Pokemon XY&Z

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once XY ends (specials and main series), I'll be the one to close this thread. 

But yeah, Ash releases two Pokemon and Xerosic gets arrested. I'm not exactly thrilled about Greninja being released, but the episode title should've been an indicator (we already knew about Goodra to an extent). 

----

As we slowly say farewell to XY, now we have to get prepared for the next series. AmourShipping ends next week (rip the pairing that had the best chance of working) and one of the best seasons Ash has had over the past two decades. 

I feel like this won't be the last we see of Ash-Greninja. The thing is stupid popular in Japan from what I've gathered. And, tbqh, him leaving it in Kalos to help restore the energy or w/e was the thing Zygarde wanted from it isn't that much different from him just leaving it at Oak's Lab when he is off in other regions.

Can't believe next week is the last episode. It was a really good run and I'm sad its over. Though, it won't be "over" until the last bit of subs come out.

Speaking of, I've fallen really behind on them. Still haven't watched the final battle for the league. Based on comment from earlier in the thread it looks like I haven't watched the subs in 2 months. Guess watching the raws made me less eager to watch them, but I really need to get around to it. Though it looks like almost a month passed without any subs, so that didn't help.

Once XY ends (specials and main series), I'll be the one to close this thread. 

But yeah, Ash releases two Pokemon and Xerosic gets arrested. I'm not exactly thrilled about Greninja being released, but the episode title should've been an indicator (we already knew about Goodra to an extent). 

----

As we slowly say farewell to XY, now we have to get prepared for the next series. AmourShipping ends next week (rip the pairing that had the best chance of working) and one of the best seasons Ash has had over the past two decades. 

Thanks. It was a great ride.

I feel like this won't be the last we see of Ash-Greninja. The thing is stupid popular in Japan from what I've gathered. And, tbqh, him leaving it in Kalos to help restore the energy or w/e was the thing Zygarde wanted from it isn't that much different from him just leaving it at Oak's Lab when he is off in other regions.

Can't believe next week is the last episode. It was a really good run and I'm sad its over. Though, it won't be "over" until the last bit of subs come out.

Speaking of, I've fallen really behind on them. Still haven't watched the final battle for the league. Based on comment from earlier in the thread it looks like I haven't watched the subs in 2 months. Guess watching the raws made me less eager to watch them, but I really need to get around to it. Though it looks like almost a month passed without any subs, so that didn't help.

Well the finale of the Kalos League dubbed will be in 2 weeks, then the Flare arc, then leftovers. The Dub of Sun and Moon shall be in February. Speaking of, Ash should be at least 11 by now. According to the demo, you need to be 11 in order to partake in the trials.

Watched le episode live

[spoiler=Thoughts on XY140]

- So Team Rocket sent Giovanni an edited version of what happened in the Team Flare conflict to make him believe that they defeated Team Flare alone

- Regarding Amourshipping, from what I was able to gather (cuz RAW) Serena confessed her feelings, and when it looked like she was gonna kiss Ash, the down escalator she was on (yes she did run up it) started taking her down again. Though people believed the kiss happened, I believe the writers wanted to leave it ambiguous, thus the "kiss" not being shown onscreen, though it's also believed given the nature of the show, they didn't want to show it, but imply it did to please the shippers.

- People on YT compared Dedenne to the fanbase when it ran away.

- The episode ended with Ash in Pallet Town at night, entering his house

- Oh, and the episode did NOT end with Next time a new beginning" (like previous series), instead "And to each our own way" in stylised writing was displayed instead

Next week is the special with Alexa/Sycamore and we finally see Yveltal in the main series.

Watched le episode live

[spoiler=Thoughts on XY140]

- So Team Rocket sent Giovanni an edited version of what happened in the Team Flare conflict to make him believe that they defeated Team Flare alone

- Regarding Amourshipping, from what I was able to gather (cuz RAW) Serena confessed her feelings, and when it looked like she was gonna kiss Ash, the down escalator she was on (yes she did run up it) started taking her down again

- People on YT compared Dedenne to the fanbase when it ran away.

- The episode ended with Ash in Pallet Town at night, entering his house

- Oh, and the episode did NOT end with Next time a new beginning" (like previous series), instead "And to each our own way" in stylised writing was displayed instead

Next week is the special with Alexa/Sycamore and we finally see Yveltal in the main series.

Aren't you supposed to put "Bump" before you put in another post after your last one?

[spoiler reaction]

I'm surprised there wasn't a "Welcome Home" party for Ash and his mom was there and Brock and Misty, and Dawn and May and Iris and Cilan.

Well, the new special is the only one left. After that, a one week break and then Sun and Moon.

Aren't you supposed to put "Bump" before you put in another post after your last one?

Not necessarily, I don't have to put the word "bump".

[spoiler reaction]

I'm surprised there wasn't a "Welcome Home" party for Ash and his mum was there and Brock and Misty, and Dawn and May and Iris and Cilan.

