so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I finally have the plot to the RP idea I ransacked the status bar with, I think I'll share it here. Credit goes to TheFinalFan for talking about commies and nukes, giving me a good idea of what this would be about. By the way, it's a Decopunk RP, so I'll let Wikipedia explain it to you, as I don't believe I can do it as well.

So, it's 1947. Segragation is still rampid, yet Jazz is becoming popular. Radios along with black and white televisions can be found in most every American household. Diesel fuel powers just about everything imaginable, with very few exceptions. The skies above cities are a thick black from the mass pollution of the internationally accepted power source. The technological dependancy is at an all time high and the second World War has recently ended. The true problem is the hard feelings between the USSR and the united forces of the USA and the recovering United Kingdom. Germany is frenzied, trying to reestablish its government. Japan is in a destroyed state and all other countries are rather fine. However, there is a problem. The USSR, though they refuse to acknowledge it, have created multiple spy groups to try and steal the blueprints for the precious nuclear weapons. Because of this, the USA and UK created the ASO(Allied Security Organization) to defend against these spy attacks.

Even due to all these precautions, the blueprints for the atom bomb have been stolen, causing a large panic amoung the USA and UK. Members inside and out of the ASO have been sent on a mission to intercept the mission that has commited the crime. Who stole it remains a mystery, but the ASO is desperate. Criminals and overall scum of the Earth are being chosen to accompany the team. Some may even be spies from nations that long to have the recipe for destruction.

So, yeah. What do you think of that?

[spoiler=Super Hero RP Anyone?]

Plot

It has been 100 years since the fall of the demonic fiend, known as Trigon, and the world has experienced relative peace…well at least they haven't faced a doomsday threat from an interdimmensional being or an intergalactic armada in awhile. This bout of peace has meant that the guidance of heroism and justice has been able to flourish, stamping out criminal organizations found on our own planet. Unfortunately, as light evolves, so must dark. Crime is once again taking a hold on the planet, and not all of it is petty thugs. Criminal organizations involving both meta and non-meta beings have grown in strength recently, leading to increased panic across the globe. It is due to this that the Justice League has reinstated an old project known as the Teen Titans. The Teen Titans project was previously disbanded due to the lack of need, but now the demand for more heroes are at an all time high. Various Titan Towers have been built across the world as well as several new teams have been put together.

A very promising team found in the Northern Region of Sector 4, the United States, is drawing a lot of attention from the Justice League, but they must first prove themselves to be team players before consideration to join the League is even brought up. With recent technology known as the Zeta-Tube being introduced, the team is able to cover a much larger area through the means of teleportation. They along with 3 other Teen Titan teams in the U.S. are tasked with the responsibility to protect Sector 4 from all dangers, including both meta and nonmeta threats. 

Placed in the center of Lake Superior, Titans Alpha, is just coming together for the first time. Under the supervision of the masked hero, Long Shadow, the team shall either succeed together or fail apart. 

Character Background
You are an official initiate of the Teen Titans program. You have been chosen to protect the people across the globe, taking down any villain that gets in your way. Accompanying you on your journey are 4 other members of your team. Together you shall prove yourselves by either acting as a lone wolf or a formidable force. Whether it be your powers, personality, or past, the Justice League has, unbeknownst to you, has taken a special interest in your progress and thus have been placed in Teen Titans Alpha, the most promising team in Sector 4.

How will you face the danger that faces you? Can you handle the responsibilities of being a hero? It's not easy being a hero...

[/spoiler]

Anyone game for this?

[spoiler="Broken Stars"][spoiler=Plot]It is currently year XD611. Exactly one decade ago, a mysterious meteor no one had ever heard or detected had plummeted to Teleia and exploded, sending shrapnel of some strange metal across the entirety of Teleia. The metal which has been dubbed 'Starsteel' by Teleians due to its origin has led to the meteor being dubbed the 'Daedalus Meteor' after the famous Greche engineer. The reason for this? The shrapnel that launched out in miniature comet-like rockets embedded themselves in a handful of Teleians, instantly forming a near symbiotic relationship between the metal-like substance and the Teleian, leading to multitudes of powers and possibilities. Also strangely, the meteor or the resulting damage that occurred dead center in a heavily populated region of Teleia normally could've killed Teleians, but it didn't. Instead, it seemed to avoid every single Teleian, and land as so. Even the resulting damage landed in neat piles around the Teleians that were there at the time.

