Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

[color=#000080][b]"Nosey aren't you...? Well.. I guess it couldn't hurt to fill you in since you were kind enough to let us use this facility until Amber gets Better.." [/b][/color]Seth saw some of the Medical staff come in, and they were instructed to vacate while they Tended to Amber, and treated her wounds. Seth took a seat out in the hall just outside of the room, once Haruto was with him, he started to explain.

[color=#000080][b]"Yeah.. If you haven't been listening, her name is Amber... Amber and I actually go a long way.. I'm even the one who taught her how to play Duel Monsters.. She got really good.. REALLY fast.. She always was a fast learner. But anyway.. Over time.. It got to the point where she kept beating me again and again.. I was getting.. well.. jealous of her... I wanted to be better than her again, that's when some guy who called himself Dr. Venom appeared.. He gave me Number 89.. and then.. that's when things got out of control for me... I beat Amber in a Duel.. but... I ended up knocking her out in the process.. That's when I knew.. I had to get away from her... I had no idea she would follow me all the way out here.. just to save me from the number..." [/b][/color]Seth sighed [color=#000080][b]"I'm such an Idiot..."[/b][/color]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[b]"So you actually summoned it...Shark Drake..."[/b] Thomas watched as, for the second time, the undersea dragon appeared before him. [b]"Well, now I have no idea who the hell is in control of you right now, and I don't care. Leon, Shark Drake, or both, I'm going to beat you, and smash your Number!" [/b]As the black fire rushed at him, he gestured to one of his set cards. [b]"Well, you may have blocked my traps. But who said I need to use one of those? I activate the quick-play spell, Shrink! The ATK or Shark Drake is halved this turn!"[/b] The fire, and the Number shooting it, suddenly became much smaller. However, the blast still hurt. (Neo: 2800 -> 1400) [b]"Urg...you...done?"[/b]

[color=#800080][u]"Smash my Numbers? So that was your plan all along...you are lucky you had that card."[/u][/color] - Yami sighed - [color=#800080][u]"I can't do anything else by now. Stil...I'm worried Thomas. 83, 93 and 2 aren't nearby anymore. Amber carried them."[/u][/color] - explained Yami - [u][color=#800080]"And one of them is my Sonya...I hope Seth protects her and...Amber."[/color][/u] - Drake roared at Yami, and he couldn't help but giggle; he wasn't only shrunk, but also his voice was really high-pitched - [i][b][u]"End your turn now, idiot!"[/u][/b][/i] - [u][color=#800080]"Yeah, yeah. Your turn Thomas."[/color][/u] - when Yami finished his turn, Drake grew back into his bigger self. -[color=#800080] "Also, if you wish for another way to adress me in this state, you can call me Yami."[/color]

[b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Yami Leon's Status:[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Life Points: 3700[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Field: Shark Drake (2800 ATK) [Materials: Terrorking (2000 ATK), Shadowknight (2000 ATK), Infernalqueen (900 ATK)], 1 S/T[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Hand: 2[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Grave: Demon's Roar - Faustian Exchange - Trap Stun - Monster Reborn [/background][/size][/font][/color][/b]

[b]"Yami...darkness. Kind of a depressing name, really. But that's OK...draw!"[/b] Thomas checked his field, and blanched. [i]"Awe man...last turn, with him summoning the Number and everything, I forgot to put Minimum Ray in the backrow...crap. It's fine...with this card...I still have things I can do!"[/i] He shook his head slightly, before playing a card onto the field. [b]"I activate Vision Polymerization! I'll combine Poisoner on the field with Increase in my hand, and fusion summon. Come forth, mighty vision! Arise, awe-inspiring savior! I summon Vision Hero Adoration! (ATK: 2800)"[/b] A tall, black-garbed man appeared dramatically by Thomas. [b]"For my next move, I summon Masked Hero Fountain! (ATK: 1000) Then, I play Solidarity. Because all the monsters in my grave are Warriors, my Warriors on the field gain 800 ATK. Next, Adoration's effect! I target one monster I control, and one of your monsters loses ATK equal to that of mine! So, Shark Drake's ATK becomes 1000, as Fountain now has 1800 ATK. And with Adoration at 3600 points, I can now do some massive damage. Adoration, Fountain, attack the weakened Drake!"[/b] Thomas's monsters charged, and epically punched the Number. (Leon: 3700 -> 1100 -> 300)

[color=#000000]After Seth gave Yuki his number and left with Haruto, [/color]Yuki parted ways with Amber and co. to book a hotel for the night. At the hotel, Fubuki changed her clothes and immediately went to sleep. On the other hand, Yuki left the hotel with No.51 and Fubuki's deck to complete both of their heart frames after confirming that Fubuki is asleep. At the hotel lobby, No.51 appeared beside Yuki once again.
C44 was there too, several meters out of the hotel.

[color=#FFD700][b]"How does it feel to be dead, huh?"[/b][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"Not too bad actually. Hey, can I use your earmuffs?"[/color]
[b][color=#ffd700]"What for? Hunting again?"[/color][/b]
[color=#4b0082]"What do you think?"[/color]
[color=#ffd700][b]"Also, shouldn't you be mad because I didn't appear when you wanted to help your friend?"[/b][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"I don't like messing with nature."[/color]

[color=#000000]After No.51 gave her earmuffs to Yuki, he teleported to the town park from the hotel lobby.[/color]

