March 2013 Format Discussion Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MST to 1, Dust Tornado exists and does the exact same thing except it doesn't help with OTK's as well.

And if they really wanted to they can use Night Beam for OTK-centered decks (Hieratics, BubbleXyz, etc..)

thats stupid reasoning. if that was your concern youd call for heavy to be banned since if your opponent sets 4 mst cant do anything about that. and youd call for night beam to be banned too instead of advocating it be used instead. what do you think should be the s/t removal of choice? dt and what?

like a personal preference is one thing but at least dont talk about hitting mst to stop OTKs when every deck capable of easily OTKing has far far larger problems.

Forbidden:

Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning

Master Hyperion

Mind Control

Limited:

Grapha Dragon Lord of Dark World

Machina Fortress

Tour Guide Of The Underworld

Mermail Abyssmegalo

White Dragon Ninja

Blade Armor Ninja

Pot of Greed

Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier

Goyo Guardian

Metamorphosis

Ring Of Destruction

Super Polymerization

Semi-Limited:

Red Gadget

Green Gadget

Yellow Gadget

Mermail Abysslinde

Genex Ally Birdman

Pot of Avarice

Free:

Ojama Trio

A Lot of These Cards Make Meta-Decks Too Powerful and Unfair to Less Experienced Duelists Who Would Have Nearly NO CHANCE Against Them.

As For Downing the Limit On Some,

Pot of Greed is a Good Card To Make Weaker Decks More Powerful;

Goyo Isn't THAT Powerful;

Brionac Gives up Hand Advantage;

Metamorphosis Has Less Usage Than When It Was Banned, And Would Reintroduce EH Neo

Bubbleman Into Hero Decks; 

Ring of Destruction Hits Both Players, Yes There Are Cards That Prevent Effect Damage To

You, But Some Of Those Prevent Damage To Your Opponent As Well;

For Pot Of Avarice, I Personally Think Meta-Decks Try To Finish The Duel Before They Would Have Enough Cards In The Graveyard To Use More Than 1 a Duel

Ojama Trio Doesn't Seem the Limited Type, Plus Your Opponent Gets Three LV2 Synchro Materials.

8436128537_0498576993_m.jpg

Brio has a bazillion loops, promotes OTKs, and is generic and sacky. It can die forever. Goyo kills way too much way too easily. It can die forever too. Ring of Destruction is plain stupid and promotes OTKs. Pot of Avarice is actually called Pot of Greed. Pot of Greed is stupid and has no place in the game. I'd hit sphere over megalo, tbh. Why are you hitting ninjas?!?! Why are you hitting Birdman?!?! Why Hyperion to 0? He'd be fine at 2.

[quote name="☯AixDivadis☯" post="6134500" timestamp="1359775525"]I often set MST. If I have two in hand, I set 1.[/quote] But Claire is saying that its useless as a topdeck vs fire fists, which it is. Although disrupting the + stream that is Tenki will give you a good deal of advantage in a duel.

A Lot of These Cards Make Meta-Decks Too Powerful and Unfair to Less Experienced Duelists Who Would Have Nearly NO CHANCE Against Them.

You DO understand that that's the exact opposite of what's going on right now.

And that what you think the meta is is exactly what we'd want in a good format. Where experienced duelists, and assumedly BETTER duelist, always crush inexperienced duelists.

Archived