so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Im trying to think.Its hard to come up with ideas.

... seriously? You're supposed to first come up with a plot. You can't just say "oh I wanna have a RP with all these random characters thrown in".

For a Yugioh thing, I'd like to see, for a change people starting off as relatively poor duelists and getting better as the RP progresses.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh...it just sounds like the original YGO, but Chinese.

Hmm. It does, now you mention it. With the invading forces and deceit around objects of power...

But sticking on the theme of the Shadow Games, what about a roleplay expanding on a bit of lore that was forgotten about in the Dawn of the Duel saga?

The Millennium Spell book (Millennium Tome in the manga) was the book that contained the spell and instructions to make the Millennium Items, along with a ton of other "Shadow Alchemy" spells that where never used because Aknadin failed to translate them. Other then that, it's completely forgotten about.

Say around the time between when the Signers go there separate ways and ZeXal, the book is rediscovered and brought to [Insert random metropolis here], where [insert villain(s) here] abuse the power of the book. [Insert suicidal plot device] intervenes, scattering the pages across [insert random metropolis here] at cost of his/her own life. Heroes and villains then have this big Easter hunt for said pages.

I recently thought up an idea for a Yu-Gi-Oh RP but after my last attempt have been kinda concerned with making it. The idea is based around the Number War going on in the manga, WDC in the anime, and team tournament in the second manga. The idea is that the numbers came and nobody knows how or why like in the anime and mange but now there is a tournament called The Number War where teams of 1-5 duelists anti up their numbers and the last team standing wins, each team must have a minimum of 3 numbers at the beginning and you can either do regular duels or team duels and you can anti as many numbers as you want. Of course their will be a shadowy figure in the background with plans to take all the numbers for themselves. I know it needs more flushing out but I think it could be a good RP, I kinda got the idea from Hearts of Darkness.

A simple inelegant premises summary

This is a partially post-apocalyptic world, where Duel Monsters invaded through a rift and came into a highly developed sci-fi world. The rift was closed by heroes, but not before completely destroying civilization. A few hundred years have passed, and mankind has yet to retake the world, most of the world is wilderness and ruins. However, technology is retained, this is a still a sci-fi world. Imagine sort of a space colony type thing, except they are still on their original world.

A great city-state has been built around the Tower, the gateway into the world of Duel Monsters, and it is here which aspiring Duelist must overcome a special Trial (held by Duel Spirits) and then receive their cards. The great city-state is the most powerful in the world both economy and military force, as they have an army of Duelists. Becoming a Duelist has great benefits (yet to be fully determined) as well as give you power. Anyway, lots of people want to become Duelists.

The Trial of the Tower is hard enough, but the city state capitalizes upon entry and the fee is far too extravagant for most to pay. Remember that this is a shattered world.

Anyway, somehow, there is an organization that has managed to create Duelists without the Tower. The city-state is upset over this and sends its Duelists in to find out how and resolve this problem.

It is up to you to decide what side you are on. Remember that you could be a good person but still be on the side of the city-state, for it holds your family and etc. The world is a harsh place and people must covet good positions in the world else they will fall into hunger and poverty.

Also, perhaps, the way which the organization creates Duelists is harmful to the Duelists themselves, though they do not know it.

Yada, yada, yada. You guys are free to take this RP and/or modify this RP as you wish.

☯AixDivadis☯ that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard, and yes I am just saying this to be a hater with your unique yet familiar idea that I would love to RP in. Who do you think you are and having your bases covered with the conflict it just seems like you tried really hard to make an RP people will like and has possible lasting potential, who do you think you are. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ok, so I've been ignored twice now but whatever I'll post again.

So TFF why don't you relaunch Return of the Orichalcos, but if you guys don't want that I do have a plot somewhere that involves Dark Signers. 

Also who likes my witch RP?

RotO needs to wait a bit.
But the Dark Signer plot might be promising.

Okay I like Yu-Gi-Oh-Rp's I think the real problem I've noticed is their host. After a certain point (whether long or short) the host of any given Yu-Gi-Oh RP seem to just disappear or hit a rut and just quit and my philosophy is if the host has jumped ship why should the participants try and stick around. I never thought YGO rps had to have a good plot either. The whole point of any given YGO story is to solve your problems with a cardgame. So tournaments, rehashes of actual arcs, or w/e actually are pretty decent story lines because a card game in those settings is simply a card game.

In terms of a new settings I would say one of two choices

1. That virtual world full immersion where YGO monsters are real and you use them to get by.
  2. I'm really a fan of this Cardfight Vanguard style of making a card game simply a card game. Where its just a group of kids at a school trying to get a club started. It sounds simple enough.

Combining the Virtual World idea with the Dark Signer idea, we could have a virtual world where a virus has started to spread to various users and give them Chaos Xyz capabilities, as well as corrupt their avatars and prevent their physical bodies from logging out. Some evil entity could be using this "virus" to induce a new evolution of humanity where all minds are virtual and all individuality is erased. It's up to some of the duelists in the Virtual World to stop the malicious virus from consuming the entire world.

Combining the Virtual World idea with the Dark Signer idea, we could have a virtual world where a virus has started to spread to various users and give them Chaos Xyz capabilities, as well as corrupt their avatars and prevent their physical bodies from logging out. Some evil entity could be using this "virus" to induce a new evolution of humanity where all minds are virtual and all individuality is erased. It's up to some of the duelists in the Virtual World to stop the malicious virus from consuming the entire world.

I like this idea :D

It would be great if it really turn into a RP

Alright, so that is like an in-between with the "ordinary card game drama" thing. I like it.

Archived