The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

That still tells me nothing about what I need to know.

I don't really understand this Tsukuyomi/Poison combination.

And how exactly Madara just hijacked the Arc.

Could you just give a summary of yours and Chris' posts?

He didn't hijack it. He's the essential co-host, and HELLO final boss. He just came out of left field and took you by surprise.

He controls the trees with Wood Release, and makes them into poison-pumping flowers. As GLaDOS you should be aware of this sheet.

The fog is an illusion, cast in your mind by the giant eye on the moon he made. Yep.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GLaDOS: Mugendramon phrased it in a rather rude manner, but he explained it pretty clearly, and Chris did act a lot earlier than he should've. Since his post contained events so abrupt and complex, it lacks the impact it should've had. I was worried that it might disrupt activity, and it looks like it has.

As for my post, it should be a lot simpler; just a basic overview of the world, with the Divine on the dayside and CC on the nightside, and monsters have recently been unleashed into it, which are orientated towards each person's weakness. But they're only for the Divine and former Divine at the moment, since Ophelia needs some time to analyze the Corps. I'm afraid you won't get much of a chance to explore the world though.

Right now, I'm considering a minor retcon that involves postponing Madara's reveal, but am waiting for Chris's and Roxas's opinions on the matter first.

Eh, as long as people acknowledge that he used the pollen, that's fine.

Really, my main concern is that Chris edits Sora out of that post, because I didn't allow him to use Sora at all. In fact, when he said he just needed Sora's corpse, I said "That would be Xansvita" as a way to say to Sora literally cannot show up. I'm fine with Broke's post, since it doesn't specify Sora, and really could just apply to any of the people Madara revived, so as long as no one acknowledges Sora's presence, since he's not even supposed to be there, I'm set.

Oh, that's easy.

Itsu can just-

F**k.

Hmm...would machines be fooled by the genjutsu?

Machines...no Madara doesn't come from KHR verse

As for the post I actually have no problem with it. The poison pollen thing was nice...not effect but nice and genjutusu is genjutusu. If your character can survive the mind raping or is immune to mind raping (really miss old Dorian right now) then that is the case. 

Other than that everything proceeds as normal.

Machines...no Madara doesn't come from KHR verse

Good.

That means the T.E.S.La.R.C. Armor can switch over from a translucent faceplate with passive sensors to a polarized faceplate with active sensors replacing normal vision.

So out of my 4 characters, the catatonic one will be able to be just fine.

Oh, that's easy.

Itsu can just-

F**k.

Hmm...would machines be fooled by the genjutsu?

No mind, no genjutsu.

Seriously considering holding off on the status update until we sort out the details with Chris' post.

As you should.

Additionally, anyone not on the same tier as Madara should at least have some difficulty dispelling the genjutsu.

Oh! Yuki has powerful mental defenses, so she might be able to resist the genjutsu.

Finally, once the genjutsu has been cast, can switching sensory methods, i.e., going from seeing out of the helmet to havingthe helmet darken and instead project a representation of the outside using tiny sensors, stop the genjutsu?

No mind, no genjutsu.

Not entirely true.

Genjutsu works by channeling chakra into the opponent's nervous system, essentially hijacking the person's senses and rationale.

No chakra, no genjutsu.

And the T.E.S.La.R.C. AIs ain't got chakra.

Just going to get this out of the way, but does anyone else think Madara has already shaped up to be what we feared that the Renegade Joker would be? Because what he did to Matthew and Richard reminded me of how the Renegade Joker killed Kenpachi and Yachiru.

Yeah...

Then again, he is overpowered in the original series, anyways.

Just going to get this out of the way, but does anyone else think Madara has already shaped up to be what we feared that the Renegade Joker would be? Because what he did to Matthew and Richard reminded me of how the Renegade Joker killed Kenpachi and Yachiru.

No...the fights in both cases just weren't fair.

Well a blanket control over vectors is...pushing it but it was against someone who all they do is swing. Albeit its a mighty strong swing but still =_=.

Madara vs. Raiden Richard is pretty much the same thing. Moving as "fast as lightning" is useless against someone who can probably follow the body flickers of the 2nd and 4th. 

More importantly I feel this isn't as much the characters OPness as it was just a good chance for both RPers to show how strong Madara and the Renegade Joker are. I didn't even think RJ was overpowered until the OOC was littered with. RJ solos-the-rest-of-the-cast like comments.

That's partially my fault, I asked Chris to kill Matthew in such a way that his weapons were also destroyed, so he probably felt as though all the deaths should be to that extreme.

No...the fights in both cases just weren't fair.

Well a blanket control over vectors is...pushing it but it was against someone who all they do is swing. Albeit its a mighty strong swing but still =_=.

Madara vs. Raiden Richard is pretty much the same thing. Moving as "fast as lightning" is useless against someone who can probably follow the body flickers of the 2nd and 4th. 

More importantly I feel this isn't as much the characters OPness as it was just a good chance for both RPers to show how strong Madara and the Renegade Joker are. I didn't even think RJ was overpowered until the OOC was littered with. RJ solos-the-rest-of-the-cast like comments.

Eh, RJ is dead.

@Bailas, GLaDOS: Content is way more important than length. Speaking of which, that Chris assumed everyone will succumb to the poison - considering the vast range of entities who would be unaffected, not sure how he expected this to work - isn't really good. That's called powerplaying, and even though I kinda let him do this, it's still bothering. I think the most valid explanation would be that the trees simply dragged them over, poison or no poison.

And yes, I completely understand about the 'throwing off' bit. Sorry about that. A crossover can't be maintained if it goes into too much detail, since there's bound to be conflicting elements. Right now, I have two options; either I can ask Chris to postpone his post for halfway into the RP, which'll help the story flow smoother, but it ruins the surprise. Or I can let things continue as they are, and micromanage things so that they run smoother.

Right now, I need to think. I may have to make a poll and let you guys vote on it, but I wouldn't want to pressure Chris >.<

Instead, I'll wait for his opinion on this matter, as well as Roxas's.

@Mugendramon: Yes! Sorry, slight setbacks. As I explained, my computer crashed and it seems like I've lost my two maps, so I guess I'll have to make them again on my Windows XP laptop.

It's as simple as cut and dry paste.  I rushed it and I shouldn't have.  So if you want to allow for more character development that's a lot simpler.  So if everyone is content with that, I already have the post saved, and I can do some editing outside.  I'll remove it, change it, and increase it in length since I couldn't finish it yesterday.

For those who want to know Team Dorian survived the poisoned because they were encased in a thin veil of fire that comes from Dorian this will be explained in the next post that highlights Dorian and Butlerok's movements. 

The poison wasn't designed to kill, it was designed to make the targets unconscious, and was then dispelled by a wind cast,  And at this point, I'm happy to give up Madara's control to Merciful (or anyone else who wants him).  It seems like I'm not cut out or desired for the cast, and I'm fine with that.

The poison wasn't designed to kill, it was designed to make the targets unconscious, and was then dispelled by a wind cast,  And at this point, I'm happy to give up Madara's control to Merciful (or anyone else who wants him).  It seems like I'm not cut out or desired for the cast, and I'm fine with that.

Oh well that's even better. I thought the pollen was still pumping even after all of the shenanigans

It's not that at all, the post was just too early and you didn't tell Merciful what you were actually doing so he could explain things to you. Everything Madara has done has been okay, aside from the things mentioned like reviving Sora.

Archived