"What the hell?!?!" Looking at the warehouse burning down, Blazey screamed. "We're gonna get burned alive!" She yelled. Mikey was worried himself. A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead. "This is bad...[color=#ff0000]No joke.[/color]" As everyone else escaped, the twins ran towards the exit, but were blocked off by falling debris, which completely trapped them. "Mikey!" Blazey yelled. "Can't you just blast our way out of here?" Mikey shook his head. "If I did that, the building would collapse on itself. It could kill everyone still in here! [color=#8b4513]Except us. Is that an option? Cuz we wouldn't die." [/color]Mikey hit himself. "Shut up Dogma. [b][color=#800000]You know, I could protect us. [/color][/b]Do whatever you need to." The Number 75 burned on Mikey's forehead, and he put out both of his arms. A sphere or green light generated around the twins. Another piece of debris fell, but was stopped by an arm out light extending from the sphere. "[color=#800000][b]I'll hold it off as long as I can. [/b][/color]Thanks. Leon! Neo! You need to finish u--WHAT THE F*CK!?!? LEON!" Surprisingly enough, Leon had actually summoned Shark Drake. Then Mikey heard Leon mention something about Drake taking control at the end of the day. He looked over to Blazey, who had a tear running down her cheek. "Drake is gonna take control again...That...that's not good..." Mikey nodded. "We'll have to fight to get Leon back." The twins looked up at the duel, not knowing what to expect.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

IV sat at a small table-for-one outside a coffee shop, enjoying a, espresso and a scone. After taking a sip of his drink, he looked back down at the two new Numbers laying on the table. "So, Bacterian," he asked, "You feed of the lust for power, correct?"

[i][b][color=#b22222]That is true, insolent human.[/color][/b][/i]
[i]Ok then. I can assure you that there aren't many people more power-hungry than me.[/i]
[color=#b22222][i][b]I'll take your word for it.[/b][/i][/color]
[i]Now, you want revenge on those kids from the warehouse, Amber, specifically, and I want the Numbers, correct?[/i]
[i][b][color=#b22222]True...[/color][/b][/i]
[i]So you see what I'm getting at?[/i]
[i][b][color=#b22222]We help each other achieve our goals?[/color][/b][/i]
[i]Yes! You're a smart one![/i]
[b][color=#B22222][i]Ok...I'll give it a shot. But one wrong move, and I'll steal your body![/i][/color][/b]
[i]Go ahead and try. I dare you.[/i]

IV smiled and looked at the crest glowing on his hand. "You'll never be able to do it, so long as I have [i]this.[/i]" IV chuckled. "This is the start of a mutually beneficial partnership!"

[u][b][color=#800080]"CRAP!"[/color][/b][/u] - The attack destroyed Drake's material form, and also took a lot of Leon's LP. - [u][color=#800080]"This...ugh..."[/color][/u] - Yami suddenly felt a pain on his chest that made his head spin.

[i][b][color=#800080][u]"WHAT THE F*CK!?"[/u][/color][/b][/i]
[i][b][u]"I...should have warned...you. We are...bount now...if one...of us...takes damage...the...other does...too."[/u][/b][/i] - Drake couldn't speak properly, and was panting.
[i][u][color=#800080]"So...if I summon you and you are destroyed...I DIE!? Ugh...What can we...do!?"[/color][/u][/i] - Yami started losing his breath too, as he saw his life drained from him.
[b][i][u]"I'm sorry...if...I didn't tell you...before. You must summon me back...now!"[/u][/i][/b]

[color=#800080][u]"Damn...I can't wait...Xyz...Reborn!" [/u][/color]- Yami activated his face-down card with the last of his breath, and collapsed on the ground. Drake reappeared on the field, and the trap card became its only Overlay Unit. The monster, even if on attack position, was crouching from pain -[b][u] "Leon, you too...get up! Now!"[/u][/b] - Yami was still awake, but he was unable to stand on his feet anymore, and was laying on the floor, holding his chest - [u][color=#800080]"I...can't. Thom...as....co-continue your turn...please..."[/color][/u]- He then turned around and saw Mikey and Blazey, and a green barrier protecting them from debris. - [color=#800080][u]"Guys...leave...destroy the wall, anything...but...you can't be...he..."[/u][/color] - Yami stopped himself when he saw the aura of a Number around Mikey. - [b][u]"Another...one...Leon."[/u][/b]

[b]Yami's LP: 300[/b]

Josep was standing on top of a building, his last opponent having brought him up there for an ante duel, things weren't going well, he had been having difficulty breathing, and his opponent was taking advantage, on his Side was a Numbers monster, but by now his eyes were so hazy he could only make out the figure looming over him. [b]"This power has won me everything! an now, it'll win me that Number you refuse to use! Get ready to lose!" [/b]

Josep's head dropped.....and he had enough..... "Numbers.....they're nothing more then a plague...." his eyes were glowing red, and in his mind, things were going fuzzy, he saw Hannah in bed, but, she wasn't unconscious......no, her breathing had stopped, he didn't leave the Hotel he had been kicked out, accused of letting her duel with such a dangerous power of letting her. He had taken it, her Chevalier......

"I can't take these cards anymore......" Earlier in the day, the duelist he had dueled, he had tried summoning his Number.....Red-Eyes had given a power final attack.....and the effects were real....they felt real, his opponent was on the ground and stopped moving.....Josep didn't help him....he took his card and the heart piece...and left him there.

"How come I don't remember any of this?......these cards have made me....." All the damage he felt, wasn't the attacks of his opponents.....it was something else, he had been feeling it since the beginning of the tournament, every duel progressively worse, he wasn't even able to see straight anymore.....one flash had his opponent standing on the roof.....then darkness, a loud roar.....and another flash, he was on the ground, struggling to move.... "What did I do....."

Everything went dark once more and suddenly.....something fell off the roof.

Hours later, Josep didn't know where he was, back at the tree, he had a full Heart Emblem...plus one.....in his pocket, Chevalier, and the 2 Numbers he had gain by now.....but he saw his opponent, still alive.....just unconscious.....

"What's going on.....I can't even tell what's...real or not anymore.....Hannah.....if you can hear me....help me...."

While Seth and Haruto were having their conversation, and Amber was on the medical bed. The Staff patched her all up, wrapping her wounds in bandages and then hooked her up to an IV to keep her hydrated and an oxygen mask to make sure she was breathing adequately. Amber's over all condition was fair, but it was uncertain when she would wake up from her coma. To be safe, they did a special scan over her body, in order to make sure there wasn't anything they had missed, Again, there were no serious injuries, not even internally, but their machines were picking up a strange energy resonating from her. Once Amber was all set up, One of the head staff walked out to the hall and approached Seth and Haruto.

