The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346273185' post='6015513']
Currently on my Saphirre one, I only have a Level 9 Silcoon left.... I'm going die.
[/quote]
The good news is, Beautifly learns Absorb for Roxanne's pesky Rock types.

The bad news is... Rock Tomb will almost certainly destroy it.

The best idea is probably to grind like hell, and check any routes you've yet to check~

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Renji' timestamp='1346273933' post='6015524']
The good news is, Beautifly learns Absorb for Roxanne's pesky Rock types.

The bad news is... Rock Tomb will almost certainly destroy it.

The best idea is probably to grind like hell, and check any routes you've yet to check~
[/quote]

To late I'm afraid. Poison got me. I might start again, but I don't think I'll get a Treecko. He died way to fast.

Well, I got mad at Soul Silver being so slow, so I'm doing a Crystal run now.

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346273185' post='6015513']
Currently on my Saphirre one, I only have a Level 9 Silcoon left.... I'm going die.
[/quote]

...This might become somewhat problemati-

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346273881' post='6015523']
Charmander never had it easy. Sinces its, Brock, and then misty.

Well, my first Nuzlockes failed..
[/quote]

Oh ok. Sorry about that.

And I agree with Chikorita being the hardest starter from the 3 in G/S/C.

As for events, I thought about everyone submitting a type or colour, shuffling and you'll only be allowed/won't be allowed to catch any Pokémon of that type or that mainly consists of that colour.
Or everyone picks a theme (like My Little Pony, Halloween, creepy things) and you'll have to name all your characters after that theme.
Or we could just do some common run, everyone playing the same game and see who gets far.=O

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346274254' post='6015529']
As for events, I thought about everyone submitting a type or colour, shuffling and you'll only be allowed/won't be allowed to catch any Pokémon of that type or that mainly consists of that colour.
Or everyone picks a theme (like My Little Pony, Halloween, creepy things) and you'll have to name all your characters after that theme.
Or we could just do some common run, everyone playing the same game and see who gets far.=O
[/quote]

What game were you planning on doing?
As long as it's not for DS, I should be good.

[quote name='Thar Ablaze' timestamp='1346272816' post='6015507']
No, Chikorita's actually the easy way out, cause most encounters take place in a cave or on the water.
[/quote]
Just an fyi, the Chikorita line's only level up attack moves are all Grass type or Normal type.

Well, I second Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for an event game.
They're good.

Also, it felt great seeing the graphics and retroness of the G/S/C era.=O
Weird, but fine.
I currently have this team just when we entered Violet City:

Clockwork (Hoothoot): Lv. 6, caught on that route right before
Rocky (Geodude): Lv. 8, caught on route 46
Willy (Cyndaquil): Lv. 11

It's my first play through Crystal and I didn't know that you could catch a Ghastly or Poliswag that early on.=O
It's pretty cool, but I didn't get any.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346276616' post='6015568']
It's my first play through Crystal and I didn't know that you could catch a Ghastly or Poliswag that early on.=O
It's pretty cool, but I didn't get any.
[/quote]

A Poliwag and a Water Stone would be nice for my first Gym...

So are we doing the event?

I like the idea of a R/S/E run. I would play Emerald with the emulator on my laptop tho, because I have a nice run goin' on my Sapphire.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346276616' post='6015568']
Clockwork (Hoothoot): Lv. 6, caught on that route right before
[/quote]
The name makes it da best Hoothoot ever.

Alright officially starting my first nuzlocke run. Also how you guys got Gardevoir is kinda annoying because I have to wait for minutes to get it while you get it first poke ):

So the rules:

- Pokemon faints release it blah blah.
- Can only catch first Pokemon in an area.
- Must nickname pokes (will nickname them after the players on FC Zenit St. Petersburg [russian football team])
- Battle Style = Set

And the adventure begins:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IWHE0.png[/img]

Named character Luciano because that is the coaches name.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Fy3wc.png[/img]

Starting with Mudkip because it is cool.

I will post more updates later. Probably once I get to the first gym and have 3 pokes on the team. Also, interesting idea with everyone selecting a single game and seeing who can get the farthest, would be nice for an event.

Leo: Oh god, Russian team.<3
This must be good. :D

And sure, we can set something up if enough people are interested.
So anyone objecting/agreeing with everyone doing a run in Emerald (or Ruby/Sapphire if you don't have that one)?

Also, I have to announce the first death.
Gasball, the Ghastly hereby leaves us by falling to that red guy who is your rival in Crystal.
Goddamn, that was bad.-__- A Ghastly/Haunter would have been really nice for my team, but oh well.

Current team:
Derp (Slowpoke): Lv. 8 (I love it and I'll do anything to keep it alive!)
[s]Gasball (Ghastly): Lv. 13[/s]
McFish (Wopper): Lv. 13 (because it reminds me of that burger you get at Burger King)
Clockwork (Hoothoot): Lv. 14
Rocky (Geodude): Lv. 14
Willy (Quilava): Lv. 16

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346279961' post='6015616']
Also, I have to announce the first death.
Gasball, the Ghastly hereby leaves us by falling to that red guy who is your rival in Crystal.
Goddamn, that was bad. -_- A Ghastly/Haunter would have been really nice for my team, but oh well.
[/quote]

So your Ghastly died...that sounds VERY ironic.
But it's still not as bad as the death of my starter. F*cking rock/ground gym.

@Cinnamon: Haunter woulda been bloody amazing. But still, your team looks pretty awesome so far. Specially Derp.

And if/when we do the Emerald thing, I've already chosen my starter. I've used both Torchic and Treeko recently, so I figure I'll go wit Mudkip.

So yeah, I officially ragequit my Blue playthrough. My level 11 Pidgey died of poison cause I couldn't get to a Pokemon Center in time.
So I just battled Brock.

In which case, I'm ready to start Emerald.
What's better is that I already have the ROM for Emerald downloaded, so I'm all set.

I feel that if we're going to do this "Emerald run for everybody" challenge, we might need a bit of structure.=O
To avoid some people who have no real lives (could be me *hint*) be in the Pokémon League already while others are watering flowers in the 3rd city.

Maybe slow down after every gym and post your progress?=O
Sucks for the people who have already started though.
Personally I have this other Nuzlocke going on, but could easily do another one on Emerald.

EDIT: Well, we could also literally do a common run and send the save file around (via MSN, Skype or mail).
Dunno, just thought about it, but not sure if it would work.o_o

Emerald runs sounds extremely fun. If it would be for an event I might make videos of it unless school gets in the way (school starts next Monday).

Ruby Run Continues:

Mudkip Level 5: Malafeev

[img]http://i.imgur.com/n56Pk.png[/img]

Beat May. I almost got owned by a Wurmple whilst grinding levels due to a crit, but thankfully Malafeev has survived up to this point.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jpUv7.png[/img]

Zigzagoon is caught! Luckily it was level 4 so I don't have to go through to much trouble leveling it up. Nicknammed Anyukov.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bXpS6.png[/img]

Zigzagoon number two! Nick named BrunoAlves.

Not sure about sending around a save file, might not be to great and it could become a hassle sending a save file around constantly. Emerald group run would be cool, I would be totally down to start a new nuzlocke.

So...are we starting?
Cause I've been playing for like an hour.
So far:

Spitfire: Combusken - Lv. 19
Big Mac: Zigzagoon - Lv. 5

I only caught Big Mac to fight the twins.
And it took me a while, but I noticed just how broken the fire starter is for R/S/E...
Oops. =/

Archived