The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hIgYU.png[/img]

[quote]
[color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][16:35:54][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(233, 233, 233)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#033996][b]@[/b][/color] [url="http://lccg.forumotion.com/u6"][color=#033996][b]Leo[/b][/color][/url] : what level does makuhita evolve?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][16:37:06][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#033996][b]@[/b][/color] [url="http://lccg.forumotion.com/u10"][color=#033996][b]Ash[/b][/color][/url] : idr[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][16:37:12][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(233, 233, 233)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#033996][b]@[/b][/color] [url="http://lccg.forumotion.com/u10"][color=#033996][b]Ash[/b][/color][/url] : ZAEED EVOLVED[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][16:37:33][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#033996][b]@[/b][/color] [url="http://lccg.forumotion.com/u6"][color=#033996][b]Leo[/b][/color][/url] : YAY[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][16:38:42][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(233, 233, 233)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#00614E][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#033996][b]@[/b][/color] [url="http://lccg.forumotion.com/u10"][color=#033996][b]Ash[/b][/color][/url] : i am so happy[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

EDIT: Accidentally crit-killed a first encounter wild Geodude in Mt Moon. :L

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1346346132' post='6016078']
RIP Lombaerts the Makuhita. Now Brawly becauses x10 more difficult.
[/quote]

Yeah, I miss my Makuhita too. It would've been awesome to see it evolve into a Hiriyama.
And you're catching up to me, dude. That's not fair, cause I'm stuck on campus until 8:30. =/

[quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1346352004' post='6016131']
Like i said earlier, i'll be using Mudkip for my Emerald Nuzlocke.
[/quote]

That's a good choice, cause Torchic is broken as f*ck. I got past the first two gyms with my Combusken alone.

[quote name='Thar Ablaze' timestamp='1346352251' post='6016134']
That's a good choice, cause Torchic is broken as f*ck. I got past the first two gyms with my Combusken alone.
[/quote]

And he storms through the elite four with brick break and blaze kick.

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1346353613' post='6016152']
And he storms through the elite four with brick break and blaze kick.
[/quote]

That actually might be the case.
My moveset so far:

Scratch
Double Kick
Peck
Ember

Yeah...fighting, flying, and fire all in one moveset. Tell me that's not broken.

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1346354137' post='6016157']
Ah screw it, I'll continue doing Yellow, but Imma join in with Emerald.

Are doing randomizer or no?
[/quote]

No randomizer because many of us are new to Nuzlockes (I've only done like, 2).
We're starting slowly to get everyone around the same level. Or something like that.

But I support with randomizer and other funny things next time.:3

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346357177' post='6016186']
I'm starting for the third time. Mudkip isn't dead yet. and is level 10. And i have Poochy, and a Lotad. Level 7 and 9 respectively.

So, much better this time.
[/quote]

Well, do you think you can keep it alive long enough to be put into Team Mudkipz?

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1346357750' post='6016195']
KK, *starts emerald rom because I can't be bothered to trade out everything on the cartridge*
[/quote]

Starter?=O

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346361431' post='6016248']
Sure, take your time.
To each their own pace/lives.:3

And I'm sorry about Lombaerts.D:

Now anyone else joining Team Edward/Team Jacob?=O
[/quote]

I should have been smarter with him tbh. I knew the bide would kill him but I was hoping he would be able to finish it off before it unleashed its power. Obviously that was not the case.

To shake things up in my Emerald Nuzlocke, I'm keeping a journal.
[spoiler=My Emerald Nuzlocke Journal entry #1]
When I began this nuzlocke and clicked new game, i spoke everything that Prof. Birch said in Dan Green's voice. He asks if i was a boy or a girl, and then what my name was.
[color=#ff0000][i]"Hi! My name is Silver, and I have moved to the town of Littleroot on request of my father, Norman. My mother? She hates me, she stuffed me into the moving van with all of our stuff."[/i][/color]

When I arrived in Littleroot, I found out that our stuff is being manhandled by Vigoroth. [color=#ff0000][i]"How did they get so strong?"[/i][/color] Anyways, my mom told me to set my clock upstairs. [color=#ff0000][i]"I would've thought my Dad would set it in recognition of us moving here."[/i][/color] After I had set my clock, I took the potion out of my PC and then I went downstairs. It was there that my Mom told me that Dad was on TV and that we just missed him. Anyways I was told that one of his friends, Prof. Birch lived here and that I should go and say hello whilst she waits at home drinking a cup of tea.

I go nextdoor and introduce myself. Birch's wife told me that they have a kid about my age upstairs and that she wants to make a friend. [color=#ff0000][i]"Why? Is she lonely?"[/i][/color] So I go upstairs and find... noone. I noticed the cool orange Gamecube and the pokeball or item on the floor, and suddenly May came up. I read everything she said in my best May impression.

