The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if I can finish up Rory's grinding on the 16's, then be ready for Makuhita instantly...

...Nope, not taking THAT chance.

Status Update: Brawly got his face beat in...by a butterfly.

Fightin' types have real trouble against Bug/Flying, don't they? :3

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346409651' post='6016541']
Thar, that was bad.D:

[size=6]And now no more people for Mudkipz please.[/size]
I'll take Treecko for sure now because I rarely use it.:3

Oh and new rule: Try to keep your starter in your team (like no boxing) until it dies. :o
[/quote]

Alright, that rule sounds reasonable.

I am not too far yet. Have Treeko and a Poochyena but will update later when I finish my four hour road trip.

Glad to see that people liked my journal entries, i will definately continue with them
Journal entry #2:
[spoiler=Journal entry #2]
It's day 2 of my nuzlocke in the Hoenn region, day 2 of me not being treated like an object. I stayed at the Petalburg City Pokemon Center overnight, and the first thing I did this morning was to check my wallet to see if all of my money was there. [color=#ff0000][i]"Like I was going to announce that I was loaded."[/i][/color] I walk out of the pokemon center remembering that I was meant to go to the gym, but not before getting a tutorial showing me where the gym is.[color=#ff0000][i] "I knew where the gym was, I just wanted to hear the tutorial music again."[/i][/color]

As I walk in the gym, my Dad is surprised that I got here by myself. [color=#ff0000][i]"Because I'm totally gonna arrive here with my Mom."[/i][/color] During the conversation, some kid barges in, and he asks my dad to help him catch a pokemon. [color=#ff0000][i]"What a rude kid, like my Dad is going to help you."[/i][/color] After hearing his request, my Dad suggest I go with him to catch a pokemon. [color=#ff0000][i]"Do I have to? Does he really need to be supervised?"[/i][/color] Oh and my dad even loans him a pokemon and a pokeball to capture his pokemon. [i][color=#ff0000]"What? you'd loan a pokemon to some random kid and not to your own son? I'm getting the feeling that both my parents secretly hate me."[/color][/i]

After some more tutorial music we come to Route 102, he asks me if pokemon live in tall grass, suddenly a wild pokemon appears and it's a level 5 Ralts. "He has the same luck as me?" So he uses the Zigzagoon to capture it and he captures it in the singular pokeball.

Back the gym, he gives the Zigzagoon back to my Dad and thanks us for being able to catch a pokemon. [color=#ff0000][i]"Good luck with training that thing, it only has Growl. You better have a Rare Candy in Verdanturf Town."[/i][/color] He leaves after remember that his Mom was waiting for him, my Dad then suggests that I head to Rustboro City to challenge the Gym there. [color=#ff0000][i]"This is Viridian City all over again isn't it?"[/i][/color] As I leave Petalburg I get stopped by some dude in a hawaiian shirt wearing sunglasses and asks if I'm a trainer or regular kid and he leaves. [color=#ff0000][i]"At least tell me your name dude."[/i][/color]

When I reached Route 104, I immediately noticed there was a beach. [color=#ff0000][i]"Time for some sunbathing methinks."[/i][/color] Just as I was about to sunbathe, some youngster comes to me saying that leaving footprints is so much fun. [color=#ff0000][i]"How old is this kid?"[/i][/color] After I beat him, I talk to the other guys on the beach, and I get challenged by a fisherman, and surprise surprise, he has a Magikarp. [color=#ff0000][i]"I totally didn't see that one coming." [/i][/color]One 1-sided fight later, it was time I catch another pokemon, but not before I steal the berries to the north. [color=#ff0000][i]"Yay it's a birdie."[/i][/color] Since I didn't want to kill the Taillow, I sent Mudman to do the job and after throwing the pokeball, [color=#696969]Sally[/color] joined my team.

As I was about to walk into the woods, I get challenged by a posh young Lady, Cindy. [color=#ff0000][i]"Wasn't there a Rich kid here in Ruby and Sapphire?"[/i][/color] Anyway I thought Miss ESP should take care of the Zigzagoon, and I managed to steal $1400 from her. [color=#ff0000][i]"Result, it's all coming up Silver now."[/i][/color] Now it was time to go into the Petalburg woods.

