Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Tentacruel

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1357742909' post='6116160']
Oi.

Heh, I just thought of something.

Yveltal is a y-vern.

[img]http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw2219-c36.gif[/img]
[/quote]Yeah but X is a... buck or something, I ain't really sure, I still can't see the X and I have looked, I suppose when there's a better shot at it it will be easier.
[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1357743018' post='6116162']
I wonder what new change gen 6 will bring...

Gen II brought us the special stat split split.

Gen III brought us abilities

Gen IV brought us the phsyical/special split.

Gen V brought us dream world abilities.

What will gen 6 bring?
[/quote]Don't forget double battles and triple battles. I hope they stop adding more battles, it's getting ridiculous. But yeah, I wonder what new element they are going to put in besides it being 3D. I mean Diamond also had those underground duel screen minigames.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='-Berserker-' timestamp='1357743778' post='6116175']
Yeah, I expected the legendaries to have names starting with X and Y. Now when the full list of the generation is revealed, we'll see if there's a legendary starting with Z. If there is, then we can expect the next game to be called Pokemon Z and it will be the mascot.
[/quote]if so, it will join forces with Yu-Gi-Oh for a crossover. That would be fun, but it will never happen.

[quote name='BehindTheMask' timestamp='1357744013' post='6116178']
X and Y are coordinates on the XYZ plane. Aka 3 dimensions to move around in...on the 3DS....
[/quote]
*clap clap*
We figured that out ages ago, meaning yesterday, but still it's probably not that since the Japanese logo has DNA strings in it. Though I still love how the first thing I thought when I saw the name was chromosomes, even though I had never seen the Japanese logo, I'm surprised that I was somewhat right.

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1357742651' post='6116155']
I can't really find any reason behind those names, unless it's some biology crap.
[/quote]
[quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1357743340' post='6116168']
I can't find a reason either.
[/quote]In all likelihood, they mean something more in Japanese, like how shiro in Reshiram's name meant white and kuro in Zekrom's name ment black. Along with that, the previously stated wyvern may be right and there's an animal called Xerxes Blue, which is a butterfly (okay, not as helpful). I'm sure there'll be something on the bulbapedia page when it's up.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1357743463' post='6116170']
Useful to know i 'spose
[/quote]Someone's been on Serebii.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1357744654' post='6116184']
If the region is based on France, i'd like to see some locations with beaches(for the French Riviera) or vineyards.

Also a Wine bottle pokemon b/c stereotypes.
[/quote]In all likelihood, we're not going to see it. Like Unova, my expectations are that the region will be based on Paris alone.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1357739256' post='6116129']
[b]EDIT:[/b] A few friends of mine were thinking before the simulcast that it would be revealing new Eeveelutions, since that seems to happen now every even generation. Obviously that didn't happen, but do you think Gen VI will add to the family?
[/quote]

This was posted on Pokememes a little while ago.
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2sb1vo2.png[/IMG]
Seems legit?

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357750148' post='6116283']
The helix in the logo also seems to lend credence to the idea of a new Eevee.
[/quote]more to the fact that it's called X and Y, which are as stated for the 13th time are chromosomes. Though that is true too.

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1357750419' post='6116287']
more to the fact that it's called X and Y, which are as stated for the 13th time are chromosomes. Though that is true too.
[/quote]
Psst. I'm one of the ones that's been saying that about X and Y ._.

Besides, it could also be a double reference to both a plan and Chromosomes, due to the land based X and air based Y, but Chromosomes seem to take precedence.

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357750494' post='6116288']
Psst. I'm one of the ones that's been saying that about X and Y ._.

Besides, it could also be a double reference to both a plan and Chromosomes, due to the land based X and air based Y, but Chromosomes seem to take precedence.
[/quote]I doubt their main focus is a new Eeeveelution for their reason to use X and Y, since all other games, besides B/W has had one, and as I already said it was probably planned, but since that game focused on not having any other Pokémon than the new ones (which I actually liked the idea of, that way you could learn about more of those instead of just taking your usual) it was probably not their intend to leave it out like that.

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1357750703' post='6116289']
I doubt their main focus is a new Eeeveelution for their reason to use X and Y, since all other games, besides B/W has had one, and as I already said it was probably planned, but since that game focused on not having any other Pokémon than the new ones (which I actually liked the idea of, that way you could learn about more of those instead of just taking your usual) it was probably not their intend to leave it out like that.
[/quote]
... I never said the main focus was Eevee, and I don't know how you construed I did. I said the fact that it has a chromosome basis means a new Eeveelution is more likely.

Gen III ALSO did not have Eeveelutions, so learn how things atually work before you say "facts" that aren't true.

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357750824' post='6116290']
... I never said the main focus was Eevee, and I don't know how you construed I did. I said the fact that it has a chromosome basis means a new Eeveelution is more likely.

Gen III ALSO did not have Eeveelutions, so learn how things atually work before you say "facts" that aren't true.
[/quote]oh it didn't? I was sure it was the one with Ice, though that might have been 4. But I can explain that too. As I remember it Hoenn was suppose to be a "far out land". So was Gen 5 wasn't it? Maybe that's their reason for it. I dunno.

and I'm not saying that you said it, I was just, how do you say, talking out loud that it's probably not Game Freaks idea. Though who knows at this point.

Xerneas is such a majestic name. I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for names that end in -eas or -ias.

I love how there's so many people who keep telling others that the X and Y are for the chromosomes as if it was fact while there have been no official statement. Or has there?

[quote name='Aesirson' timestamp='1357753864' post='6116319']
Xerneas is such a majestic name. I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for names that end in -eas or -ias.

I love how there's so many people who keep telling others that the X and Y are for the chromosomes as if it was fact while there have been no official statement. Or has there?
[/quote]no statement, but check the Japanese logo (someone posted it a few pages back) there's clearly DNA strings there.

Archived