"Sir... May I ask what exactly happened with the young lady...?"
[color=#000080][b]"Is Amber alright!?" [/b][/color]Seth asked abruptly [color=#000080][b]"How is she?"[/b][/color]
"Physically she is fine, We've cleaned and patched up all of her wounds. mostly just minor burns and scratches with bruises her and there... Which brings me back to the question.. What happened...?"
[color=#000080][b]"... Man... Where do I even begin....?"[/b][/color]

All the while, As they discussed the issue at hand, Amber was having a dream, or at least she thought it was a dream. In the dream, She was floating in an endless black abyss. She couldn't see a thing, nor could she feel anything. Amber tried to look around, but to no avail, she wasn't even sure whether or not she was getting anywhere. But she kept hearing voices, and beeps. Was she in a hospital? But then she heard something else... It sounded like Leon yelling in pain, but Amber couldn't see him.

[i]"Leon...!? Leon where are you...? Zebulos...? Star...? Sonya...? [/i]Seth..? Where is everyone...? Where am I!?"

Amber was starting to cry as she feared the worst for herself

[i]"Please.. Somebody.. Anybody.. I.... I'm scared... Have I died somehow...?"[/i]

For her, nothing changed, it was still dark, and She couldn't feel a thing... and as far as she knew, she was stuck there... It was like she was stuck forever in a dark limbo. She even began to doubt if anyone could hear her, when the reality was, Amber was alive and recovering. She then started to think back to what happened just before she passed out.

[i]"That guy... I wonder if he kept his promise..?"[/i]

[color=#000000][b]Aivea Kaiba[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]After some more experimentation with her new-found powers, Aivea decided that she wanted to duel again. She reached for her dueling equipment that she had sprawled across the floor [i]before[/i] her sudden transformation when all of a sudden...[/color]

[b][color=#000000]"None of that will be necessary,"[/color][/b][color=#000000] interjected 91, [/color][color=#000000][b]"I've already fitted a Duel Disk inside your left gauntlet, which has a new Deck already installed. With any luck, this [/b][/color][i][color=#000000][b]new[/b][/color] [/i][b][color=#000000]Deck will prove to be more powerful."[/color][/b]

[color=#800080][i]'But... what about my Blue-Eyes White Dragons?'[/i][/color] [color=#000000]Aivea asked mentally.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]"They're already inside,"[/b] 91 answered, [/color][b][color=#000000]"I wouldn't leave out the very Duel Monsters that made your father famous as duelist now, [i]would[/i] I? After all, I [i]did[/i] [/color][/b][b][color=#000000]promise you'd be known to the world..."[/color][/b]

[color=#800080][i]'You did [b]too[/b],'[/i] [/color][color=#000000]Aivea responded, [/color][i][color=#800080]'Now, about we show the [b]world[/b] what exactly we're capable of?'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000][b]Dr. Faker[/b][/color]

[color=#800000]"Well... yes and no,"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Faker replied frankly, [/color][color=#800000]"All my equipment's back at the lab, and that means I have to call my pilot over and take the [i]both[/i] of us over there. I can arrange for that since I need him anyway,"[/color]

[color=#000000]Just as he finished this sentence, a blip emitted from Faker's PDA, signalling the location of [i]this[/i] realm's 91. However, before he managed to take so much of a glance, it disappeared, and materialized in a completely different location.[/color]

[color=#800000][i]'Did that thing just teleport?'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Faker asked himself in thought, before drawing to the conclusion that it must have done, [/color][color=#800000][i]'Great, that's only gonna make things harder. Oh well, I'll worry about that later. Right now I've got something [b]else[/b] [/i][/color][color=#800000][i]on my to-do list,'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000][b]Akuma Chishio[/b][/color]

[color=#4b0082]"I'm afraid that only works when it's [i]Normal[/i] Summoned,"[/color][color=#000000] Akuma informed, [/color][color=#4b0082]"That's a common mistake that people make with Speed Warrior, I can assure you. However, none of that matters right now, because I activate..."[/color]

[color=#000000]Before she could do anything, however, she suffered from a flashback.[/color]

[color=#000000]*will edit this sentence with flashback*[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"Huh?"[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]she snapped out of it when Speed Warrior's attack had connected, seemingly with no resistance. But that was only because Akuma had lost touch with reality when she was having that flashback. Still, it was too late to activate the Set card she had her hand over, so she lifted it... only to have it flip over the one that was right next to it.

[b]Akuma's LP: 8000 --> 7100[/b][/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Err... at least I can do [i]this[/i],"[/color][color=#000000] she declared, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Activate Heartfelt Appeal. This allows me to take control of a monster with the highest amount of Defense Points, after I take damage from a direct attack. That means that your stronger monster comes over to my side. Now... is there anything else you want to do before I conduct my turn?"[/color]

Thomas gasped. [b]"WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?! LEON! ARE YOU OK?!" [/b]He heard Leon and Drake talking. [b]"Bound? So if Drake is hurt...then Leon is too...s***!"[/b] [i]"Oh god...what do I do now? I have no cards left in my hand...I don't know if I can even survive the next turn, if he summons another big monster. And if I do live, if I destroy Drake, Leon will die...there's only one way. Somehow, I have to win this duel without getting rid of Shark Drake. No idea how...but there HAS to be some way...well, I could throw the duel...but if I did that, Drake would totally possess Leon at the end of the day.[/i] [i]I need to win. Crap..." [/i]
He silently nodded to Leon, indicating that he could begin his turn.

Neo's status:
Life Points: 1400
Field: V-Hero Adoration (ATK 2800), M-Hero Fountain (ATK 1000), 1 s/t
Hand: 0
V-Heroes in Grave: Minimum Ray, Poisoner, Vyon

Walking through the streets now, there wasn't much more to do, he had all he needed, but his current state of mind made it difficult for him to even concentrate on his next step, he felt a huge surge of pain in head throbbing constantly, thoughts of guilt from what he did striking at his heart constantly, he didn't know what to do, his senses were dulled. He couldn't sense anyone, and suddenly, his left eye gave out.