[spoiler=Response]

I wasn't tbph. There was quite a few things to cram into the episode as it was. Plus it was VERY unlikely that the past companions were going to appear anyway.

Well, the new special is the only one left. After that, a one week break and then Sun and Moon.

Apparently there are two specials according to broadcast data.

Not necessarily, I don't have to put the word "bump".

[spoiler=Response]

I wasn't tbph. There was quite a few things to cram into the episode as it was. Plus it was VERY unlikely that the past companions were going to appear anyway.

Apparently there are two specials according to broadcast data.

which makes sense as the anime was said to be released around the same week as the games

I'm down for the Ghost Owl and the mermaid seal. Just need someone to trade me the fire tigre.

But wait, Grass Ghost, Fire Dark, Water Fairy? The first types seem strong, but the secondary's sort of...

Okay, Incineroar is fire dark, but a fairy attack would cause neutral damage. What is the typing theme here? Last time fire psychic beats Grass Fighting, Grass Fighting beats Water Dark, Water dark beats Fire Psychic.

I'm down for the Ghost Owl and the mermaid seal. Just need someone to trade me the fire tigre.

But wait, Grass Ghost, Fire Dark, Water Fairy? The first types seem strong, but the secondary's sort of...

Okay, Incineroar is fire dark, but a fairy attack would cause neutral damage. What is the typing theme here? Last time fire psychic beats Grass Fighting, Grass Fighting beats Water Dark, Water dark beats Fire Psychic.

It is VERY hard to make a clean duel type combo that has both types interacting with resist one way and super effective the other. I want to say it might not even be possible. Over all I do quite like the types we got for them.

Edit: Yea, this was the anime thread. Wrong place Astro. Go comment in the Sun/Moon thread over in VG.

Why do I feel that this was posted in the wrong thread?

God, that was a great ending.

[spoiler=New Episode]

I loved how it was Eureka and Dedenne that were most saddened by the parting of ways. It makes a lot of sense given their characters. Honestly, the whole of the Pokemon good bye was nice.

The bit with Team Rocket lines up with how they've sold themselves to Giovanni before. They've taken down so many rival organizations in his mind.

Holy crap the kiss. They actually did it. They didn't show it, but it actually happened. Be it on the cheek on full on, they actually did it. I mean just look at the reactions. The ship never sinks. Damn it all, now I'm even more sad that Serena is gone.

The battle, while only showing a little, was really fun to watch.

I liked the little character flashbacks for the main cast, and they even added in little bits for the side characters and the Pokemon Ash left behind. That was a nice touch. And wow, Ash's had SO MANY SHIPPING SCENES!!!! Not to mention several that just focused on Serena. Sweet Jesus they pushed the ship hard.

I loved the closing touch with Ash just entering his home. Felt really final. Part of me wishes it was....... Why does Ash look so terrible in Sun/Moon. I don't even think the others look THAT bad (thought I do much prefer the art style in XYZ), it's just Ash. WHY?!?! ;_;

I picked the anime up again on a whim because I was just in a really big Pokemon mood and I'm so happy I did. Seriously, XY isn't ground breaking or anything in terms of anime, but it is a very solid series. Very sad the main story is over.

Well XY, you had a good run; now we have to see how the specials turn out (and the inevitable change in plot for Sun & Moon)

[spoiler=さようなら、ポケモンXY&Z]

• Serena kissed Ash on the cheek before leaving. Damn it, why didn't it show her actually kissing? Not like we haven't seen people kissing already (unless this generation of small children is touchy about this)
    • Oh well, at least Ash actually GOT a kiss (if he actually cares). Last time he got kissed was from Latias in Heroes, unless I missed something in earlier episodes.
  • Dedenne doesn't want to split up...well, you have to accept the fact that everyone's parting ways.
  • Serena ends up in Hoenn; well, good luck to her (and hopefully she can survive against Haruka's rivals and definitely her if the two cross paths)
  • Series ends with Ash ending up at home; not going to another region (and nothing about Alola in the main series).
  • Team Rocket drops Solrock/Lunatone souvenirs; yeah, I guess that's the little teaser for Sun/Moon.

Well, XY certainly left a lot for its successor to live up to. Can only wonder how the specials look like, and once those are done, I'll give this thread a proper farewell.

I think XYZ-42 has been subbed as well (should be part 1 of the climax if I remember correctly, or least the one after Citroid dies)

I dunno if anyone noticed this, but the airport that Serena was at when she arrived in Hoenn is pretty much Kansai International Airport in Osaka, Japan. The resemblance is uncanny.

(Though the airport in Osaka is nowhere near the region of Japan where Hoenn is based on (Kyushu), instead it's in the Kansai region where Johto is based on)

Final Episode title for XYZ (Another special like this week's)

XYZ Special: The Ultimate Duo! Clemont and Cilan!! (November 10th)

Yup, the Stunfisk from the broadcast data is indeed Cilan's.

Also, the subs for XYZ43 are out

Archived