he still had himself in control.....Drake was nothing more then a nuisance at the moment, it also made him realize that he had left Hannah all alone.....sure, by now her family was at the hotel....or she might be at a hospital by now, but he had left her again.....just like he did when they were children.....he was angry at himself, but there was a difference.....Amber and Leon were happy no matter what, as long as they had one another.....Hannah...Hannah would be better off with her own life as future CEO of her father's company.......and his family had already replaced him with someone else....this tournament....this mission was all he had, to exterminate the Numbers.....it caused him to think once more on them....and despite how he was beginning to cope, it was gone once again.....and his hatred for Numbers returned greater then ever, under his bandana, his eye burned, as if begging to look upon the world and the Numbers it would soon give it's "master" Red-Eyes for him to cleanse....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomas raised an eyebrow. [b]"That would be a really cool trick, if the reason he can do it wasn't an evil demonic trading card..."[/b] He walked towards the bike himself, intending to try and follow Leon. Then he stopped himself. [i]"No...I can leave him and Amber alone for now, I guess. For the moment, I'll stay here..."[/i] He noticed Mikey and Blazey. [i]"I suppose I ought to stop ignoring them..."[/i] He turned, and went to the twins instead. [b]"Hey guys. You're OK, right? Judging by the way you look, Mikey, I'm guessing you're either OK or possessed by a demonic trading card. I really hope it's the former, Shark Drake's enough of a problem."[/b]

Amber felt Leon's hands hold her's and then a kiss on the forehead, though his touch felt a little different than usuall, then he heard everyone talking to him. She was still happy though.. Leon kept his promise.

[b]"[color=#008080]To put it as lightly as I can... You look like you have a skeleton for an exoskeleton... You've become a monster on the outside..."[/color][/b]
[b][i]"Zebby..! That was a bit harsh..."[/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#00FFFF]"It's true... But Leon... I'm not sure anyone will let you out of here with me."[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i]"... Maybe not.. unless I can wake up..."[/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#008080]"Even then M'Lady.. I have a bad feeling about this place... and about this Heartland fellow..."[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i]"I don't like it here either... I wanna go somewhere else..."[/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#800080]"We'll have to fight our way out more than likely... Are you sure you're ready for that Miss Amber?"[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i]"No option... I'm leaving this place... nn!"[/i][/b]

Ambers fingers began to twitch a little bit, and her grip on her deckbox got just a little bit tighter. Her eyelids tightened a little as she let out a tired moan. It was like she was trying to her best to wake up, but she just couldn't.

[i][b]"Phooey.. Amber no approve of this..."[/b][/i]
[i][b][color=#008080]"this is no time to start acting childish.. Don't force it..."[/color][/b][/i]
[i][b]"Eeeew... Is that an IV on my arm I feel...? ICK! I HATE needles...."[/b][/i]

Amber shuddered a bit as she started to have a little more feeling from everything around her.

Dorian and Butler finally arrived at the infamous hospital of assorted numebers while Dorian was busy waking from his slumber he was somewhat eager to finally acquire some new numbers and there seemed to be plenty for he taking. L'etoile and Shock Master were also preparing themselves because they hav never been on the invading side before they tended to protect their master while he was busy delving into the dark side of humanity. Butler still gifted with sight could see the aura of Yami and Yuki and he new that they were his biggest threats so he quietly took the safety off his concealed Desert Eagle pistols just in case someone had to get a head shot. Dorian took in a deep breathe and the two of them guarded by the two numbers made their presence known and simply walked through the front door. Anyone who could sense numbers could sense the arrival of these two and they made there way down the halls Dorian could do nothing but laugh as he was about to take cards from a sleeping girl which is literally harder than taking candy from a baby. The two approach he room where it seems everyone was and walked in. By the time they made it in front of everybody it appears they were already having a conversation.

"...I mean I would think there is some security in this place I am pretty disappointed here." Dorian turns and looks at all the boys in the room. "Oh my who would have thought Digi girl had so many male friends. In my day we call those girls sluts but you never know now. Dorian laughed at his own joke while Butler was braced for action.