"What the....I...I can't see!" he fell over on one side and screamed, the only logical reaction to sudden blindness, his ability to smell shut off, and he felt himself dying, he wanted it all to end....he couldn't stand the pain. "please...just let me die already......just let this all end.....please!"

He said nothing afterwards, his head fell back on the floor, and he laid there motionlessly, his breathing began to slow down, and his left eye slowly turned black "Thank...you...." was all he could say before his breathing stopped, no one was around in the alleyway he fell in, people just walked past the aisle, without a care in the world, and the only thing going through his mind was. [i]"Finally....."[/i]

(Guess I should do something with Mr.Heartland, haven't really done anything with him since I had him announce the opening of the tournament.)

At the Tower, where Heartland had been watching everything that was going on, with the aid of a few staff. Everything was being reported to him everything that could have been considered important to him, especially when it came to Numbers.

[color=#006400]"So Numbers have been spotted all over.. There are even youngsters carrying multiple numbers on their person... The incident at the Warehouse seems to be most intriguing... I wonder how my dear friend Dr.Faker is fairing...? I might hear from Haruto soon.. It would seem that He had come across a few himself.. Perhaps.. I will pay him and his brother a little visit..."[/color]

Suddenly one more staff came in and told him some news.

[color=#006400]"A young man with powerful cards in an alleyway somewhere in the city...? Well Go and FIND him then.. He might have numbers."[/color]

With that, some of the men left to go find the young man who had been reported (Josep)

Dorian and Butler are currently in the safe zone of the tournament grounds and Butler truly wonders why they are even outside. Dorian has a full heart set so there is no need to challenge anybody and better yet if he is challenged he could loose his own heart pieces. Of course Butler had already mapped out safety routes and plans of escape in case it appeared as if Dorian was about to be challenged. It wasn't that he doubted his masters skill it was simply who needed too take a gamble. Dorian's motive was simply he knew that out of all those monsters who were participating maybe two or three at best probably had a full heart. Simply because no matter what the Numbers situation looked like you wouldn't need to risk anything and show up to a warehouse if you had a full set. So everyone would be pressed to find a third opponent meaning if he was vigilant enough he can sit in a watch some duels take place. Also to put Butler's fears to rest he let Butler carry it. Its impossible to pick pocket from Butler and if he does get challenged and loose he technically only has one heart piece on him. While he walks around he starts to sing a jaunty tune.

[color=#ff8c00]Living my life like its golden, golden. Living my life like its golden. [/color]
[color=#800000]Are you sure this is time for singing we could easily be challenged.[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]I doubt it and even if we are that would be a perfect time for me to test out all of the fun additions to my deck daddy gave me can't believe he got the set printed so quickly. [/color]
[color=#800000]Well he was able to partner with industrial illusions even after Kaiba Corp. beat him to the punch with the whole virtual reality card projections[/color].
[color=#ff8c00]Now lets go monster watching.[/color]

Yami responded to Thomas's nod with a hand gesture, and drew a card. (3 cards in hand) - [u][color=#800080]"I'll finish my..."[/color][/u]
[i][b][u]"WAIT!"[/u][/b][/i]
[color=#800080][u]"W-What...is it? I can't do...anything." [/u][/color]- even if Drake was on the field again, Yami hadn't recovered from the damage.
[i][b][u]"Don't you remember...our new powers?"[/u][/b][/i]
[u][color=#800080]"What are you...?"[/color][/u] - Yami suddenly remembered. When he and Drake formed the truce, he mentioned something about a new form of power - [color=#800080][u]"Okay...lead me."[/u][/color]

[i][b][u]"Right now!" [/u][/b][/i]- the number 32 that was on Yami's hand dissapeared, and reappeared on his forehead, shining. - [i][b][u]"It's time to show you my true power!"[/u][/b][/i] - Drake roared, and became a purple orb of light that started orbiting around with the pink orb that was Xyz Reborn, forming a new Vortex. - [color=#800080][i][b][u]"The true pain inside, embodiment of sin..."[/u][/b][/i][/color] - The vortex spun around fast, and started shooting fire out of it. It finally exploded in flames, and a dark figure appeared, in a white and purple armor and two sets of giant arms. - [color=#800080][i][u][b]"Chaos Number 32, Marine Biting Dragon...SHARK DRAKE VICE[/b][/u][/i][/color]!" - Drake Vice roared again, and the roar shook the warehouse's foundations. - [color=#800080][u]"So this is your true power..."[/u][/color] - a black aura surrounded Drake Vice and Yami, bounding them together in black flames. At the same time, they both stood up. - [u][color=#800080]"Sorry, Thomas. But I can't keep waiting. I activate my Drake Vice's effect...I detach Xyz Reborn from it, and banish Terrorking from my Graveyard, to target your V-Hero Adoration. His attack is now ZERO!" [/color][/u]- Vice extended his first set of arms, and grabbed Adoration with them - [color=#800080][u]"Finish it...Vicious Barrage!"[/u][/color] - with his second set of arms, Vice started pummeling Adoration, until he was nothing but dust.

[b]Thomas LP: 1400>0 (assuming no response)[/b]

[u][i][color=#800080]"Amber...I'm coming."[/color][/i][/u] - Leon thought to Amber, with the faint hope that she would hear him.

