May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you considered trying a format where players can only use 1 of any card in a main, extra, or side deck? I think it would be pretty interesting to see how people would . . . adjust to a format like that. Though there are some problems with an all limited format (like how reborn tengu or slushy is useless by itself), I think you can easily solve them.

Highlander format is not as good. It's actually the first thought one has when thinking about not using 3s.
It becomes too random and inconsistent. It does have it's charm, but it's more casual-natured.

IRL, you can build a Deck with 14 different cards to the biggest extreme (14x3=42), If some are searchers, you can pretty much be consistent enough to give your deck 2 or 3 combos to focus on and go with it.

This format puts the extreme to 20 cards. It's a lot closer to the IRL format than it is to the 1 of a kind with 40 different cards.
Since even anime characters have copies of some cards, I thought 2 was best..... because the old skeleton of this format was intended for a fanfic, and you all know anime charactes can't do uberly consistent meta plays every turn because it takes away the magiks! but making them bad on purpose is also not a good idea.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1352482260' post='6064838']
Any tips though on what would make getting Bamboo out faster? Since I'm new to Naturia's I don't know completely how they work.
[/quote]
It's literally impossible to get it out "faster" other than using a lot of draw cards. But to get it out more consistently, pineapple is the only good way to go about it.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1352482397' post='6064840']
It's literally impossible to get it out "faster" other than using a lot of draw cards. But to get it out more consistently, pineapple is the only good way to go about it.
[/quote]
Alrighty, thank you. I'm running a Naturia Madolche hybrid. Baiscally, my modolche act as a way to keep my opp. at bay while a wait to get Bamboo out. But the Madolche can also win me the game on there own so I don't have to completely rely on Bamboo.

I was thinking that Verz, Verz Rabbit and Dino Rabbit could be considered Tier 1 as well: When I fought them in the tournament they were quite diffcult to deal with. Since Main Deck Bosses are powerful threats in this format, Laggia and Ophion keep them on check.

Archived