[color=#000080][b]"What did you just say!?" [/b][/color]Seth spoke angrilly at the stranger and approached him first[color=#000080] [b]"Say that again you piece of sh*t... I DARE you!"[/b][/color]
[b]"[i]Digi-Girl...? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"[/i][/b]

[b][i][color=#008080]"Grrrrr....."[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i]"Zebby? You alright buddy?"[/i][/b]

To those who could see his form, Zebulos was in a defensive stance as he glared down at Dorian and Butler. [b][color=#008080]"I won't let you near... Begone from us!" [/color][/b]Said Zebulos to the two new numbers that had entered the room with Dorian.

He stood there and watched, Amber was slowly fighting to get herself back up, for a second...just one second, a small smile nearly crept on his face again, and then Dorian had entered the room, ruining just about everything....he turned and smelled, alot of familiar smells, arrogance, cowardice.....a gun....and Numbers, Seth didn't like the sudden appearance of this character, but did nothing but stand by Amber's side, Josep however, meant nothing to Amber. "I'm guessing by the cocky look on your face that you're here for something involving her as a duelist....her Number perhaps.....well, I think I'll be the first to tell you you won't be getting them....."

Josep didn't look at Dorian any longer, his sight fixated on the butler, Butlers were highly trained to defend their masters, he knew this from experience, so if there was any violence, he wouldn't want to deal with him, the smell of the steel from a gun came from Dorian himself, again, not something to deal with, even Number possession doesn't stop a body from being riddled with bullets. "You wouldn't want her Numbers anyway, how about this instead......duel me, and you can have not one....but three Numbers....how's that sound to you rich boy?" he taunted, people like Dorian were exactly the kind of kids he dealt with in his own childhood.

Star fcepalmed as she sees the immediate effects of her masters actions.

"You just couldn't say hello. Now look we already have a Numbers trying to engage us in combat."
"Who is it show me..." Dorian replied of course since he considered Seth so beneath him there was no need to reply besides Seth first unfortunate mistake was not insult Dorian it was moving towards him. This puts him on Butlers radar which means unless the boy shows some restraint in the next two seconds he will be giving Amber comfort as a spirit whispering in her dreams. Star gave him the gift of sight once again and he saw Zebulous. "OMG its so cute. I am definitely taking Hamtaro with me. Now you wait patiently otherwise I won't let you play in your hamster wheel after the tournament. Hey Star why don't you try talking to him you're a goody-goody like he is maybe you can say something."

Dorian turns off his vision and observes the room. "Ugh I think half of you should arguably be dead already no matter. Who has the girls numbers." Dorian then realizes that Amber is actually the only human girl here. "...Mega Slut.."

Dorian then here's the voice of some other human in the room. Unfortunately he didn't know of this one which was all the better. Solve the unknown problems first. Then the boy insulted him with simple assault on his status it was more amusing than insensitive and of course with the two monsters in the room a duel is just easy enough to occupy everyone's time. "Sure I am up for sport before conquest but since I don't feel like wagering a heart piece how about if you win I destroy one of my numbers converse if I win I get yours?" the mystery boy wasn't the only one who could sense numbers Dorian was going to have fun with this one.

[color=#800080][i]"A monster? It could be worse...I could be a furry talking dog right?" [/i][/color]- Leon joked.

[u][color=#800080][b]"WHAT!?"[/b][/color][/u] - Leon left Amber's side and confronted Dorian, grabbing him by the neck - [color=#800080][u]"That's MY girl you are talking about, you *sshole. She isn't a slut, you hear me!?"[/u][/color] - Leon's black aura started to grow in size, reacting to his anger.

[b][i][u]"Let go of him. The man has a gun, and I am no bullet-proof jacket."[/u][/i][/b]

Leon let go of Dorian and took a step back -[u][color=#800080] "What do you want here? If the Numbers are what you seek...well, you'll have to walk over our dead bodies. Right, Seth? Josep?"[/color][/u] - He then heard the proposal of Josep dueling him - [u][color=#800080]"Sure...that's more interesting. You can take the 3 Numbers, and my Number too. If you lose...we throw your *ss off this place, what do you say?"[/color][/u]

Josep looked at his eyes carefully, he was dangerous, not physically, but emotionally and mentally "If I win, you give me one of your Numbers....if you win, you get all three of mine, I could care less of these cards.....besides, I don't need your heart pieces...." he said sternly, standing off the wall and walking near Dorian, completely calm and collected, not even a threat to Butler, something he learned by sneaking past his own butlers back in the day. "Either way you profit, either you win three or you lose the one you don't seem to like....."

