March 2013 Format Discussion Thread

Just a few general points.

BLS - It's broken as heck, but are there a lot of decks that make it a problem? There's only 1 Tier deck that's Chaos, so I don't see that much of a problem. This is one of those instances that, though the card may be broken as heck, it's potentially good for the format. If you still wish to ban it however, up the number of Chaos Sorcerers to 2 at the very least.

Goyo hi-jinx and such: Was going to pick one up, but the price rose tenfold overnight. I'd laugh hysterically if he never actually materialized as a limited card.

That being said, I think that list may be correct. The source supposedly predicted the ban list exactly twice before. You never know, though. This is the internet, after all.

I doubt it. Goyo is nuts. We won't know for at least another week. If they were to hit Spellbooks, I don't THINK they would hit High Priestess, I could be wrong though. Besides, it was proven fake.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I concede to Black. He's right about Hronet being a terrible design, but I still stand by keeping it at 1 mostly because there already good XYZ spam decks and that's what Inzektors would turn into without Hornet. Now on to the current topics of Goyo and BLS:

Goyo: I will laugh if it stays banned, which I'm pretty sure is gonna happen.

BLS: While I can see it get hit due to its own brokenness, I also kind of don't because Chaos isn't ruling the format.

BLS - Yeah, perhaps I'm biased, but I think that Rabbit should go to 1 before BLS is rebanned. I use it, but I've barely come across it. Could it be good for the format? I mean, if some highly-meta deck can run it, no. That's bad. If it helps weak decks by giving it a powerful advantage, then yeah. I'm for it. Either way, Sorcerer to 2 if BLS is rebanned.

BLS - Yeah, perhaps I'm biased, but I think that Rabbit should go to 1 before BLS is rebanned. I use it, but I've barely come across it. Could it be good for the format? I mean, if some highly-meta deck can run it, no. That's bad. If it helps weak decks by giving it a powerful advantage, then yeah. I'm for it. Either way, Sorcerer to 2 if BLS is rebanned.

Most decks can play it though. Also the fact that it's a topdeck-win card

I suppose. Veiler is pretty splashable, so there's for your LIGHT, and then there's Tour Guide. Doesn't make for a very consistent deck, however, if that's all you have to go on for getting BLS. I suppose it's consistent enough, though.

I played Inzektors with 3 Veiler and nothing else and it was really consistant. Yeah, BLS banned.

Problem with Luster is~
Your deck could be, what, Madols, right?(Or something else with with no LIGHT/DARKs in the Archetype) And you only run 1 Sangan, and only 1 Veiler to go with that.
Why? Because your other LIGHT/DARKs come from your Extra Deck. You honestly won't care if they get destroyed, as long as they hit the Graveyard.
So because your deck has 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK in the Main Deck, and potentially other LIGHT/DARKs that don't get Botomless/Prison/Compulsory/[form of removal that doesn't place them in Graveyard]/etc, you jump at the chance to run Luster.
Almost every time.

Which is why the card is so herpderp and/or idiotically designed in the first place; Takes, literally, no skill/effort to drop a sacky boss monster.

I have most brilliant idea.

yAh0nPi.png

It's fun because this is the second worst suggested list today. At least this one was a joke...

People do seem intent on seeing Goyo back... Just why? The argeuement that Xyz invaldate it is pointless, because who cares if you don't get an effect, you're still getting a beater from the attack, normally about 21-2300.

I'm hoping this list isn't to crazy... I could see one or two synchro related things coming up to help promote the supposed new Synchro's.

That being said, I think that list may be correct. The source supposedly predicted the ban list exactly twice before. You never know, though. This is the internet, after all.

What part of "proven fake" escaped you?

Yes, it came from a "reliable" source, but it was proven fake, and there's the fact that any of Satoshi's correct lists come from Snake/Psh, who presented none of these lists.

Prepare your salt, ladies and gentlemen.

[spoiler=Pic of potential list]

i0855169-1360913641.jpg

[/spoiler]

In no way confirmed or debunked yet, just waiting on that.

EDIT:

Banned:Ultimate Offering

limited: Verz Ophion, Wind-Up Magician
semi-Limited:Gladiator Beast Bestiari, Deep Sea Diva, Plaguespreader Zombie, Spellbook Magician of Prophecy, Monster Gate
No Longer Limited: Spore, Tsukuyomi, Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow 

Edit 2: Not CONFIRMED fake but... Why is the side after Page 3 so tiny, whereas before page 2 is huge?

Archived