Pokemon XY&Z

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay then, well, latest episode is out.

[spoiler Whoa]

Pokemon does have it's tragic moments. I mean, a girl the male likes is turned to stone, and even though Xerneas restores life to the forest from Yveltal's destruction she does not get restored. For the best, she probably wouldn't recognize the guy now that he's older. And finally, who would have thought Olympia and Bonnie would have ancestors?

Haven't watched the episode yet (because it's not out on anime sites), but if the other post-series specials are anything to go by, I'm gonna wager that this and next week's episode will likely not get dubbed, thus assuming that will be the case, I'll probs re-watch them when the subs come out in a couple of months or something.

Okay then, well, latest episode aired in Japan.

fix'd (as it's not out on anime sites yet)

Haven't watched the episode yet (because it's not out on anime sites), but if the other post-series specials are anything to go by, I'm gonna wager that this and next week's episode will likely not get dubbed, thus assuming that will be the case, I'll probs re-watch them when the subs come out in a couple of months or something.

fix'd (as it's not out on anime sites yet)

Well pictures for the episode came out on Serebii.net, close enough.

I normally can get some idea as to what is happening in the episodes off of just the raw, but the first half really went over my head. Second half was easier to follow since it was a pretty straight forward story at that point. Episode seemed cute. Need to wait for subs before I can say anything more than that.

We need subs for everything in the final stretch; Citron rebuilds the Citroid/Clembot, Serena's decision to become a coordinator, the farewell to Greninja and the finale.

But yeah, I got the second part but first was a bit hard to understand to an extent (had to resort to reading Bulbapedia for an idea of what's going on).

Well, they did SS026 (one with Mewtwo), but yeah, everything DP and BW didn't get their episodes dubbed for whatever reason (probably time and stuff). We would only hope they'd at least sub the one about the Kalos legendaries (this one). 

Heck, can't even find the subs for the DP/BW episodes (or raw, if those are available). 

I decided to wait till it came up on anime sites.

[spoiler=Thoughts]

It is possible that the Meowstic and Dedenne trainers are ancestors of Olympia and Bonnie (the Meowstic one being more likely at this point), but I've had people say "but it isn't confirmed though" though I don't want to say for definitely if that is the case.

[spoiler=Response]

The one concerning Olympia and Magica (yeah, that's her name) is probably likely or just coincidental. I don't know about Eureka/Bonnie though. 

Writers probably left it vague so we can guess if they are related or it's just coincidental. Wouldn't be surprised if the writers did intend for them to be related, but then we'd have to guess who Citron descends from in that town. 

(Then again, Olympia only talked about Zygarde in the anime; I think she mentions Xerneas/Yveltal in the games, but need to check as it's been a while since I beat her in a match)

Indeed, the final episode was spectacular.

And now, before our friend Sakura closes this thread for good, I would like to offer my final thoughts:

(ahem).

This was a great adventure for Ash and his friends Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. I wish the series could go on, but Ash has moved on. This series showed a lot of great promise, we got a female traveling companion who is open with her feelings and a backstory on how she knew Ash, a Brock clone who let his little sister do the proposing for him, an intricate plot that foreshadows the next generation and it was close for Ash but he comes out with the silver medal this time. It was close though. We see some great character development, especially for the girls, and I think Ash has grown as a trainer. We did have a rough patch with the South Korea thing but it was squared away. All and all, this series was great. We will all miss Serena and we will miss Bonnie proposing for Clemont. But most of all, we will miss the more serious Ash. And so as the moon sets on XYZ, s new dawn rises for the sun.

Thank you all and we hope Sun and Moon delivers.

Nowb to say a few words: British Soul and Sakura.

OKAY SAKURA, LOCK IT UP!

That should be my line, and besides if the previous episode was an indicator, it'll probs be another couple of days before the new episode to crop up on anime sites and I kinda don't want to add my thoughts on the episode in the Sun & Moon thread, so as the TC, I say ​we keep the thread open for another couple of days so that Sakura and even Flame Dragon can compile their final thoughts.

With the episode up on anime sites;

[spoiler=Thoughts on XYZ-49]

- This episode is a reminder of how annoying Cilan's monologues (and BG music) were in the Best Wishes series, and it's no surprise it bored Clemont/Bonnie.

- I'm not surprised at all that Cilan and Clemont/Bonnie didn't realise that they're friends with Ash, after all it was the case in the Cilan/Brock special.

- And ofc Cilan leaves by saying Best Wishes, not surprising given that was the general farewell greeting in the Best Wishes series.

I think it was a good series (defo better than Best Wishes imo), the travelling companions were cool, we had a rehash on an old running gag and a performer who wanted to be with Ash (even if he was oblivious to it), and I'd say the whole amourshipping thing had decent closure. As for Ash himself, sure he came 2nd in the Kalos League and whilst I'm not surprised he lost out in the finals, it would've been nice for him to win as closure for his story, but alas he will end up regressing to a goofier version of himself, which is a shame given the development he had in this series. Serena had also grown as a person as well, from someone whose mother wanted her to do Rhyhorn racing to becoming a performer and then better herself in Hoenn, yeah she had some good development and it was nice to have a backstory to work into the amourshipping throughout the series.

Well, we still gotta wait for the subs to come out for the closing episodes, plus the two side ones. But yeah, once Flame gives his thoughts, I'll just lock it. May be a couple weeks before this does get the farewell lock. 

[spoiler=XYZ-49 / SS037]

• Well, they at least used flashbacks of Ash. (I haven't watched BW since 2012-2013ish)
  • Now I remember why I didn't look forward to Dent returning.
  • Eureka and Dedenne save the day; apparently made friends with the Eelektross.
  • Eureka, it's your own fault for getting stuck on the train, especially one that was an express one (least from my understanding). If you had waited, then you wouldn't be in this mess. 

Really have no idea what happened in the episode. Shame we might not even have subs for it before the year is over. Speaking of subs, I still haven't gotten around to watching them (Finals through the whole Flare arc now). Part of me doesn't see the harm in leaving the thread open until all the episodes are subbed proper, but that can easily take until next year as said. Sigh.....

Still, as I said before XY was a great season. Ash was a super competent character and a great lead. Serena was great and I couldn't help shipping it. Eureka an amazing kid character. Clemont was the weakest of the group, but when he had the spot light he was still fun to watch. The rivals were great, and both Ash's and Serena's were recurring enough imo. Alan especially was an awesome character. I picked this up on a whim because I was in a massive Pokemon kick when XY came out. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be just a solid series.

And now we wait for Sun/Moon. Please don't be terrible.

Archived