He had heard Leon's proposal, but he couldn't risk Leon losing a Number he couldn't retrieve later on, the three he had were very docile regardless, and were not as large a threat as Shark Drake.....or so he believed..... "We'll do it on the roof, it'll be too crowded here....you wouldn't want the city to be deprived of your grand spectacle to defeat someone, come on, so you can show your greatness to everyone within a mile radius....." he stated with a....dark grin...unlike himself.

Yuki was relieved when Leon walked through the door. However, something is rather off about him, as if he was still under 32's control. [i][color=#4b0082]"Leon... I don't whether I should be happy or worried... I can certainly feel 32 in him, but this is different. He's not controlled by it... Odd." [/color][/i][color=#000000]As Yuki pondered about whether Leon is on the good side or the bad side, Dorian walked through the door. He was enraged when he called Amber slut, but Seth was even angrier and [/color]got mad at him before Yuki can. Yuki also felt 2 numbers close to Dorian, but it was of low priority to him now that he is in control of both his Numbers.

[color=#FFD700][b]"I don't like that guy."[/b][/color]
[b][u][color=#000000]"Me too. There is something rather despicable about this Dorian. Yuki, Here's my word of advice: Don't let that man near your lady. Who knows what he have in mind."[/color][/u][/b]

51 and 44 appears beside Yuki once again. But this time, they have their weapons prepared, ready to attack anyone who might harm Amber or Yuki.

[color=#4b0082]"Just calm down, you two. There's no need for violence." [/color][color=#000000]Yuki raised his hand in front of his numbers, stopping them from killing anyone in the room. With his numbers at bay, Yuki stayed calm and watched as new events unfold in the hospital.[/color]

After Yami put Dorian down Dorian simply dusted off his shoulders and snickered. "I heard that ants can lift 20 times there own body weight. Well guess that was truth. You're the boyfriend? I thought it was the boy over there (pointing to Seth) you know the one she entered the tournament for, the one she risked her life for, (he then looks at Seth) and the one who put her in a burning building, and put her in a coma. You from what I gather is backwash. You're the combination of spittle and carbonated water left in can when someone drinks a soda. Sure you have some flavor but you just end up in the trash." Dorian examines Yami Leo's current form. "Which it looks like you are already on the fast track to becoming anyway."

Dorian notices Joesph's movements and is slightly unsettled for a second, but that is what happens when you face the unknown. Dorian looks down at Amber for a second and thinks. "Butler I shall deal with this one by myself I trust you can handle these simpletons besides they are pretty much dead people walking anyway. Isn't that right Dark Magus (Yuki)?" Butler is shocked at this command because of all the present dangers it would be foolish to go alone, but his master never made a useles move even this boating was part of his plan. So he trusted his master and let him go to the roof by himself and if any of these monsters made a move death was only a click away.

As Dorian and Joseph are now on the roof Dorian has his D-Gazer set and duel disk ready. "Its such a nice day today mind if we chat while we play it's not like we have anything better to do. Also who do you want to go first?"

[u][color=#800080]"Backwash!? Spit!?"[/color][/u] - Yami Leon's black aura soon was three times its original size - [color=#800080][u]"Well...sadly, Seth isn't his boyfriend, it is me. And..."[/u][/color] - he raised his fist, in order to punch Dorian, but decided not to do it - "...[u]And learn some manners, I could kill all of you right now."[/u] - he walked back next to Amber instead, sitting, again, on the floor. [color=#800080]"[i]I don't think I should get any angrier, or something bad could happen. I shouldn't have lied about being Amber's boyfriend either. That just won't happen."[/i][/color]

[i][color=#800080]"Stop struggling, Amber. You'll wake up when you have to, and Seth and I will protect you until then. What Zebulos and Sonya mean to say is that Drake's influence is changing my body. I'm slowly turning into some sort of...skeleton? I'm not sure myself. I might have to leave before you wake up if things turn for the worst."[/color][/i]

[color=#800080][u]"Seth."[/u][/color] - Leon looked over his shoulder at Seth, who was standing near Dorian - [color=#800080]"We should stay with Amber, and let them sort their problems out."[/color]

[color=#000080][b]"Leon.. Don't bet your cards on a duel you aren't even participating in.. and trust me... I want to kick his can just as much as you do... No one calls my friends vulgar names like that... I don't care who they are... But.. At least one of us should stay here with her if anyone plans on watching that duel. Leon.. I think maybe you ought to stay with her."[/b][/color]

Then Seth heard Dorian talking smack about Him, and was a bit disturbed by how accurate he was.

