Pokemon XY&Z

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=New ep]

Agree with pretty much everything British said. That Gyarados is a monster having taken a ton of attacks and dropping 2/3s of Ash's team in a single hit. It doesn't even look that damaged.

Lots of great use of music in the episode. All from the opening fight to Clembot's farewell. Not to mention Eureka's song (really hits how sad that version is when you hear the normal one at the end). Speaking of that scene, I also caught the Dialga/Palkia cry.

Malva fighting against Lysandre is a nice touch. Honestly, I REALLY wish they had done more with her relationship with Lysandre in the game. We know its there, but thats about it.

[spoiler=XY134]

• Yeah, Lysandre's Gyarados is extremely bulky for what it's worth and yeah, Ash loses 4 'mons and it's not even fazed that much. I don't know; you can either say that Lysandre's Gyarados is really overleveled (if I have to bring game mechanics in here, like facing a level 100 with a team of 50-60s) or Ash underestimated him, even with Alain's help.
  • Citroid blowing itself up to destroy the machine controlling Z2 was much more emotional than Eureka singing her song (but yeah, it was pretty dark otherwise). At least he got the gym back, but yeah, looks like Citron's going back to gym leader duties since his replacement is gone.
    • RIP Citroid (XY009 - XY134)
  • Steven returns and beats the crap out of Team Flare grunts. 
  • Didn't expect Malva to help them out, but guess we'll have to wait for subs to see what was said.
  • Xerosic survived falling through trapdoor; yeah, I can't remember when someone actually died falling through one. 

Next week should be epic, and then the winding-down starts.

----

EDIT: Stuff for Sun/Moon anime has been shown; if it is not an issue, I'd like to be the one to make the thread this time. But yeah, whoever gets to it first, well, gets it.

I said this a while back, but I'll repeat it; I think the Sun/Moon anime will begin November 24th after a 1/2 week break. XY could either end on the 3rd or the 10th of November, we don't know.

EDIT: Stuff for Sun/Moon anime has been shown; if it is not an issue, I'd like to be the one to make the thread this time. But yeah, whoever gets to it first, well, gets it.

To be fair, I'm surprised you didn't make the thread not long after this edit was made tbph.

Moving swiftly on; I will admit that I forgot about the Megalith until Xerosic was talking about it at the end of last week's episode.

I do think we'll get a mini 30-second trailer for it on Thursday, which is when I thought the series would be announced, didn't think it'd be revealed in CoroCoro for some reason.

(well, it was kinda late on my end too).

Figured as much. What time was it on your end when you made the edit out of curiosity?

I do think we'll get a mini 30-second trailer for it on Thursday, which is when I thought the series would be announced, didn't think it'd be revealed in CoroCoro for some reason.

Its pretty easy to forget CoroCoro normally gives new anime news on top of the video game stuff. It just happens less often.

I wonder when I'll finally admit defeat on Serena not staying around. I mean, if she did I wouldn't expect something the big to be shown so soon, but not seeing her on the poster does hurt her odds. Though the poster not showing off any obvious traveling companions is interesting imo.

It's pretty easy to forget CoroCoro normally gives new anime news on top of the video game stuff. It just happens less often.

It is easy to forget yeah, which is why I was surprised to see it in CoroCoro because I honestly was expecting the first news about it to be on Thursday.

EDIT: I double checked, and CoroCoro was due to come out on Thursday as well (so we would've gotten news then either way), but ofc it gets leaked a couple days early.

It is easy to forget yeah, which is why I was surprised to see it in CoroCoro because I honestly was expecting the first news about it to be on Thursday.

EDIT: I double checked, and CoroCoro was due to come out on Thursday as well (so we would've gotten news then either way), but ofc it gets leaked a couple days early.

CorCoro info tends to line up with announcements. We have a new trailer in 2 days and the anime announcement in 3, but because it leaks we find out the news a little early. Though actually seeing things animated is always a plus. Plus it might help with some of the reservation about the new series.

CorCoro info tends to line up with announcements. We have a new trailer in 2 days and the anime announcement in 3, but because it leaks we find out the news a little early. Though actually seeing things animated is always a plus. Plus it might help with some of the reservation about the new series.

Indeed, though I imagine people will still have reservations about the new series even after the trailer drops.

Indeed, though I imagine people will still have reservations about the new series even after the trailer drops.

For sure. They are doing something VERY different from normal. Which, after almost 20 years isn't a bad idea, but there is such a thing as too different. A lot of it will come down to Ash's characterization and just what it means for him to be "going to school". The region is 4 islands so it is 0% that he'll be locked into one area for too long.

Oh right, and it was around quarter to 1 am when I edited the post (my time). 

Fair, and I suppose you had classes as well, so you probs needed le sleep.

For sure. They are doing something VERY different from normal. Which, after almost 20 years isn't a bad idea, but there is such a thing as too different. A lot of it will come down to Ash's characterisation and just what it means for him to be "going to school". The region is 4 islands so it is 0% that he'll be locked into one area for too long.

It is nice to change things up, and I suppose it'll go along the lines of "Ash attends a school, but the school focuses on exploration and adventure rather than go to class, do stuff, go to next class, ..."

[spoiler=Use spoilers]

Oh, I get it, Ash's next journey is like Bloom's from Winx Club season 1.

Edit: This was just so epic, all the Gym Leaders coming together. Best episodes ever.

Also, is this the first time in the main series anime a character actually dies? I mean sure Cyrus was trapped in another dimension, but this?!

