The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1346445038' post='6016833']
Um, just kinda curious, are there set rules for the Emerald lock? x-x

Like, normally I don't add the healing and item clauses. I just play where I can only catch one per route and if it faints it dies. Do I have to use the others? x-x
[/quote]

There are no special rules, just first Poke on every route/cave/building can be caught (but exception for Shinies and Legendaries) and faint = dead.=O
If the first Poke on a new rule is a pre-evolution or evolution of a previously caught Poke, you CAN catch it, but don't have to. You can also try to catch the second one you meet then.=O

I think that's about all, we're just doing something simple and not too confusing because many people are new.:3

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1346451012' post='6016885']
For some reason my GBA emulator isn't working. Standing by for now, I'll just continue Yellow until I can start Emerald.
[/quote]

Visual Boy Advance? Or No$gba?
I'm using Visual Boy and it's been working just fine.=O
Haven't started yet either, I'll probably start after everyone has though.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346455516' post='6016936']
If the first Poke on a new rule is a pre-evolution or evolution of a previously caught Poke, you CAN catch it, but don't have to. You can also try to catch the second oneyou meet then.=O
[/quote]
Wait, what? So if the first one you see on a route is one you have previously caught, you can try again?

Hugo the Shroomish was amazing against everyone in Roxanne's gym. Absorb 1-Hit KO'd all but Nosepass. That battle dragged out for a bit with Roxanne's constant use of potions and Nosepass' Defense Curl.

In other news Treecko evolved into Grovyle and I caught a Whismur. c:

So I went back to the routes where I found extra Poochyenas, and I caught a Taillow and named it Dave (it's a girl.) I also caught a Whismur and named it MittRomney. I then went back to Route 104 and caught a Marill, but it shortly died. Boxxy died too. D:

So this is my party right now.
MittRomney (Whismur) Level 10
Dave (Taillow) Level 12
Larry (Mudkip) Level 15

I want to evolve Larry, and then get Dave and MittRomney to level 14 before facing Roxanne.

[center][u][b]Current event: Standard Emerald Nuzlocke[/b][/u][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00][b]Team Treecko[/b] [img]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/EyeKanFly2/sprites/252.gif[/img][/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00]- .Leo[/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00]- Inferno Knight LC[/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00]- Hemcows[/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00]- Miror (lost starter)[/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00]- Cinnabon[/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080][b]Team Mudkipz[/b] [img]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/LadyDarkDragonness/Animated%20Pokemon%20Sprites/Mudkip2.gif[/img][/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080]- Majestic Bahamut[/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080]- ~British Soul~[/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080]- Archbaron Barthandelus[/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080]- Archbaron Larry[/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080]- Comrade TentaSparkle[/color][/center]
[center][color=#008080]- Renji[/color][/center]
[center][b][color=#ff0000]Team Torchic[/color][/b] [img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/codymills1990/Torchic.gif[/img][/center]
[center][color=#ff0000]- Thar Ablaze[/color][/center]
[center][color=#ff0000]- Skizo[/color][/center]
[center][color=#ff0000]- Smear[/color][/center]
[center][color=#ff0000]- Mako109[/color][/center]

[center][color=#ff0000]Losses: Thar Ablaze[/color][/center]

Well, it seems like no one else is going to join now.=O

And yeah, I usually add the pre-evolution + Shiny + legendary clause because it might be a tad unfair if you meet Poochyenas on every route.:'3
Not sure about the event/trade clause (like in-game trades), but people can choose this time, I guess.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346455516' post='6016936']
Visual Boy Advance? Or No$gba?
I'm using Visual Boy and it's been working just fine.=O
Haven't started yet either, I'll probably start after everyone has though.
[/quote]

Both, I just need to screw with the settings.

Yellow Update:

I added a Spearow named Lewis to my team and got lucky enough to get a Clefary in Mount Moon who's name is now Moo.
5 Pokes, no deaths.

Username: Archbaron Thor the Just
Favourite Pokémon: Volcarona
Favourite game: Black and White
Are you new to Nuzlockes / experience? Nope.

Sorry to say I cannot join the Emerald run. Hope you don't mind. I am however attempting Platinum and my standings are as follows:

Male Hanuman the Chimchar, Level 10, Rash Nature, Blaze Ability, Return, Leer, Ember, Taunt
Male Alot the Bidoof, Level 3, Careful Nature, Simple Ability, Tackle. Met at Lake Verity

from going well... I have Swampert left. A level 40 swampert left. Everything Died to the Pentalburg leader. except Swampert who just repeatedly mud shotted to victory.

So i decided to try and go it alone with Swampert, and spent most of today grinding him to here.