[color=#000080][b]"How in the Hell..? How would you know ANY of that? You are wrong about one thing though money bags... Amber and I aren't an item.. We're more like brother and sister than anything else... And Yeah.. I made a mistake.. a HUGE one.. But who are you to judge me? You're just a glorified piece of trash yourself... Targetting Amber's numbers while she's in this state..."[/b][/color]

Seth then looked to Butler

[b][color=#000080]"... I won't allow anyone to hurt Amber as I did... You'll have to shoot me dead first!"[/color][/b]

Seth then looked over to Leon, and spoke just loud enough so only he would hear..

[color=#000080][b]"Hey.... If things get dicey.. Take Amber and get the hell out of here..."[/b][/color]

[b][color=#008000]"This is not exactly my facility.. but There is another patient here... I would suggest not shooting off any weapons or magic or whatever here..."[/color][/b]

With that, Mr. Heartland left, as if to go to his own HQ and get his own assignments done.

"Chatting sounds like a splendid idea actually, I like to get to know my opponent....makes ths duel so much more satisfying, though, for different reasons for each of us right?" he said as a slight stall, seeing as he used mental tactics against Seth, Yuki, and Leon, he was trying to get to know him to use it against him......brilliant tactic in Josep's opinion. "Since you are so great and mighty, I say you should go first, my duel disk takes forever to activate anyway, old model and the such, I built it myself from spare pieces....well, a mechanic I once knew did, I just helped search....." Josep was giving him information...albeit completely useless information, but it made it look like he was actually conversing.

"Hmm..., I lost my D-gazer back in the alley....but...." finally Josep lowered his blindfold down to his neck, his left eye looked like a swirling galaxy, unsettling, but it allowed him to see the field, and that was most important. "hope the eye doesn't freak you out during the duel.....I'm not used to it myself...."

Dorian couldn't help but smile as his opponent gave up the crucial first turn revealing some of his character. Then this elaborate story of being a mechanic. Interesting his attire does not match his mannerisms at all which leaves only a couple of possibilities. "Well at least you're handy with tools I just have trouble screwing in my own lightbulb. But I shall draw. And it looks like I will set one monster face down with two cards behind that." As the appropriate holograms appeared Dorian looked into this mans eye and gave his devilish grin. Things started to make sense this unknown was becoming more and known to him by the second. "So that's...different. I wonder what I am up against now it seems I may be in over my head." he shrugged with an air of condescension. "Well that ends my turn. So what is the real reason we are on the roof? You didn't want all those people including super slut to get hit by the destructive forces you call powers?"

--------------

Meanwhile Butler was still in the too. With all the monsters and he realized that maybe his master did him a service. Without having to worry if his master is safe Butler may try his hands at monster taming. Besides all of these insults about money were starting to get redundant. At that moment Star and Shocky appeared by his side for everyone to see.

"I am so sorry for this believe me I tried to think of another way." Star said audible enough for everyone who could hear numbers speak could hear. She raised her hand and two orbs of light glowed and she fired them at Yuki's numbers. As they dealt with that Butler pulled out his Desert Eagles and disarmed them and dropped them on the floor for everyone to see. He then cracked his knuckles and gave a slight smile ready for all challengers.

Stats
Life: 8000
Hand: 3
Field: 1F/D monster
S/T: 2 F/D

"Handy with tools.....not really, I had a friend make this.....me, well I put in the pretty lightbulb on top...." Josep drew his card and looked at his hand carefully, the field was set up as usual, two backrow and one set monster, standard choice for fleshing someone out. "I didn't bring you up here to avoid destruction...let's just say, my monsters take up space....far more then that room could pixelate...." He had taken one card and slapped it on the field. "I summon Dragunity Aklys, then, I use his effect to special summon my Dragunity Militum and equip her with it, giving me a 1700 monster with a special effect...she can special summon one dragunity that is treated as an equip card, so I can bring out Aklys to field.....giving me two monsters for the first turn, pretty handy really" A blonde warrior dressed as a hummingbird and a small red Dragon with a spear on it's head both floated down, looking at Dorian. "All of this and more unless you can...well, use a response card....go ahead...take your time". he said looking at his feet to the room below where the Numbers were at.