The first thing I encounter in Petalburg Woods? It's another female pokemon, Wurmple. [color=#ff0000][i]"Give me another male please."[/i][/color] Mudman successfully captures this girl too, and I named her [color=#008000]Wendy[/color]. After that, I went towards the other exit towards Route 104 to steal the pokeball laying around. [color=#ff0000][i]"Perhaps the lady nearby dropped it."[/i][/color]

Back in the woods, it was time to battle some trainers, and predictably it's with a Bug Catcher and I sent Sally to single-handlingly take him down in 4 turns with her peck attack, and she grew 2 levels. I go up north to find some guy looking for a Shroomish. [color=#ff0000][i]"I wanted one too, but I got saddled with a Wurmple."[/i][/color] Anyway our conversation gets interrupted by someone dressed like a pirate. [color=#ff0000][i]"What is it with my conversations getting interrupted?"[/i][/color] He says he was going to ambush the guy and tells him to hand over important papers, but he refuses and hides behind me. [color=#ff0000][i]"Don't you have your own pokemon?"[/i][/color] The pirate introduces himself as a member of Team Aqua and challenges me to a battle against his singular level 9 Poochyena.

Once I defeated the grunt he runs away telling me he's after something in Rustboro. [color=#ff0000][i]"What is it with villains and telling the main character their plans?" [/i][/color]As a reward for defeating the grunt, I get a Great Ball and he leaves for Rustboro as well. Before I exited the woods, I encountered a Bug Catcher who says anyone who brings a bug pokemon to school get popular instantly. [color=#ff0000][i]"Really? Well I would disagree."[/i][/color] However he then tells me that he can't be popular if he loses. [color=#ff0000][i]"That's what I thoght, wait couldn't you just lie?"[/i][/color]

One exit later and i'm on the northern part of Route 104, and the first place I go to is the Pretty Petal flower shop which is run by 3 sisters. [color=#ff0000][i]"I wonder if any of them will give me their phone number?"[/i][/color] One of the sisters asks me to bring more flowers into the world. [color=#ff0000][i]"When this adventure is over, there will be less flowers."[/i][/color] The second gives me a Wailmer Pail which is like the squirtbottle of generation 3, and the last sister gives me a Leppa Berry and after that, I leave. [color=#ff0000][i]"None of them gave me their phone number, at least I still have May though."[/i][/color]

I go to the north to steal Pokeballs and Potions and also a TM09 (Bullet Seed) from some guy who likes to spit out seeds, and then it was time to move on, and the first guy I have to fight is a rich guy, Winston, and just like Cindy, he'll have a Zigzagoon that Miss ESP will take care of, but it didn't go as swimmingly as the previous battle because before Miss ESP delivers the final blow, he pulls a Full Restore from out of his pocket. [color=#ff0000][i]"Where'd he get that?"[/i][/color] Needless to say, his Zigzagoon fell eventually, and the next person I fight is Lass Haley. Her Lotad fell without a hitch, but when Sally defeated Shroomish, she got poisoined. [color=#ff0000][i]"It's a good thing I stole some Pecha Berries."[/i][/color] The next fight was a compulsory double battle with 2 twins using Seedot anf Lotad, but they fell swiftly, and the last guy was a fisherman using 3 Magikarps. After stealing more berries, I ended up in Rustboro City.

The first order of business in Rustboro was to heal my pokemon, and then it was time to train Wendy, so I headed back to do some training. Once Wendy reached level 7, she evolved into a Silcoon and learned Harden. [color=#ff0000][i]"It would've been funnier if she was a boy."[/i][/color] About 10 real life minutes later, Wendy evolved into a Beautifly, and then it was time to return to Rustboro.