But yeah... its annoying. Not to mention my first pokemon in the most recent route was on water, and was like level 10. It was a magikarp who I sucided into something.

Never mind that, I did this on my own volition.
Alot is dead along with a random Zubat I didn't catch in a cave. And I blandly called it Batman.
Team's looking:
Hanuman (Chimchar) Level 12
Hanchan (Kricketune) Level 12 (Close enough to a cicada) How this came to be was unbelievable. 10% chance and the absolute first thing I encountered on Route 101 after receiving the Pokedex. No Bidoofs or anything like that inbetween. Started with Shed Skin, which sadly was swapped for Swarm once it was involuntarily evolved. Kind of wanted Bug bite, but I seem to have done something wrong with that.
Pele (Shinx) Level 6 (Because the first thing coming to mind when I hear lion is naturally hawaii) Route 203. Came with Intimidate of all things.

[spoiler=Journal Entry #4]
It was a long training session in Granite Cave, albeit a sad session too, as by beloved Fenrir the Poochyena died. He was battling a Zubat, and the blind bugger got a critical with Leech Life. [color=#ff0000][i]"You monster! I hope you burn in hell."[/i][/color] As I left Granite Cave with my toughened team, I went to the Pokemon Center to hold a burial for Fenrir. Present at the burial was Mudman the Marshtomp, Sally the Taillow, Miss ESP the Ralts, Michael the Makuhita, Wendy the Beautifly and Will the Whismur. After we all paid our respects, it was time to take down the second gym. [color=#ff0000][i]"For the glory of my survivors and the memory of Fenrir."[/i][/color]

As soon as I entered the gym, I noticed that it was almost pitch black in there. [color=#ff0000][i]"Where's the torch when I need it."[/i][/color] One-by-one the trainers fell, the best kill so far was Machop killing himself by confusion. [color=#ff0000][i]"I was chanting die, die, die before his turn."[/i][/color] The last trainer before Brawly was really cocky saying she'll crush me. [color=#ff0000][i]"Oh how you'll be crushed, by the news that I already have a girlfriend."[/i][/color] After defeating her, I went to heal my wounds before the hardest fight of the game so far.

Brawly is a surfer dude and he is just as cool as the trends of Dewford town, and the first pokemon he sends out is a Machop, and whilst he was busy Bulking Up to impress his opponent, Wendy blew him away with Gust. [color=#ff0000][i]"Good thing Wendy can't breed with Machop."[/i][/color] Meditite was just as easy to kill. [color=#ff0000][i]"I say even easier given its only attacking move is Focus Punch."[/i][/color] Finally it was time for the pokemon that causes the most problems, his Makuhita. However Makuhita didn't prove to be a challenge for Miss ESP, not even with its Sitrus Berry, and after 3 Confusion attacks it was all she wrote. After Makuhita's downfall, I stole $1900 from Brawly and received my Knuckle Badge and TM08 (Bulk Up). [color=#ff0000][i]"I thought Makuhita would prove to be more challenging, oh well."[/i][/color]

After getting Brawly's number, I go to the pokemon center to heal all of Miss ESP's wounds, and then it was time to head of to Slateport to deliver the GOODS. [color=#ff0000][i]"At least the journey to Slateport wasn't interrupted by a stupid phonecall."[/i][/color] Once I had finished getting a tan on one od the deckchairs laying about on the beach, [color=#ff0000][i]"Which took a while."[/i][/color] I thought it was time to battle some of the trainers to kill more time. [color=#ff0000][i]"I'm not trying to avoid delivering the GOODS."[/i][/color] When I defeated Sailor Huey he told me that I was the best, [color=#ff0000][i]"I actually agree with you."[/i][/color] the second Sailor was seasick as heck, [color=#ff0000][i]"He was using seasickness as an excuse for sucking."[/i][/color] one of the female Tubers acted like she had no confidence in herself, and once the rest of the trainers on the beach fell, I went inside the seashore house.

The first trainer I fought in there didn't cry because he lost, [color=#ff0000][i]"He's acting like a real man."[/i][/color] the second guy accepted his loss because we had a hot battle, [color=#ff0000][i]"No fire was involved in that battle though."[/i][/color] and the last trainer didn't boring battle because they aren't worth the effort, and when she lost she said that's hot, [color=#ff0000][i]"Was she talking about me? I already have a girlfriend though."[/i][/color] and once I had stollen half a dozen Soda Pops, I left the beach for Slateport City.