Stats
Hand: 4
Field: Dragunity Militum(1700/1200), Dragunity Aklys (1000/800)
S/T: N/A

[b][u][color=#000000]"Wrong move." [/color][/u][/b][color=#000000]Without warning, one of Dorian's numbers shot two orbs of light at 51 and 44. Fortunately, C44 was more than quick enough to stop the orbs using his sword Jotunheim. [/color][color=#ffd700][b]"Oh, so you want a fight huh? Not a very wise choice, to be honest." [/b][/color][color=#000000]51 was angered by [/color]Star's attack. She looked at Yuki, who gave her an OK sign, meaning that they are allowed to use all their might against Star and Shocky. [color=#000000][b][u]"Well then, let's get this over with soon. One of ministers told me there is a problem in my realm, so I don't want to waste time fighting you two." [/u][/b][/color][color=#000000]44 raised his sword and chanted some spells. After he finished his spells, his body began glowing with a dark aura and his sword was covered in what appears to be black ice. [/color][color=#000000]At the same time, 51's sword glowed with a majestic light bright enough to light a dark room. [/color][color=#000000][b][u]"Now you're dealing [/u][/b][/color][color=#ffd700][b]with us!" [/b][/color][color=#000000]44 and 51 pointed their swords at Star and Shocky, respectively.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"You should have just followed your master. Fool." [/color][color=#000000]In response to Butler's challenge, Yuki used his psychokinetic powers to lift Butler in the air and stopped all of his movements. [/color][color=#4b0082]"Leon, if you would." [/color]

[color=#000080][b]"Hey guys..." [/b][/color]Seth said to Yuki and Leon.[color=#000080][b] "I don't think I'll take this guy... You two are going to take Amber and her stuff and get out of here..."[/b][/color]

[color=#008080][b]"Grrr..." [/b][/color]While Zebulos saw the attacks, he blocked them so none would strike Amber.[color=#008080] [b]"Why must we Fight!? If you really want to go about a better way than this... Why have you surcome to such a vain holder!? And one who would insult my friends in such a vulgar manner...?"[/b][/color]

Zebulos only asked this of Star because he knew that Star was a number of good intentions, and that she did not truly wish to fight. Then Sonya and Galaxy Queen Appeared.

[color=#008080][b]"Answer me..."[/b][/color]
[b][color=#00FFFF]"You think we like this idea any better than you do!? You're giving us even fewer choices if you go through with this..."[/color][/b]
[b][color=#800080]"It's as Sonya says.. If we fight.. it will only be to protect our holders... Our friends..."[/color][/b]
[b][color=#008080]"Come any closer... And We will be forced to cut you asunder..."[/color][/b]

The Three of them looked to Dorian's Numbers with sorrowful expressions. They didn't want to fight, but they knew they'd at least have to deal with Butler.

[b]"[i]Everyone... .... I must be such a burdain now... I'm sorry everyone..." [/i][/b]Amber's grip on her numbers got a little tighter as she was still trying to wake up [b][i]"I don't know.. who these men are... But they'll be sorry..."[/i][/b]

[b][i][color=#008080]"M'Lady.. Do not force yourself to awaken.. It's as Leon said... You'll awake when the time is right..."[/color][/i][/b]

[b][i]"To HELL with that logic...! I'm not letting this creep take you guys away...!"[/i][/b]

Dorian's eye twitched at the mention of Dragunity monsters. With the set up the way it currently is problems could easily arise and it was to soon to activate anything especially while his opponent had hand advantage. However Dorian's tone of voice turned from a his normal arrogant self to quite the serious Ibe for just a second. "I see, no I activate nothing at this time proceed without caution." As Dorian dealt with the person on the roof he wondered how Butler was doing down stairs since all of those monsters held such animosity.

