March 2013 Format Discussion Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes sense.

Konami's pushing three things right now in regards to Merlanteans: Mermail.dek, Atlantean.dek, and Merlantean.dek

They don't want Undine and/or Diva having a ton of influence on the deck, because they want those three decks to be the things.

Also, the majority of DGz wants Undine to 1. Others want Undine and Diva to be hit.

Dragoons is an obvious hit card, but isn't on the block, at least not to lower than 2.

List has already been debunked by 2-3 members of The Organization.

To quote Kahu's views on Satoshi's (the trustworthy guy) reveals:

Satoshi gets his info from 2ch. We're aware of the 2ch post in question where that came from. As far as I'm concerned, it's fake. I'm digging through 2ch, and the oldies seem to be going "Dude what happened to all the high-quality troll posts that used to pop up during banlist season?" right now.

To elaborate, some idiot on 2ch(2channel) posted a list saying that a pic showed up on 2chan(Futaba channel), with a supposedly copypasta'd post. There are two things wrong with said post. One, is that the post count is like 50 times higher than what the highest post count on one of the most popular boards on the site. Another, is that there's a specific string of text that's supposed to be there if it's a futaba post, which isn't in the "copypasta".

Satoshi's only likely to be right if he spills Snake's info.

I know Inzektors were a problem and they still kind of are, but by banning Hornet, what the hell would you do with Inzektors? Swarm XYZ? A bunch of other decks already do that better. The fact is that Inzektors are already pretty much dead and without Hornet, any chance they have of seeing play is gone. The only decks that actually deserve complete death are Exodia and Countdown because they're damn near impossible to stop. Inzektors are not strong enough to warrant complete death.

I know Inzektors were a problem and they still kind of are, but by banning Hornet, what the hell would you do with Inzektors? Swarm XYZ? A bunch of other decks already do that better. The fact is that Inzektors are already pretty much dead and without Hornet, any chance they have of seeing play is gone. The only decks that actually deserve complete death are Exodia and Countdown because they're damn near impossible to stop. Inzektors are not strong enough to warrant complete death.

Hornet doesn't deserve existence. You cannot defend slippery slope cards, because they promote for one player to just keep winning.

It doesn't matter if Inzektors need Hornet. It doesn't matter if Gishkis need Aquamirror. It doesn't matter if Wind-Ups need Magician @2+ (not that they absolutely do). It matter that they are a negative influence on the game state and deserve to die.

You cannot hold bias when doing banlists.

Hornet doesn't deserve existence. You cannot defend slippery slope cards, because they promote for one player to just keep winning.

It doesn't matter if Inzektors need Hornet. It doesn't matter if Gishkis need Aquamirror. It doesn't matter if Wind-Ups need Magician @2+ (not that they absolutely do). It matter that they are a negative influence on the game state and deserve to die.

You cannot hold bias when doing banlists.

To my understanding, the purpose of the banlist is to regulate the competitive metagame. Hornet is a broken card, yes, but now Inzektors are basically dead and they no longer have any real effect on the meta. As such, there is no real reason for them to get straight up butchered. But that's just my reasoning behind keeping Hornet at 1.

To my understanding, the purpose of the banlist is to regulate the competitive metagame. Hornet is a broken card, yes, but now Inzektors are basically dead and they no longer have any real effect on the meta. As such, there is no real reason for them to get straight up butchered. But that's just my reasoning behind keeping Hornet at 1.

There's this thing called Card Design. Hornet is godawful design and deserves to die. It was an idealistic list, not a prediction.

If you bring D-Fly up and kill Hornet, the deck isn't butchered. It becomes Toolboxy, instead of pewpew OTK like it is now. You're thinking in black and white when this issue has all sorts of colors.

Just a few general points.

BLS - It's broken as heck, but are there a lot of decks that make it a problem? There's only 1 Tier deck that's Chaos, so I don't see that much of a problem. This is one of those instances that, though the card may be broken as heck, it's potentially good for the format. If you still wish to ban it however, up the number of Chaos Sorcerers to 2 at the very least.

Goyo hi-jinx and such: Was going to pick one up, but the price rose tenfold overnight. I'd laugh hysterically if he never actually materialized as a limited card.

That being said, I think that list may be correct. The source supposedly predicted the ban list exactly twice before. You never know, though. This is the internet, after all.

BLS - It's broken as heck, but are there a lot of decks that make it a problem? There's only 1 Tier deck that's Chaos, so I don't see that much of a problem. This is one of those instances that, though the card may be broken as heck, it's potentially good for the format. If you still wish to ban it however, up the number of Chaos Sorcerers to 2 at the very least.

qm.gifBias. Bias everywhere.

Archived