As is with enormous power - in this case, the power that radiates from the massive, perfectly spherical meteorite and the power from those that integrated with shrapnel from it - there's always someone who wants it, and a rich anonymous businessperson under the guise of 'Rebirth' had appeared just a week ago. 'Rebirth' as the person called himself, satirized the people who integrated with the shrapnel who were deemed 'Starfell' by the general populace. The person denounced them as monsters, creatures, demons, aliens, and others of such. Rebirth has claimed a large territory of land in Central Teleia, forced all the people out, and has set up a impenetrable barrier stocked with a massive army of almost a third of all the Teleians. The anonymous has explained it as 'taking cause against the monstrous creatures', but almost no one believes that. Unfortunately, with the third of the population basically the only fit to fight of Teleians, Rebirth has set up an empire that no one can resist.

Recently now however, rumors of something fishy have popped up of Rebirth, but besides the fact in itself, no one can prove anything else, and all those who testify disappear. With the populace terrified of Rebirth, no one dares testifying against the self-proclaimed God of Teleia.

However, from the outer edges of Teleia, another darker force of truly bestial creatures is starting to invade, and the rest of the Teleians are caught in a war zone, trapped between the two rival forces. As of yet, the two forces are at an impasse, but each is searching for flaws and methods to destroy the other.

As a Starfell, you must uphold Teleia and restore it to its once proud glory. However, enormous armies and deadly monsters lie on either side. You must cleanse and eliminate both, a quite titanic task. Fortunately, there are other Starfell, and with them at your side, you must face the task. Are you up to the task?[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Super Hero RP Anyone?]

Plot

It has been 100 years since the fall of the demonic fiend, known as Trigon, and the world has experienced relative peace…well at least they haven't faced a doomsday threat from an interdimmensional being or an intergalactic armada in awhile. This bout of peace has meant that the guidance of heroism and justice has been able to flourish, stamping out criminal organizations found on our own planet. Unfortunately, as light evolves, so must dark. Crime is once again taking a hold on the planet, and not all of it is petty thugs. Criminal organizations involving both meta and non-meta beings have grown in strength recently, leading to increased panic across the globe. It is due to this that the Justice League has reinstated an old project known as the Teen Titans. The Teen Titans project was previously disbanded due to the lack of need, but now the demand for more heroes are at an all time high. Various Titan Towers have been built across the world as well as several new teams have been put together.

A very promising team found in the Northern Region of Sector 4, the United States, is drawing a lot of attention from the Justice League, but they must first prove themselves to be team players before consideration to join the League is even brought up. With recent technology known as the Zeta-Tube being introduced, the team is able to cover a much larger area through the means of teleportation. They along with 3 other Teen Titan teams in the U.S. are tasked with the responsibility to protect Sector 4 from all dangers, including both meta and nonmeta threats. 

Placed in the center of Lake Superior, Titans Alpha, is just coming together for the first time. Under the supervision of the masked hero, Long Shadow, the team shall either succeed together or fail apart. 

Character Background
You are an official initiate of the Teen Titans program. You have been chosen to protect the people across the globe, taking down any villain that gets in your way. Accompanying you on your journey are 4 other members of your team. Together you shall prove yourselves by either acting as a lone wolf or a formidable force. Whether it be your powers, personality, or past, the Justice League has, unbeknownst to you, has taken a special interest in your progress and thus have been placed in Teen Titans Alpha, the most promising team in Sector 4.

How will you face the danger that faces you? Can you handle the responsibilities of being a hero? It's not easy being a hero...

[/spoiler]

You attempting to revive Aisu's RP? I'm in 

You attempting to revive Aisu's RP? I'm in 

Indeed. That was probably by far the best RP I have ever been in. Hopefully, I can keep the standard up. In fact, I could use a co-host that knows there way around super heroes...I mean if you're up to it. I can't seem to think of the first villains. 

Indeed. That was probably by far the best RP I have ever been in. Hopefully, I can keep the standard up. In fact, I could use a co-host that knows there way around super heroes...I mean if you're up to it. I can't seem to think of the first villains. 

Well the only problem is that I don't know that much about DC Lore. I mean I could help out but just not co-host. Also I think you somewhat disappeared from that PKMN RP you did that showed great promise what would keep this one around?

Well the only problem is that I don't know that much about DC Lore. I mean I could help out but just not co-host. Also I think you somewhat disappeared from that PKMN RP you did that showed great promise what would keep this one around?

That one was due to the fact there was SO much going on. We had official battles going on and then we had people just randomly battling because they wanted to battle and then I was controlling like 8 NPCs and then there were a few members that posted fairly infrequently and while it was a good idea it turned into utter chaos. Yeah, anyone willing to help create some villains can just PM and we will get to planning.

