Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Tentacruel

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1357787084' post='6116898']
So its safe to say Yvelta will be either a Blood or Plasma Pokemon, in terms of species.
Right?
[/quote]NEW TYPE "PLASMA" LIKE I MADE UP IN MIDDLE SCHOOL. It's the same as Fire except it's immune to Fire, normal against water, and weak against ice.

So new guesses:
Xerneas: Electric
Yveltal: Fire

Also, putting my bet that Z is based on the heart.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1357793560' post='6116982']
Xerneas: Electric
Yveltal: Fire
[/quote]

My problem with that is that we JUST had these with Zekrom and Reshiram. Bad enough we had 2 sets of dragons in a row.

Couldn't tell you their types (though safe to say Yveltal's part Flying), but I'm hoping it's different than we're used to.

And if the legendary/germ layer stuff is true, then that's really cool. They got creative with this gen.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1357793969' post='6116992']
My problem with that is that we JUST had these with Zekrom and Reshiram. Bad enough we had 2 sets of dragons in a row.

Couldn't tell you their types (though safe to say Yveltal's part Flying), but I'm hoping it's different than we're used to.
And if the legendary/germ layer stuff is true, then that's really cool. They got creative with this gen.
[/quote]...THE BIRD IS DARK AND FLYING AND THE DEER IS GROUND AND... [b]LIGHT![/b]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1357794886' post='6117016']
Light [i]would[/i] be cool, though I'm trying to wrap my head around how the mechanics would work.
Light and Dark super effective against each other.
Either super effective or not very effective against Ghost.
Super effective against Bug maybe.
And uh
I think I know why they never added it.
[/quote]I'd think it'd be super effective against Dark and not affected the other way around.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1357794901' post='6117017']
To be fair, Dark-Type is just bizarro Normal.
No, really, its practically the exact same thing, but with the ability to hit Ghost-Types.
(Of course, this was back in Gen 2, when Hyper Beam wouldn't be able to hit Ghost Pokemon)
[/quote]Oh wait, this is better. They make Light a bizarro Ghost;.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1357795353' post='6117029']
I'd think it'd be super effective against Dark and not affected the other way around.[/quote]

Eh, people always go on about light and darkness being two sides of the same coin and how one can't exist without the other, don't they? I was thinking they'd just be even like that.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1357795472' post='6117033']
Eh, people always go on about light and darkness being two sides of the same coin and how one can't exist without the other, don't they? I was thinking they'd just be even like that.
[/quote]So it would be a bizarro ghost.

Ideas:

Light Attacking:
Ineffective against Dark (x0)
Then Light would be super effective against Light (x2)
Not very effective against Steel (x0.5)
Ineffective against Psychic because Gen I (x0)
Super effective against Ghost. (x2)

Against:
Dark is ineffective against Light. (x0)
Fight is ineffective against Light. (x0)
Light is super effective against Light (x2)
Bug and Poison are not very effective against Light. (x0.5)
Psychic is Super Effective against Light (x2)

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1357797325' post='6117051']
I would think that if Light became a type then it would be Super Effective against Steel think lasers. I also think it would Super effective against Dark. Fighting would also be super Effective against Light
[/quote]Nono. I think it's better to think of it as a pseudo Ghost type like Armz suggested Dark is to Normal.

I respect your opinion Agro. I just don't think the game needs another Pseudo Type. At all. I already call Psychic Ghost and Dark the Necromancers. Normal also seems to have the Light thing covered IMO due things like Arceus Judgment Hyper Beam Swords Dance etc. I like the idea of light types as the Laser Pokemon. Inb4lightsabers

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1357798600' post='6117059']
I respect your opinion Agro. I just don't think the game needs another Pseudo Type. At all. I already call Psychic Ghost and Dark the Necromancers. Normal also seems to have the Light thing covered IMO due things like Arceus Judgment Hyper Beam Swords Dance etc. I like the idea of light types as the Laser Pokemon. Inb4lightsabers
[/quote]Arceus would be Light. Judgment and Hyper Beam could be Light.

It's a bizarro design, but it's one that fills a niche that we don't legitimately have.

But Light also opens up the possibility of Chaos.
And we don't need Chaos Dragons in Pokemon too. It fills a niche very nicely true but it seems a bit unneeded. They have plenty of other things to focus on like evolution, balancing and new moves etc etc. It'd be cool yes but a bit cliche

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1357800669' post='6117074']
But Light also opens up the possibility of Chaos.
And we don't need Chaos Dragons in Pokemon too. It fills a niche very nicely true but it seems a bit unneeded. They have plenty of other things to focus on like evolution, balancing and new moves etc etc. It'd be cool yes but a bit cliche
[/quote]True. And there is also the issue that Light and Dark under my idea has no weaknesses unless I were to make Dark super effective to Light and Light super effective to Dark.

The type [i]Dark[/i] doesn't correspond to the traditional views of 'Light vs Darkness'. In Pokemon, the Dark type should actually be read as [i]'evil'[/i] and not shadows-blackiness-darkness, therefore if they ever introduce a Light type, it shouldn't be related to Dark at all. Personally, I'd rather they keep that cliche Light type out of my beloved games. They're doing well enough as it is.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1357794646' post='6117009']
I think Light is like the only one they could add that's left.

I mean like seriously. They could make a glowing ball of light a pokemon and they still would make it some other type just to spite us.
[/quote]
I still say Sound has every reason to exist. A number of Pokemon that can be retconned or evolve into sound-types, the sound based moves wouldn't exactly be hurting from it, especially Metal Sound and Soundproof is pretty dumb right now.
It should also be powerful and weak against Normal because that would be funny. And strong against fighting.

That and it's not unknown for the them to adjust Pokemon for a new type like Magnemite. Thing is they haven't added a new type since Gen II when they added Dark (which Bite was moved to) and Steel.

Oh well off to look for a used 3Ds today.

Archived