YCM 1v1 Leaderboard Season 19

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll add it later on in the day. Yours will likely be the final one for the season, as I said Season 16 ends on Saturday [and it's currently 12:36 am Friday morning on my end].

So yeah, if you guys want to do 1v1s once season ends and Postseason stuff happens, it'll have to be non-regulation (won't count for Leaderboard, but you can still do whatever).

====

I should've announced this 14 hours ago, but yeah, Season 16 is a wrap. I'll have to give out the season prizes and then send out invites to the top 8 to compete in Postseason.

Those of you who still want to make 1v1s may continue to do so, but they will not count towards your score (and more/less will be on your own terms).

• 4 weeks later...

Well, you did have the best win record for Season 16, so...

But since you weren't around for a while when the postseason started, yeah, the rankings were pushed up one (so #2 through #9 were given that).

With that said, Season 17 will likely start after the tournament ends. Given the inactivity in this section in general, there is some consideration in just letting you guys 1v1 however you want [standards remain, but Leaderboard won't be a thing] or keeping things the way they are. If Season 17 starts, it'll likely run until mid-December.

What do you guys want in terms of Leaderboard?

Well, you did have the best win record for Season 16, so...

But since you weren't around for a while when the postseason started, yeah, the rankings were pushed up one (so #2 through #9 were given that).

With that said, Season 17 will likely start after the tournament ends. Given the inactivity in this section in general, there is some consideration in just letting you guys 1v1 however you want [standards remain, but Leaderboard won't be a thing] or keeping things the way they are. If Season 17 starts, it'll likely run until mid-December.

What do you guys want in terms of Leaderboard?

oh wait, I think I'm actually a participant in the tournament ._.

aren't there any brackets or something?

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Season 16 placing]

Season 16 Standings

[WIN - LOSS - DRAW]

Bellringer Angel (5-1-1) 

AEZ (3-1-1)

Batmed (2-0-0)

Belle (2-1-0)

Dragon Sage (2-3-0)

(parenthesis) (1-1-0)

IRS (1-1-0)

BDS (1-4-1)

Dova (0-1-0)

XOXO (0-1-0)

CuriousHeartless (0-3-1) 

(In the event things need to be reviewed for later)

Alright, with the Postseason done, I hereby open Season 17 of Leaderboard. This will run until late November - early December. 

(Due to lack of time, we're skipping the Preseason tournaments)

While this should be obvious, the Leaderboard tournaments only factor in Yugioh based 1v1s. I need to mention this because non-YGO contests are being permitted in here now, despite their rarity.

For those of you who want to do this, 3-way fights will be permitted for Leaderboard (as a test run for this season). The rules for this run the same as a standard 1v1, however there are some changes.

• You must note this in the thread title or opening post [that you wish to have a 3-way tournament (1v1v1)]. In this instance, two players will be permitted to challenge you. (If you don't get enough participants by the specified deadline, then it defaults to a standard 1v1).
  • Voters must vote card D if neither of the cards (in your opinion) deserve to win, as opposed to C for standard matches because it will be taken by an actual card now.
  • Winner gets a mark added to their record as normal, whereas losers get a loss recorded.
    • In the case of a member getting 2nd place with different scores all around, I am considering the usage of giving 0.5 win and 0.5 loss (as they technically won against the 3rd place user, but lost against the overall winner). So...(win/loss/draw)
      • 1st place: 1 - 0 - 0
      • 2nd place: 0.5 - 0.5 - 0
      • 3rd place: 0 - 1 - 0
    • For 3-way ties, will amount to 2/3 of a tie marked on record (as 0.67 due to decimal rounding). Same rules apply for resolving ties at the end of the season; 2 ties = 1 win/loss.

(I don't foresee this option being used too often due to the added safeguards that need to go on it, but it is there for those who want it. Will be tested this season to see if it works out. If it flops, Season 18 will default to the standard procedure or I end this test early [but the records will remain].)

Also a reminder that you can also try this in non-Leaderboard matches if you so choose. 

If you have any questions, please ask. 

But otherwise, have fun 1v1ing until finals week or so. 

Make sure that voters who didn't receive their reps from voting get them. (As I know Belle only gave once for the first one; no one on the second)

I told the competitors to do it, but guess I'm noting it now:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366048-leaderboard-catman-vs-black-dsceptyr-cards-are-up/

Tie between these two.

Voters were myself and Eshai

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366069-leaderboard-dsceptyr-vs-batmed-destruction-sword-situation-cards-up/

BDS won (you really think I don't know everyone's design styles by now?)

Only voter was me.

======

Right, and leaving this as a little note of some matches that are still dead; first one is a week past deadline and I'd rather not lock it because it's been inactive. 

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365894-leaderboard-catman-vs-eshai-cards-are-up/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366070-leaderboard-dsceptyr-vs-batmed-triple-blaze-test-cards-up/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366072-leaderboard-dragon-sage-vs-belle/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366066-leaderboard-cmeshai-vs-octosquid

(Octosquid, any progress on your stuff right now?)

======

For further contests, keep 1v1s as single card matches because yeah, people aren't going to be motivated to critique two sets at once. [This is mostly for matches 1 and 4 on this list]

I'm really sorry about being this late. I had a bit of trouble fleshing out my initial idea and also had some IRL stuff to do this week. I sent my cards to Eshai, so the contest should get going pretty soon.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365894-leaderboard-catman-vs-eshai-cards-are-up/

Eshai won.

I'm the only one who voted. 

You guys need to actually report your own results in the future; otherwise, they will not be added to the opening post. It should not take you more than 1-2 minutes to do that. 

Archived