Pokemon XY&Z

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we don't know that for certain. 

But yeah, the episode was nice though.

[spoiler=general thoughts]

• OK, so this marks the last time we're seeing Shauna, Tierno, Trevor and Shota. 
  • Serena's going to Hoenn to compete. I'm going to laugh if she and Haruka/May run into each other when they do. (Either that, or any of Haruka's rivals)
    • By extension, she isn't going to be Kalos Queen for a while, but guess she can handle contests. Just be prepared to fight, Serena. (The first half should be a definitive plus)
  • She decides to do one last Showcase, then that's it. 

Next episode means releasing two Pokemon (or at least Goodra). I don't know why Ash is letting Greninja go if that's the case, but we'll see.

Iris didn't, but not many people liked her anyway so no big deal. 

Although given the tone they decided to go with in Sun/Moon, I have my skepticism about them returning (or how they'd look in the new art style). I'd like to see Serena back as well, but we'll have to see. I'll save my criticism about Generation 7 for the other thread.

That, and the low ratings. I suppose little kids complained that Ash didn't relate to them much, and the anime went up to being something of a more shonen-based thing for older viewers (i.e. ourselves). I mean, XY/Z did have a few dark moments the past couple weeks, but it made it really good.

I can't say for certain that XY/Z got a bad rap (based on Japanese polls) because the main character / anime was appealing more to older viewers instead of the newer generation, but yeah. I don't mind Pokemon having its share of darker moments. For now, I guess we can enjoy the remainder of XY/Z and hope it ends on a good note before moving on.

I don't know how many people even liked Cilan/Dent, but if he had the same popularity as Iris (not very much), I don't foresee him returning. I know a few people got fed up with his "tasting/evaluations". 

Out of fairness, I'd take that speculation video with a good amount of salt, and definitely not as an indicator that he's coming back in Sun/Moon or a future generation. 

FINALLY got around to watching le episode

[spoiler=Thoughts on XY138]

- It was nice to see Serena/Shauna perform one last time, and by extension Jessie who just had to join in

- I'm not surprised the Ash/Serena battle ended without a result tbph

- So Serena decides to go to Hoenn to partake in contests... well at Palermo's suggestion ofc. I think that's a good move as it offers a fresh perspective to performing.

As much as I'd like to say Xerosic could do something similar to what he had in the postgame for X/Y, I'm doubting it at this point considering how many times the anime has strayed from the game plot. (Bringing Essentia in would not be a good idea, considering the timer this series is on. I kind of forget what he actually said during that time [if he did much outside of talking about the Expansion Suit].)

On that note, still gotta check if they subbed past Citroid's sacrifice (and if they got the usual subber back).

As much as I'd like to say Xerosic could do something similar to what he had in the postgame for X/Y, I'm doubting it at this point considering how many times the anime has strayed from the game plot

I agree, though to be fair I didn't think we'd have seen Essentia at all in the anime. (Heck we might not see her in Generations, but you never know)

Watched le episode live

[spoiler=Thoughts on XY139]

Prepare for a feels trip

- So we begin with them saying goodbye to Goodra at the wetlands

- Xerosic using the classic I'm gonna kidnap someone whilst there's a lot of smoke trope

- Though it was amusing to see Clemont's invention save Clemont from being controlled by Xerosic (He did fake being controlled though before revealing that he wasn't)

- I didn't think Xerosic would try and commit seppuku, but the Aipom Arm saved him... and he got arrested in the end

- Ofc Ash-Greninja left alongside the Zygardes

- Oh yeah, this was a Team Rocket-lite episode (They only had like 45 seconds of screentime)

Next week we see Ash leaving Kalos and returning to Pallet Town (it is the last episode of XY) with the preview showing Oak and Delia.

I have a funny feeling that for the final episode of XY&Z, Ash arrives at home only to find everything is being packed up, cause the Ketchum's are moving to Alola.

If this won't be how XYZ ends it should at least be how Sun and Moon begins. After all, in game we are a trainer from Kanto, so it makes sense.

Archived