Finaly it was time to introduce myself to Prof. Birch. I went out of Littleroot to see what the commotion was about on Route 101. A little girl told me that someone is out there, and so i decided to investigate. [color=#ff0000][i]"Oh my god! Prof. Birch is being chased by a Zigzagoon? I'm so filming this and putting it on Youtube."[/i][/color] He orders me to help it, so I rummage through his bag [i][color=#ff0000]"Because it totally isn't stealing."[/color][/i] So I chose Mudkip [color=#ff0000][i]"So I heard I liek Mudkipz? Team Mudkip for the win."[/i][/color] Needless to say I whooped the Zigzagoon in 3 turns flat and then we headed back to Prof. Birch's lab, which was where he offered me to nickname my Mudkip, and thus [color=#0000ff]Mudman[/color] was born. Prof. Birch then asked me to go see May to which I accepted. [color=#ff0000][i]"Mind you, I only accepted the task so I can ask her out."[/i][/color]

So I got to Oldale Town and I noticed some nerd trying to sketch some footprints to what he believes to be a rare pokemon, but I had to go and see May in Route 103. After running away from a Wingull, it was time for the first boss fight. I knew that if her Treecko defeated my Mudkip, then it would be all she wrote for this nuzlocke, fortunately I knew that Mudkip had a bit higher defense so I had the advantage and after a few turns, Treecko was defeated, Mudkip gained 69 EXP and I won $300 from May. [color=#ff0000][i]"When I mean I won $300, what I really meant was that I stole $300 from her."[/i][/color] May wanted me to race her back to Prof. Birch's lab, [i][color=#ff0000]"Drat! I forgot to ask her out, and there's no way I'm asking her in front of Birch."[/color][/i]

Back in Littleroot, I walk into Prof. Birch's lab with a smug face on like Gary Oak. He told me that it was excellent that I beat May on my first try [i][color=#ff0000]"...And here I thought he'd shout at me for defeating his daughter."[/color][/i] My reward? Is a pokedex and 5 pokeballs, and on my way out, my mother comes and gives me the running shoes [i][color=#ff0000]"Sweet, now I can run everywhere."[/color][/i]

When I returned to Oldale Town, I noticed some dude from the PokeMart and took me to the PokeMart and explained how they worked [color=#ff0000][i]"Like I haven't gone shopping before."[/i][/color] I suddenly realised that my Mudkip needs to be healed. [i][color=#ff0000]"Professor Oak auto-healed my pokemon after the first fight hmph."[/color][/i] So I walked into the Pokemon Center and saw the lovely Nurse Joy, and about 10 seconds later my Mudkip was healed. On my way out, I saw that the nerd had finished sketching, and what did he sketch? His own feet of course. [color=#ff0000][i]"So basically he thought his own footprints were the footprints of a rare pokemon. Did he forget where he was walking or something?"[/i][/color]

Now it was onwards towards Route 102 and it was finally time to capture a friend for Mudman the Mudkip. I ran through the grass and suddenly a Ralts appeared. [color=#ff0000][i]"I must be really lucky."[/i][/color] Without hesitation I went to capture it, and [color=#800080]Miss ESP[/color] joined my team. I figured that since all that Ralts had is Growl, I had to train her, and Mudman would be doing all the work.

After Miss ESP had learned Confusion, it was time that she started pulling her weight since Mudman had been doing all the work to train her to level 6. The first trainer that I met on Route 102 stated the obvious saying that if I have a pokemon, then I'm a pokemon trainer and that I can't say no to his challenge. [i][color=#ff0000]"As if I didn't already know that."[/color][/i] The worst part of it was the fact that Mudman would be doing all the work against Calvin because Poochyena was a dark-type. [i][color=#ff0000]"I forgot he had a Poochyena in Emerald."[/color][/i] Whilst poochyena was howling away, Mudman tackled him to submission and I stole $80 from Calvin.

Next up was Bug Catcher Rick and Miss ESP took care of him all by herself and I claimed my winnings from him. After my fight with Allen, I stole some berries to the north because noone else was going to claim them. Once I had successfully stolen $256 from the trainers of Route 102, I arrived in Petalburg City.
[/spoiler]

[color=#0000ff]Mudkip (Mudman)[/color] [b][color=#00ffff]Male[/color][/b] Level 9
[color=#800080]Ralts (Miss ESP)[/color] [color=#ee82ee][b]Female[/b][/color] Level 7

I really enjoyed that journal! Nice spin on the telling of a nuzlocke story.

So I started mine now, nothing substantial to talk about yet. Named my Treeko that I got Evice because of nostalgic reasons of my Pokemon Colosseum playthroughs. I am hoping that this nuzlocke goes comfortably well, since gym #3 is going to be stupid. Hopefully I can get lucky and get a Nincade and get Shedinja which would make the gym quite easy.

Username: Mako109
Favourite Pokémon: Kingdra
Favourite game: Ruby
Are you new to Nuzlockes / experience?

Funny story. A few days ago, before I noticed this club, I had started an Emerald Nuzlocke. So far, ok.

Thomas - Beautifly - Lv12 (Feel flattered, Larry :3)
Rory - Torchic - Lv15
Swampy - Lombre - Lv16

R.I.P, Harley the Poochyena, Lv. 12. Killed by May's blasted Torkoal.

The rules I have:

-The two standard
-I cannot buy HP restoring items
-I only get 3 retries. (As in, I can restore to save if things go badly)

I've had to retry once already, due to trouble with Roxanne's Nosepass. ;_;

Archived