----------------

Meanwhile Butler was being lifted in the air while the two numbers ended up in a their own duels. Star looked across as she squared off against priestess and Shocky just stared at Phantom Blaster. Star puts her two fingers together and let loose a blast similar to what she used against Yuki the first time they met just with more force. Shocky just tilted his head at his opponent and fired what seemed to be volleys of energy clearly missing and only to realize it is like the Hellzone Grenade from DBZ. Butler who had survived much worse just looked at his opponents to see what they would do next.

"Very well then, I think I'll go ahead and send my Dragunity Aklys to the grave, with which I special summon my Dragunity Arma Mystletainn, who, when special summoned allows me to equip a Dragunity monster from grave, I choose my Aklys, once again as an equip card" A 10 foot Dragon rose up on field and brandishes a large Blade, turned red by Aklys' power, it looked menacingly at Dorian. 'Let's do this then, battle phase, enter! Dragunity Arma Mystletainn! attack the face down!" Mystletainn flew in the air, then divebombed the face-down hologram using it's weapon to lessen the impact on itself, if the monster was destroyed then Militum rushed through the smoke and slashed Dorian with her daggar before backflipping next to Josep. "Dual Combo, air and land strike!"

Cumulative Damage; 1700

Stats
Field:Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (2100/1500), Dragunity Militum
S/T: Dragunity Aklys (Equipped to DAM)

[b][color=#000080]"Man... You guys with your super powers.. I guess I'll just guard Amber then..." [/color][/b]Said Seth as he stood close to Amber. He looked over to her, noticing that she was still struggling to wake up.. Seth wasn't sure if it was just her time to wake up, or if She was forcing herself to because of what was going on around her... [color=#000080][b]"Take it easy Kid... We've got YOU covered for once..."[/b][/color]

Seth looked over to what was going on, and was a little concerned.. Why did they come this way just for Amber's numbers...? How did Dorian know so much about what happened..? On a second thought, It didn't matter at this point, What mattered was was the situation at hand.. He also noticed that Butler was a bit calm, considering what was going on.

[color=#000080][b]"Something about that butler is really.. unsettling..."[/b][/color]

Dorian watched as his opponent opted for bigger field prescense rather than going for a synchro summon. As the giant beast attacked there was a giant puff of smoke but Joesph would soon see his dragon flying right back at him with intense speed. And as the smoke cleared Dorian is standing under two large cylinders one with arrow going towards him and the other with an arrow going towards Joesph. However Dorian seemed distracted to for a slight second. "Oh I am sorry I activate the trap card magic cylinder and with that your attack is negated and you will take damage equal to your monsters attack points . So that is 2100 points of damage coming to you." Dorian's voice was creepingly calm and "As you deal with this event are you sure you want to attack again?" Dorian looks down to the floor below him. "So what are your feelings toward numbers I sense great hostility in you towards them." he says trying to sound like a Sith Lord.

---------------

Meanwhile Star hears he plea of the other numbers and she fights on as she chokes on tears to not reply Shocky however looks at them tilts his head and focuses on his own battle.

Stats
Field: 1 F/D monster
S/T:1 S/T
Grave: Magic Cylinder.

As he saw his own monster return back to him he opened his eyes wide, only to have his other eye keep his face stoic, when the attack hit, Josep's body was riddled with pain, but his body did not move, he simply looked down to feel the damage go through. "Interesting" was all he said as he cracked his neck. "Continue the attack! Militum! attack the face-down monster!" He commanded, unafraid of anything his opponent used, he also shot a death glare at his own monster, who proceded to kneel down in fear, afterward he looked back at Dorian to answer his question. "They are a pestilence in this world, everywhere they go to has caused nothing but pain, as such, I have decided to destroy them, there is no clear way to do that yet, even if you tear a card in two, as such, you're just going to have to hand over yours when you lose" He said with a slight arrogance, his voice was no longer his....but the spirit was, as if his attitude had changed since he came to this tournament, he wasn't possessed, but he wasn't Josep anymore.

