Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Tentacruel

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357750494' post='6116288']
Psst. I'm one of the ones that's been saying that about X and Y ._.
Besides, it could also be a double reference to both a plan and Chromosomes, due to the land based X and air based Y, but Chromosomes seem to take precedence.
[/quote]

Finally, someone who's actually open to the idea of it referencing both.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1357753137' post='6116310']
So I was the correct one. I checked back at my previous suggestion and it fit pretty closely.
The etymology of Xerneas comes from X and Cernunnos, a Celtic deer god.
OHOHOHOH...probably.
[/quote]

Good call, although I'm still hoping my theory that he's the leader of the Musketeers ends up being true.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1357754394' post='6116323']
Finally, someone who's actually open to the idea of it referencing both.
[/quote]
Hey, I'm also open for it, mostly because of what Pheonix said in a status update about it being possible to do with the whole 3D thing.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1357720187' post='6116034']
Aside from Yosuke and Agro, nobody else is Grass.
Aside from Me and Kakashi, nobody else is Water.
Everyone else is Fire.

Methinks this is Snivy all over again xD
[/quote]
I like water well enough and grass is growing on me. I just haven't started with fire in a while and I miss it.
[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1357739256' post='6116129']
[b]EDIT:[/b] A few friends of mine were thinking before the simulcast that it would be revealing new Eeveelutions, since that seems to happen now every even generation. Obviously that didn't happen, but do you think Gen VI will add to the family?
[/quote]
Ever even generation adds new evolutions so its very likely that Eevee will be one of many to get new evolutions.

[quote name='Wizarus' timestamp='1357743280' post='6116165']
Hopefully they'll fix Scald, because it's a horrible move and should be nerfed.
[/quote]
Scald is perfectly fine.

But on that note, I'm interested in seeing the new competitive toys we end up getting. I didn't play much during the 5th gen but it still really interests me to know what new moves and abilities we'll get. They can also buff some of the old moves.

I'm kinda hoping for a steel type Eeveelution, since I thought about it, and a Dragon type seems a little awkward. There is also the possibility of them making a new type like gen 2 did, and this would further support the chromosome idea in my opinion .3. But yeah, a steel type seems most likely to me.

Also, anyone else at all curios to what the two new legendaries' story contribution is?

Gen 3's Groudon and Kyogre created the earth and sea

Gen 4's Dialga and Palkia created time and space

Gen 5's Reshiram and Zekrom made the Unova region and were legendary heroes or something like that.

Not sure what Gen 2's did, but you see what I'm saying?

[quote name='Yosuke-kun' timestamp='1357766830' post='6116481']
I'm kinda hoping for a steel type Eeveelution, since I thought about it, and a Dragon type seems a little awkward. There is also the possibility of them making a new type like gen 2 did, and this would further support the chromosome idea in my opinion .3. But yeah, a steel type seems most likely to me.

Also, anyone else at all curios to what the two new legendaries' story contribution is?

Gen 3's Groudon and Kyogre created the earth and sea

Gen 4's Dialga and Palkia created time and space

Gen 5's Reshiram and Zekrom made the Unova region and were legendary heroes or something like that.

Not sure what Gen 2's did, but you see what I'm saying?
[/quote]
I think Gen 2 had Ho-Oh which was a symbol of that one city and came to it and stuff. then suicune was like a Water God, and like Raikou is like thunder god, and I don't know about Entei, but like god of all gods? For Celebi, well that was a time traveller, and Lugia, I dunno really.

EDIT: Seems like Ho-Oh and Lugia are opposites, one guardian of the sky and one gaurdian of the sea, take your pick which is which.

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1357767219' post='6116489']
I think Gen 2 had Ho-Oh which was a symbol of that one city and came to it and stuff. then suicune was like a Water God, and like Raikou is like thunder god, and I don't know about Entei, but like god of all gods? For Celebi, well that was a time traveller, and Lugia, I dunno really.
[/quote]
... then why are you posting if you don't know?

Ho-oh is based off two sources. The Ho-o/Fenghuand and the Huma Bird. The former is obvious, the latter is, I believe, Persian. It never stops flying and burns to nothing while flying, then revives, and revives anything its ashes touch as well. It's a more specific form of Phoenix.

Lugia is the Shinto god of the sea, Ryujin.

The three dogs are emperors of Water, Fire, and Lightning. Each have a specific way of spelling it, though they all mean the same.

Celebi is like a fairy, dryad, etc. that time travels and protects the forest.

[quote name='sicknastyKakashi' timestamp='1357767882' post='6116508']
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]You guys should stop posting so much over night-- I have no idea what's even being discussed now. xD[/font]
[/quote]

It's just that good of a game!

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1357783325' post='6116812']
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b013d9ade7658083b8c472e2a9c94827/tumblr_mgdb3g7oE51qflbuvo1_1280.jpg[/img]

Another idea that is floating around~ (could be another meaning, since it sort of goes with the DNA in the japanese logo)
[/quote]

So Swalot will be turned into a legendary now?

Archived