Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

Corrin's pretty cool to play. Plays like a lite ZSS, which I can appreciate. The Tippers on the Side B, SIde Smash, and Back Down Smash are all stupid powerful, too. Side B in general is REALLY powerful If you can stick it into the ground. Also, his forward air and Neutral air are REALLY good too.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try out Corrin someday. For now it's nonstop Bayonetta.

from what i've seen, and been hit by, corrin's counter is insane. it hits harder than any other counter with a wider range, and kills under fifty (killed ganon at 58 in training) if it catches a smash or sweetspot.

Yea, I honestly was kind of surprised at how high Cloud was on the tier list. He isn't bad, but his recovery is seriously bad.

Anyway, decided to downloaded the DLC before going to bed. I'm still sad the Fates Main Theme isn't in Japanese, but the english version is good. I just REALLY love the Japanese version.

Oh, i'm now laughing at thinking at everyone in the comments of the Bayo moveset video that said: "OMG!!!1!!11! Bayonetta will be super op, the end of smash !11!!!111!!1" And it actually turns out that the op one is Corrin. Might download him sometime in the future, right now i'm downloading Bayo.

But, if his counter is more broken than Shulk's one then, there's a problem.

It's not more broken that shulk's.  It's just since it launches you upwards and has such massive range, if you do anything not true in the air then all he has to do is spam Down B in the air to Combo Breaker you and kill you at like 60.

So it's stupider than Shulk's, but definitely isn't more broken.  You can take comfort in the fact that it doesn't last 36 frames.

Also what's this about Corrin's playstyle being dumb?  That is just pure salt or disinterest talking.  Corrin has exactly 3 moves that can be considered "lagless" to the point of "nearly impossible to punish," those 3 being Fair, Nair, and D-tilt.  Up-Air could be considered one, but it's hitbox doesn't start til the apex of the arc, making falling Up Airs completely useless.

That's like every character in this game I hate to tell you.  Like no seriously that's practically every single non-projectile oriented character.

Not only that, she doesn't have throw combos.  She doesn't even have throw setups like Cloud does out of his D-Throw.  Her D-Throw kills at about 150, like Marth's up throw.  That's about it.  So the frame data is pretty justified TBH.  Her projectile is slow and laggy, and if you don't release the button the right way, the bite will trigger to add even MORE lag and make any sort of follow up impossible.

Her spike is practically useless

Her recovery is pretty garbage and linear, but not so much as Roy's.

The only really major pluses Corrin has is the speed of her combo tools (that don't even combo at high percent BTW), a semi-decent projectile when used correctly, a really powerful counter that honestly should just be weaker in the air (on the ground i have no issues with it, but the vertical launch makes Aerial Counters one of the most garbage things in this game.  Cutting the Knockback in half while airborne would completely balance out the cheese), ROB's back air, and a Forward smash with so much range that it's difficult to space, and anywhere that isn't the Tip or the Base of the move has less than mediocre power for how slow it is.

Character is not boring or broken.  She is actually very difficult to be successful with as she has no mediocre options.  Everything is either very fast or very laggy, so you have to always choose the right option for the right situation, you you are gonna get destroyed against anyone competent.

I don't think Corrin is...Broken, per se, but he's definitely Powerful. Like I said, ZSS Lite. (I will be referring to Corrin as a Male for the purposes of this, just for ease of reading. I know they would be better, but...whatever right now.)

Now, here's some combo/Whatever ideas with them because I like them.

DTilt > UTilt > UAir/Up B is pretty good and reliable in early percents. Down Tilt in general is pretty good, since it acts like DK's Jab where it drags the opponent to him, but only early on. DTIlt > Up B is an alternate option that lasts much longer, until like...40-ish% until it's unreliable.

Back Throw -> SIde B is also okay if the opponent doesn't jump away Usually hits with the tip until 20-ish%.

Up Throw kills at 160% or so if you REALL need a Kill option...

Forward Smash is pretty good ad Edge Guarding. Only thing they can do is fall, or back off, since Roll gets hit by chainsaw sword, Neutral Get up is stopped by Unleashing it, and Jump Can be covered by releasing it upwards if you're fast enough. Also to note with THis, as well as Side B, if that they eat projectiles. Pretty much anything is stopped by them.

Neutral B is one of your best Kill moves if you can get one off in close range. at about 110%, Fully Charged second part kills Mario on Final Destination. If you can, it even works on a instantly released First Part, and if it hits, charge the second part.

Down B has a Tipper on the Back. Just...interesting. Kills okay.

Honestly Corrin feels like a control/spacing character, kinda like Marth. Has absolutely no combos that I can find, which is a bit of a shame. Forward Air and Neutral Air are really good, but only Forward Air doesn't have lag on a short hop. Side B is also very powerful, but...tricky to use. Honestly throwing it onto the ground is one of your best choices, since you have some really good options with it stuck in the ground. Just watch out for Projectiles and Aerials. And flinging yourself off the edge.

Also his counter always does 10% and I feel it does very similar knockback no matter what. I can see why people don't like it, but I don't think it'll be too huge in the grand scheme. Just have to adapt to it.

>Corin has a very large Counter

Oh man, it's Shulk all over again....

But the rest of shulk is very difficult to utilize. Shulk is laggy af and, although his manado arts are strong, it takes a while to get familiar and utilize them. That, and he's gimicky as hell, and his counter fires sideways/ diagonal, not straight up. 

I am TRASH with Bayo. Feels like she is one of my worse characters. I just have no idea how to string her attacks together.

I'm enjoying dragon waifu though.

I'm enjoying both to be honest.

It took me a while to get the hang of Bayo since I couldn't for the life of me remember how to make her shoot and what not- basically had no idea how she functioned.

Playing against a Lvl 9 CPU Bayo until I won was a good way to learn . . .

I managed to pick up Corrin easily enough, though I still have difficulty landing her Side B.

I think so far my best win with those two have been:

Corrin- last stock for each of us and dodges my Neutral B . . . . right into fully charged jaws of death.

Bayo- played against a very good Kirby player who knew what he/she was doing. Eventually managed to slow-mo him/her into a Charged Smash. NOTHING is more satisfying that seeing the KO sparks as they fly off slowly before speeding back up like, "Ooooo~hhhh shiiiiii~IT!!!"

Archived