The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346275107' post='6015544']
I would say ruby/saphirre/emerald. Personally.
[/quote]
Yeah, maybe with the randomizer for some variety?
[quote name='Smear' timestamp='1346304251' post='6015841']
One time, me and my friend made a rule. "If you find a Pokémon you have previously caught as the first in a new route, you may catch the next one you find.".
It adds more variety. I like it.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that rule already exists.

^ Yeah, that plus the pre-evolution and shiny clause.

Also, I managed to beat Whitney and her Miltank with no defeat. But I was lucky because my Quilava's Smokescreen hit despite Attract and Hoothoot used Hypnosis, then just Magnitude/Rock Throw spam with Geodude. Yay!

Derp (Slowpoke) 16
Perfume (Oddish) 18
[s]Clockwork (Hoothoot) 19[/s] (beat by the Sudowoodo before I could use Hypnosis on it D:)
McFish (Quagsire) 20
Rocky (Geodude) 20
Willy (Quilava) 20
Insomnia (Drowzee) 12 (caught on the route under the city with the mall)

Death: Ghastly, Hoothoot

NOW AS FOR THE EMERALD THING, I thought it would better if everyone started around the same time. Maybe like Insect Graveyard said, with a twist of some sort.
But since many people were already playing Emerald, yeah, feel free to start and see how far you come.
I'm probably starting with a Treecko.~

So we just do an Emerald run for now (the ones who want to do it) and next time, maybe the colour thing or a randomizer? That sounds fine?=o

[quote name='Insect Graveyard' timestamp='1346315961' post='6015879']
I'm pretty sure that rule already exists.
[/quote]
Really? Well, then me and my friend used that rule.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346319667' post='6015890']
But since many people were already playing Emerald, yeah, feel free to start and see how far you come.
So we just do an Emerald run for now (the ones who want to do it) and next time, maybe the colour thing or a randomizer? That sounds fine?=o
[/quote]

Treecko <33
Fair enough. I might end up starting in an hour or so. If not, then tomorrow.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346319667' post='6015890']
^ Yeah, that plus the pre-evolution and shiny clause.

Also, I managed to beat Whitney and her Miltank with no defeat. But I was lucky because my Quilava's Smokescreen hit despite Attract and Hoothoot used Hypnosis, then just Magnitude/Rock Throw spam with Geodude. Yay!

Derp (Slowpoke) 16
Perfume (Oddish) 18
[s]Clockwork (Hoothoot) 19[/s] (beat by the Sudowoodo before I could use Hypnosis on it D:)
McFish (Quagsire) 20
Rocky (Geodude) 20
Willy (Quilava) 20
Insomnia (Drowzee) 12 (caught on the route under the city with the mall)

Death: Ghastly, Hoothoot

NOW AS FOR THE EMERALD THING, I thought it would better if everyone started around the same time. Maybe like Insect Graveyard said, with a twist of some sort.

[/quote]

Good job on the nuzlocke!

@Emerald run: I can definitely start a separate run on emerald. I will probably begin later today since I want to get more progress on Ruby buts sounds like a fun adventure (especially with Emerald being my favourite game).

I have a copy of Emerald... somewhere.

Gonna finish FFX first simply for the sake of not having loads of RP's on the go whilst I'm still trying to write my bloody fanfic, so will probably start Monday.

If someone kind would post me all the rules of the challenge having never done a Nuzlocke before I'd be grateful.

Since so many people are playing Emerald, we could build teams based on the starters.=O
I'd be on team Treecko (although I like Mudkipz =[).
Oh well...
And then we see which teams does the best? (least deaths and who gets the farthest)

Rules:
- When a Pokémon faints, it's dead. You have to put it into a box or release it.
- You can only catch the first Pokémon you meet on every route/cave/building.
- If the Pokémon faints or you run out of Pokéballz, it's gone.

Then there are optional rules, like if it's a pre-evolution of a Pokémon you already have, you don't have to catch it and you can catch any Shinies.
Some people do the hard stuff like only one heal per Pokémon Centre, but that's for later.;3

Oh and sorry, accepted!

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346329415' post='6015921']
Since so many people are playing Emerald, we could build teams based on the starters.=O
I'd be on team Treecko (although I like Mudkipz =[).
Oh well...
And then we see which teams does the best? (least deaths and who gets the farthest)

Rules:
- When a Pokémon faints, it's dead. You have to put it into a box or release it.
- You can only catch the first Pokémon you meet on every route/cave/building.
- If the Pokémon faints or you run out of Pokéballz, it's gone.

Then there are optional rules, like if it's a pre-evolution of a Pokémon you already have, you don't have to catch it and you can catch any Shinies.
Some people do the hard stuff like only one heal per Pokémon Centre, but that's for later.;3
[/quote]

Like the teams idea.

I'm unsure of starter. And think I'll play no duplicates rule.

Ah, was mystified about the people talking about poison deaths. So are there healing rules or is that optional?

Meh, I tried building a team but failed.
Tried leveling up a Makuhita (Lv. 12) named AJ, but it had its ass kicked by a Lv. 14 Machop. -_-
But I'm annihilating with Spitfire. Right now it's at Lv. 24 and I'm currently walking under Cycle Road.

Alright then.:3
[size=6]So everyone who wants to take part in the challenge, post here and tell me which starter you're using.~[/size]

I'll just join whatever team is the most forever-alone.;-;

And don't worry about pace and such, it's just the number of deaths and progress that count. If some people want to start just now, that's fine.

Oh and if you can't pick your starter, the rest of us will choose for you.;3

[quote name='Majestic Star Bahamut' timestamp='1346332196' post='6015946']
Like the teams idea.

I'm unsure of starter. And think I'll play no duplicates rule.

Ah, was mystified about the people talking about poison deaths. So are there healing rules or is that optional?
[/quote]

Healing rules are optional.
If you're new to nuzlockes, I wouldn't recommend healing limits (minus Revive, Max Revive and such).
Starter: How about Mudkipz? We don't have anyone using them so far. :o

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346333258' post='6015963']
I lost... AGAIN.

Treecko got punched by Nosepass.... Lots. And my other pokemon were Ralts and a wurmple... and I lost. Badly. -sniffle-
[/quote]

RALTS? Treecko?
Sorry though. What were your levels when you met the first gym leader?

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346334736' post='6015978']
[size=6]So everyone who wants to take part in the challenge, post here and tell me which starter you're using.~[/size]

I'll just join whatever team is the most forever-alone.;-;

And don't worry about pace and such, it's just the number of deaths and progress that count. If some people want to start just now, that's fine.

Oh and if you can't pick your starter, the rest of us will choose for you.;3

If you're new to nuzlockes, I wouldn't recommend healing limits (minus Revive, Max Revive and such).
[/quote]

Cheers

Actually I usually start with Mudkip, but I do like the cute little guy so yeah will do that.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346334736' post='6015978']
[/quote]

Cheers

Actually I usually start with Mudkip, but I do like the cute little guy so yeah will do that.

Gonna be on team Treecko because I am using Mudkip in my Ruby run. I will be gone this weekend so I won't be able to update it on here to often, but I have quite a long road trip so I will get some good progress then on Emerald.

Team on Ruby:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jtNVQ.png[/img]

Archived