Stats
Life: 5900
Field:Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (2100/1500), Dragunity Militum (1700/1200)
S/T: Dragunity Aklys (Equipped to DAM)

As the monster attacks Dorian's facedown he realizes that his opponent is undergoing some form of transformation. The comments about Numbers being a pestilence will serve as fuel for this interesting fire later. The monster flipped up revealing to be a very thin man with a crossbow. "Oh look its L'amour the Magical Archer and he has 2000 def which means you take another 300 points of damage." The archer blocks the sword of the bird and fires a quick arrow at Joesph to signify the damage. "What a sad perspective and quite a quandary you were in a room with five or more numbers and I don't recall any aggression towards them. You know now that I think about it you are not that much of an unknown you know that loud mouthed girl from the opening day. Yeah the one with Volcanic Doomfire. Where is she, how is she doing? I haven't smelled sulfur in the air or anything so she isn't using that deck anymore I assume. By the way do you end your turn with that I am really loving this conversation. So enlightening is it not?"

Stats:
Field: Magical Archer L'amour (600/2000)
S/T: 1 F/D
Grave: Magic Cylinder

Chris quickly followed Dr. Faker out of the room, leaving Atsuko to dream of her duel.

Atsuko, or rather the somnatic incarnation of her younger self, knew she was in deep trouble as she stared up at Dyson Sphere. There seemed to be no way on Earth to defeat this monster, and it was very easy to calculate that her mother's next attack would be the endgame. Everything relied on what she drew next, and she sadly did not have anything that could negate the Number's effect, or destroy it through a card effect. She hung her head, tearing up now that she knew she would never be able to defeat her mother.
[color=#800000]"Atsuko, sweetie? Are you giving up already? Come on, now. Remember what I taught you, especially about your grandfather. He never gave up, he put in 110% into each duel, and he always had a move to play. I live by that philosophy, and it's now your turn."[/color] She smiled lovingly at her daughter. [color=#800000]"Think of this as just like those Duel Puzzles you love. Figure out the problem with what you have. And you still need to draw your card."[/color]
Atsuko wiped away the tears and got her game face back on. Her mother was right. She had to give it her all. She closed her eyes and drew her last card, hoping it wasn't a pathetic one.
And her hopes came true.
The card she added to her hand wasn't a game breaker, but after a quick calculation, it was exactly what she needed to end this.
[color=#ff0000]"I will set a facedown card and end my turn!"[/color]

[color=#ff0000][u]Past Atsuko:[/u][/color] 800 LP
Monsters: Granmarg (2400 ATK|LV6), Gigantes (3000 ATK|LV4|Effected by High Count)
Spells/Traps: 2 FD, Heart of the Underdog
Graveyard: Cross Counter
Banished: Stone Statue

