Pokemon XY&Z

They probably can make it in time (least with this arc), but as I mentioned, it may cut into any time to show buffer episodes to ease the transition from X/Y into Sun/Moon (i.e. Serena catches more Pokemon or her party evolves a bit, get someone to introduce him to Alola [i don't remember if anyone said something about Unova back in DPPt], etc.)

Assuming each of those things takes one episode each, yeah, should be okay.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They probably can make it in time (least with this arc), but as I mentioned, it may cut into any time to show buffer episodes to ease the transition from X/Y into Sun/Moon (i.e. Serena catches more Pokemon or her party evolves a bit, get someone to introduce him to Alola [i don't remember if anyone said something about Unova back in DPPt], etc.)

Assuming each of those things takes one episode each, yeah, should be okay.

Serena will likely get character stuff or evolve Pokemon when they get back Chespin. She isn't getting more Pokemon. Alola intro can happen in Kanto since that is what happened in D/P.

Serena will likely get character stuff or evolve Pokemon when they get back Chespin. She isn't getting more Pokemon. Alola intro can happen in Kanto since that is what happened in D/P.

[spoiler for the future]

Exactly. Maybe in one of these episodes, Serena will finally tell Ash how she feels. The semi-final episode will be the big goodbye and the final episode is when Ash learns about Alola.

I don't think Ash/Steven's meeting in Granite Cave will be referenced tbph. It'd be nice if it did happen though, but the situation is a bit dire for a trip down memory lane to be had.

Also I think with the episode on the 15th being an hour-long special (2-episodes), I think that'll there'll probs be a 1-week gap between then and November.

Anywho, finally got around to watching le episode

[spoiler=thoughts on XYZ 40]

- I do like how this episode sets up the various missions for the characters; Clemont and Clembot trying to take back Prism Tower, Serena, Manon, Sycamore and TR heading to Lysandre Labs

- Lysandre reveals to Alain the true purpose of having him collect mega evolution energy.

- Ofc TR wants to take over Flare's base to fuel their conquest of Kalos, no surprise there.

- Loving the use of the Flare battle music during the fight with Aliana and Bryony (with the latter subdued by Clembot after their defeat)

- Lysandre wants to use the bond phenomenon power that Ash/Greninja has or his own means by taking control of them

- One thing I found weird was Lysandre's Gyarados didn't sparkle when it emerged from its pokeball. (We know shiny pokemon do that)

- Also I noticed that the thing that holds Charizard's mega stone is the same that is on Lysandre's Gyarados.

It's best to take those with a grain of salt for now. People on Serebii were chatting about this yesterday and most of them are taking them with a grain of salt as well.

Okay then.

On another note, it's been 2 1/2 to 3 years, but my anime playthrough of Pokemon Y is finished. Now we wait until Sun and Moon.

Oh and here's hoping Malva switches sides.

That too. But, and this is an old nitpick, I can not see why the writers and animators gave no potential to Drasna, who is now the only member of the Kalos E4 never to appear in the anime. With 10 eps left there may not be any room for her.

Also, a little late to ask, but was the purpose Lysandre set up for Alain for gathering Mega Evolution Energy to power up the Zygarde control ray?

That too. But, and this is an old nitpick, I can not see why the writers and animators gave no potential to Drasna, who is now the only member of the Kalos E4 never to appear in the anime. With 10 eps left there may not be any room for her.

Also, a little late to ask, but was the purpose Lysandre set up for Alain for gathering Mega Evolution Energy to power up the Zygarde control ray?

To be fair, they didn't develop the Unova E4 either (anime-wise). Then again, neither was Wikstrom (despite his slight cameo in the movie openings). I don't recall the Hoenn E4 outside of Drake being developed in the anime either, so wouldn't be the first time. 

Taking the dub titles with a grain of salt, since we don't even know what episode 135's Japanese title is (well, we'll find out on Thursday). 

Find out on Thursday? How about we find out now;

Episode 938: The Megalith Advances! A Fight to Protect Kalos!! (September 15th)

Episode 939: Zygarde Fights Back! The Final Battle for Kalos!! (September 15th)

And as I assumed the other day, there will be a one week break on the 22nd (though I said there'd be one at some point).

That works.

It's a double showing next week; suppose that makes up for them taking a break on the 22th. But yeah, I guess they want to get this arc done, then slowly transition into Sun & Moon. Speaking of which, still no information on that series, but assume it'll be announced sometime within the next couple weeks.

Should be good though.

That works.

It's a double showing next week; suppose that makes up for them taking a break on the 22th. But yeah, I guess they want to get this arc done, then slowly transition into Sun & Moon. Speaking of which, still no information on that series, but assume it'll be announced sometime within the next couple weeks.