The first place I headed was the cutter's house. [color=#ff0000][i]"I wonder if an emo lives here."[/i][/color] The guy living inside gives me HM01 cut, and I leave for the trainer's school where I receive a Quick Claw from the teacher there. After that, I headed to the Pepper household which was where the father tasked me to try and make her daughter laugh, the funny phrase I thought of? Poopy Diarrhea, but it didn't work. [color=#ff0000][i]"I would've laughed if someone said poopy diarrhea to me, but I guess everyone has a different sense of humour."[/i][/color]

Finally! It was time to take on the first gym. When I went inside, I thought I could just skip the trainers and go straight to Roxanne. [color=#ff0000][i]"But that would be boring, despite how fun it would actually be."[/i][/color] Wendy took down the first trainers Geodude and then worked together with Mudman to take down 4 Geodudes in 2 turns. As I took 0 damage in those 2 fights, I went straight to battling Roxanne. Her first Geodude fell to a critical hit with Absorb, and 1 Water Gun took down the second, but then it came down to her Nosepass. Roxanne didn't make it easy for me to kill Nosepass, an attached Oran Berry and using a Potion, but luckily most of its Tackles missed and a critical hit took that thing down and I took my $1500 for winning, received a Stone Badge and TM39 (Rock Tomb). [color=#ff0000][i]"I would've thoght Nosepass would be alot tougher than that."[/i][/color]
[/spoiler]

Team:
[color=#0000ff]Mudkip (Mudman)[/color] - [b][color=#00ffff]Male[/color][/b] Level 14
[color=#800080]Ralts (Miss ESP)[/color] - [b][color=#ee82ee]Female[/color][/b] Level 9
[color=#696969]Taillow (Sally)[/color] - [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 10
[color=#008000]Beautifly (Wendy)[/color] - [b][color=#ee82ee]Female[/color][/b] Level 11

no deaths so far

Enjoyed the Journal entries.

But now reading this thread I have two problems...

Can I be bothered with level grinding?
Can I bothered with nicknaming? I never nickname! I don't have the foggiest idea what to call things! Bah

No, no don't be stupid, you must take the challange. It looks fun albiet frustrating.

Oh, except for another problem. I just purchased FF 6 [b]and [/b]9...

Plus pokemon, plus writing, plus training. Plus getting football manager in october and being on lookout for the ://Hack games.

Time dilemma.

Will try to finish FF10 today (having lost my temper having been Bad Breath'd to death by a Great Marlboro <_<) and will shelve the new ones for a few weeks until I finish 24, so will start the nuzlocke over the weekend as my writing break exercise. Hopefully it will be fun.

So it begins

Playing to rules of first pokemon catch excluding duplicates, and also going to try a no marts rule, can only use what I find. Catching legendaries though if I'm fortunate enough to get that far/have the chance.

So far got my Mudkip, Munch, got lucky with this in that he has a good nature and starting stats

Defeated May quite comfortably.

Less fortunate with Rt101; a lv2 Wrumple. <_<

After a hard think given it could eventually evolve 1 of 2 ways (if it gets that far) I've called him Spinney. I'm really bad at names.

Will start Emerald run now, been busy with other things.

I'll keep updating with my Yellow run as well, which is going well thus far. Team is Zaeed (lv 24 Gyarados), Samara (lv 23 Nidorina), Kaidan (lv 24 Pikachu), Wrex (lv 23 Ivysaur), Tali (lv 23 Sandslash) and Garrus (lv 24 Charmeleon). Misty and Brock down, no further casualties. So it's going fairly well, with decent type variation.

Just reached Rustboro City with a team of 4 Lv.12's. I went to route 116 just now and caught a Lv.7 Nincada. Going to train my team before challenging the gym here. :D No casualties so far, hope it'll stay that way. Also when the time comes if I do the requirements for Shedinja, will l get a Ninjask as well or will it just be a Shedinja?