Chris suddenly had an idea. He grabbed a piece of paper and started to scribble something down. [color=#d4af37]"I have an idea. I you would be willing to give my friend here your contact information, I could have her go out and catch you the Number you are looking for. It's of no value to us, since we already have one, and only need to scan it to add it to our database. In the meantime, we can go to your lab and figure out the mystery of what we are looking for."[/color]

Atsuko smiled as she drew her card. [color=#ff0000]"I activate Heart of the Underdog! Since I drew Beta the Magnet Warrior, I can draw another card!"[/color] She revealed the card to her mother, then drew again, ecstatic. [color=#ff0000]"And again, since I just drew Alpha the Magnet Warrior, I can draw a third time!"[/color] Once more, she revealed the card, and once more, she drew. [i][color=#ff0000]<Excellent!>[/color][/i] She thought to herself. [i][color=#ff0000]<I have Alph and Beta in my hand! I just need to get Gamma in my Graveyard, and I can bring->[/color]
[color=#800000]<Atsuko, sweetie. You're broadcasting again.>[/color][/i]
The girl looked around to see some of the various park-goers nearby staring at her, having heard her thoughts via telepathy. She blushed brightly, and told her mother. [color=#ff0000]"You didn't hear anything!"[/color]
Atsuko's mother chuckled and smiled at her. [color=#800000]"Not at all. Please, continue."[/color]
Atsuko did so. [color=#ff0000]"First, I will Tribute Stone Statue of the Aztecs for Granmarg the Rock Monarch![/color] The huge idol was suddenly grabbed by a massive fist from the ground, and an enormous figure covered in bronze and brass armor appeared, sporting as his weapon a pair of huge hands. (2400 ATK|LV6) [color=#ff0000]"And with that, I can destroy one of your facedowns!"[/color] A tremor erupted from Granmarg, and a spike of rock erupted from the earth, puncturing the card.
[color=#800000]"Well, there goes my Space Gate. Anyways, what else do you have?"[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"I'm glad you asked, because I will Banish my Stone Statue to Special Summon Gigantes in Attack Mode!"[/color] A huge red ogre holding a tree trunk over one shoulder stomped onto the field and roared. (1900 ATK|LV4) [color=#ff0000]"Now, my monsters, attack Mom directly!"[/color] Gigantes went first, swinging his tree trunk around. Atsuko's mother dodged the attack expertly by bending back, but she still lost Life Points. (???: 2900 LP) Granmarg was up next, attempting to crush the woman, but she sidestepped at the last moment. (???: 500 LP)
[color=#ff0000]"Alright! Just a little more, and I'll finally win!"[/color]
[color=#800000]"Not quite. Since I have Moon Driller in my Graveyard, I can Special Summon Bernal Sphere by its own effect."[/color] Above the city, a huge object appeared hovering a few miles above the park. It appeared to be some sort of space station, with a thick ring surrounding its spherical core and its conical body. (1000 ATK|LV9) [color=#800000]"And because he was Special Summoned by his own effect, you take damage equal to the damage I took."[/color] Several missiles launch from the station and land around Atsuko. (Atsuko: 3600 LP)
[color=#ff0000]"I guess I'll end my turn then..."[/color] The girl replied, apprehensive about what is coming.

[color=#ff0000][u]Past Atsuko:[/u][/color] 3600 LP
Hand: 3
Monsters: Granmarg (2400 ATK|LV6), Gigantes (1900 ATK|LV4)
Spells/Traps: 1 FD, Heart of the Underdog
Graveyard: Cross Counter
Banished: Stone Statue

Atsuko's mother drew her card and smiled. [color=#800000]"This is perfect. I will Normal Summon Spaceplane in Attack Mode!"[/color] A white and black space shuttle-like craft descended and landed next to the elder woman, its thrusters emitting a high-pitched WHIRR as if it was ready to take off (1000 ATK|LV4). [color=#800000]"And because I only have Machine-Type monster with 1000 ATK or less, I can Normal Summon once more thanks to Spaceplane. Furthermore, Spaceplane can count as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK."[/color] The spacecraft suddenly started to rise into the air thanks to hidden jet engines on its wings. It then fired its thrusters and blasted off into the sky. [color=#800000]"I Tribute Spaceplane to Tribute Summon Island Three in Attack Mode!"[/color] Behind Atsuko's mother, yet another massive floating space habitat appeared, this one a metal cylinder with a landscape wrapping around its hollow interior, with strips of glass running along its length (500 ATK|LV9).
[color=#ff0000]"Wait...2 Level 9 monsters..."[/color] Atsuko gasped, her eyes widening in fear. [color=#ff0000]"That means-"[/color]
[color=#800000]"I will create an Overlay network with these 2 monsters!"[/color] Both space habitats started to rise up towards the sky, slowly transforming into a pair of beams of golden light. They climbed higher and higher, going faster and faster, until they disappeared. A few seconds later, a galaxy appeared in the sky, as clear as the moon was as it floated in the sky nearby...
...until it dawned on Atsuko that the glittering spiral of stars that had just formed in the sky wasn't a galaxy.
It was an Xyz summoning portal the size of the moon.
[color=#800000]"Xyz Summon! Cross space and time to become mankind's greatest triumph! Encase the sun in your adamantium shell! Number 9: Canopy Star - Dyson Sphere!"[/color]
From the portal emerged a strange object that reminded Atsuko of a black ice cream cone, with a long pyramidal strut attached to a spherical object, but judging from the way they appeared in the sky as they floated not far from the Moon, they had to be roughly the same size. The object drew closer and closer, and Atsuko's mother held up her right hand, the back of which gained a green, glowing, stylized "09" on it. The object then started to open up, the sphere parting into five curving segments to reveal a brilliant light from within. Eventually, Atsuko's eyes adjusted to make out a beautiful space station with a second, smaller sun within its center, now understanding its name of "Canopy Star". She could also just barely make out a similar red "09" on the side of the central dome, while two golden comets, Dyson Sphere's Xyz Materials, slowly orbited the gargantuan megastructure. (2800 ATK|RNK9|2 XM)
[color=#ff0000]"It's...it's huge!!!"[/color] She cried out.
Her mother nodded. [color=#800000]"Indeed it is. And it has a powerful assortment of incredible effects as well. My dearest daughter, you have given me your all. Now, I shall return the favor!"[/color] She then activated her Trap Card. [color=#800000]"I will continue by activating the Continuous Trap Card High Count!"[/color] A card depicting a warrior wrapped in brown robes wielding a blue laser sword rose up, and Gigantes suddenly felt empowered as a red aura surrounded him. (1900 ATK -> 3000 ATK) [color=#800000]"High Count increases the ATK of one of your monsters to 3000, but his effects are negated, and he must attack each turn, if able. However, I choose what he attacks, not you."[/color]
[color=#ff0000]"What's the point of that?"[/color] Her daughter asked, confused. "My monster now has more Attack Points than yours.
[color=#800000]"True, but my Dyson Sphere can detach an Xyz Material to attack my opponent's Life Points directly, but only if my opponent has a monster with higher ATK than Dyson Sphere."[/color] One of the Xyz Materials changed course and headed for the core of the monster, entering it and causing the core to light up. Atsuko then watched as a ring of light formed around the base of the core, then grow bigger and bigger and separate into individual motes of light, until it noticed that the beams were getting closer and closer to her. She braced herself, curling up on the ground as the projectiles hit around her in a powerful barrage. (Atsuko: 800 LP)
[color=#800000]"I end my turn. Now, show me what you can do in this final hour!"[/color]