Atsuko's mother paused, placing her hand on her Deck, as if to draw, causing Atsuko to suddenly reach for the card she set. However, the elder duelist smiled at the younger one [color=#800000]"Well, well, well. Someone looks pretty confident. You really need to work on your poker face, sweetie, because I think you might have me in check. Let's just see who this is the end of the game for."[/color] She finally removed the top card of her Deck. [color=#800000]"I draw, and I-"[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"Rock Bombardment!" [/color]Atsuko cried out, quickly flipping over the Trap to show some catapults launching boulders at a castle. [color=#ff0000]"I activate Rock Bombardment!"[/color]
Atsuko's mother blinked for a second, then chuckled, and started laughing, tears beginning to well up around her eyes. A confused Atsuko asked her mother. [color=#ff0000]"Mom? What's wrong? What did I do?"[/color]
[color=#800000]"You won, sweetie. I can't stop it from activating, since you destroyed my Space Gate earlier. Now, let's finish this up properly."[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"Right! I will send Valkyrion the Magna Warrior from my Deck to the Graveyard to inflict 500 points of damage to your Life Points, and since you only have 500 Life Points left, that's the end for you!" [/color]A wooden catapult appeared behind Atsuko, and a silver and gold-armored warrior with bronze wings and markings on its body resembling either blue "S"s or red "N"s flew out of Atsuko's deck to land in the bucket of the catapult. He curled up as best as he could, and the catepult fired him in an arc towards Atsuko's mother. However, instead of impacting at the woman, he spread his wings and landed in front of her, giving her a look as if to say [color=#a9a9a9]"Nothing personal, ma'am. Just doing my job."[/color] before hitting her head with the flat of his sword, causing her to stagger back some. (???: 0 LP)
The holograms of the catapult, the huge space station, and the various areas of damage disappeared, and Atsuko ran over to her mother, who had knelt down with outstretched arms to hug her daughter. [color=#ff0000]"I did it!"[/color] Atsuko exclaimed. [color=#ff0000]"I finally won against you with a deck I built by myself!"[/color]
[color=#800000]"Yes, you did, sweetie, and I couldn't be more proud of you. You're ready for the big leagues, now."[/color]
The girl blinked and asked her mother. [color=#ff0000]"You...you mean it?!? I can duel with Vega and Token and Kenshi and all of the others at the Duel Arcadia?!?"[/color]
Her mother nodded happily. [color=#800000]"Certainly, sweetie. You earned it."[/color] She picked up her daughter and carried her back across the park towards a red-roofed warehouse. [color=#800000]"In fact, I have a present for you."[/color] She reached into a pocket and pulled out a red and white headset similar to a scouter from the anime Dragonball Z.
[color=#ff0000]"A D-Gazer?!?"[/color] Atsuko hugged her mother tightly. [color=#ff0000]"You mean I can duel in other places, too?"[/color]
[color=#800000]"You won't have to use the plaza's Solid Vision system anymore, and your Duel Disk is already synched with the D-Gazer. In fact, I would be honored if you participated in the Belle Isle Open in a couple of weeks."[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"Not just sit on the sidelines and help people out, but actually dueled and stuff? This is the best day ever!"[/color]
[color=#800000]"And you'll not only face off against other duelists from the Duel Arcadia, but all sorts of duelists from both Canada and here in the States, maybe even from farther away. It will be real challenging, sweetie. You sure you will be able to handle it?"[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"Sure! Now that I beat you, I can take on anyone!"[/color]
Atsuko's mother chuckled and asked with a sly grin. [color=#800000]"Even Grandma Era?"[/color]
Atsuko shivered, her smile quickly disappearing, and quietly replied. [color=#ff0000]"Maybe not her just yet..."[/color]
They finally reached the warehouse, which had an open area with a small snack bar off to one side, a card shop on the other, and plenty of tables and chairs to duel in the classic tabletop style, or out in the park itself. As they prepared to walk in, a young woman with hair a shade lighter than the mother and daughter duo walked out in a tank top and denim shorts, followed by an anthropomorphic Siberian tiger. The woman's spiky orange hair had a yellow streak in it, while her eyes were gold with feline pupils, and her ears were long and pointed, though her physique was lithe and slender, almost like a cat, unlike the muscular cat-man that she had her arm wrapped around, who was clad in a T-shirt and a pair of jeans.
[color=#ff8c00]"Hi, Mommy!"[/color] The young woman greeted with a wave.
[color=#800000]"Hello, Cassie."[/color] Atsuko's mother replied as she set down Atsuko before turning to the tiger. [color=#800000]"Has she been behaving, Vega?"[/color]
[color=#add8e6]"Yep."[/color] Vega rumbled. [color=#add8e6]"That Duel Runner idea was genius."[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]"I gotta show you my progress on it!"[/color] Cassie exclaimed energetically.
[color=#800000]"Actually, how about a Tag Duel? You two versus the two of us?"[/color]
[color=#add8e6]"You sure. Itsu? Isn't-"[/color]
[color=#800000]"Atsuko here recently earned her wings. She's ready to play with the big kids, like you two."[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"Yeah! Bring it, lovebirds!"[/color]
"Yippee!" Cassie hollered, pulling out her Duel Disk. [color=#ff8c00]"I've been working on my Evol Deck, and my Dinos will crush your spaceships!"[/color]
[color=#add8e6]"Alright, kid. I hope you're ready to rock and roll with my Gladiator Beasts."[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"I can take them on!"[/color]
[color=#800000]"Well, then-"[/color]
"LET'S DUEL!"
[b]*THUMP*[/b]
[color=#ff0000]"Ow..."[/color]
Atsuko, the real Atsuko, had hit the floor after rolling over and exclaiming that phrase rather loudly, and was now sitting up, rubbing her head. She smiled happily after such a good dream, got up off of the carpeted floor of the hotel suite, and quickly read the note Chris and Dr. Faker left before rushing to get ready,cwash up, and change into some new clothes.

[spoiler=Cardex]
[color=#ff0000][u]Past Atsuko:[/u][/color]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Bombardment"]Rock Bombardment[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyrion_the_Magna_Warrior"]Valkyrion the Magna Warrior[/url]
[/spoiler]

Archived