Should be good though.

I agree, and the title for 939 says it all. And oooh, adding the ten Pokemon was SO close to 1,000 episodes, oh well, that milestone will have to be reached in the Sun and Moon series.

Okay we need a, nevermind, the first Legendary Ash will see upon arriving on Alola will be Solgaleo.

Yeah, I can probably see Goodra returning to the wetlands since Ash only needed him for a full team for the league (despite him having plenty of other viable 'mons in Kanto). But I do think Citron/Clemont will be forced to take over gym responsibilities again in that new one (assuming the Citroid is damaged beyond repair). 

We'll have to see though, but they are slowly winding down. (Now we have to see if AmourShipping will keep going, or it ends in XY)

Yeah,

[spoiler Amourshipping]

Serena just wouldn't have the guts to confess to Ash.

Remember the end of the second Arc of Bleach? There should be an episode like that, where many characters go through some form of development:

• Meyer reveals he's Blaziken mask to his kids
  • Bonnie saying goodbye to Squishy
  • Serena trying to confess to Ash but can't
  • Ash wondering what he should do next

The list goes on.

Hopefully by the time the break is finished the subs will be almost caught up again.

4 episodes for the Flare arc is about an episode shorter than I was expecting, but still a good length.

For such a final name as "We Start at Zero! Clemont's Decision!!" it feels like Clemont could leave the cast with this episode. But we still have at least 4 or 5 episodes after this point and it would be weird to have him leave then. Not to mention, that is a fair bit of time to kill with all the main plot over. Yea, we have wrap up stuff, but that shouldn't take more than a couple episodes. Really curious what that time will be used for.

Also, looks like we have our answer for how Ash learns about Alola. Alolan Oak is likely going to be the one to tell him about/bring him to the region.

Yeah, Professor Oak's cousin will probably be the one who introduces Ash to the Alola region (and likely another plane trip from Kanto). By the time he appears, we might have an announcement on the Sun/Moon anime.

As much as I want to see AmourShipping actually take off (since it's gotten the closest to actually being a pair), Ash has been relatively dense in terms of feelings that female characters give him. It'll probably just be something we can only keep dreaming about in fanfics and other media. Or yes, Serena doesn't have the bravery to outright say she has romantic feelings. I don't know. To be fair, it's not like kids their age don't already fantasize over having crushes, but...

---

Let's just see what this week's episode shows us, and what might happen to Citron later on.

4 episodes for the Flare arc is about an episode shorter than I was expecting, but still a good length.

The Flare arc is 5 episodes in length. Bear in mind that the hour-long special next week is 2 episodes and today's episode is the 3rd of the arc.

EDIT: During the trailer for the 1-hour long special, it was announced that alongside the episode there will be a big announcement, something to look forward to.

(inb4 it's the Sun/Moon anime announcement)

The Flare arc is 5 episodes in length. Bear in mind that the hour-long special next week is 2 episodes and today's episode is the 3rd of the arc.

EDIT: During the trailer for the 1-hour long special, it was announced that alongside the episode there will be a big announcement, something to look forward to.

(inb4 it's the Sun/Moon anime announcement)

I apparently can't count.

Sun/Moon announcement is like 99% likely. Though I am curious when the first promo art and what not start coming out. My guess is around this time.

And since we are talking about the ship, what ever they end up doing I want it to have some closure. They teased it WAY too hard through out the series to just do nothing.

Let's face it, if it doesn't have some form of closure, then it'll just be a big kick in the teeth. We'll just have to see what the writers decide to do with it.

I apparently can't count.

To be fair, you probs counted it in terms of weeks (because it is 4 weeks in length, so in essence you're not wrong in that regard).

EDIT:

[spoiler=Thoughts on 134]

- This is the first episode to feature more than one shiny pokemon (Gyarados and Metagross), neat.

- When Celosia's Drapion used Sludge Bomb and hit Team Rocket, I legit thought it'd remove their disguises, but they went and removed them themselves afterwards. (I guess that works too)

- I will admit though, Lysandre's Gyardos is one tough cookie, taking out four of Ash's pokemon and tanking attacks from Charizard (despite it being weak to electric moves).

- Malva stepping in to join the fight was cool to see.

- I almost had a feels trip when Clemont destroyed the control machine, resulting in Clembot being destroyed in the process.

- When the vine-thingy hit Blaziken Mask, the sound that Puni-chan made sounded familiar, it was the same sound Dialga/Palkia made in Diamond&Pearl.

- I thought it was neat in the segment after the ending that Xerosic was shown with a bandage on his head after falling through the trap door.

Archived