As soon as I entered Slateport, I got a call from Roxanne, [color=#ff0000][i]"How did she get my number?"[/i][/color] she heard from Brawly that I've been moving up the ranks and that she'll revamp her gym for a later rematch. [color=#ff0000][i]"More like grinding and catching pokemon that aren't native to the Hoenn region."[/i][/color] I saw that the people in the market were packing up for the night, [color=#ff0000][i]"I'm not surprised, it's 11pm."[/i][/color] and after yawning, I walked into the pokemon center for the night.

On the morning of day 3 of my adventure, I notived a bunch of Team Aqua pirates waiting outside the museum. [color=#ff0000][i]"The exhibhits inside must be really exciting to attract lame minions like them."[/i][/color] I didn't want to bother them yet, because I wanted to check out the market. The first woman I spoke to gave me a Powder Jar, [color=#ff0000][i]"Which i'll never use."[/i][/color] I was also informed of the TM Secret Power and if I get it, I can get some cool stuff, [color=#ff0000][i]"But i'll keep that hush hush."[/i][/color] then there's the Energy Guru who sells expensive vitamins, [color=#ff0000][i]"I really mean expensive for this part of the game where I only have just about $19000."[/i][/color] and the woman next to him applauds effort, [color=#ff0000][i]"I'll come back to her later if I can be bothered."[/i][/color] and finally I meet a bloke selling dolls for my room. [color=#ff0000][i]"If I was a girl, then I would definately buy a doll."[/i][/color]

Once I had finished shopping in the market, [color=#ff0000][i]"Buying absolutely nothing."[/i][/color] I found a place called the Battle Tent. [color=#ff0000][i]"Where's the contest hall?" [/i][/color]I enter to find out it's a Battle Swap Tournament and that I had to choose my team from a bunch of rentals, [color=#ff0000][i]"I wish I could actually use them on my team." [/i][/color]and what was my reward for getting 3 straight wins? A Full Heal, [color=#ff0000][i]"At least give me something good."[/i][/color] at least I left the place with a TM41 (Torment).

After shaking it off for long enough, I went to the museum just to see what was going on. [color=#ff0000][i]"I could've waited longer, just to annoy the people waiting in line."[/i][/color] One of them complained about getting bored and that he should've brought his Gameboy Advance, [color=#ff0000][i]"What game was you going to play?"[/i][/color] another reminisces about lining up for a smash hit game, whilst the guy at the back of the line wonders why they should be paying in the first place. [color=#ff0000][i]"You are the villains, why should you pay?"[/i][/color] Since I can't do anything about the line, I'll just deliver the GOODS.

I went to the shipyard to see if I can find Capt. Stern, but the Dock told me to find him. [color=#ff0000][i]"If I knew where he was."[/i][/color] So I left the shipyard to find that the line at the museum has subsided so I enter the museum as well. So I had to pay the $50 entry fee, [color=#ff0000][i]"Which is the first time I have spent any money during this Nuzlocke."[/i][/color] and the Team Aqua goon I defeated in Rusturf tunnel gives me TM46 (Thief) and runs of. [color=#ff0000][i]"What a lame minion, he should get fired."[/i][/color] I then found out that the reason why there was a long line was because someone didn't have the $50 to get in. [color=#ff0000][i]"But you're villains you shouldn't need to pay, you can just barge in."[/i][/color] I go upstaris to find Capt. Stern, [color=#ff0000][i]"Finally, I can now deliver the GOODS and get on my life."[/i][/color] when a couple of goons comes up to steal the parts. [color=#ff0000][i]"And fail of course."[/i][/color] and they challenge me to a battle, which I won easily.

After the 2 goons were defeated, the leader of Team Aqua, Archie comes up. I tried to do my best impression of him from the anime and he asks what was taking so long, and then assumes that I'm a part of Team Magma, [color=#ff0000][i]"As if, I don't even know what they're dressed like."[/i][/color] he then warns me that if I meddle with their plans, there will be some serious consequences, [color=#ff0000][i]"I'll meddle with them anyway."[/i][/color] and then they leave in a typical manor of a villainous team in pokemon games. [color=#ff0000][i]"A Blackout then."[/i][/color] Capt. Stern heals me before leaving in the same manor as Team Aqua, and with that I leave the museum.