My knowledge of dc lore is not the greatest but i could always help 

plus i would defiantly join in on this

That one was due to the fact there was SO much going on. We had official battles going on and then we had people just randomly battling because they wanted to battle and then I was controlling like 8 NPCs and then there were a few members that posted fairly infrequently and while it was a good idea it turned into utter chaos. Yeah, anyone willing to help create some villains can just PM and we will get to planning.

How 'bout we all plan parts out together? This RP you can have any type of ability as long as its not OPed, right? If so, you've got my interest. I'm sure I can think of some villains...

Where do people get their superpowers in this?

How 'bout we all plan parts out together? This RP you can have any type of ability as long as its not OPed, right? If so, you've got my interest. I'm sure I can think of some villains...

Where do people get their superpowers in this?

I'm not a opposed to a collaborative effort as for the powers...you're a superhero you come up with your own origin story.

This sounds interesting and I actually know quite a bit about DC do to a lot of free time and their wiki and the fact that I like what's going on in green lantern(comics and show) right now, and Young Justice, which explains that in the DC Universe there is something called the Meta Gene which allows a normal human to develop super powers when put in an extreme situation, not everyone has it and it might not necessarily activate when you want it to but it can help explain how some people get powers. Also I watched all of the old Teen Titan show and am looking forward to the new one.

This sounds interesting and I actually know quite a bit about DC do to a lot of free time and their wiki and the fact that I like what's going on in green lantern(comics and show) right now, and Young Justice, which explains that in the DC Universe there is something called the Meta Gene which allows a normal human to develop super powers when put in an extreme situation, not everyone has it and it might not necessarily activate when you want it to but it can help explain how some people get powers. Also I watched all of the old Teen Titan show and am looking forward to the new one.

Well gosh, it seems like a popular idea. 

Anyone game for this?

[spoiler="Broken Stars"][spoiler=Plot]It is currently year XD611. Exactly one decade ago, a mysterious meteor no one had ever heard or detected had plummeted to Teleia and exploded, sending shrapnel of some strange metal across the entirety of Teleia. The metal which has been dubbed 'Starsteel' by Teleians due to its origin has led to the meteor being dubbed the 'Daedalus Meteor' after the famous Greche engineer. The reason for this? The shrapnel that launched out in miniature comet-like rockets embedded themselves in a handful of Teleians, instantly forming a near symbiotic relationship between the metal-like substance and the Teleian, leading to multitudes of powers and possibilities. Also strangely, the meteor or the resulting damage that occurred dead center in a heavily populated region of Teleia normally could've killed Teleians, but it didn't. Instead, it seemed to avoid every single Teleian, and land as so. Even the resulting damage landed in neat piles around the Teleians that were there at the time.

As is with enormous power - in this case, the power that radiates from the massive, perfectly spherical meteorite and the power from those that integrated with shrapnel from it - there's always someone who wants it, and a rich anonymous businessperson under the guise of 'Rebirth' had appeared just a week ago. 'Rebirth' as the person called himself, satirized the people who integrated with the shrapnel who were deemed 'Starfell' by the general populace. The person denounced them as monsters, creatures, demons, aliens, and others of such. Rebirth has claimed a large territory of land in Central Teleia, forced all the people out, and has set up a impenetrable barrier stocked with a massive army of almost a third of all the Teleians. The anonymous has explained it as 'taking cause against the monstrous creatures', but almost no one believes that. Unfortunately, with the third of the population basically the only fit to fight of Teleians, Rebirth has set up an empire that no one can resist.

Recently now however, rumors of something fishy have popped up of Rebirth, but besides the fact in itself, no one can prove anything else, and all those who testify disappear. With the populace terrified of Rebirth, no one dares testifying against the self-proclaimed God of Teleia.

However, from the outer edges of Teleia, another darker force of truly bestial creatures is starting to invade, and the rest of the Teleians are caught in a war zone, trapped between the two rival forces. As of yet, the two forces are at an impasse, but each is searching for flaws and methods to destroy the other.

As a Starfell, you must uphold Teleia and restore it to its once proud glory. However, enormous armies and deadly monsters lie on either side. You must cleanse and eliminate both, a quite titanic task. Fortunately, there are other Starfell, and with them at your side, you must face the task. Are you up to the task?[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Anyone? D:

If the planning is in a PM, I'M IN! I'd like to redeem myself for failing join Aisu's RP. Plus, Teen Titans is universally diverse in how you wish to go about your character. So yeah, bring me into this. ;)

We already have SO many people planning right now and having too many hands in the kitchen spoils the food...or something like that. But, I do want you to apply, we haven't gotten any applications for the Team and I need some good solid RPers. 

Archived