[color=#800000][u]??? (Atsuko's Mother):[/u][/color] 500 LP
Hand: 1
Monsters: Number 9 (2800 ATK|RNK9|1 XM)
Spells/Traps: High Count
Graveyard: Moon Driller, Space Gate, Spaceplane, Island Three

[spoiler=Cardex]
[color=#ff0000][u]Past Atsuko:[/u][/color]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beta_the_Magnet_Warrior"]Beta the Magnet Warrior[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_the_Magnet_Warrior"]Alpha the Magnet Warrior[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Granmarg_the_Rock_Monarch"]Granmarg the Rock Monarch[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gigantes"]Gigantes[/url]

[color=#800000][u]??? (Atsuko's Mother):[/u][/color]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Gate"]Space Gate (Retraining)[/url]
[spoiler=Retrained]
Trap/Counter
If you control a face-up "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster when your opponent activates a Trap Card: Negate that activation and destroy that card.
[/spoiler]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Bernal_Sphere"]Bernal Sphere[/url]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Spaceplane"]Spaceplane[/url]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Island_Three"]Island Three[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_9:_Canopy_Star_-_Dyson_Sphere"]Number 9: Canopy Star - Dyson Sphere[/url]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/High_Count"]High Count[/url]
[/spoiler]

[b]"Chaos Number?! What in the world? OK, this is not good. Not good at all!"[/b] Thomas watched as Shark Drake evolved, weakened Adoration, and attacked it. [b]"Not yet! Reverse card o..." [/b]He trailed off. Then he started talking aloud, although his words weren't really directed at anybody[b]. "But...why bother activating this card? All it will do is prolong the duel...if I get to next turn, what then? If I kill Shark Drake, Leon will die too. If I don't kill Shark Drake, I probably won't win, and it'll probably possess Leon later. If I lose, Leon will definatly be possessed. And no matter what happens, after the duel ends, we'll have to get out of a burning warehouse, which we may not be able to do."[/b] He looked down at the set card on his field. And suddenly, he knew what to do. He looked back up, and gazed straight at Leon. [b]"I activate my set card, Staunch Defender! I redirect your attack to Masked Hero Fountain, which still has 1800 ATK!" [/b]At the last second, Shark Drake was forced away from Adoration, and smashed the other Hero instead. (Neo: 1400 -> 200) [b]"Leon, I don't know if I can save you. I don't know if we're getting out of here alive. I don't know how to get rid of Number 32. But I do know that I want to beat you, and that's what I'm going to do! Are you done?"[/b]

The wait on the ground was long, cold, and lonely, but it seemed he was still conscious, while everything was slow, he could still feel. "is this what being dead is like...damn...I didn't think it would be this boring....." he started feeling the sky grow dark and in the sky he thought he saw silhouettes, some were familiar.....some were not, but all those he knew were none other then....Numbers.

"No.....don't tell me...." the buildings around him were starting to get broken apart, piece by piece, people floating and forced into what could only be pure darkness in the sky, absorbing them.....feeding the Numbers. "No....what is this!? you monsters!" he felt his body being lifted up, screaming and yelling all around. "NO!" Josep was helpless, the only thing he could do left was look to the sides and he saw duelists, not many that he recognized, one of them was a shock to him, Hannah. "Hannah!.....Hannah you're alive!"

She said nothing as Inferno Chevalier stood in front of her and unsheathed it's sword as it clashed with another Number, it was...animalistic in appearance, a king, and being wielded by Amber, the girl he met on day one....why were they fighting? They weren't the only ones, Hope, the monster he saw earlier was fighting a blue serpentine Dragon. A giant Cone with one Eye, blasting at what looked like a purifying giant. "Are these all...Numbers......the fights...they're causing the whole world to crumble.....no...stop it! You don't know what you're doing!" he looked on in disbelief, no one was paying attention to the damage they were doing.

"YOU HAVE TO STOP!" Josep yelled as he saw more and more Numbers fly into the air and battle for supremacy, crushing any floating debris...or people, in their way, only for the entire sky to part way, a pair of Red-Eyes coming from the sky, it's roar was massive, and caused all of the Numbers to halt in their movements, they trembled in fear at the great beast of the sky, and with good reason, it's face was covering the scape of the city. "It's.....huge....."

The great beast looked down at Josep [b]"YOU CAN STOP THIS...."[/b]

He felt a loud booming voice through his head, the great creature was speaking to him. "who...who are you?" was all Josep could say, he felt his levitation end, he could move now, while in the air, it was an amazing feeling.

[b]"I HAVE GIFTED YOU WITH THE SIGHT, YOU WILL SEE ALL NUMBERS....YOU WILL KNOW HOW THEY WORK....YOU MUST DESTROY THEM BEFORE THEY CAUSE THIS DESTRUCTION". [/b]

"How....how can I do that? these monsters are unable to be destroyed by my monsters......" he said dishearteningly.

[b]"I HAVE, AND WILL FIGHT BY YOUR SIDE....YOU KNOW ME ALREADY....." [/b]From the Dark skies the dark being suddenly flew out from the sky in the Shape of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, alongside him are the six Dragon Lords, and together they all begin fighting against the Numbers, blasting them from the sky with a power they did not have before. [b]"THESE CREATURES MUST BE DESTROYED, AND THEIR EVIL DESTROYED BY MY ULTIMATE FORM....YOU MUST AWAKEN MY FULL POWER JOSEP, AND WITH IT YOU WILL SAVE THESE POOR HUMANS FROM WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THEMSELVES".[/b]

"Me?......I...." he looked around as the Dragons fought furiously, doing their best to fight the evil Numbers.