Um, just kinda curious, are there set rules for the Emerald lock? x-x

Like, normally I don't add the healing and item clauses. I just play where I can only catch one per route and if it faints it dies. Do I have to use the others? x-x

Here's the next journal entry:
[spoiler=Journal Entry #3]
As soon as I exited the gym, there was some commotion involving a Team Aqua pirate and some guy from the Devon Corporation that I vaguely recognise. The guy pleads with the pirate to not take his GOODS, but the pirate runs off anyway. [i][color=#ff0000]"Make the goods seem more important by capitalizing it."[/color][/i]

After healing my wounds from the Rustboro gym, [i][color=#ff0000]"All 6HP of it."[/color][/i] It was time to leave for Route 116, but not before the guy I saw in Petalburg Woods telling me to get the Devon Goods back or he'll be in serious Trouble. The first trainer on Route 116 says that his pokemon rule and that I should check them out What is the trainer's name? Youngster Joey! The legendary Youngster from generation 2. He sends out a level 9 Machop [i][color=#ff0000]"Whatever happened to that top percentage Rattata of yours?"[/color][/i] and Miss ESP took care of him.

I then went south to battle a Bug Catcher when a Male Poochyena jumped at me. I used Wendy to capture him and then [b]Fenrir[/b] joined my team. Sally defeated the Bug Catcher with her peck attack, [i][color=#ff0000]"Because her other moves are practically non-existent."[/color][/i] Miss ESP defeated a school girl's shroomish, and the other 3 trainer battles aren't important as I defeated them swiftly. [i][color=#ff0000]"When I mean non-important, I mean easy 1-sided battles that aren't note-worthy."[/color][/i]

After all the battling, I noticed a karate guy outside a tunneler's rest house. He was trying to dig a tunnel to Verdanturf when some goon ordered him out. [i][color=#ff0000]"So... the goon is just asking to get himself caught isn't he?"[/color][/i] Just as I was about to enter the tunnel, an old guy is asking me to save his darling Peeko which was taken by the thug. [i][color=#ff0000]"I thought it was Team Rocket's job to steal pokemon?"[/color][/i]

Anyway I walk into the cave, take the pokeball to the north and I run into a Whismur which I caught and named [b]Will[/b]. I walk up to the thug and he's telling me to come and get some, and then I read everything he said in a Pirate's voice. After defeating him he tells me everything he was ordered to do. [i][color=#ff0000]"Like every other lame video game minion." [/color][/i]Then he gives me the Devon Goods back, [color=#ff0000][i]"You're a villian, you don't give the main character stuff that are needed for your plans."[/i][/color] before leaving. The old guy waiting outside walks in to see that Peeko is safe and that she owes her life to me. [color=#ff0000][i]"Did I just help out a damsel in distress?"[/i][/color] Mr. Briney goes back to his cottage on Route 104, and I'll make my way back to Rustboro.

Upon my return to Rustboro, I get yet another Great Ball for helping the Devon guy and he takes me to the office of his boss. [color=#ff0000][i]"Is he going to get fired?"[/i][/color] He asks me to deliver the goods to Slateport and then he gets his boss to have a word with me. [color=#ff0000][i]"Did I do anything wrong?"[/i][/color] After more tutorial music, I arrive at his desk where he thanks me for helping his employee twice and he gives me a Pokenav, and a letter to deliver to Steven. He then heals me, [color=#ff0000][i]"Which I needed."[/i][/color] and leaves me to get on with my task.

Just as I leave, a scientist puts the Match Call feature into my Pokenav and asks me to call Mr. Stone right now. [color=#ff0000][i]"Can't I do it later?"[/i][/color] Unfortunately I couldn't leave until I called him, so I called him and he was looking at me down the window. [color=#ff0000][i]"Is he gay or something?"[/i][/color] I was just about to leave when May is there waiting for me. [color=#ff0000][i]"It must be true love, now's my chance to ask her out."[/i][/color] She heard that I had the Match Call feature on my Pokenav and she gives me her phone number. [i][color=#ff0000]"Success!"[/color][/i] Then she asks me for a battle to which I accepted. Miss ESP had a close call against Wingull, fortunately she survived and then Sally took care of Treecko. May gave me $900 for winning. [color=#ff0000][i]"Even though I would've ended up stealing it anyway."[/i][/color]