Well pokemon does have some dark moments hidden by that lie of a TV Y7 rating.

[spoiler=Thoughts on XY135/136]

135:

- I was like "da fuq?" when Lysandre seemingly topped himself after his Gyarados fell in battle.

Things got heated when the Megalith transformed into a Zygarde and absorbing Chespie to use as a power source, causing everyone to retreat from Lysandre labs.

- So the Megalith wanted to combine with the Anistar sundial to make an explosion that was destroy the world. Not gonna lie though I felt it kinda made sense, I mean the megalith is pretty much a pool of mega evo energy and the sundial detects mega stones in the games.

- I will say this though; it's a good thing the other characters found other unoccupied helicopters laying around.

- It was nice to see all the gym leaders get in on the action as well.

136:

- It was neat to see the gym leaders, Diantha, Steven, etc stall the Megalith, forging a path so Ash and Alain can save Chespie, stopping the megalith, though Lysandre returned to take control of it. The battle at this point was cool and when Zygarde destroyed the Megalith, pretty much killing Lysandre I thought it was a tad extreme.

- Clemont/Bonnie finally found out that Blaziken Mask was their dad, and tbph I thought it had to happen eventually.

- It was nice to see Chespie finally wake from its coma

Oh the most amusing part; Clembot being referenced as the Lumiose Gym Leader in the recap at the start of 136.

[spoiler=XY135/136 thoughts]

I will admit that this was a really good 1-hour special to wrap up the main arc before winding down. I might need to watch it again for good measure; also as a reminder to how good XY(&Z) has been for the past three years.

But yeah, all of the gym leaders came back to fight off the megalith, Hari-san (Chespie) gets saved and wakes up and Lysandre is defeated. I'm just going to assume he got killed after Core Punisher destroyed the megalith with him controlling it. Was a bit surprised that the megalith turned into a "clone" of Zygarde, but yeah it absorbed Hari-san and almost destroyed the world. Oh right, and Citron/Eureka did find out that Blaziken Mask was their dad the whole time.

Puni-chan leaves as of this episode, but it was dramatic enough for what it was worth.

In all, arc was pretty good, especially this week's.

[spoiler=XY137 and beyond speculation]

Citroid got repaired, but now we're left to wonder what Citron is going to do next in this episode; leave the group to go back to full leader duties or stick around a little while. I'm going for the former.

We're winding down now, so expect small kinds of stuff and the eventual intro to Alola. At this point, I'm pretty much prepared to say that AmourShipping ends at the end of the series, even though I would've liked it to go into Sun/Moon.

Goodra's probably going back home to Route 14 and Alain/Manon are probably going back to Professor Sycamore to do research with him.

Two week break, so hopefully the subbers can catch up with everything. By the way though, part 2 of Ash/Alain in the finals is subbed now.

New titles

Episode 941: One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!! (October 13th)

Episode 942: Farewell Ash-Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!! (October 20th)

K, so apparently we're not done with Xerosic for some reason.

[spoiler=XY135/136 thoughts]

I'm just going to assume he got killed after Core Punisher destroyed the megalith with him controlling it..

[spoiler=Response]

*clicks fingers* That's the name of the move, I couldn't remember it whilst watching le episode.

Well, Xerosic did have a post-game thing even after Team Flare was finished (lab blown up and Lysandre apparently killed himself after you beat him with the box legend); don't think we'll have time for Essentia to appear though. Or something happens and Ash loses the ability to transform again; given the episode title, might be.

Hmm, and I guess Ash vs Serena will be the time when we find out if she goes on to pursue her dream of being Kalos queen or they stay together for a while. (Of course, knowing the Sun/Moon trailer doesn't really give hope for the latter)

[spoiler=New episodes]

Yea, those were really sweet. Curious what exactly caused the megalith to come to life. I get it was the Zygarde energy, but curious if that was it. The fact that it was feeding on that energy, which is what cause the coma, was a good way to cure Chespin.

Having all the gym leaders return was SUCH a nice touch. One of the issues in the Pokemon media out of adventure is the gym leaders are all built up to be these super awesome trainers/characters, but once you clear their gym you pretty much never see them again. Having them all show up for the final battle was just awesome. Everyone helping Ash and Alain get to Chespin was also SUPER shonen and super awesome.

Perfect Zygarde got very little screen time, but the little it got was freaking badass. Between the design, the way it was animated, and the way it completely destroys the megalith, it was just awesome. Curious if Lysandre is dead dead. They seemed to touch on it at the end of the episode, but raw and everything.

I'm really curious what they are going to do with the last several episodes. The fact that the next two are the "choice" episodes is really interesting since I would have expected to see that with only an episode or two left, not 3 or 4. The title for the Serena episode seems to suggest she'll be leaving, but titles can be super misleading. I mean, the clip for the next episode had a shipping scene with both Serena AND Ash giving each other a look. Whatever happens, they did a good job selling the ship. Xerosic coming back is a nice touch. He was the only major Flare member not captured and the games even have a bit with him at the end. Wonder what exactly they'll do to keep Greninja from reaching Ash-Gren.

Also, I enjoy the fact that the likely conclusion to the shipping stuff will come on my birthday. That makes me laugh.

With regards to Serena, I suspect (from the scan in Pokémon Fan magazine), that she'll choose to train with Shauna once the series ends.

maybe we'll see what's under those goggles.

You mean his eyes :Kappa: ? In all seriousness though, I don't think Xerosic's goggles will be removed, I don't think there is a need to tbph.

Archived