[b]"NONE OF THEM WILL STAND A CHANCE IF YOU GIVE US YOUR STRENGTH, NO NUMBER IS GOOD, THEY MUST ALL BE DESTROYED AND SENT BACK TO THE DARK WORLD THEY CAME FROM!" [/b]Red-Eyes bellowed and landed near Josep, his eyes meeting with Josep's as he sudden;t found himself standing back in the alley, one eye normal, the other, swirling like a galaxy, with it he could see it all, miles away or only a few feet, he could see all of the Numbers, but the sudden shock was too much.....and he closed his eye before quickly tearing a piece of his sleeve to cover his eye.

"I....I can do this....with you all by my side....I will do this." he arched his back and looked around him....."but first....I think I attracted attention. "he said as he noted...various men were on their way to him.....he was unsure if they were friendly.

meanwhile just outsideof the warehouse, while Mikey and Blazey were still out there, The Fire Fighters showed up with Refs from the Tournament. Some of the Fire fighters approached the twins to check on them.

"Are you kids alright?" One of them asked "Are there any others still inside?"

Suddenly, they heard a yell come from inside the building, It had come from one of the former drones. He had waken up and was probably scared out of his wits.

"HELP!!! Somebody HELP!!!"

At the alleyway where Josep was, A few men which more than likely worked for the tournament's host, had approached him.

"Hey kid.. You alright? You look like you've been laying there for hours, and it's already Day three you know..?"

The one of the other men heard a voice come in from their walky talky.

[i][color=#008000]"Come in... This is Heartland.. Did you find him...? Over"[/color][/i]

"Yes sir.. He's awake now it seems, he doesn't look possessed or anything either. Must have just been taking a long power nap or something... Over"

[color=#008000][i]"Ah, good... Why don't you see if he would be willing to come to the Labs? I'm on my way there now I would like to speak with him, He might be able to help us.Over"[/i][/color]

"Yes sir... Over and Out..." The man put the walky-talky away and looked to Josep. "We forgot to ask, but are you by chance a participant in the Tournament? Mr. Heartland would like to speak with you If you are willing to come with us. He's looking for young duelists to fight against... Numbers I guess they're called... They've been causing quite a ruckus lately.."

He listened to them, they were from heartland, and they spoke of hunting down Numbers. "That...sounds like quite the deal....yeah, I am a Duelist in the tournament...full heart too....I just didn't know where the tournament was headed to, so I took a nap" he lied rather easily, saying he spoke to his own Red-Eyes would make him look insane. "I guess you guys escorting me would be a good idea, I'd like to hear this proposition.

There were many things he wanted to know, how did Heartland know of Numbers? was it his intention to bring them all here? obviosuly he wanted something to do with them, and if he did, he could use this to his advantage....since when did he plan stuff like this? His last three days have been ridiculous...

[color=#4b0082]"Ba~ka! I guess you didn't saw this one coming! C44, Alpha GaINforce!" [/color][color=#000000]A duel between a shady looking man (NPC) and Yuki has reached it's final stages. With C44 on Yuki's field, his victory was already guaranteed. [/color][color=#000000][b](C44: 3200+(3000)=6200) [/b][/color][color=#4b0082]"Destroy his Beast King Barbaros! Gran Divide!" [/color][color=#000000][b](6200-3000=3200 damage) [/b][/color][color=#000000]With just one attack, the man was easily[/color] defeated by C44. [color=#000000][b](Shady Looking Man: 3000-3200=0) [/b][/color][color=#000000][u]"What the fu- Uwaaaargh!" [/u][/color][color=#000000]The impact of C44's attack blew the man several feet away as Yuki was declared the winner of their duel in their D-Gazers.[/color] [color=#000000][b](Winner=Yuki)[/b][/color]

[color=#4B0082]"Alright! This one actually fits!" [/color][color=#000000]Yuki -who has defeated 3 other duelists prior to this one- has finally completed his heart frame, allowing him to enter the duel coaster. As for the 3 duplicates, he plans on giving them to Fubuki. And just as he was going to return to his hotel, No.51 suddenly appears beside him.[/color]
[color=#ffd700][b]"I bring good news." [/b][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"Is that so? Come on then, just what is this "good news" you're talking about." [/color]
[color=#ffd700][b]"I found out where Amber is. She's in that building, over there." [/b][/color]
No.51 pointed at Haruto's medical facility.
[color=#4b0082]"That's not good news, honestly. Oh well, see you there." [/color][color=#000000]Yuki used No.51's earmuffs and teleported to the hall [/color]where Seth and Haruto is waiting. [color=#000000]Yuki wa[/color]lked towards Seth, ignoring the doctor standing near him. [color=#4b0082]"How's Amber doing?"[/color] [color=#000000]Yuki asked.[/color]

Even though Mikey and Blazey were paying attention to the duel, Mikey heard a cry for help from somewhere inside the warehouse, probably one of the former drones. "Wait right here, sis." He said. "75, can you keep this force field around her? [b][color=#800000]You betcha." [/color][/b]Mikey nodded to himself as a small opening in the sphere came up, and he rushed out of it to help save the boy. "Heat, clear a path! [color=#FF0000]On it![/color]" As Mikey ran, the walls of fire in front of him split like the exodus, and he continued towards the kid.Then he realized something. "Ocean! Douse the nearby area! [color=#0000CD]Rodger, rodger! [/color]75![color="#800000"][/color] Create a bubble around those kids![color=#800000][b] On it![/b][/color] Dogma! Give me...your wings! [color=#8B4513]Sure, why not?" [/color]When Mikey was done giving orders, Ocean's staff appeared in his hands, which he used to put out nearby fires. A sphere of light formed around the two former drones, and brown, dragon-like wings sprouted from Mikey's back. He jumped up and grabbed the bubble that the kids were in, holding it above his head with all his strength, and flew up towards the hole in the ceiling that Yuki had created. He looked around and saw that firefighters, police, and a bunch of other squads like that, as well as regular people, were watching him. "Well, this is just great..." Despite that, he flew towards the ground and landed next to who appeared to be the fire chief. He put down the bubble, which disappeared, and let both the former drones free. "Good morning," Mikey said. "Anything else you need?" He didn't bother to put away the staff or the wings. They were cool.