Before I went to Briney's cottage, I decided to give Fenrir some training. During the training, Sally learned Wing Attack. [color=#ff0000][i]"That'll be useful later." [/i][/color]It took longer to train Fenrir than it did Wendy, but once I trained him up, I went to Briney's cottage. It was there when I saw Briney playing tag with Peeko. [color=#ff0000][i]"He should at least act his age."[/i][/color] May told me he was once a sailor and I asked him to ferry me to Dewford so I can deliver a letter. Needless to say even my boat trip got interrupted. [color=#ff0000][i]"Why must everything that I'm involved get interrupted all the time?"[/i][/color] It turned out to be my Dad calling, [color=#ff0000][i]"However he got my number is beyond me."[/i][/color] and then we ended up in Dewford.

Dewford Town is a trendy town, so whenever a new trend is set, everyone instantly knows about it. [color=#ff0000][i]"It's like they tweet it to everyone else as soon as it becomes cool."[/i][/color] I steal an Old Rod from a fisherman and a Silk Scarf from a regular guy. [color=#ff0000][i]"I'm gonna sell everything I steal on ebay later."[/i][/color] The last place I visited was the Dewford Hall where everyone talks about what is hip right now, which was ENTERTAINING TREASURE. People were singing about it, someone was collecting merchandise, heck ENTERTAINING TREASURE was even in Vogue. However since I didn't like the ENTERTAINING TREASURE fad, I decided to make my own fad. I thought long and hard about it, [color=#ff0000][i]"All 10 seconds of my time."[/i][/color] and I decided that ADVENTURE TIME should be a fad, and the guy agrees tweeting everyone else about it. [color=#ff0000][i]"Finn and Jake have now become cooler thanks to me."[/i][/color]

After making a new fad, [color=#ff0000][i]"Adventure Time for the win."[/i][/color] my trip takes me to Route 106 where another couple of fisherman await. Fenrir took care of the Magikarps whilst Miss ESP took care of the Tentacool, and then Granite Cave came into sight.

Before I got a chance to talk to the hiker standing in front of me, a Makuhita ambushes me. [color=#ff0000][i]"Great, I missed my chance to get Shroomish last time." [/i][/color]Once [b]Michael [/b]joined my team, I spoke to the hiker who gave me HM05 Flash. [color=#ff0000][i]"Which is really useful since I don't have the 2nd badge yet."[/i][/color] He warns me that it's really dark and dangerous up ahead. [color=#ff0000][i]"Don't worry, I have torch so I can get through the cave easily."[/i][/color] Along the way I picked up an Escape Rope, [color=#ff0000][i]"Which should prove useful if I get lost, which shouldn't happen."[/i][/color] and ran away from any and all wild pokemon like a coward. Once I got to Steven, I delivered his letter like a boss and he gives me TM47 (Steel Wing) as a reward, which i'll teach to Sally. After he left, I stayed to continue training for gym battle number 2.
[/spoiler]

Team:
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/51/Spr_3r_259.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/6c/Spr_3r_280.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/fd/Spr_3r_276.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/23/Spr_3r_267.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4d/Spr_3r_296.png[/img]
Marshtomp (Mudman) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 17
Ralts (Miss ESP) [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 16
Taillow (Sally) [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 16
Beautifly (Wendy) [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 16
Makuhita (Micheal) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 16

[spoiler=In PC:]
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/cf/Spr_3r_293.png[/img]
Whismur (Will) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 6
[/spoiler]

R.I.P.
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/d7/Spr_3r_261.png[/img]
Poochyena (Fenrir) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 12 (Killed by Zubat's Leech Life [color=#ff0000]critical hit[/color]) I will talk about Fenrir's burial in Journal Entry #4

Started playing some more and got up to Petalburg Woods. I swear I'm getting the worst wild luck.
Rt. 102: POOCHYENA
Rt. 103: POOCHYENA
Rt. 104: POOCHYENA

DEAR LORD MAKE IT STOP
Got a Slakoth from Petalburg Woods, though. Named her Boxxy.

So considering I'm all out of Routes before Rustboro, and I have a Poochyena and a Slakoth, there's a good chance my Mudkip is going to end up having to solo Roxanne. :/

Archived