As I left, I noticed a familiar face wearing a hawaiian shirt approach me, [color=#ff0000][i]"The guy who didn't tell me his name."[/i][/color] and he tells me that his name is Scott. He says that he has met me before,[color=#ff0000][i] "Yes, in Petalburg." [/i][/color]and after realising that it was me who drove away Team Aqua, he gives me his phone number and leaves. [color=#ff0000][i]"I don't even know the bloke, why have I got his number."[/i][/color] As I was trying to make sense of that situation, I leave for Route 110.
[/spoiler]

Team:
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/51/Spr_3r_259.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/6c/Spr_3r_280.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/fd/Spr_3r_276.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/23/Spr_3r_267.png[/img][img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4d/Spr_3r_296.png[/img]
Marshtomp (Mudman) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 18
Ralts (Miss ESP) [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 17
Taillow (Sally) [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 17
Beautifly (Wendy) [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 17
Makuhita (Micheal) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 17

[spoiler=In PC:]
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/cf/Spr_3r_293.png[/img]
Whismur (Will) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 6
[/spoiler]

R.I.P.
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/d7/Spr_3r_261.png[/img]
Poochyena (Fenrir) [color=#00ffff][b]Male[/b][/color] Level 12 (Killed by Zubat's Leech Life [color=#ff0000]critical hit[/color])

So anyway, I beat Roxanne and May no problem, and I'm now going to head over to Dewford. Had to make an exception in the "one Pokemon per route rule" because I had no Pokemon that could learn Cut. Go ahead. Crucify me.

My team:
Dave (Taillow) Level 15
MittRomney (Whismur) Level 15
Larry (Marshtomp) Level 18
HM Slave (Nincada) Level 7

[quote name='Archbaron Thor the Just' timestamp='1346525662' post='6017379']
Favourite Pokémon: Volcarona
[/quote]
[/likeaboss]

By the way, DL actually convinced me to do a Monorun instead of a Nuzlocke. So, I chose water, and things are goin sweet.

Alphonse(Marshtomp) - 30
Edward(Azumarill) - 30
Sjin(Pelipper) - 29
Sips(Lombre) - 28

Too bad the VBA's save thing got messed up, I lost a ton of progress. >.>

Grinding all to 10 before I hit Petalburg. Here's the crew so far.

Nutrients Lvl 10 ([color=#0000ff]MALE[/color]) (Treeko - Professor Birch)[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emesprani/emesprani252.gif[/img]
Toasty Lvl 10 ([color=#0000ff]MALE[/color]) (Zigzagoon - Route 101)[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emesprani/emesprani263.gif[/img]
Fries Lvl 2 ([color=#ee82ee]FEMALE[/color]) (Wingull - Route 103)[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emesprani/emesprani278.gif[/img]
Amigo Lvl 9 ([color=#0000ff]MALE[/color]) (Lotad - Route 102)[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emesprani/emesprani270.gif[/img]

[quote name='Hemcowz' timestamp='1346571671' post='6017731']
Fries Lvl 2 ([color=#ee82ee]FEMALE[/color]) (Wingull - Route 103)[img]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emesprani/emesprani278.gif[/img]
[/quote]

YOU TOTALLY GOT THAT NAME FROM MY WINGULL.
Bully.

Anyway, I was going on a good run the other day. Too bad the save decided to be corrupt and stuff.
;-;

EDIT:
Also, because I was bored, I decided to make a banner/logo thing for the club.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/n6q34m.png[/IMG]

...dafuq?

Meh, I copypasted these rules from a random run on the Nuzlocke forum.
Others like nicknames, trades are optional. You can use them if you want, but it works just fine without them.

[quote]
1. If a Pokemon faints it's dead and must be boxed.
2. Only the first Pokemon encountered in each new area is available for capture.
-a. Only in effect after first Pokeballs are received.
-- b. Shinies are allowed to be captured, no matter the Pokemon or route.
---c. No dupes. If you encounter a dupe, you have two more tries to get a different mon. If not, too bad. The route becomes uncatachable then.
(3. Name every Pokemon to form a bond.)
4. Wipe out= Game over.
5. Survive[/quote]

Also, I think I said it, but this is just a starter thing to let everyone do stuff because we do something more complicated.
You can basically add some rules if you want, dunno.
It's a game.o_o

But I'd recommend to keep a HM slave in the group and one Pokémon that knows Fly.=O

[quote name='Smear' timestamp='1346580875' post='6017760']
Anyway, I was going on a good run the other day. Too bad the save decided to be corrupt and stuff.
;-;
[/quote]

You can still save your games, you just can't start a new one.
Btu yeah, I actually want to do one of those monoruns that Renji brought up.
Maybe on Labor Day when I have no school or work to worry about.

Monotype sounds good.:3
Provided that you pick a type you can work with and not something like Bug or Poison.D:

And I finally started my Treecko run.=o
The team in Rustboro City:
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ii8gsk.png[/img]

Caught a Ralts on route 102. /not-bad.jpg

But to avoid ragequits at the beginning, I'd recommend to level up fast.
Like, grind like hell, the earlier, the better.=o
Also, fight those Silcoons, Cascoons and Seedots! They make you level up fast and all.

Archived