Blazey looked over to the firemen that had barged into the warehouse. "I'm...I'm fine," she said. "As you can see, I have a bubble of protection around me." She glanced over to see Mikey sprout wings and escape through the hole in the ceiling. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to be staying right here."

As Mikey landed outside, Escudo rushed over to the burning warehouse to check on the situation. "Whats going on here?" he said. He spoke into his com-link. "Mr. Heartland, sir! This is Escudo! Are you aware there is a warehouse burning down?"

The Men escorted Josep to the labs, which actually belonged to Haruto and his brother Kaito. From there, they went inside and brought Josep to what looked like a Lobby, when one of them men spoke into a walky-talky

"Sir.. We're at the lobby.."

[color=#008000][i]"Very good. I will be there shortly, infact I'm walking in as we speak"[/i][/color]

Mr. Heartland walked into the Lobby and approached Josep.

[color=#008000][b]"So this is the young lad... Might I ask your name? hmm..? one moment I have a call."[/b][/color]

"Mr. Heartland, sir! This is Escudo! Are you aware there is a warehouse burning down?"

[b][color=#008000]"Yes.. I have heard, Do make sure that everyone in the area is safe." [/color][/b]Then he looked to Josep[b][color=#008000] "Terribly sorry about that."[/color][/b]

Just down the hallway, Seth was surprised to see Yuki.

[b][color=#000080]"HOLY CRAP!!! Don't sneak up on me like that!" [/color][/b]Seth shouted.[b][color=#000080] "How'd you find this place anyway..? Argh.. nevermind... I was just talking with the doctors about what happened..."[/color][/b]

Seth turn to the doctors, [color=#000080][b]"You see... My friend and I had just finished a Duel.. When a number that I had tried to possess her.. She faught against it until she couldn't anymore and passed out.. but by that time, Someone else came in and took the number and ran off. Then some random bolt of lightning came down and set the building we were in on fire.. which is why we have burns and whatever."[/b][/color]

"I see.... Well.. It would seem as far as numbers go, what's happened to your friend there isn't too different from Master Kaito's condition.. But it would seem that she is fine, but we aren't sure when she'll actually wake up. it could be a few hours to a few days."

[color=#000080][b]"Amber... As long as she wakes up.. That's all I care about."[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]__________________[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]"Oh thank you!" Said one of the kids "I thought we were goners for sure!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Inside the Warehouse, The Firemen, trying to do their jobs, were trying to convince Blazey to come with them. Though they were very surprised to see what they could only relate to as magic before their eyes, they were focused on the task at hand.[/color]

[color=#000000]"C'mon kid it's too dangerous in here! even with this... safety bubble thing.. We gotta get you out of here on the double!"[/color]

Blazey shook here head. "I'm not moving! Nothing you say can make me abandon my friends!" She pointed up and Neo and Leon. "I can't leave them, and when they're free, I'll leave! Promise!" [color=#ff8c00][i]You humans are so stubborn. [/i][/color][i][color=#40e0d0]Hey! Don't make fun of Blazey! [/color][/i]Blazey turned to see that Lady Heat and Ice Edge had appeared to join her. [i]Hey guys. Nice of you to drop in. [/i]Lady Heat smiled.

Mikey patted the kid on the head. "No worries. No one is gonna get mortally wounded on my watch." In the back of his mind, Mikey was hoping that his monsters didn't speak up now. If someone saw that, they'd think he was insane for sure.

Escudo spoke back into his com-link. "Ok, nothing seems to be going wrong right now." Escudo looked at his PDA. "But there is a whole lot of Number Energy around here. Inside the warehouse, and at a nearby medical facility. I think its one of yours...You might want to get a look at it, or at least send someone for you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"And now that I've summoned Divine Grace - Northwemko, I can target one monster on the field, and as long as its alive, so is she! I target, Demise, King of Armageddon!" IV shouted across to his opponent, who was quaking in his boots. "So now...I use Demise's effect. I pay 2000 life points and...Boom." Demise held his staff to the sky, and a blast of purple energy engulfed the field, destroying everything but himself and Northwemko. When the blast cleared, the man was laying on the ground, unconscious. (IV:4000->2000, Other Guy: 3600->0, Winner: IV) "That should teach you not to mess with me, the NEW Bacterian Emperor! 89! Do your stuff!" The Number 89 appeared on the man's chest, and he stood back up, lifeless and zombie like. IV's first Drone.

[i]That worked.[/i]
[i][color=#b22222][b]Of course it did![/b][/color][/i]
[i]Don't worry, I never doubted you.[/i]

"Now," IV started, "I want you to go and scout around, find me some Numbers. And give me your Heart Pieces." The man handed IV three heart pieces, each of which was a different piece. IV took out his own three, each of which was the same. Luckily, the man's pieces were not the same as his. "Four pieces...Almost a complete heart! C'mon, Bacterian, lets find ourselves a duel!" IV threw the Drone one of his extra Heart Pieces, and walked away,laughing, with his crest on his hand with the number 89 superimposed over it.

After looking around he saw Heartland at the very least cared about the safety of all the participants, though you can't trust someone on that he could at the very least hear what he had to saying. "My name is Josep, just another duelist here in the tournament....of course, I do know enough about the Numbers to make me worthwhile" he said, getting to the point as he also pulled three cards from his extra deck. "I also managed to get these three already, none of them originally mine, won them all, though you probably expected Ante duels with these...." he placed them back and looked at him. "I'm interested in dealing with them, sorry about my forwardness..."

Archived