March 2013 Format Discussion Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="Blaster Black" post="6140757" timestamp="1360467595"]Also, Mermails will not be hit beyond a slap on the wrist. Somethign like Squall/Diva/Undine @2, if that. They have not yet finished their product cycle and are still a source of money for Konami.[/quote] Agreed. Especially because they'll be getting support in both of the next 2 packs. We might see a hit after LTGY comes out.

Edit: why is stone @2?

At 3, it can be looped indefinitely. Same reason Night Assailant and Transmigration are at 1. Excavation at least has a cost that mitigates its recyclability which is why it's at 2 instead of 1.

Also, Mermails will not be hit beyond a slap on the wrist. Somethign like Squall/Diva/Undine @2, if that. They have not yet finished their product cycle and are still a source of money for Konami.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but apparently Tewart has explicitly said exactly that. I'm pretty sure you meant Sphere instead of Squall though.

At 3, it can be looped indefinitely. Same reason Night Assailant and Transmigration are at 1. Excavation at least has a cost that mitigates its recyclability which is why it's at 2 instead of 1.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but apparently Tewart has explicitly said exactly that. I'm pretty sure you meant Sphere instead of Squall though.

Yeah, meant Sphere. Don't know how I said squall...

But even if Tewart hadn't said it, they're still getting support, and their total TCG life is still short for all the support, so it's extremely unlikely they'd receive any harder hit than something trivial/not AS important to 2.

Just thought I'd post my list.

Banned

- Monster Reborn
- Stratos
- Card Destruction
- Gateway of the Six
- BLS

Limited

- MST
- Wind-Up Magician
- Wind-Up Factory
- Atlantean Dragoons
- One Day of Peace
- Fire Formation Tenki

Semi-Limited

- Reckless Greed
- Lonefire Blossom
- Blackwing Gale
- Deep Sea Diva
- Tsukuyomi

Unlimited

- Spore
- Magical Stone Excavation

lonefire is not going to 2 thats really stupid. its far too consistent at 2. and spore to 3? even if konami werent afraid of moving things more than one position up (and they are. look at tsukuyomi) spore at 3 is even stupider.

you and i have already had a discussion on why mst is likely not going anywhere already and i dont feel like rehashing that.

dragoons isnt going anywhere to promote mermails some more. one day of peace and card destruction are stupid cards but not very problematic. mind augus will hopefully be hit and aquamirror possibly along with it if konami is smart. tenki would be at 4 if konami could do it. all of their big upcoming imports use it so theyre gonna want to keep it as high up as they possibly can.

Hey I made a better, more plausible list.

Banned

- Card Destruction
- Pot of Avarice
- Ultimate Offering

Limited

- Evigishki Mind Augus
- Wind-Up Magician
- Wind-Up Factory
- Genex Undine
- One Day of Peace
- Machina Gearframe / Geargiarmor

Semi-Limited

- Fire Formation Tenki
- Dark World Snoww/Grapha
- Reckless Greed
- Deep Sea Diva

Unlimited

- Spore

It is a topic of major interest. If Undine is limited, the entire engir (which is broken btw) dies meaning the deck now as 5 new spots it needs to work with which could be filled with more Mermail Cards.

Or they could hit dragoons, which would also destroy the engine in addition to putting a leash on their godly consistency.  I wouldn't devote 5 spaces to an engine in which if I draw a single card, I lose.

Hey I made a better, more plausible list.

Banned

- Card Destruction
- Pot of Avarice
- Ultimate Offering

Limited

- Evigishki Mind Augus
- Wind-Up Magician
- Wind-Up Factory
- Genex Undine
- One Day of Peace
- Machina Gearframe / Geargiarmor

Semi-Limited

- Fire Formation Tenki
- Dark World Snoww/Grapha
- Reckless Greed
- Deep Sea Diva

Unlimited

- Spore

not really. one day of peace isnt a card that....does anything. its only problematic uses are in mind augus deckout (which hitting mind augus would stop) and in stall/burn/alt win which should themselves not be allowed and dont rely on one day of peace any more than other draw cards.

tenki is absolutely not being hit. 3 (thats one, then another one, and then another other one) archetypes about to hit the tcg heavily use tenki. those are all big ca$h incentives to keep tenki at 3 and give those groups a chance to show off before they hit it.

undine is stupid and not even necessary to merlanteans as a whole. its just an easy way to thin the deck and use an atlantean, which they can do in other ways. diva is also not a problem like what? what???

dragoons is the BEST hit to them as a whole but i dont think thats whats gonna happen. theres still a lot of water support coming out that they will benefit from so killing the deck beforehand is bad business. most likely is a weak hit to slow them down a bit but keep them competitive so they can sell packs still. probably linde and/or sphere to 2.

as for machina, theyre not likely to recieve a huge hit since theyre doing well, but not too well. gigant is probably my best guess for them.

snoww will be hit over grapha. consistency hits are preferred over boss hits. bosses only get hit when theyre either consistency providers themselves or just stupidly obnoxious and powerful.

Archived