RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm new to the club, and just wanted to say hey, and I have :P Also Aix, I checked out the Ooc, looks awesome. But now that the OoC is up, discussion of the topic will be in there only? Or are we free to discuss it here also?

I don't see why you couldn't, but it's probably more relevant to talk about it in there. If you have any sort of suggestions or ideas, feel free to voice them.

Alright guys, sorry for being so inactive, but I have a nice plot for you to go through. Tell me if you like it (or not), and maybe why, if that's not too much?

[spoiler=plot]

‘When the sun neglects its’ duty, the Darkness shall spread and the Dark Lord shall rise once more.’ High Counsellor Krazus, 294, First Era

It has been a thousand years since the Great War finished, the Dark Lord slain in glorious battle by the combined forces of the Vazkrovian Empire and the nomadic peoples of Ziona, led by High General Demar. The war devastated the entire world. Resources were scarce, and every family had a son or a daughter that never returned home. On the year 298, however, the Vazkrovian Mages’ Guild began working on a large-area rejuvenation spell, with the full support of the High Council. It was not completed for ten years, with many who worked on it drifting apart, only for more to take their places. When it was finally completed, it was cast on the lands which were controlled by the forces of light. Darkness receded, turning into a myth, secretly planning its’ revenge.

The First Era has finished, and many of the heroes of that age have passed, but they continue to be remembered for their service to the world and to its’ people. Darkness is spreading ever faster than before, with seemingly no leader to guide its’ path, destroying valleys and mountains alike with its’ foul taint. The few Mages left with much real power erected a lightning wall around what remained of Vazkrovia and Ziona, then retreated to their respective Guild Houses.

‘The Darkness corrupts. It taints. It destroys. All shall bear arms for our Supreme Lord.’ Ambassador of the Darkness to Vazkrovia, 24, Second Era

The Dark Lord has risen, more powerful than ever before. His armies stand ready to destroy and corrupt the world. All he waits for is a General. A person capable of unbelievable violence and tyranny, someone who never shows remorse for his or her actions. He needed a vessel to store his very soul, so that he fought with the strength of heroes old, and thought with the intelligence of the greatest strategists of the First Era.[/spoiler]

It's a WIP, but wanted to hear your thoughts on it nonetheless.

Good a plot as any for a fantasy, I suppose. It's not particularly new or outstanding in any particular way, but it's fine. Are you intending to have a player play the role of the General? Because if that's the case, I don't see how they would interact as much. The other idea is to have the party arrive to confront the evil one in his lair and then one of them become the General or something like that.

I'm still working it out here, but the idea I had was that the Darkness would corrupt each of the participants but one more than the others, which I would choose. This participant would continue to RP like the others, but when the final battle comes they are revealed and the battle commences. Would this be a good idea?

◊ Hᵃᵏᵃˢᵉ ◊
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy, War, Sci-Fi, Anime-Based. Honestly, I'm into most everything as long as it flows and people are proficient in their actions and performance. I like to feel like I'm reading an actual story as I scroll through each post.

Preferred Character Type: My typical character is adjusted based off the story line. Who is currently enrolled in the RP? What is the basis of the story? How many people are already listed as these type of people? I am not one to settle down on just one character type. I enjoy being the arrogant, saucy type. Other times, I enjoy being the kind, heart-warming type. It varies based off where the story begins, my emotion at the time, the creativity which flows through my fingertips. I am not set to one character type.

Skills: I'm exceptionally gifted in matters of grammar and spelling. I also have some type of activity that seems to work in my brain; No matter how bad someone's grammar may be, I can find a way to figure out what they're saying. I feel this may spring from having so many friends in the ESL Program. I help them rewrite their rough drafts in order to receive a better grade on their final draft. I am quite the kind soul. Haha. No, but in all seriousness, I enjoy RPing. I have been RPing for years. I find that it is a wonderful outlet for emotion and to enrich your writing skills. The community who writes stories, the people who perform in the RPs. I cannot deny that I have flaws, as everybody does, but I can promise that I will be willing to participate in RPs actively, and exceed expectations for the sake of a more progressive and enticing story. (:

• 2 weeks later...

CrystalKing

Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy is my favorite, but I also like most others if they flow well and have a good story.

Preferred Character Type: I usually play as the powerful mage-knight that seeks for knowledge no matter the difficulty of obtaining it. Either that or i'll be the one to stab anyone's neck I feel like just to take their gold (yes, I could just pickpocket, but where's the fun in that?) I usually make both types in every thing I play/write.

Skills: I have many RPG's under my belt and a lot of experience in coming up with stuff on the fly. I can pretty much form a story's plot in under an hour, and make character's personalities the next. And i'm a decent writer so, I always try to check for errors in spelling and grammar.

CrystalKing

Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy is my favorite, but I also like most others if they flow well and have a good story.
Preferred Character Type: I usually play as the powerful mage-knight that seeks for knowledge no matter the difficulty of obtaining it. Either that or i'll be the one to stab anyone's neck I feel like just to take their gold (yes, I could just pickpocket, but where's the fun in that?) I usually make both types in every thing I play/write.
Skills: I have many RPG's under my belt and a lot of experience in coming up with stuff on the fly. I can pretty much form a story's plot in under an hour, and make character's personalities the next. And i'm a decent writer so, I always try to check for errors in spelling and grammar.

So do you have any RP ideas you'd like to share or anything?

At any rate. This club has done NOTHING! With 35 members (albeit many are unactive) we are probably the biggest club on the site and we've done NOTHING!

Just an idea, we could create a setting and start making RPs off of that? Support? If a few of you do, I'll do a mass PM to get this started because most members don't actually follow this page.

I like the vampire boarding school idea. And the idea of an RP about what this club is like is funny, sounds kinda like the Dick Van Dyke show.

Oh the thing in my sig is an ongoing RP, it's no longer accepting though.

But, what I meant is for this club to create a general setting to RP in. A good point to start and to get our imagination going.

I know how to play second edition, tho I've gotten into playing the most recent edition.

And while a single general setting to host multiple RPs is a good idea, it also stifles people's creativity because they don't get to create new characters for new settings and meet new NPCs from the new setting.

I know how to play second edition, tho I've gotten into playing the most recent edition.

And while a single general setting to host multiple RPs is a good idea, it also stifles people's creativity because they don't get to create new characters for new settings and meet new NPCs from the new setting.

If we create a world, you're free to move to a new area or even to a different era, it's just that there's also that sense of familiarity from being able to possibly visit an old location. Not everything has to be decided right from the start.

Infinite*Rainbow
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: High Fantasy/Low Fantasy genre, but I also like Urban Fantasy genre, albeit not as much.
Preferred Character Type: Ignorant, happy go lucky casual character, a jack of all, master of none. Or a scammer. 
Skills: Aaah, I'm still really new at this business, but I might be able to help formulating ideas for setting.

I still need to learn many things about roleplaying, and I guess this is a good place for it.

Archived